Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wix website, and world-building.

ImaginationGoneWild

Loremaster Extraordinaire!
Has anyone ever tried using Wix as a world-building blog? Like to keep all information, etc... located in that website?
I've noticed every now and then that people use it sometimes to keep their characters or story ideas there but don't know about the world-building part?

Let's hope that the community is more helpful with this question than the last I asked x-x

Never used it myself, although I have some foggy memory of seeing someone else do it. I personally have my things poorly sorted in folders in my laptop, as its where I write on, but I'm no proper example of having things neat and clean. It could be nice for games that require a wide, detailed cast and a expansive world, or perhaps in group games, but for other ones it could probably be overkill. Although, once again, someone that has a few folders with scattered pictures and cast.txt files shouldn't be an example.

Yeah. I've never had to keep worldbuilding notes on their own website. I usually have text documents on my computer to keep track of any setting details, and if I need to share anything with my players, I'll just use Google or word of mouth.

I totally agree with Spirit - and suggest using Google Docs, if the text is very simple however - you can use something like Pastebin.com - #1 paste tool since 2002! it will allow you to create snippets, and send links to your players, and should be easier than google, unfortunately only for simple (unformatted) text.

I'm not very fond of wix. Docs is pretty good, but for me? I consider the peak to be a wiki. Designed for the sort of interlinkage that comes with serious worldbuilding.

Back
Top Bottom