Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Teacher's Pet (Stonetribe x Midnight Lass)

"Let's go to the Lodge first then," Deja said, heading to the large two story room. As the pair made their way across the yard, a lone snowflake floated down behind them.

Abe nodded in agreement, wrapping his arms around himself to stay a little warmer as he followed her out into the courtyard. "How will we be cleaning the Lodge?" He asked as they walked. "It's kind of a big room, so I'd imagine that it'd take a bit longer than the other classrooms."

"We won't need to clean it, just make sure everything is in order," Deja said as she pulled out keys to open the doors to the Lodge. The doors opened up to a foyer, and beyond that a grand banquet hall, at the end of which was a large stone fireplace. On either side of the foyer were doors that opened up to staircases, one leading down to the basement kitchen and supplies, the other to the loft with its preserved bedroom and study.

"Why don't we check out the basement first?" Deja said, then added with a laugh. "You'll have to keep this a secret. Students are supposed to get to see anything but the banquet hall."

"Ah okay then, that doesn't sound too bad." He replied as he followed her inside, relieved that they wouldn't have to do any actual cleaning. He offered to help so he wouldn't complain or anything, but such a big building could definitely take a good while. He had always really liked spending time inside the Lodge though, it's rustic charm had always captivated him. "Oh really? Lucky me then!" He chipped in. "Heh heh, don't worry though I won't tell anyone! Do you think we'll find any ghosts down there? I've heard that their were a lot of old rumors that this building was haunted!" He was joking of course, evident by the bright grin on his face.

"Well, not in the basement, at least," Deja said with a laugh. "It's all relatively new," she added, producing a key to unlock the door to the basement. "I know one of the alumni recently made a donation possible to renovate the whole thing."

Outside, more than a few snowflakes had joined the solitary one that had fallen earlier, and the local weather forecasters were belatedly issuing a blizzard warning.

"Oh really? Hmmm, I don't know how I feel about that.. I've always really loved how rural the Lodge's main room was. If they do try to renovate it, I hope that the ghosts at least put up a fight!" He said, the same silly grin adorning his face. As she opened the basement door, he peeked into the dark staircase leading downwards wondering what the downstairs would look like compared to the banquet hall.

"Just the basement, Abe," Deja answered. "Everything that you've known about the Lodge isn't changing."

The door at the bottom of the stairs opened up to a modern, stainless steel kitchen with the door to a walk-in refrigerator and freezer visible in the back. "Modern convenience for a classic design. Everything that gets cooked here, gets delivered upstairs. Just look around, make sure everything looks in place. I'll check the cooler unit if you check out the pantry over there," she added, gesturing to another door,

Ad outside, the light flurry was becoming a consistent snowfall.

"Oh okay, that's good to know then. Heh I was just about to ask if there were any safety hazards due to the building being so old." He said as he followed her downstairs. In stark contrast to the aged looking banquet all, the kitchen was sleek and shiny in appearance. "Whoa, it feels like we're in a different building entirely!" He nodded and wandered over to the pantry that she pointed out. Examining it's contents, he couldn't really find anything that looked like it wasn't properly put away. As he was looking, his gaze fell upon a shelf of well polished cooking ware. Seeing his reflection in a bowl, he saw that he was still blushing a little, to which he merely smiled at before turning away. Turning away he spoke out to Deja. "Find anything Ms Williams?"

"A freezer and refrigerator stocked better than my own at home," Deja said, rubbing her arms as she stepped out of the freezer. "We should have checked the cafeteria first. Would have done my wounded ego a lot better," she added with a chuckle. "Do I want to know the kind of pasta and tomato sauce they have on the shelves of the pantry?"

Abe giggled a little as she lamented over the difference between stored food. "Well I should hope that the freezer for an entire cafeteria would be better than a single women's own back home. Maybe we should take this chance smuggle some home since nobody's around?" He joked with a giggle. He paused for a moment, thinking about what he said before blushing brighter than before and temporarily. "Ah! I-I didn't mean to assume that you were single and d-didn't have a boyfriend! I-I only meant single as in one person, th-that's all! I err, uh..." he began to scratch the back of his head nervously, feeling look a fool for suddenly blurting stuff out.

"it's not quantity I was lamenting, Abe, it's quality. We'll need to tutor you a little on your comprehension skills," Deja laughed. "But maybe we should see about some smuggling."

Abe's questioning about her dating life was drowned out by the sound of the freezer kicking in as Deja opened the door one last time to make sure she had turned out the freezer light.

"So, let's go check on the dining room, shall we?"

And outside, the snow was getting heavier.

Abe's face flushed red, having misunderstood what she meant AND accidentally clarifying what he himself said in brief bout of panic. Thankfully for him though, she didn't seem to hear that last part due to closing the bulky freezer door at the same time. "Ah uh, y-yeah sure thing..." He said, still feeling quite foolish making awkward mistakes around his crush. "So the same thing as before then? Just look for anything that seems out of place and such?"

Deja looked around at the kitchen and a mischievous smile appeared on her face. "We could make a snack down here and have it upstairs. Even give us a chance to make sure the dumbwaiter is working!"

Abe was about to head up the stairs before Deja suggested that they grab a bit to eat right now, immediately catching his attention. "Oh really?!" He said turning his head, quite clearly excited by such an opportunity. "Eheh yeah definitely! What are you hungry for Ms Williams?"

"Nothing cooked, or anything that will make a mess," Deja laughed. "Why don't you head upstairs, and I'll send something up n the dumbwaiter?"

"Ah, right heh. We don't have all night after all." He chuckled in turn. "Sure thing! I'll meet you up there." He turned away to head back upstairs for real this time. He couldn't help but feel a little disappointed though. He would have absolutely loved to eat a meal cooked by Deja herself. Or even if they just shared dinner together, it would have been just like a date! Oh well, being able to spend time with her like this at all was still enjoyable.

Deja looked around the refrigerator, trying to find something light. A small part of her mind said she should just get the walkthrough done and then get out of here. But another part of her was more than a little resentful that she had been assigned to her present task. And that part wanted to be rebellious. Not much of a rebellion, mind you. But just a little one.

Plus, it felt fun to be a kid doing something she wasn't suppose to be doing. And doing it with Abe made it felt like she was a kid again.

With that in mind, Deja found some crackers and crab dip, along with some sparkling grape juice and plastic cups. With that in mind, she gathered everything together and sent it upstairs to Abe in the dumbwaiter.

Once he was upstairs Abe looked around for a bit, not quite sure where the dumbwaiter actually was at first. As soon as she sent up the food though, he was able to locate it fairly easily due to the distinct sound it made. Abe hurried on over and set the tray on a nearby table. It wasn't a romantic dinner, but sharing a little snack with Deja would be nice too!

"Let's keep it in one little place, so we don't have to clean up a big mess," Deja laughed, as she joined Abe back upstairs. As she sat down, she shivered a little. "They must have the temperature set on the lowest it can be in here. Well, it's not like anyone will be using the Lodge for the next few days." Deja looked at the big stain glass windows lining the dining hall, and noticed motion of some kind out the windows. "What could that be?"

"Heh heh yeah, it'd be bad if we were to leave any evidence behind." He joked, helping himself to some of the crackers and dip. Only when she pointed out how cold it was did Abe realize himself. "Yeah now that you mention it, it is kinda chilly in here. Why would they be setting the thermostat that low at all this time of year." He looked over in the direction that she was, deciding to get up and see for himself. Peering outside the window, he saw how it had suddenly started snowing rather heavily. "Woah! Uh, Ms Williams? You may want to see this..."

Deja looked out the window, her jaw literally dropping open.

She might have remained quiet indefinitely if the heat hadn't kicked in at that moment.

"Somebody set the thermostat, but just high enough to keep the pipes from freezing," Deja observed. Deja pulled her cell phone out and tried to place a call. "Nothing. I guess the towers are overloaded." Deja frowned, thinking.

"Let's head back downstairs," she said. "I saw a radio and a landline in the office down there. "We can find out what's going on, and you can call your parents, let them know where you are and that you're okay."

Abe scratched the back of his head, worried by Deja's suddenly serious tone and expression. "Ah yeah uh, s-sure.." He spoke softly and not in his usual energetic way. Not wanting to seem scared and worry her any more, he did his best to shake off his concerns. He turned around and made his way downstairs with her. "Yikes, how could it snow so much in such a short span of time. Do you think that we might actually be stuck here?"

Last edited:
"Let's not borrow trouble until we have to," Deja said, heading to the small office in the basement kitchen. On top of one of the cabinets was an old portable radio. The phone the desk looked as if it were older than her and Abe combined but, when she picked it up, she was getting a dial tone.

"Call your folks, and let them know you're okay," Deja said, pushing the phone toward Abe, as she turned on radio. The news was grim. The snowstorm had caught everyone by surprise. There was a blizzard warning already in effect, and the announcer was listing road closings, and adding new ones as he went along.

"Ah, right right.." He said cooperatively, taking the phone from her and calling his home number. "Hey mom! Yeah don't worry I'm alright, I'm here with a teacher.." He went on to explain exactly where he was and what his situation was like, as well as doing his best to ease her severe concerns for him. As he did, he listened to the radio relaying the information of the sudden snow storm. It advised everyone to remain indoors for the time being if possible, predicting that they may need to do so for as long as a few days! "Okay, I'll be careful. I love you too mom." He hung up and turned to Deja. "Goodness, when I volunteered to help I never would have thought I'd be trapped here heh." It seemed that although he was a little shocked at first, he was taking to their troubling scenario rather well. "What do you think we should do now Ms Williams?"

"Well, since we're going to be stuck here for awhile," Deja said, "Let's see if we can get into the thermostats and turn up the heat. Right now they're turned up just high enough to keep the pipes from bursting. If we can't do that, we might need to build a fire in the fireplace. We're not going to freeze to death, but I don't want to wander around the building bundled up like an eskimo either," she laughed.

Back
Top Bottom