Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

"I've been known to have a short fuse when I'm drunk. But I also lose my filter when drunk so therefore I make comments that make other people want to fight me. And the younger, arrogant version of myself would egg them on and make it worse." He rolled his eyes at the thought of his younger self.

He smiled and nodded. "I like that idea. A new year resolution. More mama and papa time." His eyebrows wiggled. "Who the hell do you think you are calling old man?!" He raised an eyebrow. "I could run circles around you and you know it."

"Yeah I do." He teased and then got dressed, putting his boxer briefs on and jeans. "Are we matching or should I wear something else?" He asked looking through his bag and grabbing a couple long sleeve t-shirts. "How about one of these?"

“And what about the older, arrogant version of yourself?” She asked teasingly. She was a little worried that alcohol and his nightmares wouldn’t mix but she’d keep an eye on it. If he started getting out of hand they’d come back to the room and sleep it off.

She laughed, “Okay. So you fit and spry in your old age. I can stay up and chase Owen longer.” She told him. “Beat that.” She stuck her tongue out at him.

She walked into the bedroom and looked at what he was pulling out. “I have a pink long sleeve. Do you have one of those?” She asked. She looked through her suitcase and pulled out the pink Henley long sleeve. She kept digging and found a designer sweater and tossed it on the bed. Next came fleece lined leggings and a pair of jeans.

“I don’t know if I can wear jeans over leggings. Might be too bulky. But I’ll try. And I have a knit cap somewhere.” She frowned at her bag and looked at Jake.

“How’s that?”

Jake mocked her teasing him and even made a face before sticking his tongue out at her. But truth was he was a little worried about the nightmares too. It was bad timing. He'd rather it had happened when they were at home and closer to a therapist.

He narrowed his eyes at her but with a look that it didn't mean much that she chased Owen longer. "You do my workout routine and see if you can still chase him..." He smiled.

Jake just looked at her and blinked. "Do I have a pink shirt? No...do I look like I have one or that I'd pack it if I did?" He raised an eyebrow.

He decided on a long sleeve shirt. It was rare he was cold so he figured he'd be fine. Plus drinking made him hot. "That looks good babe. Anything on you looks good though." He kissed her cheek before sitting down to get his boots on.

“Oh please. I work out just as hard as you. You don’t get a body like this by laying around.” She opened her robe to prove a point and closed it back up. “Okay maybe not as hard as you but I work out too.” She corrected. “But I have given it all up. I’ve had too much fun this holiday season. I don’t want to go back to working around five times a week and watching my diet.” She pouted. “I’m going to eat what I want and get fat. Maybe I should wait until after we are married to let myself go.” She thought about it and shrugged her shoulder.

“You didn’t pack a pink shirt?! I told you to pack the pink one!” She argued and then broke into a smile. “You need a pink shirt.” She held her shirt up to his chest and tilted her head, “A light pink I think. You’re a little too pale for this shade. It drowns you out.” She patted his butt and went to the bathroom.

She dried her hair and kept her make up simple with eyeliner and lipstick. She went to the bedroom and tried to wear the leggings under the jeans but it didn’t look right so she put on some knee high socks with jeans over those to kind of give her two layers. She put her shirt and sweater on. Last was the boots and hat and she was ready.

“oh!” She reached into her duffel bag and pulled out three hot packs. She smiled at Jake and wiggled them in his face. “I’ll take these too. If I get too cold I’ll be nicer and toasty. And you can put your hands in my pockets if you get too cold.”

She was right and he knew it. She did work hard for her body and also run around to keep up with Owen. When she dropped the towel, he definitely checked her out. "No, I suppose you don't get that sexy just laying around. I'll give you that." He smiled and shrugged. "You're not giving it all up and you know it. You love your job. You love what you do and you're a damn natural at it." He gave her a look. "You're being dramatic, but you know I love you no matter what. But I refuse to let you get entirely unhealthy. Remember before you come at me...I said unhealthy..."

Jake gave her a playful annoyed look. "You did no such thing. I have no pink shirt. I have shirts with pink them but that's it. If it's not my color, it's not my color. Sorry." He shrugged.

"Where did you get heat packets?" He asked confused. "I think I'll be okay. But I appreciate you looking out for me." He grabbed his jacket and his beanie putting both on and checking himself in the mirror. "How do I look babe?"

"Let's go. I'm getting hungry!"

“Dramatic? Me! Never. No. I’m being realistic. No more watching what I eat and working out two times a day. I’m going to eat everything and watch TV.” She smiled. “The simple life. And you can be my enabler and I will get up to 600 pounds and then realize I have a problem when I’m bed bound and then we can go in My 600lb Life and be famous!” She laughed. “No? You don’t like that plan? I worked really hard on it.” She pouted.

“We were in the snow covered mountains. I had one of these in my jacket every time we played on the snow. Except that one time I took pictures in a bikini.” She told him. “Like I would willingly be out there freezing my ass off without some back up warmth. And you were usually against me.” She huffed faking annoyance. She put on in her pocket but didn’t pop it yet.

“You look good. Your look better in pink though.” She teased and kissed his cheek. “Picture?” She asked and wiggled her phone. She cuddled up to him and took a few pictures for the Gram and to send to her mom, then they could leave.

“Not too hungry I hope. It’s time for some shopping!” She smacked his butt as he walked out the door. She made sure it locked behind them and walked with him to the elevator. “You look good in your hat, with the stubble. Like a...sexy wannabe mountain man.” She giggled and scratched his cheek.

Jake gave her a look. "But your future husband will be watching what he eats because he still is going to beat the enemy in the cage. So I'm going to need veggies and protein." He shrugged. "I won't enable you. There is a difference of you gaining weight and being health and you being unhealthy. I can't promote an unhealthy lifestyle. Sorry. And woman...you're marrying a UFC champion, you're already famous." He smiled and kissed her nose. "Baby you were in Sports Illustrated and Victoria Secret. I hate knowing this, but it's true, you're up in dudes garages, bedrooms, game rooms, etc. But I get the real thing." He nipped at her neck with a smile.

He shook his head but smiled. "At least my girl is resourceful. Next time my hands get cold, I know where to go. But I wouldn't use those packs." He gave a mischievous grin.

He posed for a few photos with her. "Small hints for the gram right?" He asked. "I don't want us swarmed while we are out. It's been nice it's been rather low key."

"Wannabe?" He gave her a look. "Baby I was born and raised in the mountains." He rolled his eyes and shook his head. "And no, I am okay on the food bit. I ate my snack, but if we don't get shopping soon then it will be a problem." He smiled as they rode the elevator down then walked out and through the lobby with her. He held her hand as they walked. "Want to go down the one side then up the other?"

Adri laughed and exposed her arms around him, “Being healthy is hard. Being able to eat what you want when you want sounds so much easier. That’s why everyone does it.” She pouted. “I want to do that.” She sighed.

“You’re not touching my butt with cold hands.” She warned him. “You can touch your own butt.” She said. She nodded her head to small hints for the gram. Her location was always off and she didn’t put where she was unless it was well after the time it happened.

“That sounds good. We might find something cute for our little nephew. I guess our future niece too. We can give it to mom to give to them.” She grimaced and walked with him down the street.

“Why do they get the girl?” She grumbled and laced her fingers with his.

"It is hard. But doesn't it feel freaking amazing when you have a good workout? Do you physically and mentally feel better when you eat better and workout? I do. I felt like crap the other day when we pigged out. My body isn't used to it and I can tell when I'm not drinking enough water or getting enough protein." He smiled. "But we can still eat what we want, just in moderation."

He gave her a look. "I'm not touching my own butt. Some fun you are. What if...I put them in your pockets on your butt?" He asked, trying to compromise."

Jake kissed her shoulder. "Or we could send it to them. That way it's from us and not coming from your mom. Your brother may not believe it's from us if it doesn't directly come from us." He suggested and sighed.

His thumb caressed hers. "I don't know baby. We may still get ours. I'm not giving up hope yet." He told her softly as they walked and he looked in a couple windows before motioning he wanted to go into the first clothing store before they headed inside.

"I would say we could get Owen something, but honestly, does he need anything? That kid needed a Uhaul for his Christmas gifts."

“A little, I guess.” She pouted. “I didn’t good the other day but...” She rolled her eyes at his use of logic and resorted to stick her tongue out at him.

“Your hands would still be cold and touching me. That makes me cold. You can only touch my butt when your hands are warm.” She told him. “Like right now. Your hands are warm so you can touch my butt. And I’ll touch your butt and we will both be happy.” She smiled.

“I don’t care what they think. They’ll be lucky to get anything at all.” She walked into the store with him. “I’m not getting them anything special. Just walk into target and get some stuff. Nothing fancy. Nothing designer. They might sell it.” She rolled her eyes.

She looked around the store and found a few things her mom would like. “No, Owen definitely doesn’t need anything. Maybe some clothes since he’s growing like a weed but no more toys.”

She knew his logic was right and that's why she didn't like it.

"Oh is that the rule huh? Only warm hands on the bootie? That means only you can have warm hands on my butt too." He told her sticking his tongue out at her.

Jake gave her a small look. "You know that's kind of petty right? Why not get something designer with Jones on it or wait until we know the name. If their name is on it, they can't sell it as easily." He told her and gave her a nudge. "But I'll support whatever you do."

He found a couple of button up shirts he liked as well and they seemed to have a size that would fit his bigger arms. A couple were plain colors and then some were plaid. After he got the shirts and a few things her mom would like, they moved on to the next store which was more of a home decor store, not really Jake's place.

“Well that’s just not fair since you’re a walking radiator.” She said softly.

Adri shrugged her shoulder, “So?” She didn’t care that it was petty. It would feel good. If the baby really needed something, she would step in. “My niece doesn’t need anything designer. I get Owen designer stuff because we can afford it and we can afford to have it spit up on and shit in. If they want her decked out in designer labels then they can pay for it.” She reasoned.

when they got to the next store she found a couple mugs that had letters in them, but other than that there wasn’t anything she was really interested in. The next store was a boutique for dogs and Adri got some healthy treats and toys for the girls and Max. She didn’t want to get stuck carrying to much when they were drunk though so she kept her spending minimal.

He chuckled. "Fine, give me a warning." He told her and smiled giving her cheek a kiss.

Jake understood what she was saying and why she was upset. This was one of those things he didn't want to fight about. "Just remember...we will have someone watching us and our actions. Just keep that in mind. But I get it." He gave a nod.

"Babe...you know I can run these to the car right?" He told her as he looked and got Max a new harness for running with him.

“I know Boo. And he will have every chance to play with his cousin if they allow him too. My problem with my brother and his girlfriend, don’t extend to their kid. I hope they know that. At the same time I don’t want them alone with my kid. So it might be more of a they can play together at grandma’s house situation.”

She nodded her head, “I know but we would have to go back to the car because I don’t want to be alone that long.” She said.

“Want to go to a bar before we cross the street? Or finish shopping and then go get something to eat and drink?” She asked. Happy to go either way.

"I agree with not wanting them alone with him. But...when the rest of your brothers start to have kids. You can't treat her differently because you don't get along with her parents." He reminded her. "You can't get her cousins designer items and clothes but not her. She will pick up on that."

Jake gave her a nod about not wanting to be alone. "Good point. Make a mental note, we can come back and get what you want tomorrow."

"Let's get a drink." He nodded. "Yeah. Let's do it." He opened the door for her. "Who's buying the first round?" He teased with a smile.

That was a point she didn’t pick up on. She looked at Jake and wanted to argue but couldn’t think of what to say. “So no one gets designer anything.” She sighed. That wasn’t likely to happen. “I don’t know. She shouldn’t suffer because of her parents but at the same time I don’t trust her parents. When she’s older...?” She frowned and looked at Jake. “It’s their fault.” She said simply.

“I’ll buy the first round.” She told him and out his bag inside of hers so it was less to carry. She walked with him to a bar and found a nice table in the back for them to sit at.

She looked at the food menu and set it down and looked at the drink menu instead. “I think...I want...a margarita. Strawberry. Or maybe a mojito.” She looked at Jake, “What about you?”

Jake looked at her and understood her confliction and he was surprised that he was the one trying to get her to see how her actions could have a result. "You're right. She shouldn't be punished because of her parents. I know darn well you will see that girl and want to spoil her rotten." Then it hit him. "Babe...just give her until she is like three and then spoil her rotten like Owen is. Then you'd be the coolest aunt ever who buys her a bunch of shit." He grinned at the idea and winked at her. "I gotch you babe!"

He sat down with her and grabbed a drink menu. "I'm going to order expensive then." He teased and chuckled.

"A mojo huh? If I start with something minty...I'm not sure if I can go with a whiskey later...I have to be careful about mixing." He looked over the menu again. "OH what the hell. Let's get mojos. What flavor?"

Adri didn’t really like that plan but she accepted it for now. “I don’t like how our future is looking right now.” She said and by our she meant their relationship with their future niece.

“You can get whatever you want. I just know I better get some sugar later.” She smiled.

“Strawberry Jalepeno sounds delicious. So does strawberry watermelon.” She thought about it. “I guess it depends on how long we are staying. I might try both.” She smiled.

The waitress came over, “Can I get you an appetizer or drink to start off with?” She asked and looked over her shoulder when her name was called behind her. She threw up a hold on finger and looked at Jake and Adri again.

“Strawberry jalapeño mojito and maybe...cheese dip?” She looked at Jake. They would need something to eat to counter the alcohol.

Jake sighed but let it go. He wasn't sure if she could be convinced any differently and honestly, he wasn't sure if he wanted to. Her brother and Stacy did some pretty awful stuff and she had a right to be upset. If it wouldn't make him look bad, he would knock her brother out and he wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to knock out Stacy.

He grinned at her. "You want sugar later? I'll give you some sugar right now." He chuckled and gave her a kiss knowing that wasn't what she meant but he didn't care.

Jake gave Adri a nod to the cheese dip. That was fine with him. "I'll try your strawberry watermelon mojito please." He smiled at the waitressed and thanked her. When she walked away, he looked at Adri. "You can try my drink and if you want your own, you can get one. We have all night to do whatever you want to so we don't have to rush off." He told her.

She accepted his kiss and patted his butt so he would walk into the bar.

“Good idea, but what happens if you don’t like your drink?” She asked. “Are you going to get a whiskey?”

“I have to pace myself or I will start to feel these two mojitos. You and your iron liver might not understand that but I would like this night to last as long as possible.” She put her hand on top of his and gave it a squeeze. “I love you Boo.” She told him and leaned forward to kiss him.

"I either give it to you and order something else or I force it down. I like mojitos. I like minty." He told her.

He grinned. "I have iron everything." He chuckled. "I know you're a lighter weight than I am." He smiled. "Thats why we should get appetizers at each bar?" He chuckled at the idea. "I'm not sure I'm able to eat that much."

Jake squeezed her hand and kissed her deeply. "I love you baby." He smiled at her. "Thanks for doing this trip with me. Maybe when Owen is bigger we can bring him on the trip to see where I started and made it big. But you are my favorite traveling partner." He smiled and played with her hand.

“I don’t want to get sick from eating that much, but I’m down to try. I’ll keep up my drink to food ratio.” She said but she couldn’t promise that. She probably would get heavy with the drinks since they were child free and she was enjoying freedom and the chance to revel in her youth.

“What if I’m the one that gets into a fight tonight?” She asked. “The tables will turn. And then you can be like, ‘No Adri, it’s fine. Let’s just go home’ and then I can be like ‘fuck him’ and throw up middle fingers as I walk out.” She laughed. “That sounds like a great time.” She smiled. “For me.” She finished.

she moved her chair closer to his and buddied up next to him. Their drinks came a few minutes later and she tasted them both but liked hers more. It was sweet and spicy. “There is a lot of something in there.” She made a face and took another sip. “That’s good.” She pushed it towards him to try it out.

"I understand that. I want a good dinner. I'm thinking a nice steak dinner." He told her. "I remember hanging out with a couple friends and Jimmy and we went out drinking. Well we stopped at one place first, had a drink. Then went to another place...we ordered a pizza. Then we went to two three other places. And had a couple drinks at each place. I remember we went back to the pizza place to get more food cause we were hungry again. And we were legit drunk. Or at least I was."

He shook his head and sighed. "Really? Please don't. I'll just throw you over my shoulder and carry you out of the bar. But you've legit played that out in your mind...which is a bit alarming." He chuckled.

Jake tried his first. "I like that. A lot." He tried Adri's and moved his head side to side. "It's okay...I'm not sure if I like spicy in my drink like that. Like cinnamon isn't bad but I don't know. I think I like mine more." He smiled and took another drink. "But now I've had that, I want some jalapeño poppers now."

He let his left hand play with the glass. "Just imagine this time next year, I'll have a ring on this finger..."

“You can try to carry me on your shoulder. I’ll be in badass mode and no body can touch a bad ass.” She joked. “Sometimes it’s fun to imagine how you’ll react to things.” She said honestly. “Like if I were to surprise you with something, I’ll see it from your point of view. Most of the time I’m wrong. I thought you would cry when I surprised you with the truck. Not a single tear.” She huffed.

“You better tear up when I walk down the aisle. If I don’t see tears I’m not walking down it.” She warned. “I’ll probably be crying before the doors open.” She laughed. “Which is why we are doing photos before the ceremony and then we can go off and do some more after the ceremony. And if I find a reception dress, I’ll change and we can walk in and party.” She danced in her seat happily.

She tasted his drink and nodded her head slowly, “Yeah, that’s good.” She said and took another sip of his before giving it back. Their queso was set on the table and Adri asked for jalapeño poppers for Jake.

“This time next year I will be a Mrs.” She smiled. “You can always start wearing a ring now. Why am I the only one telling the world I am unavailable? You can slide one on your finger. One of this silicone bands you never take off.”

He laughed. "Babe there isn't anything to you. I'd carry your butt out. I can see me carrying you out and you still cursing out whoever you are beating up." He laughed. "Yeah it is kind of fun I guess to think about how you'd react." He smiled a little and chuckled. "I didn't cry over my truck but I'd cry if anything ever happened to it. I love my truck. Legit love my truck."

Jake looked at her confused. "Wait...Am I tearing up at the aisle walking or during the reveal? Aren't we doing reveal ahead of time? Shouldn't I cry then?" He took a sip of his drink. "I'm not going to lie, I don't know if I really want a reveal. I want you walking down the aisle to be the first time I see you to be honest. Why did that ever change? Is it the photos?" He asked and took a bite of a chip.

"I could have gotten my poppers at another place....but thanks baby."

"I was going to talk to you, I kind of wanted to know if you'd mind if I wore a silicone one all the time. Maybe had an actual ring for the ceremony and nice events but on a normal day to day with work wear the silicone ones. I've seen guys at the gym wear rings and get their fingers tore up. And I saw a show where a guy lost his finger from a ring....But I'd wear one...I don't mind."

Back
Top Bottom