Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

At the Hotel of the King (Arlin Nethercott and LunarWolf)

"I don't eat lunch and I was just gonna have some ramen for dinner plus there is no need to treat me to dinner" Rose looked up when the computer pinged and then sent off a small bell. Rose got up and walked over and with a few clicks assigned a VIP to the room they requested and sent them a confirmation letter so that they knew they had the room. Rose then tapped in to the normal system and started assigning rooms to the reservations that had come in while she was on break

"It's not important if you think there's no reason to treat you, what's important is that I think there is. It's not me trying to take you on a date honestly I won't even be there it's just buying you a meal to welcome you to the hotel and as a thank you for already helping out so much. I'm not your dad, but you should eat better than skipping lunch and going straight to ramen for dinner." King says with a serious tone as he looks over some papers. Heading towards the elevator he adds, "Just tell me your order or where you want to go and it'll be done. I got to go take care of things but have my phone if you need anything."

"I'll be fine so don't worry" Rose didn't like that he was being insistent on treating her to a meal. being alone meant she had learn how to take care of herself at a young age and no one had ever tried to stop her. once he had left Rose relaxed a little as there was something about being around him that put her on edge and made her very nervous and on edge

Charles laughed to himself as he went up to one of the VIP rooms chatting with a criminal buddy. There was something about the girl's attitude that he absolutely loved and hated at the same time. It made him want to see her mess up so he could punish her. One thing she probably hadn't learn is that King was very strict and extreme about his punishments. Especially to the females, he was a pervert and some of the more 'trained' staff members ended up working on the criminal floors to be used by the shady patrons.

Right now one was there with the guest, so King joined in double teaming her hard. King leaves the girl a quivering whimpering mess on the floor by the time he finally unloads in her. With a laugh he orders the girl to clean up and head downstairs for work and to spy on Rose a bit. He heads back to his office while the girl heads down to clock in and introduce herself to the new receptionist.

Rose was on the phone with a guest when she arrived at the desk. Rose was walking the elderly lady through the online reservation system since she didn't like giving out her card information to a person directly. Rose understood the woman fear of being robbed and was more then happy to help her reserve a room for herself for her grandsons graduation.

The timid girl doesn't bother Rose directly acting more like a bell hop than a receptionist. She could help people check in if Rose was busy but mostly liked to stay out of the way and help show people to their rooms. Mostly she stays quiet, but stays close to the front desk keeping an eye on the new employee trying to learn everything she can as ordered. Eventually part way through the shift a police officer shows up and she gets a little nervous excusing herself to go fax something. Peeking out from the back to see what happens next.

The officer waits for Rose to be free before coming up and introducing himself as Officer Lewis. A charming handsome man he flirts a little with her then starts to ask about a guest on the VIP list staying hidden in one of the upper floors. He was trying to dig up some info about if the guest was here and if so what room they were in. Of course that was against the rules because privacy is very important in the hotel especially in the VIP suites. What she didn't know is that this was a test, the cops detected a new person and were trying to see if they could get an in and of course the other girl was listening and watchin.

Rose looked at him slightly annoyed and then looked him dead in the face "unless you have a warrant for our records of our VIP guests I am not at liberty to reveal who our VIP's are and if you do come back with one I will be more then happy to call up to my boss and hav e him come down and speak with you unless of course you would like to speak with him now" Rose even picked up the phone ready to hit the speed dial number for him. Rose had a smile on her face the whole time she was speaking to him

The quiet girl in the background gave a small soundless clap happy with the response. She was stressed out by the thought of having to turn in the more confident girl. The officer on the other hand almost instantly starts to sweat and shirks back his smile rapidly draining as he shakes his head. "N-no need to do that right now was more a passing interest cause he was an old friend and I thought he might be around. Don't need to bother your boss." He very quickly leaves the hotel very not happened with how that went down.

Rose set the receiver back down and then shot a message up to her boss letting him know that a cop had been inquiring about a VIP guest and had been asking for a list of their VIP'S. she also included that when denied he had hurried out of the building. Rose frowned a little as she thought about what happened and then shook it off and got back to work greeting all of the guests who arrived

"You handled that excellently, and thank you for letting me know about it. We aren't trying to be hostile to the police, but we do get some very important guests and you can't be too careful when it comes to their security. Sounds a little fishy with his reactions, if that officer comes back and causes more trouble let me know right away." King calmly replies. Grinning wide he chuckles when it's all over, he wasn't expecting the police to try and pounce on his new hire so fast, but so far she was doing perfect. Annoyingly perfect he needed to figure out how to get her to break a rule. Taking a drink he starts to think it over and deciding setting up a trap on her first day was too much for now he would gather info to see what he could learn.

Rose let out a small sigh and then when she was sure no one was looking she rubbed her face, this encounter brought back many memories and some of them were more painful then others while other brought a smile to her face. if anyone dug deep enough they would find out her history or at least her families history and their deaths. Rose looked over the computer once more and then smiled at the mail man when he came in carrying the mail. since she had no guests currently up from she went to the tube that would take all of the owners mail right up to him and sent them up.

He mused on her a bit before her name finally rang a bell. Doing some searching online he quickly confirms his suspicions and gave a sigh. The hotel incident was one of the biggest and most brutal incidents in his carrier. King was a younger man at the time still trying to make a name for himself in the mob. It was supposed to be a simple job but it ended with the hotel up in flames and several people died. Before he could think too much about it the tube with his mail. He quickly glances over it while his spy girl to give her glowing report of Rose's current behavior.

Rose settled in one of the chairs and leaned back resting a little letting the pain currently coursing through her feet seep out of them so that she could take several deep breaths before she stood back up and answered the phone when it rang.

King briefly felt bad for his part in her tragic past, but quickly shrugged it off. Somehow knowing that she had been through all that and was still practically perfect, made the mobster want to see her mess up more than ever. Once it was nearing the end of her shift he gets back downstairs and circles around the desk to get a quick whispered update from his spy, giving her a pat on the ass before she goes on her way. Walking up behind Rose he chuckles and asks, "So did you decide what you wanted for dinner?"

"I told you I am fine having ramen" Rose kept her calm since yelling at her boss or even getting pissy with him could cause her some major problems. not many places hired people fresh from school let alone allowed you to live in the hotel and pay only a small amount for power. Rose knew having this job would help her in the long run as well as she would be able to save up the money to buy her own home.

He folds his arms and shakes his head blocking the exit as he stubbornly insists, "It's traditional for me to treat a new employee on their first day and i'm not going to break it now. Besides if ramen is really your plan you must be pretty out of groceries." King treated his employees better than most but that's because he had to put them into more dangerous situations with the criminals upstairs and also it helped keep them loyal and trapped there should he decide to start 'training' one. Tapping his foot impatiently he asks, "So what will it be, dinner or did you want me to have a bunch of groceries delivered to your apartment?"

Rose sighed and after quickly checking to make sure no customers were there to see her she hauled herself up and over the front desk exposing a burn on the back of her leg that ran from the back of her knee to up and around to her hip. Rose had been burned in the fire the thad taken her parents. with a shake of her head she looked at him "I don't need nor want it so save it for someone else" with that she headed off to head up to her room after having already clocked out for the day

Getting a good look at the burn he shakes his head, she was lucky for sure considering she was the sole survivor of the fire. Apparently she had a fire in her heart though. Laughing he walked out of the office having someone make a run to the store to get a bunch of groceries. Heading back up to his office he turns on the camera feeds to watch her in her apt and to see how she reacts. He has the groceries delivered to her and left in the hallway with a note that says, "Since you didn't decide I did. Get this mess out of the hall and learn to accept a little kindness Rose. Lucky for you I care more about how good a job you do with the customers than your attitude towards me."

when rose opened the door and saw the food sitting there she growled and after bringing them in to the room she shoved it all in a trash bag and left it sitting by her door. Rose would take it out in the morning. she then walked over to her clothes and putted out a tank top and pair of shorts and changed out of her work uniform. of all the burns she had he would see the ones on her back were pale and well healed while the one on her leg was still red and irritated looking. the nerves in that burn were still highly sensitized and if he was paying close attention he would realize based nohow she moved that this would be his way in to punish her as she favored that leg to avoid more pain

Watching her throw away the groceries made him mad, but it also made him laugh. She had more attitude than anyone on his staff ever had and it was going to be fascinating to see how things go. Standing up he wipes away the laugh tears from his eyes before watching closely as she strips down and changes. The burns were extensive but it didn't take long to see how she favored one leg and the burn was pretty obviously still irritable. He saw the chink in armor and throwing out all the food was a good excuse enough to punish her first thing in the morning, well that and her attitude.

while he was watching her his phone rang. he previous boss was calling him he had heard the Rose was in his town and was now working for him. the older male had been taking care of Rose behind the scenes and he wanted him to be aware of some things about Rose mainly to avoid issues that could cause problems for him later on.

King was pretty entranced with spying on his newest employee but snapped out of it when he heart the phone. Shaking his head he greets the older man and when he hears mention of Rose his ears perk up and he starts to pay very close attention. He could tell this guy had a soft spot for the young receptionist and was trying to give her the best leg up. In particular King asks, "Well I did notice some burns on her is there anything I need to know or do to help make things easier for her? She's smart and capable from what I've seen so far but I want to give her the opportunity to thrive here. Also if you a gift I could get for her or gesture I could do for her, I'd appreciate it. I want to sort of smooth over the rough spot we had during the interview. Honestly anything you have to tell me I'm all ears"

"ahhhhh yes the burns on her body the ones on her back healed really well but the on that runs form her hip to the back of her knee for some reason didn't heal right and it is really sensitive and if touched can cause her pain she has a creamed spray that numbs the burn so she can work but it does wear off and knowing you like I do my boy if you are planning something catch her after it has worn off it makes her a little more well how should I put this, lets just say if you use it expect one of two reactions a slap to the face or her freezing in place because of pain. now as for a gift good luck with that one I had to do everything behind her back she is fiercely independent and will more then likely throw it back in your face"

"Heh you know me. I can take a slap. I'll take my chances and see if I can figure something out. Gotta admit I love that fiery spirit of hers, but I appreciate the advice and I'll be more subtle about helping her out. It's funny how stubborn young people can be sometimes. I appreciate the call and the information. I'm sure she'll do fine here." King says with a chuckle as he hangs up the phone. It was good info for sure, really just confirming what he thought might happen. He was torn for which reaction he'd like better. The only thing he needed to do now was to wait. Once she was at work again he broke into her place again and slipped a few small bills in her jacket pockets or in a drawer here and there not large enough to arouse suspicion but enough to add up when she found them over time.

Once he was done there the mobster just needed to wait to see how her second day went. Once again around time for her shift to end he was there to check on her, "Well Rose how did your second day go?"

at the end of her second day Rose looked at him when he came up and gave a slight nod of her head "it went fine no big ups and the system did most of the work as we weren't to busy" Rose wanted to get to her room as the cream she had used to numb her burn had worn off and she was feeling the pain from it rubbing on her work skirt all day long. Rose was doing her best not to be rude or pissy since there was no need for her to take out her pain on him.

Back
Top Bottom