Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

He laughed and rolled his eyes. "I can't wait for you to become a billionaire so you can get one. But you'll have to tell our kids that they will get a castle instead of money." He smiled.

"I don't know if it quite works that way babe..." He said softly. "I'm sure they can tell when you've done damage but I'm not sure...I'm sure some sports doctors specialize in it for football players. But I think it's more like...okay you've had yet another concussion. Alright...one more concussion you're done. But I know they look at symptoms like do you have migraines, trouble concentrating, balance issues, neck pain, vision issues, and mood I think. It's stuff they normally ask after as concussion protocol."

Jake thought about resolutions. "I don't know. People never keep those." He thought about it. "I want to be better than this year. I want to be faster, in the best shape, hold my title. What about you?" He kissed her shoulder and wrapped his arms around her. "I can handle a suit. And yeah, a few days sounds good."

“Like that’s a bad thing! A castle is a couple million dollars. And I’ll be a billionaire so it’s a drop in the bucket. It will be fine.” She assured him.

“Do you have any of those things?” She asked softly, not sure if she wanted to know the answer. Do you have migraines, trouble concentrating, balance issues, neck pain, and vision issues? Any of them?”

“Start my business. Find a wedding dress or two. Get married and enjoyed married life.” She smiled. “Spend more time with Owen while he’s a baby since we might not get it again. And give back to shelters and shelters and people we take for granted. Find a way to make them feel appreciated.” She lifted her leg out of the water and shrugged her shoulder. “That felt like a pageant answer, didn’t it? That’s what I want though. It would be nice find some kids in Vegas that need help. Help with anything, school, clothes, housing, all of it.”

She picked up some bubbles in her hand and crushed them, “I see what you went through and it make me think about what you could have been if someone was there for you. You turned out great, it’s not the same story for a lot of kids. I want to help them, even if it’s just a couple of them.” She said softly.

He looked at her confused. "How do you know how much a castle in Germany is? Oh my you've already looked haven't you?" He shook his head. "You probably have some with a realtor on standby."

"I've not had issues with any of that except maybe headaches. I've only had a handful of migraines and I think most of the issues is related to weather cause I'm normally stuffy or have other symptoms." He explained. "Like sinus pressure."

Jake smiled listening to her answer. That's one of the things he loved about her. She wanted to do things for her but also others. "Well your answer put mine to shame." He smiled. "I do want to focus on time with O and helping others. I think it's great you want to help kids who need it. It makes me fall deeper in love with you."

"Babe...I'm okay with how I turned out. I know others aren't as lucky as I am. But it means it can happen. It doesn't matter where you come from. You can make any dream happen. But it is important for kids in my situation to know people care and believe in them. Without my coach...I never would have gotten started." He gave her neck a kiss.

“I was going to get us one as a wedding present but apparently you’re going to divorce me if I do.”
She rolled her eyes and shook her head.

“I looked into it.” She said softly. “Fostering and adopting. We could be foster parents. Most of the kids go back to their parents, some get adopted, and some age out of the system or emancipate.” She told him. “We can pick the age range we want. Babies, toddlers, kids, teens. We could do it. I’ll be home more. Traveling here and there but mostly home.” She looked at him over her shoulder.

“Would you be open to fostering? It would take a while to go through the process. Especially if you’re in LA. There’s a lot of background checks and interviews that we would have to do together and separately. As long as we don’t have anything negative in our history we should pass. I know my background is good.What about you? Any flags I should be aware of?” She teased.

"A wedding present to yourself?" He teased. "Can we get our jet we talked about before the castle? That way we can fly to our castle? I can get my pilot's license."

Jake listened to her talk about fostering a child and how she has looked into it. They could do it. They had the ability to give kids a good life, even for a little while.

"Adge...babe...what if we get attached and then they are to go back to their parents? Is that something you think you can handle?" He asked softly.

"I'm..." He gave a nod. "I'm okay with it. But can we maybe wait until after the wedding? I think, us being married would be better for us. They could see we are committed and happy. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving them for our honeymoon or making them part of our wedding. That could be a lot for a kid to deal with. And I think once you sign up to be a foster family they place a kid when they find it necessary."

“Then we stay in their lives. Not invasively but as a shoulder to lean on.” She shrugged her shoulder. She didn’t know if she could handle it but she was willing to try. “I know we can adopt every child, animal, or whatever else may come our way but we can open our arms and hearts to them. Even if it’s just for a little while. We can make them happy.”

She nodded her head to waiting until after the wedding. It made sense to her. She had plans on traveling and it wouldn’t fit her schedule. Jake was going to be in LA the first quarter of the year so he wouldn’t be available for the interviews. They could wait. Until then, she could help out in certain places. At least find an agency to work with.

“What other bath time topic should we talk about?” She asked and laced her fingers through his.

“Since we are the topic of babies...” She started, “What if you had another baby with Layla? You said you don’t want too big of an age gap between Owen and whatever baby comes next. You and Layla make cute babies, not that that is important. You two can make babies, period. Healthy ones. If we paid her do you think she’d carry another Jake Daniels? Or Jane Daniels?” She chuckled. It hurt to ask even though they would about it the scientific route. It felt like the only option. Owen would have the same parents as his siblings.

“Are you sure you want to do this Jake? With me? You could have anyone.” She reminded him.

Last edited:
He gave a nod. "I understand. If you think you can do that and are okay with it. I'm okay with it. I mean, I know it will be hard having to say goodbye to a foster child that gets to go back home with their parent but if it's what is best for them, I can do it."

When she brought up having another baby with Layla, his eyes widened and he didn't know what to say at first. It took a moment before he responded because he wanted to really think of how to answer and process. "I can't answer that about Layla until I really think that over. That's one I have to think about. I mean, I get why you would want us to go with her, but...I'm just not entirely sure I trust her to approach her with that." He told her honestly. "Plus, I really would want to check every possibility with us. We could try IVF...Or what about finding a surrogate. Like maybe Amy? That way the baby is you and me... Maybe we can get some of your eggs and freeze them, just in case. So we have options."

Jake made her look at him. "You need to look at me when I tell you this." His eyes looked into hers. "You're right, I could have anyone. But no one loves me like you do. Not anyone would have accepted Owen like you have. I love you. I want to do this. I want to do this with you. The thought of not being with you because of this has not once crossed my mind as an option. You stood by me with Owen. I'm standing by you through this. We will get through it together. A king does not walk away from his queen when she needs him most."

“She’s been quiet about Owen. She hasn’t given us a reason not to trust her.” Adri said. “Amy is having her own family. We can ask her to pause hers to start ours. It might be easiest to ask Layla. You have time to think about it but it is something you need to think about.” She said softly.

She looked into his eyes and nodded her head, “Okay.” She knew she had to stop asking. She had to believe him. She felt guilty though. They had this perfect life planned and she asked screwing then up. “I’m going to take a shower and wash this dirty water off before my nap.” She stoop up and stepped on the mat. She turned the water on in the shower and stepped in. She stood under the water for a long time before she cleaned herself up.

When she was finished she wrapped up in a towel and wrapped her hair so she didn’t get the pillow wet. She set her alarm for an hour and a half. “All this traveling is making me tired. I think I’m going to crash hard when we get home, like after New Year’s. I doubt we will get much sleep at Nick’s house.”

Jake knew she had a point about Layla but still, she probably would want a pay check, which he didn't mine offering but who was to stop her from wanting more. "We should discuss it with a lawyer. Maybe one that specifies in surrogates. But I still think we should consider IVF."

He watched her a moment as she got into the shower. Jake knew it was hard on Adri and it was something that she couldn't help and he just wanted to make it easier and better for her. He would shower once she was done, but let her have some time.

When she finished her shower, he got up to take his turn. "I think we both will crash hard. But you're right, we will probably won't get much at Nick's. He will want to do what he can with us while we are there. I'm gonna shower and I'll lay with you for a bit."

She ran her tongue over her teeth and shrugged her shoulder to doing IVF. “If we have to pick a surrogate and Layla is open to it, I would prefer to go with her. She’s been shut lip about Owen. We have no reason not to trust her and she’s carried your kid before. She’s the best choice.” Adri reasoned before getting out of the tub.

While he was in the shower, she dried off and towel dried her hair as much as she could. She brushed it into a bun and then got dressed in the bedroom. She climbed into bed and relaxed into the plush mattress.

Her mind was running a mile minute. She was tired and that made the evil thoughts come. She didn’t want to be a downer. She knew Jake hated when she said or thought she would never have kids but that seemed to be their reality. She didn’t know if he was thinking about the future. If he wanted kids it wouldn’t be easy. They would have to plan and go through doctors and there was no guarantee that it would work. It was a lot.

She tried her best not to think about it and closed her eyes. She put her head under the pillow and pretended it was dark so she could trick her brain into sleeping. By the time Jake got out of the shower, Adri was asleep.

It wasn't promising that she was comfortable doing IVF and honestly, he probably wouldn't want to push her because he didn't want to just depress her more and more but unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant.

Jake let the warm water cascade over him. It was a lot to take in too. It was something he would try to be more supportive of. He washed his hair and body before he got out and dried off. Pulling on some boxer briefs only, he then headed into the room. He saw her and knew she was going through a lot. He laid down with her and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her shoulder.

His mind too raced a bit but it wasn't as important for him to sleep like it was for her so he just closed his eyes and relaxed, where he eventually fell asleep.

They were asleep for awhile and the alarm was about to go off when Jake's phone went off from her mom. Jake was worried something was wrong so he answered right away, but Owen just wanted to say hi.

Adri was out like a light until the phone rang. She slowly shifted and turned towards it with a yawn. She could hear Owen speaking through the receiver and smiled. She listened to him talk and rubbed Jake’s chest.

She looked at the time and sat up. And put her head on her knees. “I feel like that was German, English and baby babble.” She laughed when the phone call was over.

“How was your nap?” She asked him. She slept but it wasn’t the deep sleep she needed. Every time Jake moved she was brought back to the present. Then she would fade back into sleep. It was like when she slept with Owen and he moved. Her instinct told her to make sure he didn’t roll off the side of the bed. Only now her instinct was telling her Jake was moving.

Jake talked to him a bit about not a lot of anything important but it felt nice that his son thought about him enough he wanted to call daddy. He found a few words that he really liked and kept repeating them before throwing a few things in there.

He hung after thanking Maria for calling him and taking good care of him. Jake stretched and yawned.

"It was okay. Yours?" Jake snuggled into her and gave her neck a kiss. He had a feeling she didn't sleep the best and felt a bit guilty about it. He didn't know if it was him or thinking about getting pregnant or both. "I am getting hungry..."

“Yeah. It was good.” She lied and bent over to kiss his forehead. “I’m sorry about bath time. I was tired.” She told him. “Let’s just focus on getting married. We will do the rest later.” She smiled.

“it’s too late for lunch and we are meeting with your friend for dinner. So you might have to settle with a snack. Either from the room service menu or maybe there is a corner store you can run to.” She said and slid out of the bed.

She grabbed her suitcase and pulled out something to wear tonight. They were going to dinner and walking around a bit so she wanted to be nice and warm. She didn’t care if it looked cute. Well she did but warm was the number one goal.

Jake watched her, he didn't know if he believed her or not. "Babe...It's okay. It's valid things to bring up and think about." He told her and rubbed her leg. "I love you."

He watched her a bit. "Do you want a snack? I know a general store who has some good stuff. Or at least used to. If you play your cards right...I'll go take a walk and get you some goodies." He smiled at her and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Babe..." He sat up and sighed. "Look, we have to be honest with each other. We can do it as sensitive as we can, but please be honest with me. If you're not sleeping, if you're stressed or anything else please tell me. Promise me you'll continue to be honest with me."

She shook her head to a snack and then thought about it, “Gummy bears?” She smiled. “I want gummy bears. Haribo and maybe an energy drink Bang, the unicorn one? Please?” She asked him.

“Jake, I’m fine. We’ve been traveling for days. It’s normal to be a little tired. Just relax and go get my gummy bears and energy drink.” She leaned over and kissed his cheek. “Or just walk around the room naked. Do jumping jacks naked. That will wake me up.” She teased.

She rubbed his back and kissed his shoulder, “I have cash in my wallet. You can use it if you need. I just need enough to leave the maids a tip before we leave.”

Last edited:
Jake smiled at her order for snacks. She was adorable as he got dressed. "Okay. I handle that order."

He laughed, "You want me to walk around the room naked or doing jumping jacks naked? You are crazy. You know with a foster child, I can't walk around our house naked. Just keep that in mind. Is that something you're ready to give up yet?"

"I have money babe. Anything else? Chips? Pretzels? Jerky?" He asked as he put his shoes on.

“You’re right, I’m going to need something salty. Pretzels, gummy bears and a Unicorn Bang.” She corrected.

“No, but you could walk around our room naked. So I won’t be missing out too much. You can’t walk around naked now, silly. With the baby and family always popping by. Remember the one time you almost got caught?” She asked.

She smiled at Jake, “A kiss.” She puckered her lips and after she got her kiss, she watched him leave. She pulled the covers back over she’d shoulders and fell back asleep while she waited for him to come back.

"Got it!" He smiled at her.

She had a point about him walking around the bedroom naked. "I could and probably would, but that means you should as well."

Jake walked over and gave her a deep kiss before a few pecks. He grabbed the key for the room and his jacket. "I'll have my phone if you think of anything else." He headed out and normally he would probably be on his phone as he walked out but instead he was looking forward to just going for a nice walk and checking out a little of the neighborhood.

Once outside, he realized the place didn't change much which was kind of nice to see and put himself back in the past a bit. He went into the general store and walked around and looked at a few things before he grabbed her items. He grabbed some cashews, trail mix and an energy drink for himself before heading to the cash register.

The kid behind the register was tall and skinny. He took each item and passed it over the scanner. “Anything else?” He asked, referring to cigarettes behind him or lotto tickets. The counter also had chocolate and fake roses spade like teddy bears on the counter. Christmas was over it was time for Valentine’s Day to dominate everything.

He finished the transaction and put the receipt in the bag before handing it over to Jake. “Have a good day.” He said bored and went back to scrolling through his phone.

Adri was able to close her eyes and rest a bit more. She would get out of bed when Jake back to the room. She enjoyed the cozy feeling of the room being cold and being wrapped up in the toasty comforter.

Jake looked around and smiled, "Cutting right to the next holiday huh? Yeah one of those fake roses please." He handed over the money. "Thanks man. You too."

With the bag in hand, he walked around a little bit, checking out some of the little shops around. Jake knew Adri was tired and wanted to give her time to rest so he wasn't in a hurry to rush back.

On the walk back, he called his dad and just let him know things were okay, not great, but okay. He made his way back up to the room going in quietly and setting the stuff down on the table. He put the fake rose on the pillow next to her.

He sat down on the couch and worked on clips they had with his earbuds in.

He nodded, “It’s been in the back for a while now. We just put it out yesterday.” He told him.

Adri heard the door click open but she was still in that middle realm of sleep and awake. She couldn’t pull herself out of the sleep. She faded back in for a little while longer. She was able to get about ninety minutes of sleep before she woke up feeling refreshed.

When she opened her eyes she saw the rose and smiled. She reached out for it and sat up. She let the blanket fall and expose her chest. “Thank you Baby.” She got out of bed and walked over to him. She kissed his temple and rubbed his shoulders.

She grabbed her energy drink from the fridge and popped it open. “That’s yummy.” She smiled and sat on the couch next to him. “How’s it looking?”

As he was editing, he realized that he couldn't and probably shouldn't edit the material of him at the house. It was something he wanted to have the same creative thumb all the way through it. It was almost like fate when he heard back from an editor they reached out to. They wanted to be part of it.

Jake was thrilled and couldn't wait to tell Adri but he did start editing some of the clips from the previous gym.

He smiled at her and looked her over. "If I continue to get to look at that view you can have a million of those." He chuckled. "It's coming. The editor agreed to it. They want us to give all the videos to him when we are finished and he will view them and then conduct his own interviews for voice overs or commentary of us." He told her.

"I can't watch those videos..." He told her softly. "From the first day."

“Oh boy. That’s exciting.” She rubbed his shoulders and shook him back and forth. “The editors are going to be in for a treat. I got a quite a few clips of your butt.” She smiled and kissed his cheek again. “I couldn’t resist.” She told him.

She sighed when he said he watch the first day of filming, “It’s to be expected.” She told him. “Hopefully after you start talking about it to a therapist it will be easier and by the time this is finished, you will be able to watch your film. No fast forwarding.”

She looked at her snacks and grabbed the gummy bears. “What time do we need to leave?” She asked.

"Adriana! Why would you do that?! The world doesn't want to see my butt! Actually they probably do..." He laughed and shrugged. "Does it look good at least? I did have my tighter pants on yesterday."

He nodded before letting out a sigh. "I do think I'll be able to after therapy. That's my goal. Setting that damn house on fire is also a goal I think will help but, I'll get there. It will be okay. I also have to be able to talk a bit probably about it from the editor asking questions." His hand ran through his hair.

After checking his watch he looked at her. "You have about two hours before we have to be there. Plenty of time for you to get ready and even relax while you eat your gummy bears." He pointed to her Bang. "You know those are bad for you right? He held up a different energy drink. "These are made from actual guys who work out." He moved the laptop and held his arms open for her to sit with him.

Back
Top Bottom