Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pokemon Interest Check

Information & Characters | Game

wallpaper_generation_6_by_arke.jpg

I haven't had much luck in the past with group interest checks, but I have a lot of ideas, so I'll give it another shot. If you are just skimming this, I will bold and underline important information.

Anyway, the premise of the RP will be that it takes place in a Pokemon universe that is entirely custom; that is to say, places like Pallet Town do not exist and neither do characters like Brock (you are welcome to repurpose canon characters, but if you do so, run it by me). I will design the world and act as the Dungeon Master of sorts, but you are naturally always welcome to give suggestions for setting, story, or anything like that. As that may imply, unless it seems like interest veers elsewhere, we will likely use some form of system for battling and leveling, etc. If that doesn't appeal to you, but the RP does regardless, let me know you're still interested and if it seems like a systems-based RP is less of interest, then we won't do it. I haven't begun creating the universe yet because I wanna see if this is actually something people want to do, but I have a lot of ideas.

The plot and setting will be a good deal darker and more adult-oriented than the canon Pokemon universe. Bad things besides kid gets Pokemon temporarily stolen from him until Ash stops Team Rocket happen. Naturally, smut will be allowed (provided they are of age), but unless it's by popular demand, pokemorphs won't be a part of this. I don't want to spoil some of the plot twists I have planned, so I will only give the beginning concept. Essentially, Pokemon training is not very lucrative (you can think of it akin to a sport or gaming, where it's not very profitable unless you're a pro), but people do it anyway and trainers can get their license at 15. The barriers to entry are high, but the Pokemon League is a dream for a lot of people and fortunately, the last decade has seen a Pokemon Academy arise that teaches prospective rookie trainers how to excel and grants them opportunities. They compete and are given chances to build star reputations for themselves. In that sense, it'll be something like a hybrid between Hogwarts and American Idol, I suppose. Anyway, a handful of students will be chosen for this go-around and those characters will be your characters and the NPCs that I supplement it with.

I don't want to bog this down with too much depth for an interest check, but I will provide a lot of info once I see that people actually wanna do this.

Last edited:
It's definitely highly plausible that there are small-scale tournaments all the time.

No target age; just new prospective trainers.

Typically it's just a matter of getting a letter of recommendation from a respected person in the Pokemon community and putting in an application.

Yeah, this is absolutely fantastic. May wanna revise your stance on multiple "main" characters

I have high hopes for this RP! I'm still putting more thought into how my character will fit into this particular world and I'm excited to see how the story is going to go. It looks like we've got 6 or 7 people who've expressed interest so far and that's pretty promising. :)

We will be starting off on the first day arriving at the academy. The first scene will essentially be waiting for the doors to open, kind of like a Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

Fluffy, this RP in particular is a group one. Depending on what you're looking for, I may be interested in a private one, so shoot me a message. Generally though, you'll wanna find the private RPs in the individualized roleplay sections.

A bit slow at the moment. I've been getting swamped with work lately, so I haven't been able to sit and let the creative juices flow much. It should be slowing down next week, I think.

Still interested, but things IRL just got hairy for me within the past week. i might need to come in later in the rp as I've unexpectedly had to go mostly inactive on the site.

Yeah, sorry about the holdup. The main things I have left to do are the NPCs, system, and map. I gotta spend some time to work on the system aspect and do research to know what would be the optimal way to go about it.

A bit of an update, I suppose.

I think I'm gonna have to put this off. I kind of underestimated the amount of work that would have to go into putting together an RP with a system. That's not to say I'll never do anything with the stuff I put together and if I do get around to it, I'll definitely tag everyone who expressed interest. Apologies for the cock teasing. :S

Well system rps have to go in the system section anyways. This is for free form group RP.

I seen a lot of rps like this get started and dont finish. I will bite as long as its organized enough and you try to not give upl

Back
Top Bottom