Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forgotten Realms Interest Check (Pathfinder)

Rivine

Supernova
Hey everyone! I am just curious who would be interested in a game based in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting? I prefer using Pathfinder as the system.

As far as the story goes, I have an idea for a cold opening for you all. I will put you all in a situation with no initial explination and we will fill in the narative backstory of how you all came to be there as we go. You will all be put in a situation that will encourage cooperation.

So what all of you need to know, I will be open to any alignment and most races. We will be starting at third level.

Last edited:
*waves tail* don't forget me! ;)

If Forgotten Realms, then it is time for my Drow elf or a Tiefling... or Drow Tiefling... ;)

Well I know what races one of you is interested in , but what about the rest of ya? I am going to use that to partially determine the starting level as well as the location. Having said that I am probably going to stay away from an Underdark campaign and I would like to discourage Drizzt clones.

Oh, I definitely not playing a Drizzt clone... having a black panther - or a white snow tiger - would be however very nice. ;)
Also, I am more interested in a not underdark setting, as that would be more dangerous. Not that for my character idea(s) adventuring among "normal" people on Toril's surface would not be dangerous enough....

Terribly interested, would love to try it, have read lots about it but never got to
If we have a Drow can we be an evil party? And I don't mind us going between dark and underdark so to speak, raiding for slaves to the surface world seems terribly fun xD

I might be interested, it depends a lot on what sort of story and tone you're thinking of. That would also affect what sorts of character concepts I would lean towards, and what races I might want to use for them...

My top interest is non-con scenarios, although I'm not too picky right now what role I play in them, so I would be very down for either an evil party or a scenario where the threats and enemies we face would be sexual in nature. However, I'm not opposed to a more typical party/campaign either, if there were a good emphasis on romance--I rarely get a chance to do romance in D&D, it's such a shame.

Alright, updated the initial post. I want to surprise you all a bit with the initial setup. I will give you a general geographic location when I settle on one.

Would not mind throwing my hat in the ring... even if I've been swamped with work and thunderstorms the last week or so. Start of July, so things are looking... somewhat more sane. If I squint. Still! Will be looking over classes, and plotting/planning... as I'm wondering if a Mythos class could be tweaked to work in PF..... or if you would allow evolutionist :p

I would like to stick to classes found in the Core Rulebook and the Advanced Players guide. No homebrew please 😊

Bah, humpug. Shall ask if you would allow spell research? I know it's a downtime activity, and I do some wizard/research focused characters at times.

If there is ever a time skip in the RP I would allow for possible research and projects for characters with the applicable knowledge, craft, profession and other similair skills to undertake them if applicable during that period.

Ah, technology/magical research, here I come! Because, if we go Drow... they tend to invent and lose things all the time in their conflicts with each other :p

... and I like to get some "inventions" tried out on me anyway. ;)

Would it be still non-con if I tricked or let someone to "do me"? After all, a good Tiefling / Drow can act being surprised, caught, and even cry "foul rape!" while having a good rime.

One thing is for sure, I would try to make a character who uses a polearm Glaive / Ranseur, and maybe would try to play a cleric.

I don't think so, would be more dub-con :p

And perhaps, though would largely be more spell-research, might do some tech stuff, depending on what the DM allows. Already have to hunt for guns :p

Alright. So how many of you wish to play a drow? I would like some racial diversity in the group.

Also, we will be usong the 3/3.5 versions of the campaign setting.

When it comes to elves there will be a myriad of options: drow, wood elves, wild elves, moon elves, sun elves and we will do avariel as well. So there will be lots of options!

Dunno if I'm a bit too late to express interest, there seems to already be a lot of people who beat me to it, but on the off chance I'm definitely interested in giving this a go! I run a number of Pathfinder games myself and I love the system, but admittedly I'm not super knowledgeable about the Forgotten Realms setting so if that's a bit of an issue, I totally understand.

You are more than happy to join in Sully! Any thoughts as to your character possibly? Any questions about the setting?

Great, thanks! As for characters, I so rarely get a chance to play a character because I'm always GMing that I have a ton of ideas, so I'm happy to pick something that'll fit the rest of the party. I am sort of curious as to what gods are in the setting though, since my character might at the very least worship some deity, even if he isn't a divine caster himself. I probably won't go a drow though, since I see that being pretty popular, haha. Maybe a half-orc, maybe a human, I'll have a think unless you have any suggestions as to what you think might fit.

Well here is a rather comprehensive list of the deities for the setting.

Portal:Deities

If you want me to help you narrow some options down, we can discuss the alignment and characteristics you are looking for in a god.

As for race, human or half-orc could be good. There are a ton of human cultures that you can have your character be from as well.

Awesome, I'll have a look at some of the deities and let you know. I do enjoy being good aligned, maybe even a paladin of sorts, but I also don't want to cause an issue with the rest of the party so I can hold off on that idea. I'll need to look into some of these human cultures too and find something that looks interesting.

If we're sticking to core/advanced player's guide, I'm inclined towards human, though I could work either of the half-human races as well. If we're allowing more obscure races, I like vishkanya but I don't know if they have a place in Forgotten Realms. Dhampir or ifrit, maybe?

Back
Top Bottom