Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Star Wars] Privateer

Status
Not open for further replies.
As she talks and looks at the others, she would take their measure, laughing, smiling, and all in all, she would be more expressive as time goes on... in part because she looked to be winning. Granted, she would devote some of her winnings to supplying the others with drinks, nothing too expensive, but at the same time, she would not be keeping all of the money. Only enough to cover her stake, recover her investment... and continue onwards.

That, and as she smiled, she would already have more winnings then the others may realize, or even the reptile himself may have noticed, as he had signed more and more of his freedom away. Really, it was a classic tool of one looking to create indentured servants. She would be friendly, but his debts to her? If she had her way, they would only ever increase.....

The game of dice was on.

Every one of you can see the Verpine mechanic called Bzzt and "the Hapan Prince", Tristian Chisold play against the Twi'lek woman and the Trandoshan. There was more than the green and the human girl watching the last rounds... With Bysk loosing money he did not had enough to even try to mach the pot for the finale.

But the enigmatic and beatiful, also exciting Twi'lek had her luck - or jus tmaybe the Verpine was out of its element, and the very much human looking and reacting Tristian got distracted by all the girls around - even Daesha, the Twi'lek woman was eyeing him like the finest human male specimen.

With an exchange of credits and computer and laminated computerized deeds, the two males came out with the same... Just money, they had lost their items to Daesha, who - not counting her previous winnings - just got lighter by 1500 credits. Not loosing, more like exchanging to the data and material she was now happy to call hers.

It took a little time to extract herself from the crowd and be alone enough to really check the doodad and the deeds.

<Would need computer use and bureucracy checks, whoever tries to check for traps or forgery, otherwise take ten to access. Or you can take twenty, but it would take a hour, at least.>

Meanwhile it seemed that the middle table was readied for the poker party, with small groups working out the premilitary rounds among themselves. After all, anybody could buy chips - with a minimum of thousand credits - but to qualify for the main table, you would need to have at least 5000 in chips to play with. But it seemed that not even Tristian would buy more than six thousand - five, to the later main game, and the rest to spend some time with some human girls - Vella included, if interested.

But Vella knows, the clock is ticking, and at midnight the Sluissi would leave wherever he was - and that information should be found out from the handheld computer in Daesha's hands.

Vella Kain

She mulled her choices for a while - tempted to just back it in and forget about the snake man, but something made her choose to stay interested - maybe stubbornness.

As the game wrapped up she choose to spend the minute focusing her mind in case she choose to manipulate someone again, but seeing the twi'lek woman win she kindof hoped it didn't come to that - she rarely placed such beauties under her power a 'but you love me', 'want to please me', 'would do anything for me' etc quickly took over and than she just had a dedicated slave until she got bored and started trying to undo the programming - the power was intoxicating but she didn't really like who she might be if she started to abuse it overly.

Walking up to the woman she sat opposite her without invitation but with a flirtious smile "well played there" letting her eyes obviously take in the other woman she wanted her either off guard or overly guarded - and flirting normally did one or the other particularly when supported with a more off putting comment such as "but you know that is stolen property - you were here earlier to see that" her smile turned apologetic "property I have been asked to retrieve".

She would seem contemplative, as she won, hands on the device. She would be looking to crack open it's secrets, to unravel the information, and then, depending on just what was there and if she would be able to confirm anything, see if she would return it, possibility using it as a means of leveraging influence or opportunity, or if it would be safer for the information to... quietly disappear. Granted, she wondered if she would need to use one of the favors she so recently acquired, and mentally, she smirked.

Those favors? They were all but selling himself into slavery.... well, indentured servitude, but given how the laws often worked? It may as well be the same thing.

And so, as the woman came up, she would quirk an eyebrow, and seem detached. "I would assume that you have spoken with the owner?" Her tone is composed, calm and measured, as she weighs and considers the woman before her. Granted, a part of her would like her added to her personal collection, but at the same time, she was hardly in a position to be building an entourage. "I would ask, if your impression of him was that of inexperience, or an utter fool?"

Bysk then stood up and moved behind Daesha'vida, arms crossed with an expectancy that made him look like a bodyguard expecting his client to remove herself from a dangerous situation. In reality? He was more so standing in line to get the property he had signed for, the datapad that this woman had come back for. Great...She'd better not try anything with him. While the trandoshan could sympathize more than probably anyone else did in this room for the sluissi male, he had already put too much into this bargain to get nothing out of it.

Vella Kain

She took the woman in as she queried her on the owner, "a fair assumption given that I indicated I am acting on his behalf" she conceeded the claim, "ha - you believe he may not be a mastermind playing a long con?, or that he is not both inexperienced and a fool" she queried in return with a light twinkle in her eyes. "Information can often be a means towards power - why would I trade mine freely on him?" she explained.

Turning to the trandoshan she switched to Dosh "greetings again - perhaps taking my place at the table didn't work out well for you after all, unfortunate but such is gambling" she offered in symphty "may you make it up in the future or avoid such games if you find that better". "I am sure you have business with this lovely lady" she offered him a wink at a potential meaning for what his business might be before getting to business "and I would intend to leave once I have secured the stolen property" her voice turned serious "but I would advise you not to attack her if you intend to seek to your lost credits returned - the authorities would frown on such, as would I", she didn't feel strongly about Norman being attacked for daftness but sore losers at chance games were something that every cheater felt needed to be opposed - if one considered manipulating the rolls of others to be cheating rather than merely natural talent that was.

Returning to the Twi'lek lady and galactic basic "apologies if you do not speak the language, myself and this gentleman spoke earlier and as I suggested he join the table I felt I owed him some advise that might keep him out of trouble in the future".

"Yeah? Well lissten then, lady, I'm not ssome brute looking to attack her. I ssuggest you not make assumptionss...We already made a deal, and that meanss I'm getting that datapad. I don't want I fight, but I'm it just going to give it away, whether you threaten me or not." Bysk muttered then, giving Vella a stern look, but not an aggressive glare. He wasn't looking to start a conflict, but he wasn't about to have the datapad taken away after his deal with Daesha.

"Maybe we can make a compromise? What doess he want it for? Maybe we can both go return it for a reward." Bysk offered then, and considering the man wanted a mission...maybe Bysk could come along and help? He would certainly be looking for a job.

Vella Kain

She smiled politely and returned to Dosh "no offence intended - I have been tempted to seek to recoup loses myself at times" she shrugged "normally a bad idea is all".

"But to business that datapad was stolen during a bar brawl - it isn't yours nor is it our lovely friend's possession, right of conquest is not at play here as it would be on some worlds. We are a people of laws" well it was mostly true.

Sitting back she appraised the Trandosan critically "I suspect that there will be dangerous by the end of this - and any reward is uncertain at best - but if you are willing to take those two risks I would allow you to accompany me".

"Hmph. Say I keep the datapad, are you willing to fight for it? I would prefer the job, but...I have enough unssertainty as it iss. Besides...I owe my 'lovely friend' a lot now, and most of it is for that devisse." Bysk spoke back in basic now for all of them to hear, insinuating that he wouldn't come, or give up the pad, if Daesha didn't come. Without his own ship, Bysk did not want to get stranded away from the twi'lek, and not be able to fulfill the contract in time. On top of that, he was still wary to take the job over the datapad, clearly looking for some sort of initial compensation.

She would nod, and her face would be blank, but amused. "As it stands, one of my theories, and this was given by just how inept he was, is that he never wanted to actually remain hidden, and that the information within is meant to be found." She would then shrug. "I shall copy over the data, and then, you may retrieve the pad from Mister Kan'an here."

She would smile, even as there was something rather... predatory about her eyes. Not something that was nearly brainless and rushed forward, no. The kind of predator that took it's time, gathered what information and advantages it could, and only when it stood the best chance for both success and minimal injury, would it strike.

"I trust that would be sufficient?"

Use Computer (Improve Computers attitude); 1d20+15= 29
Use Computer (Improve Computers attitude); 1d20+15= 27
Use Computer (Transfer Files); 1d20+15= 24

Vella Kain

"So you steal the data from the device and than offer the stolen device to a third party who may than faciliate its transfer back to its rightful owner, your people I though had better legal understanding than that " tilting her head to the Bysk "else this man would have no reason to honour any debt to you - after all he has what he has so it is his".

Sighing "how about you hand over the device to me - I will meet the owner, and you two can tag along if you are interested".

She would actually smile there, and look... amused. "For the most part? Why, my dear, I am unsure if he is actually a criminal or not..." And then she frowns. "Or if this is a move in the great game. That..." And she would smile. "And consider it checking his credentials. After all, and I do ask this as a simple hypothetical, it would hardly do to stage and act, lure in the gullible, who soon enough would find themselves wearing an explosive collar, or have implants on some backwater?"

She would then frown. "As it is, unless you can give me the identity of the owner, so I can check on his past and of he has any connections that would turn out to be detrimental to my health?" She would give a cold smile. "Why, I am fairly sure it would not be remiss of me to contact the proper civil authorities, and hand it over to them."

She would chuckle, and wave a hand. "After all, what proof can you present you are here on the owners behalf?"

Bysk felt a little uncomfortable with the political runarounds Daesha'vida was certainly very fluent in. He did not share the same view as most of the shady characters here that the Sluissi got what he deserved for his insolent behavior, and he truly did feel a little bad to 'steal' the property, though it honestly wasn't that cut and dry, even if the technical law may be on the snake-man's side in the end.

Still, regardless of how he felt, Bysk had left his home in order to come here and try to find opportunity. A properly functioning datapad would be more than worthwhile to get anyway he could, giving him an easier way to communicate, to put himself out there, to start his business. On top of that, he could run programs on it, and any mechanic that couldn't scan a broken ship for an analysis was much less likely to get hired, even if he was a damn good fixer. More people cared about time than a proper repair, in all honesty...With a datapad, he could do both. But for now the trandoshan stayed silent to let the two speak.

Vella Kain

Laughing lightly "wondered if you would note that" she shuck her head ruefully "the owner is a man named Norman, and if you wish to meet him he should still be in the diner across the road, seems to like his food" with the rate he was eating he might still be there and she wondered on if the droids had made any trouble.

"Tell you what - lets head to the diner, if he is there still you can discuss with him. If not I will tell you what I know and we can contact the civil authorities as you like ... somewhere with less ears might be good" frankly Norman was proving more trouble than he was worth at this point.

She wondered, if that come across as something rather different in translation, as that just seemed... well more like a human name. Still, there was something not unlike interest in her eyes, as she would seem to be thinking things over. "I dislike entering a situation without knowing more then the utter basics, particular given the lack of.... discretion that he had shown." She would sigh, leku swaying. Still, she would seem to be getting more... receptive to the idea.

"Mister Ka'an. Consider the first of the four favors to be taking on yourself the simple task of being my bodyguard until the situation is resolved." Granted, he was likely not a particularly skilled or competent a fighter as he has been trying to project himself to be, he was trying far to hard, but at the same time.... well, an added blaster would hardly be amiss, particularly if violence breaks out. A small part of her disliked having to burn the favor so quickly, but at the same time... she would mentally quirk her lips. She would be the one, as far as the favor was concerned, to define when it was resolved.

And so, she would rise, and begin to gather her things... and would keep the datapad on her person.

Bysk's eyes widened some as she gave her first condition, which surprised him not only on timing but in what it was. However, she would find that surprisingly the trandoshan wouldn't argue, or even dispute that he was no bodyguard. He was surprisingly...obedient, in his side of the bargain. Bysk kept his thoughts to himself, but didn't go as far as to think Daesha'vida was foolish to do this. Maybe she was playing off of his stereotype to ward off others, as he often did himself.

"Very well, uh...Miss Vida." He spoke then, as if trying to get into a character that wasn't really his personality, but Bysk had practiced his tough side before, now he had to try and add a formality to it...

While the data itself was not perused, it is obvious that the handheld computer is built together with a life sign scanner, uploaded with a protocol to be able to identify people... and also somehow had a database of the ship and captain register for the planet.

But it also was already narrowed down to a couple of dozen people, most of them human....

With some extra time it was easy to read the whole thing. The coordinates, names, and whatnot on the computer was information that seemed to correspond very well with holonet searches. The first was supposed to be a hangar for sale, but from the date it was up for a long time... The others were public transport stops, travel times, and the adresses for some places - among them the bar you met Norman, the Sluissi.

The names is persons from the 'Most Wanted' list, and also some of the names on the Holonet - from news. Almost everything is from the local neightborhood... Which means that everybody could be at least linked to the specific area of the city-planet.

The other data was a list of coordinates, and access to the area map. Bars, docks, some noname haunts, and the warehouse. Also, the lines and stops for the public transport, and the parking places for some more mobile taxi like carriages.

The deeds from the Prince was another thing, and it just took up space in the Twi'lek's hands at the moment. What was sure that it was countersigned by the Lantillian Spacers Brotherhood. And it was just shares in some code numbered accounts...

When - and if - they arrived to the diner, they would see the droids in a corner deactivated, singed in a heap on each other.

RPG-Girl said:
Smiling, she would consider things, even as she paused a moment, and then, a smirk on her face, would wave her over, as she would look at the others. Really, if she was able to acquire something that was seen as attractive, and whose purpose was to sit on her lap... well, that was considered one of the parts of the gamblers image, was it not?

The green girl actually blinked a little bit when the poised and lovely twi'lek beckoned her over. Shanta hadn't particularly been expecting any better reaction than rolled eyes. She found her smile widening as she made her way over to the other girl's table and slipped in. “Thank you.”

The green girl didn't immediately introduce herself because of the focus on the dice. Feeling the trandoshan's eyes find her cleavage, her cheeks collored ever so slightly. Her eyes moved to the reptile, then she blinked, then threw him a warm smile. Wow... Is he being... Shy? That's so cute.

It was a pleasant little while, 'til it seemed a fight was about to break out over the data pad... Shanta pondered jumping into the middle of it all, but hesitated. She was still pretty sore from that stunner. It made her hesitate.

It resolved, though, and her curiosity was piqued. “Do you mind if I come along as well,” she asked quietly. “My name is Shanta, by the way.”

Vella Kain

Looking at Shanta "I hope you are feeling better, I am concerned that you may be somewhat hot headed - the last time a conflict broke out you threw yourself into it without foresight and paid for it" offering a slight grin "but if you have learned from that I am happy for you to tag along".

Frankly she was very dubious about the green skinned woman tagging along so suddenly but her easy acceptance of such might confuse Vida which could be entertaining - and an extra body was often useful, plus she was innocently cute.

Arriving at the diner she glanced over the scene and approached the guy running it, "so what is the deal with the droids and since I left here not long ago".

Deasha would hum, as she considered things. Really, she would have no issues with it, and it would give an extra body... one that could be used as either a shield, or, if the girl had the sense to be armed, well, in a dangerous spot, every blaster would count. And, it would give her the possibility to fold the woman into her personal entourage later.

And so, she would smile, and incline her head. "If you wish, I have no objections... only mild concerns." Because the human woman was not the only one that would remember her rushing headlong into the fight, and being stunned for her troubles.

Still, after arriving at the dive, she would conceal her... distaste, and allow the human to speak. She knew what they were looking for after all, and so she had no issues... though she would listen to see if anything she said would be a code phrase, that would be the signal for an ambush.

"Heh...we can be a green party!" Bysk grinned some with his joking nature, a light blush covering his green-scaled cheeks red. His eyes would glance to the voluptuous form of Shanta, and then back forward. He honestly respected the woman a lot for trying to help, while their others partners were, perhaps not incorrectly, wary of her brashness.

Bysk looked around as the walked into the Diner, his nostrils twitching in annoyance at the smell of burnt circuits...what had happened to those droids? It seemed Vella was going to find out.

Before the girls and the Trandoshan fully left the Bar behind, Tristiana, the suave and very comely 'Hapan Prince' approached Vella. "If you girls ever have any ship out of this mess, you could call me... Or if you just want another meeting in a more private setting." Giving her a card that could be read by most communicator terminals or computers, the man winked at the human and lightly gestured towards the Twi'lek. With some aftertoughts it could become obvious that he was speaking about the deeds he lost, and not the Sluissi's doodad. ... Or was he?

At the dinner, the propreitor with the two heads - not human, but humanoid - replied to the question with a shrug. "Mom got fed up with the tin cans. They started chirping and he walked over them... Of course somehow they got stuck in the doorway on their way out..."

There is no Sluissi in sight, Norman is not there any more, but neither is the very big man-thing who spoke up against the Binary conversation before.

Vella Kain

She smiled at the prince "might take you up on that" she answered as she took the card and gave it a quick once over, before she moved to the diner.

There she was curious about the entire thing so looked around for cameras that might have captured as the action, would be rare for no access to be available even if only on a decommisioned droid.

"Right lets take a booth for a bit and I can check some things and start to explain what I know from my limited knowledge" she stated.

Use Computer (take 10): 20 - Note if the card is bugged on the software side.
Mechanics (take 10): 20 - Note if the card is bugged on the software side.
Perception (take 10): 19 - Note cameras in the diner.
Mechanics (take 10): 20 - Check the droids for usable parts - such as memory storage.

dancrilis said:
... There she was curious about the entire thing so looked around for cameras that might have captured as the action, would be rare for no access to be available even if only on a decommisioned droid.

Use Computer (take 10): 20 - Note if the card is bugged on the software side.
Mechanics (take 10): 20 - Note if the card is bugged on the software side.
Perception (take 10): 19 - Note cameras in the diner.
Mechanics (take 10): 20 - Check the droids for usable parts - such as memory storage.

The card is a calling card, a high tech businnes card... but it is possible to have some kind of hidden alert or something that would give off the place and time used. But it is almost given, as it is useful to start a holonet call from any part of the galaxy... After the connection is made, either or both (or in some cases any) participant could pay for the call. 'Tristian' is written on one side, with printed calligraphy, the other side contains a 2D but holographic graphic of a Hapan crystal rose. All hard edges and beauty...

There are no cameras in the dinner. Neither there are more computer technology than the credit-payment deductor handheld terminal. At least not part of the dinner or the building.

The two droids are ionized eonugh to be turned off automatically, then a least size 20 (or 50 for us Europeans) boot walked over them with enough weight to dent the plates and slightly deform some other parts. Otherwise they are fully... usable. Just have no packs on them any more. There are interesting scorched lines on them, almost like someone wrote a big X on them when they stood close together, with some kind of energy blade...

Vella Kain

She frowned at the droids - she had heard stories during her research into what type of weapon could do that and she was not eager to meet someone wielding one - there was a force user near the bar earlier and this may have been them, perhaps even Norman.

Tilting her head to the others - "any of you want to guess as to the weapon - I am more practical than theoretical" this was true enough she studied computers and machinery but actual technical theory was not something she had focused on yet.

Taking a seat she began her story, "not much to tell really - followed our friend out here hoping for an easy pay day, I can pilot if a ship is available and he had said he was looking for one, instead he was messy about details - messy enough that I am still seriously considering this night a bust" she sighed, "he had a project at work, something went wrong - but they had a buyer but an inspection messed with the plan, their buyer might have died and now they need someone to ship out and kidnap someone" she grinned "so if true - and to explain my interest - this could lead to a free ship or two"

She let them take in that element "after than I tried to get him to pay me upfront but he indicated that he wanted some proof of ability - i.e get that device, locate him using what is on it, and meet him there in two hours" she shrugged "tried to convince him again to pay up but he indicated he had no money on him - and I am inclined to believe him I can be fairly presuasive - which indicates to me that he is perhaps either a rank amature or a masterful liar".

"So once that was clear he indicated that he the actual payment would be substantial and hear the details of the work" she met the Twi'leks eyes "so you can see there is nothing really here confirmed anyones time - just a gut feeling on my part that there might be something to it and a potential ship for acquisition".

She grinned "so while I would be happy enough I could likely take that off you and let you go your merry way, I don't particularly want to force the issue especially when you might be useful if this goes poorly or if you have useful skills".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom