Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Star Wars] Privateer

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sso then...If we're in agreement, when do we leave?" The trandoshan spoke, seeming much more fascinated in the surrounding emptiness than his new 'group' appeared to be. The speak mechanics were far more in a ship than the mechanic was used to dealing with, and he was rather curious to inspect it. After the prying eyes of their employer weren't present anymore, of course.

Vella Kain

She puzzled at the craft she was reasonable at mechanics but academic knowledge on technology was not something she had focused on while learning.

"A curious craft" she granted as she boarded, "so going to tell us about what chain of events led to you being in a difficult spot".

Nodding, Deasha'vida would be following the group. She was unsure what she would be doing, at the exact moment, however, there was a general sense of destiny, of something important about to happen. It was not force related (she checked), but rather, it was that combination of intuition and knowledge that whispered to someone, that said that this throw of the dice would be interesting.

Bysk watched as they moved up higher and higher, leaving that rather deadbeat part of town behind. Though skeptical, the trandoshan was willing to go along with this all because he really had no other opportunities on the horizon for himself, he may as well take any job he can to get him started in the new life he was trying to lead. Even if the mission didn't seem to be his forte...

So far everyone had been silent, not like there was much to talk about...

"It all started at least 50 years ago with a design team of engineers led by Project Engineer Shil Tervo. They intended to produce a ship model that would compete with the more popular designs from the Corellian Engineering Corporation that were in high demand during that time. They did not succeed in that respect, but unintentionally managed to create one of the first luxury pleasure craft that was within the average consumer's financial reach. The GX1 original marketing targets were affluent retirees interested in cruising the starlanes in a well-equipped and comfortable vessel without the high price tags of other larger star yachts.

There was a recall of thousands of the ship in 22 BBY, due to faulty electronics. Shil Tervo released an apologetic statement and revealed that thousands of GX1s had left the assembly line with malfunctioning Fabritech 7Y4 sensor suites, although Fabritech officials claimed that it was Lantillian's mishandling that resulted in the hardware problems. To alleviate this issue, Lantillian allowed owners to bring their starships to any Lantillian Spacers' Brotherhood guild office to get their electronics upgraded free of charge.

And that was what fuelled Shil Tervo and my group of engineers to look into a more advanced energy consumption and dispersion method. It took years, and was close to get the budget to build the improved version, when shortly after the Battle of Yavin in 0 ABY, the company was absorbed by the Tagge Company and many of its designers were fired, including Tervo."

Norman sighs, then drones on to give out as much as he could in the given situation.

"So, as you see, it is about a GX one... or more like, it is an advanced GX series ship... With the licenses in other hands, the name is up to debate, but personally I would say, an Improved GX. Because trademark issues, a GiX-R, as in restricted…"

"In the company computers we are building three separate advanced ships... going slow, as we could only work on the thing in our spare time in the past years."

"What got the final okay is not what you will see. The planned ships is not in any way the same as what we really built... on papers, we have three ship ready... In reality... it is just this one. And not that ready. We have a customer, Helanna Darkstorm, who I had the possibility to meet. I am quite sure it was not in person... What I know, is that she is here as the soon-to-be public face of MaCo. Also, someone who would be soon-to-be-dead. We have a mother corporation. Tagge. You should have heard about them. The two corprorations nothing similar, but... their logo is. And thus our real boss does not like the customer... or more like should not like, if they ever met."

The sluissi hisses, but it could be easy something akin to saying "He-he..."

"You sssee it, right, I know thingsss. Hope to act before sssomething bad happensss. She is coming to see if the asked for Luxury upgrades and other personalized things are as as it should... and supposedly pay for most of it... That money is one third of what really went into the materials and other expenses... Her quarters and suites are separate from the main part for the crew, and any basic maintenance can be done without disturbing the luxury suite. There is also a room for the ship's captain, and two other room for the other crew members. While it is built to be fully controllable by three person, if needed another two could be added. The escape pod is for five people. For the crew part."

"About Miss Darkstorm, her suite has a connected small lifeboat... This one. If we take the basic blueprints into account, it should be able to house at least ten people to function as an escape boat... At the moment it is not fully finished, but ought to be her personal hyperspace capable yacht."

"Well, she would need to disappear for her own good. At the moment, there is a newly issued prize on her head, so I am thinking we should be able to somehow acquire it, but she should not be able to say otherwise."

"Er... For the first time we met through hypernode communication, I am quite sure I met a holodisguised woman or maybe a droid. What I know, that I would know... First, I am positive she is not human. Also, from the special accommodations, she is something like us Sluissi, or a Hutt, or some other race without legged locomotion. And she is either trawelling with a group who share her cabin, maybe her bed, or she is around five person big."

"About the ship... well, it is the best we could come up with. Made with the best awailable material."
Norman is quite proud of his job. "But... we ran out of money. There is no navicomputer, no weapons, no sensors... basically the ship works, passive, but has to use this smaller yacht's sensors and computers - and its piloting focused droid brain - to fly."

"But at least the transponder is not activated at the moment. There are options with that... which we can't provide, of course."

"I promise you, it is the best in its size we could have built."

"I could add any components you could pay for right now, or I can give you a place and name where they could do it for you for any components you get from other places."

"We can add a basic NavComp, for 500, a normal for 2000, and an advanced one for 20.000. But an Astromech could do it too, and this yacht with its droid brain can do the basic too. Maybe even better, as we never ran all the simulations...."

"There are also prices for sensor suites... sensor suite computers... sensor suite upgrades... For something like the GiXR, it would be starting at the worse, used ones at 6000... And the high end possibility is around 100.000 new... Double that, and it would even function as a Jammer suite... Then you can buy software upgrades...."

"Well.... He-he..."
which sounds like a hiss-hiss "We have the blueprints and the place for it. But ran out of money to do it right, so... we just put the basic part's money into the ship too..."

"But asss I told you, thiss yacht isss operating at itsss bessst. Able to ssee, navigate, and maybe even use itss hyperdrive to jump the main ssship. Which of course has its own hyperdives installed and working."

It is increasingly obvious that your target is not on the planet, but maybe on board the ship building space station you are getting closer and closer, with a big logo on its side...

Vella Kain

She looked at the ship as the moved while listening to the odd man, "ok - but I am not seeing what you need from us?, or more correctly why you need anything - you have a ship, a buyer, a corporation that pays you, etc".

Running her hand over one of the walls "what is it you are trying to do?".

"We would meet her in the hangar. Then you would take out the ships... err, at lest on paper ... for a trip, a trial run, just to have an accident! ... At least I think there should be one. I have parts of GX ships, so can make a sizeable debris cloud, but we should have at least a hyperdive explode or sssomething to act as a diversion..."

Norman hisses and shakes his head.

"I just need to make it look like it was too good, instead of something going bad... And I can't leave, we sluissi is a big family, can't leave them suffering! I am the lead supervisor, I should be the one punissshed, but hopefully not disssgraced more than to be pushed back to upkeep engineer or told to leave..."

"While I have friends... And I have this idea where we would be taking a short hyperspace jump with the three ships, and the explosion would happen midway or at arrival... something like the three ships slipping into one space or something computer problematic... But, there would be ships already there, jumping away... Not fully thought out, but the simulations is underway..."

He realises that he lost the thread of through somewhere, so he tries to return to it.

"So, I need a legal captain/pilot, or make it an unmanned flight to be able to leave the hangar for the trial run. You are a pilot... And I want to spare the ship, and save the damsel in distress, so it is best to shipnap both... And I can't be the one doing it, or there would be a more throughout investigation, and if they find out ... well, it would be possible death of a dozen, and the loss of just as much family's livelihood..."

Flying towards the specific hangar as you near the space station, it is obvious by the sight and the overheard communication that it is quite defended. What is more, it is even inside the big complex instead of hanging out in the space as at least a dozen big freighter sized ships are. There is a way to fly until you get to the hangar where they are building the 'three' ship...

What interesting snippets you can get from Norman's and the flight control's communication, is that there is some kind of interference in the sensor sweep of the 'yacht', as the sun coming up over the horizont makes the shields and the hull of your transport act differently, making the readings inconclusive... Norman promises to fine tune the whole thing for the next run, but also has to say something about the other three non-sluissi lifesigns on board. What he comes up is you three being a secret mistress for one of the higher ups, or as he says "A Companion with her apprentice and their luggage carrier slash bodyguard." Norman is a little stressed, but still jokes with the tower-person about it being a secret and that he would buy control a round in the cantin the next time...

As you near said hangar, it seems a little big for the not so small brick like object they have inside. It is seemingly in pieces, and the outer hull is missing in some areas. It is a pressurized, atmospheric controlled artifical gravity equipped hangar, easily enough for three ships instead that one. Just like the 'yacht' you are travelling in, the brick is on the verge of being beatiful and just being a heap of metal - as most of the space faring ships are, after all, nobody would see them from the outside for most of the time. A typical Lantillian ship... Must be concentrating on the content instead of the outlook. But still.. It looks... somewhat all-together, even without fully covered and finished.

Overall, with the light flashes and energy flows, it is a starship under work, with dozens of sluissi - and only sluissi - working on it, but there are a couple of droids too, for the heavy lifting and cleaning up. And then you realize what is missing (well, next to the missing sensors and any weapons), the paint. There is no paint, or any writing on the hull, and the only marks are the peculiar finish of the reddish green hued metal and the vein like lines of blue, where it is put together. And interestingly enough, all the melding and other velding work is done under the hull plates, not between them or over them.

As you land, Norman ask you to all stay, and keep a low voice, while he makes sure to put the life-boat-yacht in its place...

"You can't be there in the hangar, after all... I will get to the ship, and you can explore it when there is nobody, or only me there... The luxury sssuite is almost ready, the other partsss is still worked on... But we are almossst finished, if you do not have any money or equipment or wissshes..."

It happens a little while later, a heavy lifter droid moves the 'yacht' to under the ship into its place. Then Norman returns through the access hatch in the roof - through the ship.

"We musst hurry. Mrs. Darkstorm is on her way, and it ssseems that Miss Thagge herself put that price out on her head... She would be here in a hour... I am sscheluding a trial run... Tessting the three ssships, an unmanned hyperdive run..."

"We musst hide that the sship is not full ready... ssshould make her transssfer her ssship she is coming with as part of the payment, then we make her dissappear.... I fear sshe would be fighting back, and thinking ssshe can have the headhuntersss after her... But I want to take the prize.... Sssomething to look good after the loosing of the three ssship... And of coursse the cusstomer should have paid for her ssship fully before that..."

"I get her onboard to the luxury sssuite, you catch her there and keep her ass long ass you can... The sship would launch, and jump further than it is ssset up for the tessst... And I will make sssure we sluissi came out of the whole thing clean..."

"But if she isss ssstill not paid and transssferred her ssship, then you have to help to get her to do it fassst!"

The connection between the luxury suite and the life-boat-yacht is on its top, the main ship operates a lift-plate that makes it easier for most normal creatures to get up and down without having to use the builét in ladder. Of course the 'yacht' also has a door, but it is surrounded by the engines exhaust of the bigger one at the moment. As you remember, it is a ramp, and an airlock, which of course can be left fully open - that was how you got inside planetside. If you remember correctly from the glimpses you caught, now the 'yacht's top, back, and both sides is surrounded by the main ship's armor plates...

Getting up into the bigger ship is faster if you climb the ladder or maybe even jump, but there is also the lift-plate, something that could hold three very friendly person - it takes up a whole "square", as in close to 1.5x1.5 meter. As it is part of the main ship, it is strong enough to lift half a ton, if needed.

(Approximate measurements: GiX-R is a colossal category ship. Lenght: ~35m (115 feet), Width: ~20m (65 feet), Height [hangar floor to the highest point]: 15m (50 feet))
Some similar ships (but these are GX1 ships):
GX-1 basic
GX-1 common
Phoenix main
Phoenix yacht
Phoenix full
Phoenix landed
GX-1 hauler
GX-1 Hauler

You climb or lift up to arrive into the luxury suite at one end. It is basically a spacious main room, with four doors, and a ramp up and out of it at both end. Your end now is occupied by the lift, but as it is a plate, you can walk either way even if it is in use. Up the ramp is towards the engineering section, which is part of the ship that does not have the obvious luxury. At the moment that is where Norman stands, and stops you to cross "We are not really alone at the moment, better stay here until all the inner works are finished and even the last droids leave."

The ramp on the other end would lead to a part like that too, a little bit more spacious, but Norman would try to stop you from exploring out that way too. "That way is the area that would contain the sensors and any additions, with the navicomputer and so on... But as it has an access from the crew level too, we better wait here a little... There is also empty cargo spaces surrounding us, only accessible from outside or the higher level, which is the crew quarters, the bridge, and the hyperdrives..."

The main room holds a Holovision Entertainment Display - the forward area with the walls between the doors to the side, including the ramp in the middle, so it would supposedly covered when the display is active... There is a bar and liquor display on the left side of the room, between two doors, the wall on the other side between the other two door is now looks empty, but trophy holders could be seen - or really anything could be put up on that wall. In the middle of the room there is pillows on the soft carpet, no chairs...
And behind the bar and on the trophy wall, the hull has a reflective cover, so, while somewhat opaque, everything is reflected... even more than once because the two walls, so it make the room seem like thousands of similar rooms. A little bit disorienting if one stays - or lays - in the middle.

The surrounding rooms contain a medical bay, a walk-in sauna and deluxe tub. They are behind the Bar, and not only connected to the main room, but to each other too. On the other side there is a Zero G Meditation Chamber and a room which looks like a galley - kitchen, with places to store, preserve, and make food, and eat it too.

Obviously it is missing a clear bedroom, but among the luxury it is obvious that all of you could rest comfortably in the middle of the main room, and if you want, bith the meditation chamber and the 'bathroom' is comfortable enough to use for sleeping. The kitchen and the medical suite is just the same, but it is less usual for one to want to sleep in those places. If someone asks for the bed, Norman blinks in his usual serpentine way, and gestures to the middle with the pillows. "We are accustomed to just pile up together to sleep, this is enough for a small family unit..."

There is also an exit to the outside, a kind of side door/airlock between the meditation chamber and the kitchen, so it is in the middle of the empty trophy wall, but covered. When it is open, anyone coming through is surrounded by the trophyes, as that wall opens up in the middle and slides- angles, protruding a little bit before the two doors on its sides, but not closing them off fully. So, the first thing to see would be the trophy wall(s) and the bar, with the pillows in the middle. Also, seeing the whole are with a glance would be easy, the most hidden places is the kitchen and the meditation room...

(Again, some measurements: Main oval room (not including the ramps or the side rooms) Lenght: ~16m (50 feet), Width: ~8m (25 feet), Height: ~4m (13 feet); side rooms are approximately 8x4x4m (24x12x12 feet) but the walls curves)

Vella Kain

As they moved she took in the sights somewhat half interested - mostly she mulled the situation in her head, get a decent ship for the price of taking the ship seemed simple enough, kidnapping some hutt or the like could be difficult but they could drop her somewhere if needs be and than either use or sell the ship on the black market.

Looking to her companions "thoughts?" she asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom