Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

guitarfan28

The Punisher
"Thanks. I appreciate it." She giggled. "Luke has done an amazing job helping me already. I have a good husband. Speaking of husband...how is the wedding planning going?" Amy was a girl so wedding planning made her happy.

"I can just have Alexa send more right to your doorstep. So there." She stuck her tongue out at her with a giggle.

Jake sighed and ran his hands over his face. "I am agitated. He got to me. I don't know how or why but he did. I'm stressed. I have a lot on my mind. I'm angry. I just hope it helps me want to kick his butt more than before." He shrugged and let out a breath.

“Good he should. You’re lucky.” She smiled.

Adri rolled her eyes when Any brought up wedding planning. “I think it’s fine. But ask Jake the sky is falling down because I don’t have a dress and I don’t what color or design I want. And he doesn’t have a tux. He thinks he’s going to be scrambling to out a look together but honestly how hard is it to pick a tuxedo? There are so many drsss options I don’t know where to start so I want to wait until Bridal fashion week and see a few shows so I know what I like and what I don’t.” She shrugged her shoulder.

“So right now we aren’t talking. Hopefully we are talking before Biltmore because he did have something really special planned and I want to enjoy it with him. I just wish I knew about it. I thought the trip was wedding planning and I got excited and now he’s upset because he didn’t want to plan the wedding while we were out there.” She sighed.

“It like not a situation I can fix. I either drop everything and go pick some off the rack dress or I keep doing what I am doing and pick the right dress. It’s just annoying that he doesn’t see how important it is that I pick the right dress not just a dress. He’s rushing a process that should not be rushed. People looking at wedding photos and look at the dress. You know?” She asked.

“You had a beautiful dress and you looked amazing in it. I want a dress like that. That I feel amazing. Not one that I had to pick to get Jacob off of my ass so he could pick a tuxedo.”

“Is that all? I like th anger but it’s pooling out at the wrong time.” Luke said. “I just want to make sure you save some anger for the fight.”

Amy smiled, "Is that really his problem though? He knew you were waiting until Bridal Fashion show. I don't know why he's so uptight about it. I wonder if something is bothering him."

"You know, he wanted to have someone design his tux special. I think he wanted to get it made and keep it. At least he mentioned it before. He could have changed his mind." She shrugged. "I can talk to him if you want." She offered.

"Luke and I got married rather quick. I didn't need a super fancy dress. I have a question, are you more worried about the dress because it's not what you want or because you feel you have to uphold this image of what everyone expects you to wear?" She asked.

Jake shook his head. "I'll be fine. Don't worry. I'll be focused and ready for the fight." He assured Luke. "Adri and I are fighting so it's not really helping. I was trying to do something nice for her and she wants to plan wedding stuff on our trip. She's been working so much lately and so have I want to just chill with her. She wants to put wedding planning aside when it's convenient for her but plan it when she has time. Well my job and life matter too." He sighed. "The longer she waits I may have a fight going on or Dana still wants me to do Ultimate Fighter. I don't want to say no to anything because we have wedding planning to do. She wants to push it back to February well what if February is busy for me? I only have till end of July or so to really get a fight in. He won't schedule another one this close..." He shook his head and sighed.

“And he can do that. I have no problem with him having a tux designed. I want him to do that.” Adri said. “He’s nervous because he has a fight and now he’s taking it out on me. Who knows.”

She frowned, “I’m not worried about the dress. I just not know what I want. My mom wants me in her dress. So I have to find someone to make me a dress out of her dress but first I need a design.” She said. “This is my wedding. I don’t care about other people. I don’t how much it costs. I want my dress and I am going to demand my perfect dress. My fiancé isn’t going to force me into some random gown.”

Luke looked at Jake. “You’ve made it work before. Are you sure what Romero said isn’t getting into your head?” He asked. “Ultimate Fighter is filmed in Vegas. You’d be home every night. You’d have time to plan and work. I want this fight nipped in the bud before this fight. I can’t have you in there like this.” Luke said.

Amy shook her head. "I don't think that's what he's doing. I think Jake is smarter than ever doing that. He knows he can't rush that process. I do think the fight is stressing him out a bit."

Jake shook his head and rolled his eyes. "I already told you he got into my head." He sighed. "I know it's in Vegas. But it's still work. If I'm gone all day how am I supposed to go somewhere or meet with someone to design a tux? And just because my job is in Vegas it should get put aside?" He shook his head. "Again I have to swallow my shit for other people...." He shook his head annoyed. "I'm sick of this shit. Everyone else does what the fuck they want so I'm doing what I want when I want to." He said quietly so Owen didn't hear him.

“That what it feels like. We should just got to Klienfields now and pick a dress so I can throw it in his face. See if that would make him happy.”

Luke kept his calm at Jakes irritation, “Who is telling you to push your job to the side?” He asked. “When has anyone ever told you not to do something? Has Adri? Has Adri ever shown you that she support you? Because if she has then you don’t need that or her in your life. If you feel like she isn’t in this with you and she doesn’t support you then you need to take a step back no matter how hard it is.” He told him.

“I’m your trainer and your coach so I’m allowed to tell you what I want from you. Especially when you’re in the octagon. I want you in there only think of bashing Romero’s head in. I don’t want you thinking about your wedding or Adri or what the color of the sky is. I want your head in the game thinking of what we have worked hard on. Alright? If you want to train tonight let me know. We can get some of this early aggression out of you. I think John and o should head out while you get him ready for bed.” He picked up Owen and kissed his head then tossed to grandpa who also gave him a kiss.

“I love you man. I just want to see that belt on your for a few more fights. Hell years if possible.” He said and held his hand to make sure they were good.

Amy gave her a look. "Let's not do that. That won't make him happy. You and I both know that. We could get you a drink though. That I think we should do." She dragged her to a nice little restaurant with a bar and they took a a seat at the bar.

He wanted to say something back to him but really it was none of Luke's business. No one had told him not to do anything but it's not like Adri asks him his opinion before taking jobs. She takes them and is gone for however long. He talks about fights before taking them. He agreed to no fights for a timeline before the wedding. He tries to work around her job to be supportive but she's made it clear she would miss his fights if she was doing an important job. Jake needed to make changes and he would. "It's not that simple Luke. Don't act like you know the situation cause you don't."

"I'll be fine for the fight. I told you that. No one gets it...I don't know why I even both trying to talk about it...." He shook his head. Jake hit his fist against Luke's. He told his father good night. Jake got Owen ready for bed and gave him a bottle of milk for Owen to hold himself and watch his movie. Jake put his headphones on and just checked out enough that he could forget things but keep an eye on Owen.

“A drink would be nice. But I’d rather have a drink with someone else who could drink. Are you even allowed on bars right now?” She teased.

“I don’t want you to feel like you can’t talk to anyone man. That’s not a way to live.” Luke said. But since Jake felt he stepped out of line he gave up. Jake would talk when he was ready and he wasn’t ready yet. Or they weren’t the right people to talk too.

Adri had a martini at the bar and Eileen had a drink as well. Amy stuck to water. Once they had their drinks they did a little sight seeing so they could see broadway at night which they loved and took pictures for. Nick sent her a text to hang out so when the ladies got tired she stayed out with Nick and had a couple more drinks. He wanted to celebrate her walk and he had good news from his fashion line he was working so it was a good night for the pair. They weren’t staying at the same hotel but he dropped her off at her hotel before he went to his hotel.

It was super late she was expecting everyone to be asleep. She took a shower quietly and slept on the couch with a blanket and a pillow from the bed. Since she had a few drinks in her system it was an easy sleep and she was out all night.

Amy gave her a look. "Well tough. You're stuck with me. Rude ass." She giggled. "I'm allowed in bars." She hip bumped her.

Jake tried to get Owen to bed but his teeth was acting up and he wasn't going down very easily. He was crying and fussy. Jake was a bit annoyed he had a fight the next day and Adri was leaving him to take care of Owen by himself. It just kind of confirmed how he was feeling even more. He ended up texting Amy to see if they were still out and she informed him that Adri met up with Nick. He put his phone up and focused on Owen.

Once he was asleep he laid him down in his pack and play. Jake then laid down exhausted and mentally drained. He was still annoyed. In the morning Jake got up early before Owen and got dressed. He left, letting the door slam loudly as he walked out. He figured since she was back she could handle Owen when he woke up.

The door slam woke Adri up from a nice rest and Owen started to cry a few minutes later. She groaned and walked into the bedroom and picked him up. “Hi buddy. How are you doing?” she kissed his cheeks and rocked him back and forth until he was calm.

She laid on the bed with him and tried to get some more sleep with him. They got maybe an hour before he was back up and ready to start the day. Adri changed him and while she had him down she checked on his teeth. That nasty one in the back finally poked through.

She tickled his tummy and put him in the play pen and turned the TV on for him while she ordered them some breakfast. They deserved waffles and bacon and eggs so that’s what they got and she got Jake the same omelette he had the previous day if he wanted. He was under weight so he could eat it.

With Owen in his play pen Adri went to the bedroom to pick out their clothes for the day. Adri wanted white and rose gold. So she slid on some tight white pants a white tube top and a jam jacket with a pair of rose gold sneakers. She put Owen in all black with his black timberland boots because he looked so cute.

“Want to go to the park?” She asked him. She waited until the food arrived and kept Jakes covered. She left a note saying they were at the park and she took Owen and Liam to Central Park to walk around and tire Owen out. She brought Owen’s waffle and some bacon and he ate while she pushed him in the stroller.

Jake went for a walk to clear his head. He would have worked out but he didn't want to risk an injury that close to the fight. He had his wireless headphones on. His fight day mix was on and he was trying to get mentally prepared for the fight. His mental state really wasn't what he planned or hoped for but was trying to fix that.

He found a place after returning to the hotel to sit and watch a bit more fight tape. Some of the tape was of Romero, some of it was of himself to see things he needed to improve on. He didn't know what else he could do to prepare, so it was now just getting mentally in the fight. Staying in an empty conference room he closed his eyes and just relaxed listening to the music. It seemed to help.

Hours had passed before he returned to their room. It was nearly 11 before he went in to their room. He warmed up the food Adri got him and ate.

Adri and Luke took turns chasing Owen around the park. Sometimes he would walk. Most of the time he would run. He fed some squirrels when they tried to take a break and then they had to start walking again to get the squirrels to leave him alone. They did find some ducks and someone selling food to feed them so they did that and Owen loved it. They were out until nap time which was usually close to ten thirty so they went back to the room.

Adri went him on the bed with the pillows around him and took her clothes off. And took a selfieon Snapchat with the caption ‘Can I wear this to fight night?’ #NothingToWear :(

She put her robe on and went to her suit case to figure out which outfit she would wear. It was a little too late to go shopping but she could always have a personal shopper come and bring her a few things. She thought about for a little while and then she had Brian set it up. She didn’t want to go shopping today. She wanted to to see this fight and go home.

After Jake ate he stripped down to his shorts and just relaxed as much as he could. The massage last fight really worked so he had Casey schedule another one for him.

When they arrived they set up in the living room since Owen was asleep on the bed. He got on the table and during the massage could have fallen asleep. He was halfway through it when Adri's personal shoppers came rolling in. He sighed as they came in and set up just a bit away from him.

Jake looked at Adri and bit his tongue not to say anything.

Adri didn’t know Jake was having a massage until she saw him. She took the personal shopper and the trolley into the bedroom because Owen could sleep through a thunder storm. They just kept quiet and didn’t put anything on the bed. Jake should be the one in the bedroom since that would have been convenient for everyone.

She looked at the outfits and had a mixed reaction. It was nice stuff but she wasn’t feeling it. She wanted something than what she normally wore. So they trolley was taken away and traded out for another one about thirty minutes later. From this trolley she had a lot of sexy bold options.

There was one that she fell in love with when she saw it and that was the outfit for the night. She also had some jewelry on loan that she could wear and she was set. She thanked the shopper and walked her out and went back into the bedroom to find the jewelry and to do her hair and make up.

Jake was annoyed that they kept coming and going from the room. She had months to figure out what she wanted to wear. Why did she wait until the last minute? And then she got pissed at him for thinking she'd wait till the last minute for their wedding.

He thanked the masseuse and made sure she got paid. He then went in to take a shower a little bit after she left. It helped him relax his muscles but his mind was still going a mile a minute. With the warm water spraying on him, he took a bit longer in the shower.

Owen woke up and looked around for his "da." He wanted his dad. Once Jake was done he got out and dried off and put his underwear on and went out of the shower. He saw Owen and smiled. "What are you doing big guy? How was your nap?" He asked Owen before kissing his head. "Did you have fun at the park? What did you do?"

She had an outfit planned for the fight. She just didn’t want to wear it anymore. She was in a mood and she wanted her outfit to reflect that mood.

Owen kept saying ‘uck and it was unclear what he was trying to say at first. Jake was already angry at her and she didn’t want him thinking she taught Owen fuck so she smcasually say ‘Duck.’ from the bathroom.

Her hair was straight so she curled it and put it in rolled while she got ready. There was time before the fight. She just wanted to get the prep work done. Once her hair was pinned she went into her snap and saw how many people were screenshooting her post.

She went into buzzfeed and saw a post about her being a Milf. She posted it on twitter with the caption ‘If the shoe fits, I guess I’ll wear it.’ She sat in the living and watched some real housewives and popped open a bottle of wine. It was a nice day to day drink and hope her fiancé didn’t get beaten up too bad.

Jake's eyes widened. "You saw ducks?! So cool. Did you feed them?" Owen nodded and said "uck uck" a few more times. "Maybe we can find a place back home to feed some ducks buddy."

He picked Owen up and the two sat together as Owen played and Jake listened to music. He didn't say anything to Adri. He was still upset and didn't think anyone understood so he just kept it to himself. When it got to be time to head to the get ready with Luke, he kissed Owen. "Daddy has to go work. Love you buddy."

He got dressed in dress pants and a button up shirt. Jake grabbed his bag and realized he didn't have pedialyte. He shot Casey a quick text to grab some for him. "I'm leaving. See you there." He told her and went to the door to leave.

“Top door of the fridge.” She was a little tipsy last night and a conscience store run seemed completely normal. Good thing too because hats when she picked up Jakes pedialyte. “Bye.” She said and scooped Owen up and attacked him with kisses so he was distracted when Jake left.

They watched Jake and the Neverland pirates for a little while until a paw Patrol came on. She gave Owen Jakes iPad that had max and the girls running around on live stream. She finished her make up and took her hair out of the curlers. She loved it so far.

She had to have Brian help her into her top but she could put he rest on by herself. The necklace she was nervous about but she was the brand ambassador for Bulgaria’s so she should wear it more often.

She looked at her outfit in the mirror and smiled because she totally picked the right look. She finished it off with the Bulgari necklace and she was set.

The outfit nweddd a fell Beyoncé style photo shoot so Brian took her pictures and she put the captions on. ‘Anyone casting for sexy villain? #FoundSomethingToWear #FightNight’

She met everyone in the lobby and they drove to Madison square garden for the fight.

Jake grabbed the Pedialyte and put it in his bag. "Thanks." He told her.

When they got to MSG, Jake and Luke went into his locker room. He got changed into his shorts and pants. He then put on his shirt. His hands were taped and he warmed up a bit and since he was champion he wasn't surprised when he was asked to take a drug test. He took it and then went back to warming up.

"Did you and Adri make up?" Luke asked before Rich and the other guys on his coaching team joined them in the locker room.

"Not really. We said maybe two sentences to each other." He shrugged. "It is what it is. We will be fine. We always are. I didn't really appreciate she was out super late last night. I had to put Owen to bed and he was having a fit. Then she had her entourage of people coming and going while I was trying to relax today. So much for being considerate of what I needed before my fight..."

Amy said good bye because wasn’t going to the fight. John and Eileen were going to stay with Amy and try to watch the fight from the room, if Eileen could handle it. So it was just Adri, Liam, and her brothers. Nick would meet them at the venue. They got in the car and her brothers told her to cover up and made fun of the snake around her neck until she told them it was $70,000 and then they all shut up and tried to touch it. She had the pleasure of smacking their hands away.

They got to the fight and the boys went to place bets. Adri went to get a drink to start off the night. There were other fights before Jake’s and she was able to watch those. She felt weird the closer they got to his fight. She usually wen trot he back and gave him a kiss but she didn’t know if she should or if she should give him space.

They weren’t like this before fights usually. She didn’t like it but she couldn’t change he needed to focus. He could do this. He had been training for months. He was going to win. He had too. He had tookuch aggression to not win.

It was a waiting game until he had his own fight. About three fights before his, Luke texted Adri to tell her she could come back.

Even though he was mad and frustrated, it didn't matter he still loved her and needed to tell her and hear it from her as well. It was tradition now and he hasn't lost yet and he didn't want to jinx himself.

He had his headphones on and listening to music and working on some combos waiting for Adri to come back.

Adri finished her drink really quick and handed it to her brother. She told them she’d be right back and went back to see Jake. Liam had to come with her because of how expensive the necklace was.

She looked at Liam and then looked at Jake. This was the first time they saw each other completely dressed for the fight. She didn’t feel good about this fight but only because she didn’t have Amy to watch it for her and tell her what was happening.

“You’ve trained for this. You can do this.” She told him. “You’ll kick ass and you will go celebrate. You’ve worked hard for this belt and you aren’t going to lose it.” She rubbed his cheek and shoulder. “I love you.”

Jake looked up when she came in. The guys cleared out to give them a minute alone. "You look very sexy." He told her.

His hands went on her hips and rubbed softly. "Thanks baby. I love you." His nerves went away a bit with her there. He wanted to talk but now wasn't the time.

"Dad didn't come either? Do they have Owen?" He asked and looked in her eyes. He really did love her and want to marry her but maybe he needed to focus more on his career.

She shook her head. “He’s trying to convince your mom to come. It’s not too late. But you know they’re watching. And supporting you.” She told him. “They have Owen and Emma just in case they do come.” She said.

She smiled at him and rubbed his cheek again. She gave him a soft kiss. “You’ve got this Boo. You know that.” She patted his butt and took a step back. It was almost time for him to go.

She’d watch him fight and she wouldn’t see him again until he was out of the cage. “I should go make sure my brothers aren’t fight each other.” She gave him another kiss and left the room. She sent Eileen and John a text telling them to st least be here, in the audience, after the fight so they could celebrate with Jake.

"I doubt they will make it but at least she's getting closer." He smiled. "It means a lot she tried."

Jake kissed her softly. He gave her a nod. "I got it. Don't be surprised if it goes the distance." He told her so she doesn't worry.

"Okay. Tell them to get ready for a brutal fight. I'm gonna kick some ass." He grinned and kissed her back. "Love you." He told her and Luke came in to keep him loose.

When it was time for his fight he was second to come out. He was the main event since it was a title fight. He had the belt around his waist. The song he entered to was Kings Never Die. The crowd went crazy. When he got to the cage he took his shirt off and his pants handing both to one of the guys. After the ref checked his gloves and everything he hugged the guys and entered the cage moving around to stay loose.

When he got announced he held his right hand up. The crowd going crazy again. The two fighters went to the middle of the cage. The ref went over the rules and told them to touch gloves. Jake extended his hands and Romero got in his face and made a comment. Jake just smiled as the ref separated them.

Back
Top Bottom