Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Mythic Pathfinder Battle Harem: Thirteen Keys) OOC and Peace Tea Cooler

If rhey managed to get weapons out before the fight, shouldn't Nissa and/or Trish claim attack of opportunity on that gargoyle's grapple?

Do I need to state Lea will be reloading for next shot as soon as she is done?

@LeaT, no.

Normally a crossbow uses one of your two action in combat to reload and would need to be called out explicitly. However, Lea has the Rapid Reload feat. This reduces the time to reload your crossbow to a free action; you can load it as fast as you can pull the trigger, quickly enough that it costs you nothing in game-time and doesn't need to be called out.

If rhey managed to get weapons out before the fight, shouldn't Nissa and/or Trish claim attack of opportunity on that gargoyle's grapple?

The gargoyles acted before their move on their first round of combat, so no. They were flat footed and couldn't make attacks of opportunity. Trish also didn't have her dexterity bonus to her combat maneuver defense. :)

LeaT, if Lea weren't sucessfully hiding, she could still get sneak attack this round by firing on a gargoyle who hadn't acted yet . Do you want us to roll the crossbow attack for you? If so, myself or Logan?

Lea's sole thought will be protecting Martin so she will target the gargoyle closest despite overall advantage.

Being 3 stories up and it doesn't seem that the gargoyles flew in, I think it is reasonable to think she has a good chance at being hidden. I'll roll for hiding and roll for attack.

18 for hiding:)

5 for attack:mad:

For future reference, I have no objection to either of you rolling for me if I fail to do so. Thank you so much for being patient with me.

Given that you have 1 +10 to hit with that attack LeaT, I'm guessing you gave me those numbers unmodified. :)

5 + 10 (Attack modifier for crossbow) + 1 (Point blank shot bonus) = 16 to hit. Your crossbow bolt connects. I rolled damage for you, including 2d6 sneak attack. you inflicted 14.
I wonder if I overpowered this encounter. Yesterday I was looking it over and was overcome with a terrible dread that none of you would have magic weapons!

Quick note, Lea can fire twice since she didnt move anywhere since she has the rapid shot feat. There are lots of ways to gain multiple attacks, but the rule is almost always that if you move you attack once, if you are still or only move five feet you can attack multiple times.

All attacks happen on the characters turn, so Leas second shot should have happened on her turn as well.

There are feats that would let Iseldra try to intercept an attack, but right now she doesn't have any of them. Right now though she can attack twice, once with each weapon, since she starts her turn in melee range of the gargoyle

Iseldra's goal will be to protect Martin, if she can reposition to prevent the gargoyles attack she will sacrifice her second attack to do so.

Considering how close we all were, you could probably move between or close to us with a 5-ft step, which would still let you use both attacks.

That seems reasonable but I am good with whatever Tenshi decides. I'm just trying to be clear that it would be more important to both my characters at this point to protect Martin than much of any other consideration, particularly trying to save the other girls. We can see what sort of dynamic develops between them as we play but at this point each of my girls would see the others as rivals. Even if they don't really understand why, just yet.

Lea, you technically need to roll once more for your wolf's attack. The way it works is

1 - Wolf makes an attack roll. (For best results, the wolf should try to move and be on the opposite side of the target Iseldra is fighting; this gives +2 flanking bonus to attacks.
2 - If the Wolf successfully hits the target, he makes a trip attempt and rolls another d20.

I thought from the pictures at least some of them were female.

So are we still playing?

Of course we're still playing!

(That last post was from my phone. the last line should be, "Generic female gargoyle." As in, I've edited reality so that one of the four gargoyles is actually female--but a generic gargoyle, not one of the two depicted--so that the move can be kept.)

:) Those gargoyle's aren't present at this battle. (Specifically because their brighter colored skin doesn't allow them to hide as well as normal gargoyles."

By the way, LeaT, when i put up a spoiler that says, "Tagging," that's to tell everyone who's turn it is. As in, "Tag, you're it."

I'm glad you liked the idea. I noticed that you, apparently accidentally used she instead of he for one of the gargoyles and just ran with it.

Good morning to you Sir! I look forward to continuing to my next Tag:geek:

:) Me too! Sorry if I don't get to it today. There's a few other places I'm behind too. If i don't get to it today I'll shoot for tomorrow!

I have an outpatient surgery wensday. i don't think it will hold me back for posting very long.

Back
Top Bottom