Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Next stage notes, Conversation Merging, etc.

How are you feeling?

• Drunk.

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • My mum just told me she was a virgin.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Work com-plete.

• Job's done.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY MESSAGES OH GOD!?

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Still in my happy place.

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • My happy place is a half gram of morphine.

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Flowers for MyBB.

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • Stay dead, MyBB.

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • Still want my MyBB.

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • Still terrified of change.

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • I will hunt down every last agent of change and drive them to extinction.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Couldn't you have made a magic solution or something?

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • This place looks expensive. I should click the Patreon link up top and subscribe.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Some Mormons came to my door. I told them I only have room for Xenu in my heart.

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Still have plenty of chickens to sacrifice.

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • I offered myself as sacrifice. Why haven't I been picked up yet?

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • I still haven't found a new feature yet.

• I am switching to chocolate as my sole caffeine source.

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS ISN'T OVER!?

Votes: 41 35.0%

• Total voters

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
All is ready for 2.0 upgrade. Blue Moon will be down for several hours Monday morning accordingly. There are several things I need to do, so even after we're on 2.0 I won't be able to open the forum immediately.

Feel free to join us on Discord during the downtime.

=========================================

At this point we're fully converted to Xenforo 1.5. We will be moving to Xenforo 2 this coming Monday, after which we will begin implementing various extensions.

=========================================

Stuff for you to do.

1) There are some oddities especially with drafts and moderated messages. Many got sent/posted. Feel free to report any offending posts that should be removed (that you can't take care of yourself). If you have any awkward drafts that got sent, well, that's on you.

2) Please also report any posts with fucking Photobucket images.

3) After we move to 2.0 I will be disabling embedding non-https images. I will be blanking any signatures and about statements that include non-https images accordingly.

4) I apparently missed the follower system so didn't end up converting buddies to it. Apologies. If you follow me I will try to make sure to announce important stuff regarding BMR through my status line there.

5) If one of your PM drafts didn't get converted (if you didn't put anything in the sender field), or need to recover something from your personal notepad, send me tribute and I will get it sorted.

6) Some of you want to merge your old (<= 553204) conversations with a person. I will handle one such request per person. Send me tribute and include the other recipient so I know you both want this to happen. I'll explain your options then.

I will only be doing the above for the next few days. I have other things to be doing too. Once we're on XF 2.0 I will probably not continue doing the above.

7) If you have issues or questions, please post them to this thread so other members can see them asked, answered, and addressed as needed.

8) If you are having login issues you can of course reach me through the contact form here or via Discord (Vekseid
#2465). Note, I only handle requests the rest of staff cannot help you with.

9) Since we're finally getting settled, if you have suggestions for thread prefix layouts for various forums, feel free to make them here so we can start building the site out. : )

10) I wrote some very basic redirect scripts for the old forum. It's probably missing something important. If you see a link that gets inappropriately redirected, poke me about it and I can adjust the scripts as needed.

===========================================================

Thank you for your patience, everyone.

The 2.0 upgrade will not be nearly so disruptive, but there are a lot of other random things I need to do with it (compress posts, convert to real utf8, etc) that may mean it is down for a few periods.

Thank you everyone who is supporting us on Patreon

Last edited:
Everyone wants to know what's happening after it happens.

People were still surprised by this. >_>

I understood that. Keeping everyone informed is a good thing and using Status/Following as a means for that is just another reason I'm so very excited about these changes. I was just trying to be silly. </3

About custom titles, I was able to customize it earlier into the conversion but it seems I don't have that option anymore. I'm curious if regular members will be able to edit it again after everything is settled and converted or if it'll only be reserved for staff and supporters moving forward.

Lost a lot of roleplays that were active.
Bummer. Have to figure things out. Hopefully this next conversion I dont lose any.

@PhantomZAngel what are you missing? I've verified that all your threads were imported.

The user merging may have caused some things to glom, though.

@Gypsy it's something I've been considering for some cosmetic stuff now that integrating Patreon is an option. I get quite a number of people who say 'well I don't get anything for it'.

So far I am thinking of 3 off the top of my head. I had 8 active roleplays. Perhaps they merged with an OOC chat so I deleted it thinking it was not the RP. It's the only thing I can think of right now.

I'm liking the new layout so far. But before the conversion I tried to get ahead of the curve by going through my 3,000+ messages (inbox, sent, tracking, everything) abs weeded through them. After that was done I emptied the trash. Post-conversion it looks like they've all been resurrected?? Now that everything's been condensed it shouldn't take another 11 hours to go through them, but will I really have to go through them again?? Or can I wait until the 2.0 upgrade for the zombie conversations to go away?

@PhantomZAngel I see all your threads converted, so this would be in conversations? Could you send me a message with the names of people you are missing roleplays with?

@Madam Mim I should have warned people about that >_> Though you weren't the only one and on average people only have had half of their deleted PMs resurrected. They won't delete themselves from now on though I could make it easier.

@katisacat You can filter by sender or recipient. I'm working on an addon to let you also filter by title, tag, start date, etc.

I have a question about roleplay threads, are they still there and we only have to subscribe to them again? I'm talking about ones we were already subscribed to before the conversion to Xenforo happened.

You should still be subscribed (although Xenforo calls it watching a thread) to the same ones you were before. You should be able to find them at the top, under Forums, in the Watched Threads section.

Back on GP they used a member tag [@ member] to alert the entire memberbase for whatever thread that they need to read.
Maybe you can use that instead of the follower system?
It should give you a notification that let's people know to visit a thread where your announcements and blah blah are at.

That's an addon and I'm saving those for 2.0.

Also, there is no telling what and when people will pay attention to anything >_>

lol, well that's on them then if they are ignoring site updates/rule updates etc... It weeds out the bad apples then. :p

The conversations seem kinda JavaScript heavy and when there are a dozen or so messages the page hangs during a load. Is there an option that I can change this?

If it gives you some trouble you could go through [your name] -> conversations next to it. Or is the trouble during the page loading and not on mouse over?

@ImaginationGoneWild I get messages from people asking me if I have a Patreon. so. Sometimes people just miss things.

@newbalogna If it takes a long time to load once then is fast after, it's because it needed to load it into memory from disk (can take days to prime properly). If that isn't what is going on, and it continues after 2.0, I can investigate.

@Vekseid I think it is a JavaScript thing only because the page stops scrolling, and the buttons no longer are interactive during the hang

I've noticed that I can't change my little title underneath my avatar anymore. That option is gone in the profile settings >.>

I LOVE THIS!

I am so into this conversion, I think it's fantastic. <3 Not that the old BMR wasn't user friendly but something in my brain is just way in-tune to this new set up.

Back
Top Bottom