Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The New Falls: A Gravity Falls RP between freckled_beauty and east

Dipper opened his mouth to say somehting, the last thing he wanted was for Mabel to leave, but he knew that if he pressured her he could loose everything a second time. He held up a hand not wanting to let go of Mabel but seeing that he had too just sort of fell back and went silent. Dipper supposed he could just follow her, but that felt like a violation. As she went for the door however he did step forward. "You're gonna come back right? I mean, just because we were alone before... doesn't mean we have to be alone now right?"

He hoped that made sense, but she was right he was the one person that was supposed to have her back, and he just didn't back then. For now he would stay at the cottage, and just clean the place top to bottom, by the time she got back he would probably be finished.

"Yeah, I'll be back." She said and with that left the cottage. The walk into town was about a 45 minute walk, but with her earbuds in and blasting Panic! At The Disco, she wasn't bothered by it. On her arrival earlier in the day she hadn't taken the time to really see how much the town of Gravity Falls had changed, and it had changed. For the most part things were the same. From what she could tell the citizens had rebuilt or repaired the damaged buildings from weirdmegddon and with the addition of some new restaurants, shops, and new grocery store things were the same.

At the edge of town was still Gleeful's Auto Sales, but now it seemed they also offered rentals. Mabel wandered her way onto the lot browsing the rentals that were probably inflated prices being the only ones in town. Still she knew sticking around for a while she would need a mode of transportation. As she wandered the lot she came across a vespa moped,it was shiny with it's candy apple red paint and white detailing. In tranced Mabel ran her fingers across the handle bars.

Dipper watched as Mabel left, part of him wanted to go with her, but he knew better than to do so. For now he had to let her fight her own battle, and she did say she would come back to him, He swallowed up his pride, picked up a broom and started to work on the house, if nothing else it would keep him busy while he was alone.

~~

"Now bless my stairs that isn't a face I'd be forgetting any time soon, if it isn't the better half of the pines duo." The familiar jovial and upbeat southern voice of a blue suited man now taller, and more refined, his neck had grown out with puberty and he had lost a lot of the pudge that had made him childlike. His voice was deeper, but still held the same polite drawl it always had.

Gideon Gleeful walked up to Mabel and took a slight bow. As far as the car lot went his dad had passed it over to him shortly after he had gotten out of Juvie. "When did you get back in town? Don't tell me you came all this way just to see widdle old me."

He looked down at the Vespa. "Oh that one's a beauty, but for a beauty like you, i'm sure we could work out some pricing."

Mabel looked up from the scooter and smiled hearing the familiar voice. She slowly looked up to meet his face and raised her brows. “Gideon?” She tried to hide the surprise in her voice but was sure she wasn’t going to well with that. He was much taller. He had truly matured from the cubby little kid she remembered.

She laughed and shook her head. “I was just heading into town.” She said looking down at the Vespa once again “It is really nice. I only got back earlier today.” She said.

"Well shucks, it's good to see you too Mabel." Gideon was more amused by the surprised tone in her voice than he was anything else. He walked a little closer to her for a moment. "It's been so long since the last time you were here, tell me do you drink coffee, I know a new place I'd love to take you too."

Gideon looked back at the Vespa. "Tell you what, I know it's a little selfish, but I'd let you take it for a thousand, and a date to catch up on everything." Gideon gave her an almost infectious smile, apparently now that he was handsome his charms had gone from cute, to bewilderingly attractive. plus he was knocking 3,000 off the price on his offer.

Mabel laughed softly and brushed her long hair out of her face. She could recall the first time having meet Gideon Gleeful. Even back then he was charming, and it was plain obvious he still had a thing for her. She looked back down once again. Everything? There’s no way he really wants to know what all has happened to me she thought to herself. Like usual he was so infectious and clearly was still use to getting his way with things, and it was just one date. She knew how to say No now, right? No real harm could come from it.

The unfortunate reality was that as much as Mabel had already remembered there were still holes in her memory. Giant gapping ones, and the holes left out a lot of the bad. The truth was she didn’t remember everything that Gideon had done that summer, how he had come to hate most of her family, and had a dangerous obsession with her.

“Alright Gideon, you make it hard for me to say no.” She said and extended her hand for him to shake. “I’ll take it, and the date.” She confirmed. “Can you give me a discount on a helmet too?” She asked

"Oh for you sweetie the helmet is free, just come this way and we can do all the paperwork and small stuff." Gideon said shaking Mabels hand, and then falling in to walk beside her, not letting go of her hand. The fact that she had agreed too the date made him go onto what felt like cloud nine.

"Ghost Eyes! mind the lot Were going in back!" Giddeon shouted as a much larger man looked up and waved towards Gideon. The prison inmate was dressed in a suit but the sleeves had been torn off due to his massive bicepts. They passed him as Gideon took Mabel towards the back of the lot, sitting at his desk he started to pull up the registration for the vespa.

"So Mabel you must tell me where have you been for the past ten years? for me it's been kind of same old same old ever since I got out of Juvie after what your brother did." When he talked about dipper there was a subtle twitch of Gideon's eye as well as his fingers started to hammer away at the keys. "You wouldn't happen to know if he's back in town would you? I mean no offense but you two are kind of part of a set."

Mabel allowed Gideon to guide her to the back and to his office. They passed by Ghost Eyes. Even though the man had a warm smile on his face she didn’t like him. A fragment of a memory flashed across her mind. She turned her head and touched her temple feeling a small twinge of pain, but as quick as it came it was gone.

Mabel smiled and sat down in the chair across from him. “Honestly a lot has happened.” She said with a light shrug. “Dipper and I went back home to California and didn’t really look back.” She said with a bit of a frown more me memories surfacing, but not of Gravity Falls. Much more recent memories of sleepless nights in the hospital, daily morning pills and evening injections. She rubbed her arm but put on a smile hoping she hid the pain, if not well then enough to not make him pry.

“To answer your other question. Yes Dipper is in town too, were staying at the mystery shack. But i really don’t want to talk about Dipper”She didn’t bother to hide how annoyed she was with her brother. Mabel flashed a warm smile and leaned forward “I know you and Stan didn’t ever get along, but do you know what happened to the Shack,or maybe when he left?”She asked. Perhaps some good could come of going on the date with Gideon, perhaps he had a clue as to what happened to her Uncle,and maybe he could help reveal some of her missing memories.

"Oh sweetie i'm so sorry I don't mean to pry." Gideon's usual sugar sweet tone tried to cover up the mistake he had made in asking about the twins, but did note that Dipper was back. He looked sincere when he said he was sorry for prying into Mabel's life away from falls as it looked like it hurt.

"Well I don't know much sadly, like you said Stanford and I got along about as well as a fox and a scorpion. Plus there's the whole I was gone for five years thanks to being in Juvinile detention so I kinda lost track of the town myself, by the time I got back out Stanford and Stanley were on one of their trips, and I think they returned about a month ago, but it wasn't for very long." Gideon was printing out the files, but was making doe eyes at Mabel the entire time he did so.

"As for the Shack, well Soos's wife, Melody was it? couldn't really hold down a job here more than minimum wage, and after she got pregnant the two of them decided to go back to Portland." Gideon drummed his fingers for a moment as if he was pretending whether to let Mabel in on some revelation.

"I'll be honest with you, cause I know that if our seats were reversed you would do the same for me. This Town it ain't doing great. It was founded by miners, and well the mines almost all used up now. People ain't doing the whole tourism thing as much anymore, and well, that's kinda all Gravity Falls had. If I knew stanford like I think I did, well.. He'd follow the money and get on outa here. I would too, but I can't."

Gideon motioned to the outside of his lot where he had three employees. "I'm lucky, When i got out of Juvinile at the age of 18, my record was expunged, and thanks to the whole psychic thing, and my early savings account, well i had enough money to set up a nice retirement for my parents." There was a slight twitch and downcast as he looked at the ground. "But them not so much, I tried to do what I could, build up a new life for a few of em, and I became a pillar of the community for the few that I could help, but... well now I'm stuck with it, and if this town dies, than it's taken their lives with it."

"Now about that Vespa, you paying cash or credit?"

She shook her head and waved her hand. "No worries, it's okay really." She assured him of that. As she listened to him spill about her uncles and what had become of the town it was surprising to hear that the town wasn't thriving, but as she thought on it was it really? Even back then she couldn't remember too many tourist passing through and there were only a handful of kids in the town to begin with. It wasn't that large but it had everything someone would need to survive. Yet from his story it didn't even sound like survival was enough for some.

"That's rather sad to hear. As a kid I remember this place being so different and mystical almost. Now it's like that scene in The Wizard of Oz where Dorothy pulls back the curtain to reveal a lying cheat who had fooled all the people for so many years." She said and lifted her bag into her lap. She fished out her wallet and handed over a silver credit card. "If you could do half on there and then half on this one." She said pulling out another card this one blue. "You know how picky banks can be with their limits and all." She said and laughed softly.

Mabel did swipe a pen and sticky note from his desk. On the first note she wrote her number down and stuck it to his desk calendar, on the other she wrote what little he had mentioned about Stan. That would line up with the time line of the letter she and Dipper received but she wasn't sure it explained the state of the shack. She made a note to stop at the town hall and see when the bills had last been paid, maybe she could convince them to turn the electricity and water back on.

"I honestly don't remember everything that happened way back then but I know you always tried to help the town, it's good you still are."

"Oh Mabel you put it so dower, there's still magic in these old woods, you just need... to know where to look for it." Gideon twitched for a moment his hand going to his collar as he adjusted his blue suit and let out a sigh. Listening that she had lost some of her memories it explained why this was suddenly such an easy target.

Taking the cards he ran them for her as she asked putting five hundred on each as he handed her the paperwork and the helmet. His hand linguring over hers for a moment as he gave her everything. "Hearing you say that means a lot to me Mabel, and I know we had some differences in the past, but gosh I'm just all about second chances and I'm glad to have one with you."

As she gave him her number he was sure he was going to cherish that. "I'll send you a text to set up our date, you drive along now, I gotta get back to work."

Gideon watched Mabel leave with the vespa and as she did he couldn't help but chuckle to himself. "I help this town, because one day I will own it." He admitted to himself, and turned back to his car lot.

She read over the paperwork and signed and initialed where it was needed. Once she got to the last page she turned them back over skimming them one more time making sure she didn’t miss anything. She then handed over the paperwork and Gideon handed over the keys. Along with the helmet.

“I supposed we all need a second chance at least once in our lifetimes, right?” She said with a smile before taking the items and being on her way. As she drove out of the parking lot a cool breeze blew across the town coming down from the mountains. It was one of those breezes that makes you forget about the hot summer air that was to follow.

While she drove Mabel continued to think about the few clues they had. The letters, the state of the shack and now the dying town. It was troubling really. Gideon mentioned them having returned home a month ago but that shack was locked up and didn’t look like anyone had lived there in years. She tried not to dwell on it to much. So she rode into town her first stop being the town hall. She wasn’t able to find out how long the utilities had been off but she was able to turn them on. Next was the grocery store. Just a few things and then she headed back to the shack. To dipper.

Dipper had ran himself ragged, he was sitting on the now dusted and beaten sofa, he had scrubbed and cleaned the wood floors, taken the rugs outside. All while wearing a pink apron to try and keep the dust from hitting his clothes, but in the end it had been a failure, and he was now sitting in boxers, due to how dirty his clothing had gotten he had tossed it all in the wash, and his back pack had a few changes of clothes, but by the time he had gotten done it was past noon, and the summer sun was in effect.

He had forgotten how the wood of this place cooked the insides, even with every window open the breeze only helped slightly, but it was hot, not hottest day of summer hot, but after working as hard as he had and getting the shack livable he had taken some time to unwind in the dark. Then the lights had come on.

Turns out Ducktective was still a thing, Gravity falls cable access was still broadcasting most of their shows, and the corny show that was trying to be a british crime serial and failing miserably was just what he needed to unwind and stop thinking.

Mabel, it was years now and he still remembered feeling guilty about it all. The years that she had been in that hospital had been miserable, like he had been missing half of himself. He was sure he had tried to help a little, but by then he was told he had been feeding into Mabels delusions, he had wanted to visit her but their parents had denied it.

He laid back looking at the T.V. "ten years, and... i'm just as much a failure as Stan." He sighed feeling pathetic, but if nothing else, he had done what he set out to do, the house was clean, he could take some pride in that.

Mabel pulled up to the shack and smiled seeing the soft glow of lights on the inside. She was glad that the city was able to get the utilities on so quickly. That meant she would be able to have a shower and the A/C would be working.

She turned off the scooter parking it next to the steps. She headed inside and heard the television playing something. “Hey! I’m back! I picked us up some dinner.” She had grabbed a rotisserie chicken, Mac n cheese, and some sodas. She walked into the living room which was right next to the kitchen, and other than going through the back door was the only way to get to the kitchen. Under her arm was the helmet. She looked at her brother and noticed how he was stripped down to his boxers.

“What are you watching?” She asked moving to the kitchen while glancing at the television. “Ducktective?” She laughed “I remember being obsessed with that show. I see the power is back on too. Come on. I got us some dinner.” She said with a nod and placed her backpack on the kitchen table. He had really outdone himself with cleaning. The place was actually livable and they would be able to get things done. Mabel searched for some dishes and silverware. She rinsed and dried them off and then set the table.

"Yeah we watched it whenever it was on back then." Dipper said standing up and brushing aside "Apparently even Gravity falls remakes old show concepts these days."

Dipper got up as he stretched and went to meet Mabel in the kitchen, he didn't really have any shame about walking around in his boxers. Dipper had actually gained muscles, in his years apart he had very little to do, and after going through a significant fat phase during highschool he started to go to the gym and work up his self esteem, now adays he was more broad in his shoulders and more well defined with his arms.

"I got pretty much everything clean." He said gesturing around the home, it was as livible as it got. He moved in closer to Mabel after a moment and pulled her into a hug. He didn't really have words he was just glad to see her come back true to her word.

He set up his plate with some food. "I cleaned out the fridge, I honestly think there was something living in there, I almost took a power hose to the thing." He shivered remembering the horror, but now the smell and the horrors were gone. "So tomorrow I can go into town and do some grocery shopping."

She nodded “Yeah I noticed. Thanks. I didn’t think you’d clean the whole house, but you still like proving me wrong I see.” She laughed softly while fixing her plate. She pulled her back pack towards her and placed the cool sodas on the table. "You can have which ever one you want. Except the grape. This one is mine." She laughed pulling it towards her. She took a large bit of the mac n cheese on her plate and nodded. "Yeah grocery shopping sounds good. I bought a motor scooter so that'll make traveling into town easier." She told him and pointed her fork at the shiny helmet on the counter behind her. "I bought it from Gideon. He's a lot nicer than I remember him being." She added taking another bite from her plate.

After mentioning Gideon she didn't give Dipper the opportunity to really comment on that. Instead she went on to tell Dipper how Ford and Stanford had made sure to pay all the bills and takes on the shack and land before heading out of town two months prior. She then brought back up the letters they both had received. How they were dated not to long ago.

When she mentioned she bought a motor scooter he nodded lightly connecting the dots to the noise he had earlier. Dipper tapped his chin for a moment trying to think over everything that Mabel told him. When she mentioned Gideon there was a moment of shock, but it passed fairly quickly. Gideon had done an eleventh hour turnabout and even tried to help to defeat Bill back in the day, he was dangerous sure, but at the end of the day back then he had just been a kid. Now without any of the journals to help him, and with the much harsher penalties that came with being an adult Dipper found himself unafraid of Gleeful. When she told him about how Ford and Stanley had set up shop paying for everything and then vanishing again it didn't sit well with him.

When Mabel handed him the postcard she had gotten he took out the one he had been sent. Putting them on the table he looked at the thing. "Ford was obsessed with codes, and ink. Dipper paused for a moment. "Mabel do you have a UV light on hand by any chance?" He said looking to his sister. "I used to have one, but... During the teenage years it kind of got awkward to carry around."

Dipper shivered for a moment as it affected some inward memory. "Like a Jakson Pollock painting."

Looking at the dates they were a little off. "Mine only arrived at my place a few days ago, I dropped everything to come here. So maybe it wasn't them? maybe someone else sent the letter for them." Looking at the time as he pulled the cherry soda. "Tomorrow we should go to the post office, maybe someone saw who sent the letters?"

Mabel raised a brow at the question as if it was normal to keep a Uv light in her purse. “No Dipper I don’t. Maybe there’s one in the basement or we can buy one tomorrow.” She said with a shrug.

“A...few days.” She mumbled and frowned if something wasn’t wrong before it definitely was now. “How would going to the post office help? These could’ve been sent from any where in the world.” She pointed out.

"They are gravity falls post cards, and they told us to come back here." Dipper gave a shrug, he was tired, and as he sat down all he really wanted to do was eat, and then maybe go ahead and sleep. He didn't have a plan at the moment. He was too tired to have a plan. "Mabel, Stand and Ford are here, they have to be."

He didn't really have a clue as to why he said that, but he had a gut feeling it was correct. "My gut is telling me that there is something bigger going on in this town, and well, I want to figure it out, but I can't do it alone... Mystery twins?" He held up his hand towards Mabel, looking at her for a long moment trying to see if she would take his hand.

"Also I locked the basement up, and stalled the elevator, for right now it's best if we just stay away from that place... gives me the creeps."

She nodded and finished her meal with out an another word. She stood up collecting her trash and looked back over her shoulder to Dipper. "A feeling huh?" She asked placing her foot on the step pedal that opened up the trash can. She dumped her plate into the trash and found another bag that would be recycling. In it she placed the soda bottle. "Well...your gut feelings are hardly wrong." She said turning back to her brother and saw that he was holding his fist out to her. She sighed softly and nodded bumping her fist to his. "Mystery twins" She said with a soft smile "But don't think that this makes everything that's happened forgotten. Like I said earlier today. I'll stick around until we figure out what happened to Ford and Stan" She said and then nodded at his mention of the basement. "Well alright. We'll just buy one tomorrow. Hey! You did clean the bathroom, right?" She asked

Dipper let out a soft chuckle when she bumped his fist, he felt like he wanted to do a fist pump or shout yes, but he knew it was just until they figured out what was happening here. Part of him didn't want the mystery to end, despite the nature of the emergency and missing two of their own family Dipper knew there was no other way for him to get closer to Mabel, and she had made it clear that she at least currently didn't really want him in her life.

"Yeah, we will... work through all of that. Eventually." He was hopeful, but he knew that he had done a lot of damage in the past. "Yeah bathroom's are all clean. I worked on fixing them up, and now with the water and power reconnected, the boiler should be working again, which means you should be able to take a hot shower."

"You take the first one, just remember to run the water for a few minutes first to clear the pipes of anything that got stuck in them." This building wasn't exactly built up to code after all. Ford, and Stan had taken a lot of liberties.

Mabel nodded and thanked Dipper once more for his hard work. She then headed upstairs with her suitcase. Her first stop was the bedroom. She could see that he had even managed to clean up in there too. She smiled softly and placed her suitcase on the bed then opened it. She pulled out some boy-short panties with the word 'tease' printed across the ass, along with an oversized white t-shirt and then her bathroom kit and towel.

"Shower time." She sighed happily and plopped some adorable rabbit slipper socks on to the floor and slo[[ed her feet into them after taking off her shoes. Once in the bathroom, Mabel turned on the hot water and started the shower then undressed. Before stepping in she made sure that the water was running clear.

Dipper sat down at the sofa, it seemed the mysteries in this town were back in full force, and he once again had no idea what was going on. While going through their old room he had found his old cork board. The thing that helped him to organize and write down his thoughts on the last mystery he had to solve. He could hear Mabel getting in the shower, and he sighed as he stretched out on the sofa, looking up at the painting he noticed... something odd.

He paused for a moment looking at it, then moved his hand, and bumped the painting causing it to come off the wall and smack him. He got up from his seat, and looked at the hidden compartment Stan had kept his bug out bag in. "Wait..." The bag was gone, but in it's place there was something here, A familiar red metal, and fabric bound book. Grabbing it, he immediately looked at the cover, the familiar gold lief six fingered hand was printed, with a number four. Dipper let out a gasp, and ran up the stairs.

Not thinking he burst into the bathroom, Mabel still in the shower. "Mabel look! Get out here and look what I found! New Journal, journal 4!" He was histaric and at that point clearly not thinking cause he had just burst in on his sister in the shower, but that hardly mattered, he was holding in his hands proof that their great uncles had been here!

Mabel jumped when she heard the bathroom door fly open and then her brother barge in. She placed a hand over her heart and stood in the stream of hot water for a few more seconds before she turned it off. She peeked out of the curtain and observed her brother then grabbed her towel. She wrapped it tightly around her body and then moved the curtain and stepped out of the tub.
“You could’ve knocked first.” She said with a sigh. She looked down at his extended arms and saw the all to familiar book. “Oh no. No, Dipper!” She said shaking her head “This doesn’t prove anything. Have you even opened it? Is there anything written inside or is it empty?” She asked him.

Dipper didn't even blink seeing his sister whom he hadn't seen in years in just a towel the tight wrap helping to conceal everything yet at the same time she was litterally just a towel away from being naked, it didn't leave much to the imagination, which he had plenty of, but he wasn't focused on any of that. "Yeah I guess I could have, and no I haven't opened it."

So with bated breath he opened it to the first page, and on it was a letter, addressed not to the both of them, but rather to Mabel.

"Dear Mabel,

We know that coming here will be difficult for you, that you never wanted to return to gravity falls, at the time we believed that Summer had to be forgotten in order to assure that a great evil was destroyed, but we were wrong, and we should have defended you. It has eaten Stan and I up for years that we didn't do our part to protect you.

We called you back to Gravity Falls, knowing you wouldn't want to be here. There is something going on in this town, and I fear it has gotten worse from the last time I was here. I fear we won't be able to meet you when you arrive, so I have written down all the clues we could find in this journal. I don't know where we will be by the time you get here.

We love you Mabel, and we are sorry we didn't tell you sooner.

Stanford and Stanley Pines"

Dipper looked at Mabel, and then at the book, he scratched his head for a moment. This was... awkward he looked at Mabel and then pushed the journal towards her to read it.

Back
Top Bottom