Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Next stage notes, Conversation Merging, etc.

How are you feeling?

• Drunk.

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • My mum just told me she was a virgin.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Work com-plete.

• Job's done.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY MESSAGES OH GOD!?

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Still in my happy place.

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • My happy place is a half gram of morphine.

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Flowers for MyBB.

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • Stay dead, MyBB.

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • Still want my MyBB.

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • Still terrified of change.

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • I will hunt down every last agent of change and drive them to extinction.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Couldn't you have made a magic solution or something?

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • This place looks expensive. I should click the Patreon link up top and subscribe.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Some Mormons came to my door. I told them I only have room for Xenu in my heart.

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Still have plenty of chickens to sacrifice.

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • I offered myself as sacrifice. Why haven't I been picked up yet?

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • I still haven't found a new feature yet.

• I am switching to chocolate as my sole caffeine source.

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS ISN'T OVER!?

Votes: 41 35.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, will be thinking about what's on offer.

@Flamette well fuck. It looks like close to a thousand didn't convert for you, unless you've been deleting things.

Send me a message and we can try to coordinate something.

I've done some preliminary weeding, I'll do more when I've got more time and real life isn't quite so busy. Thanks for clearing that up! :) One more question then I promise I'll leave you alone and quit bitching, because I actually really do like this PM system better, makes it easier to keep track of things for me. Ahem...

I've got threads with TheCorsair that are 3-4 years old and still alive, and sometimes we plan for way in the future or we like, list backstory and plot points and stuff in chronological order so that we can keep track of everything. Before the conversion I had folders for each thread so that I could keep track of our ideas without having to hunt through all my PMs. I've looked and can't find a folder system like that here. Is there one? Or will we have to start a new conversation thread and just keep track of everything in those?

Is there a way to enable editing for the thread-style PM system? A post can only be edited before your partner replies but not after. Not sure if this is possible but it’d be fantasticcccc

@Madam Mim I'm working on an addon to allow members more ability to organize and search through their conversations. Part of that is going to be either a tag or folder system. Haven't decided which yet, but leaning toward tags.

@DarkMinds we're in strange territory regarding pm editing >_> Ask again after I'm not putting out fires.

Haven't been on in a sec, so the update took me off guard lol. My biggest concern is I had tons of PM RPs sorted and stored in various folders so I could go back and read them later and I have no idea how to access them now or if I can at all.

Haven't been on in a sec, so the update took me off guard lol. My biggest concern is I had tons of PM RPs sorted and stored in various folders so I could go back and read them later and I have no idea how to access them now or if I can at all.

All your PMs should be there - the folder system was removed but messages didn't go with it they just got dropped into your inbox. You may have to sort through stuff though. If you can't find them after going through everything then you should probably message Vekseid.

The Prefixes in the thread titles are forcing themselves on you. If I don't choose a prefix then I get an error message telling me that I -have- to choose a prefix. It's kind of annoying x-x

Love the new update it makes it so much easier to navigate and answer RP's on my only question is with the notifications over the messages and alerts is after you have moved over them if there is a way to make the drop down go away without clicking on the page

Is there a way to search my current convos? Either by title or by participant? Also is there a site clock somewhere? I like to know how far off I am. :)

@Misanthrope The slow way for now. Once I've got my addon working it will be easier. Can make a note to add a 'mark all read' button.

@Rook10 Not on this version. In 2.0 you'll be able to search by recipient and I'll be adding title and other forms of searching.

@Misanthrope You can select all messages then select mark as read from the drop down menu. Or does that not work?

Edit: just tested it and it does work.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to. I've gone through all 35 pages of PMs and while some are now marked as read a few stubborn ones remain.
Well, that sounds like a hiccup in the conversion process. Hopefully it will be fixed with the next update. Still, it should make it easier to get through.

I just had a quick question regarding editing PM's. I do all of my roleplaying through PM and had a number of them going, each with a PM titles OOC to go along with it. I could differentiate them with the old system, but with this one, it was a little harder. I edited most of the OOC titled threads by adding the name of the person I was playing with to it, simple enough.

On two of them, I was not given the option to edit. Can anyone shed any light on why?

Also, just wanted to say thank you to Vekseid for putting in so many hours and hard work in getting this right and trying to make everyone happy. It's greatly appreciated and the new site looks great :)

Oh, I would also like to put in a request for an addon after the 2.0 conversion, -if- it wouldn't be too hard for Vekseid; I too have some similarly-named PM titles to multiple people, and as it stands, if I'm the last poster in all of them, I have to click on each individually to find out who the Conversation is with. Would it be possible to add a feature for participants in a Conversation to be visible right in the Inbox interface?

If that is a lot of work or effort, absolutely focus on more important things, but just thought I'd float the idea just in case it is a simple implementation.

PsionicCuttlefish, I noticed that in converted conversations (aka your conversations from before we switched softwares) don't seem to list all partners, but every conversation I have made or been added to since has listed all of the participants. This shows up both on the actual inbox page, and the little popup interface. Perhaps the problem is that you're using conversations that pre-date the conversion?

PsionicCuttlefish, I noticed that in converted conversations (aka your conversations from before we switched softwares) don't seem to list all partners, but every conversation I have made or been added to since has listed all of the participants. This shows up both on the actual inbox page, and the little popup interface. Perhaps the problem is that you're using conversations that pre-date the conversion?
Ah, that would be it....and oh! Checking now, yes, the participants in my converted Conversations are now visible.

@PsionicCuttlefish I haven't rebuilt conversations yet. I'll be doing so shortly, hopefully.
Thank you for all of your hard work and the incredible amount of things you've done for this place! :)

I have a quick question, what time will the conversion start Monday? Also how long will it about take you think? I know that second one is probably no possible to answer cause all the things you have to do. But just wanted to know. Thanks.

@Jaegerfox I'm planning around 1 AM PST Monday morning (~27 hours from this post).

There are several steps I need to do, each of which will take about an hour.

Back
Top Bottom