Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Key To Closing (Tag: Lord Dakol)

TheyDontKnowIBurn

Supernova
Name: Isabelle Rosender
Age: 17 for the first couple of minutes, then 18 the rest of the time.
Appearance:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn30">http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn30</a><!-- m --> ... /13b-1.jpg

A Friday night. How quiet it was. The only think keeping Iz from the total silence was the tick tick ticking of the clock on her wall. 11:55 p.m. Just five minutes till the clock stuck twelve, and her birthday was upon her. Yes, she had been born at 12 am exactly. Almost 18 years ago.

Something about the night seemed to disturb her. A sinking feeling in her stomach. An anxiety that refused to stop. Something felt off. But she could quite name what. Calm down, girl... She told herself. It's just a day. Just an ordinary birthday, just like the last one. But little did she know that ordinary was the last word she'd be using in 5 minutes time.

She heard a strange, almost animalistic cry, that was startlingly close. Then rustling outside. She jumped from her, quickly rushing to see where it had come from. 11:58. Just two minutes till her whole world would change.

Name: Dirune Hadleigh
RED_by_Budiana.jpg

Dirune gasped, his eyes snapping open as he sat up in his bed. His flaming red hair stuck to his brow as the sweat dripped down. He had never sweated this much before; why? He seemed to have a nightmare. Getting out of the cot, he quickly walked to his closet and slipped on a new pair of clothes. A long crimson red jacket to cover his skin; he knew the similarity to his hair and clothes were striking, but he thought they went quite well together. Practically hopping into a new pair black pants and shoes, he rushed out the door as he felt a dread swell up inside him. Something bad was going to happen, and he had to help somehow.

Rustling. More rustling. Footsteps. They were much too heavy to be human. Iz was getting more and more frightened by the moment. She lightly padded down the hall to investigate, all the while her heart hammered with uncertainty. Did she want to know what was out there? Probably not. But would she check anyway? Yes. She continued down the long hall, but was stopped midstep by a loud crashing, and the tinkling of glass shards as they hit hardwood floors.

Iz dropped the stealth walk, opting instead for a panicked run. The sounds had come from the livingroom, where the hug pannel window was. She made it to the room, only to find a scene most terrifying and totally surreal.

Standing there amidst the shattered glass were two cow sized canine looking monsters. Both were black as night, bulky, snarling, and completely terrifying. They had brilliant, piercing crimson eyes which seemed to tear through her. Their jaws were fully equipped with vicious looking teeth, sharp, and glistening with drool and what looked like blood. They each had four whiplike tails.

She uttered a little cry of surprise, despite her attempt to hold it off. This alerted the fearsome beasts to her presence. Snarls, and blood thirsty howls tore from the back of their throats. She didn't wait around to see what would happen next. Iz ran, terrified. They began to chase. She ran out the door, with them closing in behind her, and into the streets. To her horror, all around her were monsters. 12:08 am. She screamed, fearing that she would not see another morning, and continued to run.

More of the dread filled him as Dirune ran outside, shifting his jacket to cover more of his skin. Then he heard it; loud snarls and an almost ear-piercing scream. Spinning around, he dashed down the sidewalk and clenched his fists. This is probably what his father and grandfather trained him for.

"Come on, dammit!" he muttered. He couldn't pinpoint the sounds at all, even the scream didn't help. But, he ran down the road anyway at a very fast pace. Suddenly, Dirune stopped a few feet in front of a girl and stopped her. "Are you okay?" he asked her worriedly.

She saw him and ran for him, desperate for some sort of safety. She was visably shaking and terrified. She stopped before him. "Please help me..." She pleaded. The dogs were closing in on her position. They were visable from where the two were standing now. "Monsters... They're after me..." She whimpered. By this point she was covered in nicks and cuts from a few too many close calls with all the monsters that prowled.

Dirune looked at her cuts and bruises, then the...demonic monsters. On no. "It's all right. Everything is going to be fine." he reassured her, looking into her eyes with a swift nod. Stepping around her, he fished inside his jacket to find a pair of leather gloves. Fastening them on, he looked at the beasts and waited for an attack. "Let's go." he said with a growl.

Iz would have given a sigh of relief, but now she was worried about him. He was just a human, right? Could he really handle this? She didn't know for sure, but all she could do was hope.

One of the large canines lunged at him, snarling and howling. It seemed pleased with the prospect of a larger meal.

Dirune slowly rolled his eyes as he stepped forward and launched his right hand at the beast. Suddenly, the space around his fist began denser just before the hit connected. The wolf was killed brutally as his hand was covered in black blood. "Heh, easy." he muttered, then looked at the other one and launched a side kick at its head.​

Her jaw dropped. So much for just human. Suddenly she felt weak in the knees. She felt herself wobble a bit before her knees gave and she landed on her butt. Her eyes were wide with disbelief. In the course of just one night, her whole world and everything she had ever known was crumbling around her. She just watched, awestruck, as he easily dispatched the enemies at hand.

After the two dogs were destroyed, the other monsters backed off, not particularly wanting to meet the same ends.

Dirune spun around and looked at the girl. "You all right?" he asked worriedly before relaxing his stance and walking over. Extending his hand to her, the boy smiled warmly.​

Iz bit her lip lightly, trying to find her voice. She was all sorts of things right now. Scared. Confused. Upset. It was a little more than overwhelming. "I... I'm okay... I think..." She managed, albeit quietly. She took his and and pulled herself up. She still felt shaky. "Why is this happening...?" She asked, visibly shaken. "This is all a dream, or something, right?"

Chuckling, Dirune looked around. "Whatever you say." he said with a smile, not letting go of her hand.

"Come on, we should find someplace to hide until this blows over." he told her.​

She blinked. "Uhm, yeah... Okay..." She said with an eager nod. "By the way, who are you?" She said, looking him up and down. She didn't know him, and she didn't think he knew her. So where had he come from, and how was he so powerful? "And what do you know about all of this?" She added.

Dirune then pulled her along, running down the sidewalk and making sure his aura was strong enough to make sure nothing attacked them at the moment. "I'm Dirune. You?" he asked.

"Nothing much, though the monsters seem to be here because of some portal or something." he explained.​

She let him pull her along, only half paying attention to where they were going. "I'm Isabelle." She said as she ran behind him. "Thanks for saving me... Ending up as dog chow for some very sick puppies wasn't exactly my idea of a fun birthday." She said, frowning.

"Nice to meet you Isabelle. Well, if it were under better circumstances." Dirune replied before glancing at her. "Your...birthday?" he asked, not believing it.​

"Yes." She said. "My birthday. 12 am this morning, I turned 18, and go figure, this is the gift I get. Attack of the mutant puppies, and other evil monsters... I think someone out there is out to get me. Not sure what I did to deserve this..." She said flatly.

They soon came upon a small burned out apartment, where he smashed in the door and walked in with her. Everything, from the floor to the ceiling, was pitch black. "Come on, there's a room here where they won't be able to sense us." he told her, truly forgetting the part where the "room" was actually a tight cupboard, where, if they entered, would there be barely any space between them.​

Walking down the stairs to the basement, he looked at the small space and remembered. "Oh crap." he muttered spitefully, looking at her. "I'm sorry, I totally forgot."

She looked at him. "Are we safe from the monsters in there? Cuz if we are, I really don't care if it's a cardboard box." She said with a sigh. She would much rather be in a tight spot than in a monster's gut.

Dirune raised his eyebrow and nodded, "Ladies first." he said, stepping out of her way. Once she entered, he followed and almost squeezed in next to her. Looking down, he sighed and clenched his fists repeatedly, wanting something to do badly.

Dirune looked at Isabelle, and flinched as they were unexpectedly close. "No...it's just I don't like waiting." he replied, looking pouty for a second.

With them so cramped it was stiflingly hot and stuffy. "Yeah... Not a big waiting fan either..." She said. "So, uhmmm... How long do you think we'll be here?" She asked, curious as to the full extent of there predicament.

Back
Top Bottom