Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Adventures on the Lost Continent (Midnight Lass x Blood Red Romeo)

Saki gasped at the feel of Orson's hands on her breasts. For a few seconds, she didn't do anything, not sure how she should react. After a minute, though, she pulled both of Orson's hands to her breasts and covered them with her own, moaning softly at the feel of Orson's caress.

Orson maintained his caresses on her body for several minutes, each rub driving his arousal and desire for her further. But he eventually stopped. As good as she felt, he needed to get back to work. As much as he wanted to indulge in her body, he’d save that for another time. “Saki, you’re amazing.”

Before Saki could respond, Tamra's voice came over the intercom, startling her.

"Captain James?" Tamra's voice said. "I'm down in the laboratory with something you need to see. And I'd bring either Saki or Miharu with you."

Orson heard what she said and prepared to leave. Before doing so, he did stop to give her Saki a brief last kiss before finally untangling himself from her and standing up. He was a bit wobbly on his legs, still recovering from the massage, but after a few moments he was back to normal. Once his coat was back on, he gestured to the door, asking Saki to follow him. Then he made his way out the door and towards the laboratory with his newest romantic companion at his side.

Saki took a few minutes to catch her breath, her body still tingling from the memory of Orson's hands. When Orson motioned for Saki to follow him, she took one last deep breath, nodded, then placed her blades in her belt before following Orson.

Sabrina Dubois was waiting for the pair outside of the laboratory. "Captain, good, you brought one of your warriors," she said with a nod towards Saki. "I don't think we'll need her, but I'm not taking any chances. There's a --- we --- that is." Sabrina shook her head and said, "I think it is safe to say that no one on this ship will ever be a nonbeliever when it comes to the subject of magic again."

Orson could only look quizzically at Dr. Dubois at first. But when she mentioned magic, his heart began to race. What on earth was she talking about? “Dr. Dubois, could you show us what you discovered?” he asked, struggling to maintain his excitement.

"Just both of you move slowly," Sabrina told Orson and Saki, before pantomiming her instructions to Saki. With those final enigmatic instructions, Sabrina Dubois led the two into the laboratory.

Like the sickbay above, the laboratory was compact but up-to-date with the latest scientific equipment. Nothing out of place could be seen in the room. Tamra and Safa were sitting in front of a table, bending over and studying something, but both looked up when Orson, Saki and Sabrina walked in to the room.

What Tamra and were studying became apparently obvious.

A tiny woman, all of six inches tall, was perched on the table. The woman appeared to be dressed in a modified handkerchief but, other than her diminutive size, she looked to be a perfectly formed woman.

The tiny woman cowered at the appearance of Orson and Saki. Tamra said something in a harsh sounding language and the tiny woman relaxed. though she still eyed Orson warily.

Turning back to Orson, she said, "Captain James, you will never hear me doubt the existence of magic again."

Orson couldn’t help but stare. He knew it was rude, but what else could he do? There was a six inch woman standing there. She looked so normal, too realistic for a doll. He could tell she was glaring at him, so he assumed she had some sort of issue with men. It wouldn’t be that uncommon.

“Yeah, I think any lingering doubts I had are gone as well,” he replied, still looking over to unfortunate but admittedly beautiful woman. “Any idea who she is? And where did she come from?”

Tamra said something in the harsh language she had spoken earlier, and the tiny woman responded in the same language, then settled down, getting comfortable.

"Her name is Brynhild," Tamra began, "And she's speaking in Old Norse. From what I can tell, the earliest version of Old Norse, what the Scandinavians were speaking in the eighth century. I'm guessing, though, because the language itself hasn't been spoken for more than five hundred years. I'm trying to patch together what I know from old Norse manuscripts I studied in University and some of the descendant languages. It's working so far," Tamra added with a shrug.

"As to where she came from, when you told Dr. Dubois she could come back into the laboratory, she invited me to come take a look at the glowing. Safa invited herself," Tamra smiled. "When we walked in, instead of the glowing container, we found Brynhild. For someone who was only six inches high, she wasn't as....well, I know if I found myself nude in a room of people ten times my height, I wouldn't be as calm as she was. Best we did fix up something for her to wear."

"From what I can discern from my conversations, she was full sized, the same as us, at one time. I haven't got a full story of the hows and whys, though," Tamra said.

Orson could only stand, listening to everything she was saying. It was something that felt less like real life and more like a fairy tale. Still, his life had become increasingly crazy in the past few days, so this might just be a natural ascension. “Maybe the wasp actually was Brynhild, and being captured in the jar set her free,” he suggested, though not really sure how possible that was. He didn’t know anything about magic. But then something dawned on him. Something horrifying. “Tamra, Safa, can you find out if that’s the case?”

Tamra and Safa had a short conversation in Safa's musical language, before Tamra turned to Orson. "We'll take Brynhild to the library, talk to her there, while we go through reference material. But if have no objections, Safa wants to conduct a quick experiment involving you."

“Okay,” Orson agreed. It’s not like he had any better ideas. “Just, please do try to figure that part out before we leave. If it is true, we’ll need to visit somewhere else first,” he explained.

Then he remembered what he had discussed earlier with Eddie. That man might have served as an actual help now that he didn’t appear to be a danger. “I think I know the cure for her condition: powdered roc’s egg. It should be on the Lost Continent,” he told Tamra. There was a good chance she already knew that, but best to throw in what he knew.

“As to the experiment, go for it. I trust Safa,” he answered, trying to hide his slight nervousness. He did trust her, but experiments did go wrong at times. How this could go wrong, he chose not to imagine.

Tamra and Safa exchanged an animated conversation before Tamra turned to Orson. "We know the passage that cure is from. And that gives us an avenue to explore. But right now, Safa wants you to give her a hug. Yes, I know it sounds weird, but trust me," Tamra said with emphasis.

Orson looked quizzically at Tamra. He had hugged Safa before, but maybe this was some sort of special circumstance. Regardless, he didn’t need much encouragement to hug a beautiful woman. So he walked up to Safa and wrapped his arms around her, holding her close to him in an almost romantic way. The two were kind of involved now, so a friendly hug wouldn’t have felt right. This? This felt exactly right.

"Kanojo wa kagayaite iru!" Saki said excitedly.

"She's glowing!" Sabrina Dubois said incredulously, pointing at the tiny woman.

Indeed, there was a soft glow coming from the tiny woman on the shelf. Safa broke the hug and patted Orson on the cheek. As soon as the hug was broken, the glow disappeared.

"I'm not sure what that means, and I don't think she does either," Tamra said, gesturing toward the tiny woman. who was looking down at herself. "But I think that gives us somewhere to go."

Orson was only getting more confused as the situation developed. “Alright, I know I probably won’t be able to follow this, but can you explain what happened? Or at least what you think happened? Because there was clearly something expected from that hug,” he explained. He didn’t want to be completely in the dark in regards to this.

Tamra turned to Safa and asked a question. Safa looked thoughtful for a second, and gave a reply.

As the two carried on a conversation, Sabrina said in a soft but amused voice, "Don't you wish everyone could be civilized and speak French?"

Finally, Tamra turned to Orson and said, "Brynhild is acting as a focus to energies, positive and negative. And no, I don't know what that means," Tamra said with a shrug. "Just one more avenue to explore."

When Orson heard Sabrina’s comment, he couldn’t help but smile at her before replying. “Si nous parlions tous le français, il faudrait que tu le supportes,” he said in his understandable but definitely mediocre French. He also wanted to throw in a quick apology for the treatment of her native tongue, but he resisted.

“Well, hopefully you can find some sort of answer. And assure her I mean her no harm. She seems wary of me,” he asked the doctor. “Also, in regards to my earlier question, I was asking because I know you mentioned that there are other wasps like that one in storage at the university. Could all of them be people as well? If so, I’m thinking we send someone to acquire them, just to keep them from being imprisoned in amber forever.” Orson meant it too. That was a cruel fate. If he could save people from that, he would.

"In Paris, mon capitaine, the waiters would never seat you with your French," Sabrina chuckled.

"I don't know if there are other wasps," Tamra said, her brow furrowing. "If there are, there's only one room they'd be in. Unless there are others in the Naturalist department?" she asked Sabrina.

Sabrina shook her head. "When my father and I came to the University, the two tasks I took to hand were to organize the department's storage areas and to revitalize the atrium. I would definitely remember a thousand year old wasp."

Tamra talked to Safa, who thought in silence, then replied. This led to another quick dialogue between Tamra and Safra, which Tamra then translated.

"She says she might be able to answer your question about there being more wasps, and even reverse whatever has been done to Brynhild, but she'll need to get some things out of storage. She says we'll also need some herbs from Sickbay, so we'll need Dr. Motwani and Nurse Costa, and our geologist, Doctor...excuse me, Contesa Dimitriu, will have some minerals and things we could use...if the lore I've read is actually real, which it appears to be..." Tamra looked at the tiny Brynhild "...we can have something set up in the library in half an hour."

Saki chose that moment to chime in.

"Saki wants to know if you still need her here, or if she can relieve Miharu. It's getting close to lunch time," Tamra said with a chuckle.

“I’ve been to Paris. And you’re not wrong,” he joked. He often had to rely on his companion to do the speaking, though that was how he obtained any level of ability with the language.

Orson could only nod at this. He had assembled a team of experts in various fields. They could handle this. He just didn’t like having to wait while they were already on such a short deadline. A potentially dead blackmailer, maybe a murderer, a stalker who could disappear in crowds and now a six inch tall woman had all appeared in the last day.

“Saki, you’re free to relieve Miharu. Though get yourself some food first as well. I don’t want to leave her post unattended before launch,” he told the Japanese girl, knowing Tamra would translate. Then he turned to the rest of the crew.

“I’m canceling the test flight. A lot is going on that gives me a bad feeling. I believe our engineering team is more than capable. Everyone is to assist the Brynhild matter as best they can. Once we’ve got all pressing matters handled and we’re certain there’s nothing left to do, we will be taking off. Tamra, Safa, I trust you to figure this out. Any questions or objections?”

"Meet us in the library in half an hour, Captain, and we'll have something for you," Tamra said. "You should get some lunch."

The intercom to the Laboratory sounded with the voices of the de la Vega twins.

"Captain, could you come..."

"...down to Cargo level? We've...

"...got fantastic news!"

Orson turned to the rest of the women, stifling a laugh. Something about hearing their unique speaking pattern even over the intercom made it even funnier. “Good. I’ll see you in half an hour then,” he told Tamra. He then excused himself and left the room, heading for the cargo level. Hopefully whatever they had didn’t take so long that he couldn’t have lunch. Or fantastic enough he didn’t mind skipping it.

The cargo level was divided into several bays and closets, where supplies and personal belongings could be stored. The twins were standing in front of one of the smaller storage areas, though the single door had been recently replaced with a double door. Along with the twins, were Contesa Dimitriu, Luisa and Lucille "Luna" Van Dijk in the corridor one. The twins and Luna both looked excited. Luisa looked excited too, though she was blushing in the Captain's presence. The Contesa was projecting her normal aristocracy,

"Thank you for joining us, Captain," Contesa Dimitriu said,her Eastern European accent making her sound even more regal. "You are very fortunate to have assembled the level of genius that you have on your airship. Undoubtedly, this is a reflection of your leadership."

The twins grew impatient with the Contesa's introduction and interrupted her. Rather than being insulted, though, the Contesa look amused.

"You're not going to believe it, Captain," Ninah began "But Luna had..."

"...the theory, and Luisa worked the math," Cimonah continued. "And the Contesa knows..."

"...the properties of darnium better than anyone. And we..."

"...provided the power and the carpentry," Cimonah concluded. "Captain, you're not going to believe it!"

When Orson walked in, the first he noticed was Luisa’s blush. He found it odd, not able to remember what he could’ve done to make her nervous around him. But she was shy around men, so maybe that was it. He also chuckled at how the twins were so excited, they hadn’t just continued each others’ sentences, but they even repeated each other. This must be very exciting indeed.

“I appreciate the compliment, Contesa, though I wouldn’t want to do anything to take credit away from your collective genius,” he told her. “So, what’s this world changing development of yours?”

"Bear in mind that this storage area is ten feet in width, fifteen feet in depth, and eight feet in height," the Contesa began, "And there was a limited amount of darnium to work with, as well as other rare elements. Nonetheless, the results we have achieved have been remarkable, if currently unduplicatable. Luisa, if you would do the honors?"

Luisa gave a nervous combination of a bow and a curtsy before opening the doors.

It wasn't obvious what exactly was different about the storage area until the mind realized the impossible had happened. The room inside was much, much larger than it it could possibly be.

"Sixty foot in width, one hundred foot in depth, fifteen foot in height," the Contesa continued. "The rooms only require an initial charge. Even if we had no power left in the ship, the room maintains its dimension. Has no contribution on airship's weight and lift."

"We talked to Mister Tarloff," Ninah began, "And Miss Basta, and..."

"...they've got extra supplies to fill this room," Cimonah continued, "If it's..."

"...okay with you, Captain. Also, you probably noticed..."

"...that Luisa has got the intercom system's automated..."

"...switchboard operating!"

Back
Top Bottom