Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Adventures on the Lost Continent (Midnight Lass x Blood Red Romeo)

“They talked a bit about it downstairs, but I had no idea what was being said. And it’s probably best as a cargo space, considering it also negates weight. Though I can relate to wanting it for your purposes. I wanted it for the fuel tank,” he told her. That’s when Lauren made her declaration. Orson’s head swiveled around, seeing the woman excitedly yelling.

“Or apparently we’ll be done during our meal break,” he said. Without missing a beat, Irsin stood up, abandoning his sandwich. He went to the intercom and called the library. “Dr. Wilson, the emerald has been fully charged with positive emotion energy,” he said aloud, knowing there would be very few times in his life he could seriously say something so silly. “Do you want it brought there, or is there a better place for it?”

"If Miss Basta is with you, she'd probably be the best one to ask, Captain," Tamra answered. "Everything I know on the subject, I've always thought of as folklore and mythology. Miss Basta is the only person on board who would have what you could call practical knowledge about magic."

“Got it,” he said before moving away from the intercom. He moved over to the group of excited women, trying to take control of the situation. “Excuse me. I need Ms. Basta and someone capable of translating,” he announced to everyone. While he had Safa’s permission to use her first name, he chose to use her surname instead. He didn’t want others in the room to think him disrespectful.

"I can do that for you, Captain," Anna and Ayisha said in unison. The two women looked at each other and laughed.

"My apologies, Captain, Dr. Motwani," the Principessa responded. "Obviously Dr. Motwani will know more about what's going on then I do."

"What do you need to tell Miss Basta, Captain?" Ayisha asked.

“I appreciate the offer Principessa,” he told Anna. She also called him Captain. That alone was a benefit and showed that maybe having so many women she knew might be enough to bring her on board. But he didn’t dwell on that as he turned his attention to Safa.

“Ms. Basta, what should we do with the emerald now? Where would it be best to take it?” he asked the magically inclined woman.

Safa said something to Anna in one language first, before answering the translated question to Ayisha in another language.

"She said that she can take it to the library, but it will still take some time to get all the ingredients and items prepared," Ayisha told Orson. "But that she should be able to attempt the reversal spell by tomorrow morning."

"Captain," Anna asked, a look of incredulity on her face, "Am I to understand you actually have a half foot high woman on your airship?"

“Would you please do that? Though make sure you talk to Lauren first about the device it’s in,” he replied. Then he returned his attention to Anna.

“Yes. A mad professor sent a magical wasp to curse one of my crew and blackmail his way on board, but then the wasp transformed into a six-inch woman who we suspect to be from Viking,” he explained. Again, he took joy in the fact that he could explain such a ridiculous situation seriously. “But we charged a emerald with positive energy in order to reverse it.”

Anna's jaw literally dropped at the blase explanation Orson provided. While Ayisha moved over to the table to help coordinate/translate between Lauren and Safa, Anna was still trying to get her jaw to work.

"Highness," Lady Jane Salvin began, trying to soothe her friend, "If it makes you feel any better, I've only become privy to a good deal of this story myself, and I am the...I suppose a good term would be the airship's embedded journalist. I haven't even seen the tiny woman in question."

Sabrina asked Ayisha a question to translate to Safa. Ayisha paused, eyebrow raised, but then nodded. When Ayisha asked the question to Safa, Safa started at the Principessa and nodded.

"The Captain did leave out a few details, Highness," Sabrina began. "Technically, the magical wasp in question didn't actually transform into a wasp. The wasp in question actually vanished before our eyes after Miharu....one of the two women who rescue you by jumping from the airship hundreds of feet in the air, with only a bungee rope attaching them to the airship...had captured it in a specimen jar. It was only after an interim of time that the six inch woman in question appeared in the ship's laboratory. We then use a very large emerald, gifted to us by Contesa Dimitriu..."Sabrina gave a nod to Cristina "...to collect positive emotional energy while sitting in a room whose interior measurements are considerably larger than its exterior measurements, in defiance of the laws of physic, or at least as I have learned them. We exchanged various amount of information, including the size of our brassieres. I wear a 38F, by the way, Captain," Sabrina advised Orson.

"And one final bit of information," Sabrina offered. "The female members of the crew, one and all, are virgins. Miss Basta confirms that you are one too and, since she is the one who devised a manner to collect the emotional energy in the glowing emerald, and has devised a manner to 'unshrink' the tiny woman in question, most of us, if not all of us, are inclined to take her pronouncements at face value. Oh, and if you were to become a member of this crew, you would be required to keep your virginity intact until some undefined moment in the future. A restriction that does not apply to our Captain," Sabrina added, "And to whom we are not necessarilynrequired to surrender our virginity to, at that undefined point in the future."

The information that Sabrina had just shared, and the matter-of-fact manner in which she had shared it, had created more than a few reactions among the gathered women, from amusement to flabbergasted. Lady Jane Salvin for one had found herself speechless, and Anna's wide, bugged out eyes and mouth opening and closing noiselessly made her look like a fish out of water.

Orson nodded. She had explained everything with far more detail than he could’ve. It was also incredibly satisfying to see Anna’s complete confusion. He decided now wasn’t the time to add in the whole assassination and death connection as well.

“She is completely right,” he said. “I also want to repeat that as well. No one on the ship is under any obligations to enter a relationship with anyone, and that includes me. This is an expedition first-and-foremost. No one will be forced into any sort of romantic or sexual relationship.” He wanted it to be unquestionably obvious what he meant. The women had choice. If they wanted him, he’d probably accept them. But if they did not want them, they were free to choose that. No misunderstandings. At least, he hoped there would be none.

“Did I mention this crew began to form less than a week ago?” he jokingly asked Anna. He imagined this was impossible for her to fully understand so quickly. Still, it was fun to watch.

"I....well, that is..." Anna stopped, took a big swallow of glass from the water in front of her, and then shook her head.

"Would it be possible to see this shrunken woman?" Anna asked. "And does she have a name?"

“Her name is Brynhild,” he answered. “As to whether you see her, that’d be determined by Ms. Basta. She’s the one in charge of uncursing her, so she decides who gets to meet her.” Orson meant it. He would use his authority as Captain to back whatever decision she made.

Anticipating the question about to be asked, Ayisha put the question to Safa, who shook her head and said something.

"Safa said not right now," Ayisha translated. "She wants to...well, the word she uses doesn't quite exactly translate as calibrate, but it's close enough...she wants to calibrate some things, and that means keeping the shrun---Brynhild calm. For now, she only wants myself and Lauren in the room. Myself to serve as translator, since I suppose Dr. Wilson will need to get back to the bridge."

The look of disappointment was visible on both Anna's and Jane's face, but they quickly recovered.

"Well, then, if possible, I would like to see this physics defying room you have on board," Anna said.

"Myself as well, Captain," Jane added. "Definitely something others would like to read about."

Orson hesitated. The big room was a pretty massive improvement. He didn’t like the idea of showing a guest something so valuable. But before he could drop some restrictions, he remembered her friends. She wasn’t just some random guy they had picked up. She was nobility that knew about half his crew and was already told about the room. She could get an exception.

“It’s in the cargo hold. I’ll take you two there, if you’d like,” he offered. He could leave the magic is Safa’s hands. For now, he could be their guide.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom