Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It’s mostly me complaining about musicals in here. And like, one role play request post.

An Introduction
I've decided to take a new approach to my request thread as of the recent changes. But first, I will subject you to learning about me. Naturally, this is optional. You can skip this area and go on your way. But if curiosity compels you then please, continue. I personally just enjoy talking about myself. For anyone who cares, I am NB with she/they pronouns and will happily respond to she/her/they/hey/you stop stealing my food. I do present femme and I also didn't want to make a new request page. I am an age that I sometimes remember. Most of the time I find I am tired and that is my life.

There is something I feel people are mistaken about. I don't come on here for a turn on. I enjoy mature themes and adult writing. If you ask me about the kinks I will do, it really has nothing to do with what turns me on. I play to my character, the things they like are not necessarily thing I enjoy. It's not about that. There are many talented people here, everyone here is an adult(I hope), and I have a lot of fun experimenting with characters and ideas.

I could probably give you a range of experience, but at this point I can no longer remember. I've simply been roleplaying and writing for quite a few years. In fact, I have an English degree and focused on creative writing and I am well aware that I am probably screwed in the job market. So that's fun. But I write because I love it. Characters, story, drama, adventure, magic. I love it all.

Availability
Generally speaking, I like to be available to reply at least once a week. I will try to let you know if something is coming up, but if I just up and vanish, chances are I will return and explain. I lead a hectic life these days and somehow working from home I have less time. Honestly, feel free to nudge me if I have seemed to completely vanish, most likely I didn't realize I was gone that long. I am also not always capable of replying if I AM online. I actually check Bluemoon on my phone but I prefer to make replies when I have a computer available. So don't be offended if my profile says I'm online and I haven't said anything to you.

Roleplay Mediums
PMs. I may consider e-mail, but primarily I will roleplay through PMs. I've tried threads, I don't enjoy them and it has never gone well for me. Please don't try to convince me otherwise, I assure you it will not work.

Contacting me
I hope I don't have to ask given the rules. Please don't post here. Just message me. This is here as just a reminder, I want to make sure it's there. Also, I know this is a long looming thread, but I honestly really don't mind talking to people. In fact, I really like it when my partners like to talk outside of the rp. Sharing ideas, music, etc. So don't be afraid to just talk to me.

On a side note, if you find zero interest in roleplaying with me but are someone who wishes to have long conversations about musicals, feel free to message me.

About You
So, personally I don't really care who you are on the other side. Male, female, a bear who learned to type, what have you. You don't have to tell me except if you're a bear because I have questions. The only thing I ask is that you not be a jerk.

Definitely not happening
My F-list is below, but there are some definite buzz kills here that I will go over.

Same sex main character love interests as the only pairing: This is just something I haven't dabbled in enough and I am a little nervous writing. I am absolutely willing to have a pairing of the same sex I would just like some comfort zone buffers is all.

All sex no plot: This is the most boring thing in the world to me. I'm not the person for this. In fact I'll state it here, spicy scenes are bottom priority for me.

Modern day without supernatural/fantasy elements: I live in today, why do I want to roleplay it, too?

Avoiding conflict/drama: I don't know if you've ever enjoyed a story, but in most cases conflict is needed. Avoiding it is just terrible. When something is thrown at a character and they just go 'oh hey, it's fine, no big deal!' then why the hell am I here? It all just falls flat and there is really nothing to continue on with.

Romance only roleplays: I love romance in a story, I do. But if that's all, it gets stale fast.

First person perspective: This is something that I cannot seem to stand in roleplays. It is unappealing to me and a little disorienting when I write in third person perspective only to get something in a different POV.

One Liners/tiny posts: Nothing kills me more than me putting so much effort into a post and receiving one to two lines in response. I just can't do it. I feel like we should both be working to move the story along in scenes and just saying 'yeah, and then they did that.' and ending it there is truly disheartening. I understand not every post needs to contain many paragraphs, sometimes certain short posts move the story along no big deal. But when it is only a couple of sentences that does not move anything along and this becomes the trend of responses, I will very quickly lose interest.

The good stuff
Now down to the reason you're here. My interests and ideas. I know it's listed above, here is my F-list. Most of my maybes are negotiable as I do play to my character so my own likes and dislikes are generally irrelevant. So, onto things I DO enjoy.

Third Person Perspective: This is the POV I write in, and this is the POV I hope that all my partners respond. I know that sounds harsh, but it has happened to me too often after stating I will not do stories in other perspectives.

Already established relationships: I like to be able to jump into something and not have to have a whole introduction and how they met, etc. In romantic relationships it is interesting to strain them and see how much they can take or if they'll survive. And even break up, romantic love is never perfect and these bumps in the road pave the way for interesting character growth.

Revolution/Rebellion/Uprisings: It's one thing to fight each other, it's another to deal with the relationships of people who are in constant danger in fighting their rulers. And beyond that, how they interact with people on the other side.

Secret Relationships: I love the tension of needing to sneak around because it could result in death or ruin a reputation. There are interesting hoops to hop through and it's always a lot of fun.

Cruel guys with sweet girlfriends: There's something adorable about a guy who is willing to cut off the fingers of one person with a sweet lady he spoils. These probably work best with side characters, but still a concept I enjoy.

Jekyll and Hyde types: There's something interesting about seeing the worst side of a person completely manifested into one and then switching back to someone kind and reasonable.

Drama/Conflict/Tension: A story is nothing without it. Well, it's not enjoyable to me without it. If there is nothing in the way and it is all a smooth journey, then why do it? Everything has a consequences. Embrace it and the story will be better for it.

Fantasy: If I haven't said it enough, it is my primary go to. Unless we're going medieval/Victorian/past nonsense, I am unlikely to do anything that does not have fantasy or supernatural elements. It doesn't need to be heavy or normalized in the setting, I'll work with varying degrees.

Flawed Characters: I feel like I shouldn't need to put this here, but here it is! No one is perfect. In fact, perfect characters are really just flat and uninteresting. I don't care if your character is a loving Adonis. Who cares? I'm more interested in the mistakes to come and the scars that will be gained.

Dying Healers: I love magic having a cost and with that comes my love of playing dying healers. That the cost of being able to save lives is to slowly lose their own.

Adventure: Going from place to place discovering new things and new dangers. It's one of my favorite things.

Revenge: Being consumed by revenge can lead to different paths. In some cases acceptance. In others, destruction of oneself. Insanity. And so on. It's all rather interesting and I find it fun.

Convoluted Stories: Hell, if we're making it, why not make it as complicated and dumb as we want. Obviously there are some limits to that, but I don't mind having a billion hills and valleys.

Love triangle/squares/shapes: There's a lot of fun in messy relationship situations. This person loves this person, but they're into someone else and so forth. I thrive on conflict.

I will destroy anyone who has harmed a hair on your head: No notes. Just a thing I like.

New Ideas: Honestly, don't be afraid to bring up new ideas. I'm actually craving it. The worst I can say is no. Even if it's not my speed, maybe we can formulate something completely new.

My Ideas
I'm not going to put up everything about a story here because then you will know just how insane I am. So, instead, I will give a brief description and pairing ideas. I'll give the rest in a PM. If pairings are listed, the bold one is the role I plan to take.

Particular cravings:

The Coldfire trilogy. Nothing specifically from there, more taking some elements going on from it. If you're read this trilogy, go ahead and just message me because I have some thoughts and I need someone to talk to about those.

Vampires. I'm viewing a lot of media based on vampires and I'd like to explore some ideas of them. Whether it be taking a gothic approach of the monsters that represent our fears and desires or exploring the more urban fantasy struggles of them. Either way, I'd like to check it out. Heck, I might even be interested in toying with some Vampire the Masquerade classifications. I'm no expert but it'd be fun to try out. My biggest interest is exploring someone like Lucy who I believe to be the biggest threat in Dracula, someone who acts as prey to lure in her meal rather than go hunting like the other vampires. Also Astarion happened, so there's that.

Demon apocalypse human rebellion. Got some complex ideas, I just wanna do it.

Bored Tryant. I got through some inspirational stuff in Final Fantasy 14, and I liked Zenos. So I would like to toy with an utterly twisted relationship.

Forever
Vampire/Immortal

He knew loving a mortal could only ever lead to pain. So why? Why was he so foolish to fall for her? 'Till death do us part' was a vow he knew he would have to face if she did not take his eternal curse. It came swift, it took her too young. But when she woke again, she was a new person.

Cursed
Demon trapped in a warrior's body/Runaway

When you hear true love in a fairy tale, it is always the young hero who wins the maiden. The brave and handsome warrior. Not the monster he is meant to kill. So why is it, then, that the damsel in distress they found prefers the monster? What secrets does she hide?

Breath of Life
Reckless warrior/Healer

Life was complicated from the moment she was 'blessed' with the ability to save lives. The only cost was her own. Losing herself a little each time she used her gift. Yet still, she chose to follow a man who went without care, losing his life as if it was something easy to dispose of. In a world so dangerous, why did she choose him?

Obsession
Love triangle!

She was young and easily pawned off to a rich man who would stop at nothing to have her. Forgo a dowry, give the family a comfortable sum of money. Keep her in his home even before a wedding had taken place. He had to have her. Yet he scared her in every way possible. How foolish of her to think she would be able to enter a marriage for love. Perhaps that was what made her vulnerable to an affair. Yet what safety can their been under the roof of a jealous man?

River of Styx
Hades/Persephone

I would just very much like to do anything with these two. Whether we go with the classic myth or decide to do a modern twist on it all. I'd be happy to hear new ideas or share some of my own.

Fandoms
This will be a short list. I almost exclusively do canon/canon ideas, though. Not all of these have to be done in the original settings.

The Adventures of Duan Surk
Agnis/Duan

Final Fantasy VI
Terra/Locke
Daryl/Setzer

Final Fantasy XIV
Au Ra/Hyur
I more want to work in the setting rather than anything canon.

Mixed Final Fantasy
Locke/Terra/Cloud

Legend of Mana
Heroine/Elazul

Valkyrie Profile
Lenneth/Arngrim

Dragon Quest V
Bianca/Hero

Experimentation
As of late, there are some things here and there I would actually just like to try or incorporate into a roleplay. They're really closer to prompts.

The Gothic: Crumbling/decaying homes and lifestyles. The sense of horror and dread at what is happening. Insanity, fear, or debauchery that looms over and plans to destroy their lives.

Something inspired by Drakengard: This one is weird as I have never played any of them. However, I am interested in trying something inspired by 1 or 3. The price of pacts and the like. The unhappy or bittersweet endings. Or things that are just outright strange.

Concubine out for blood: I don't have a complete idea for this, but it's something I would like to test out. A faraway princess captured and forced to be the usurper's concubine. Only for her to be plotting to kill him and take her birthright back. Perhaps have an affair with her former betrothed and plot together how they will take the kingdom back.
As they danced together she says "You know I belong to someone."
He says "I know." With a grin and dips her, "you belong to me."

Mystic Messenger Inspired: I found myself back in this game. I wouldn't know how, but I certainly wouldn't knock anything inspired by it. Even bad endings. Especially bad endings. Unless it's Zen or Yoosung. I just...no. 707 is always my favorite. And Unknown.

Star-Crossed: I would just like to try something that will always end in failure. If it is repeated or if no matter what they do it simply cannot be. An element of futility is sort of interesting. Knowing that no matter what is done the result will be the same because the stars are so angered you must be punished.

A list of things I've read, don't want to roleplay but include ideas I like: The Remarried Empress, Under the Oak Tree, When Fate Finds Us, The Last Straw, I've Become a True Villainess, Like Wind on a Dry Branch, Karina's Last Days, My Happy Marriage, etc.

Last edited:
Turns out I was super depressed and had literally no capacity for creativity for a while. So that's grand! But I suppose I'm trying to make what one calls a come back? So, there's that.

Okay, so, I have some thoughts. And since this is my thread where I cannot be contested, I SHALL POST WHAT I WANT. So, I tried to watch the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, I did. I REALLY wanted to like it. Especially since the trailer seemed like it would have a healthy mix of camp and spooky. Like it would be freaky, but they would crack jokes and it would be an overall fun time. All all here for it. Then it came and I excitedly watched the first episode and it waaaas.....

Boring.

I don't know how that's so much worse than just being bad, but it is. I'm so, so disappointed by it all. I'm not saying Sabrina the Teenage Witch was a masterpiece, it's not, but it's still fun. That's all I wanted, it to be fun! I'm glad Netflix gave me a consolation prize Salem in the form of Rankle in Curious Confections of Christine McConnel, but I wanted THAT Salem to be catfishing men on the internet and having zero pride and just being the best shit bag cat familiar. But instead we have a cat only Sabrina can hear. I wanted them to have fun but it takes itself so seriously and makes no jokes about it. Like it tries to but that all falls flat when the rest of it is meh. I caught bits of the comic and that's based in the 60's and is hyper aware of how silly it is, but in making fun of those hyper self serious and absolutely ridiculous scenarios, it works. It has asides with Sabrina being worried about Satan and also what to wear to the homecoming dance in the same sentence. It also shows bits with her dad when he was younger and shows him having this disturbing ambition, power, and thought processes. This same kind of ambition and overconfidence that Sabrina has and it's super interesting because knowing where this path leads makes it more nerve wracking to know that this will make Sabrina fall flat on her face. But the audience just gets to see them paint her dad as some sort of saint in this group of devil worshiping witches. I guess they're hoping to create the whole shocking reveal that her dad was actually the worst and they sort of set it up with the whole baptism thing and her parents not trusting each other, but I hate people poorly trying to pull the rug out from under my feet and instead using the much more effective and infinitely easier tactic of using dramatic irony instead. But nooooooo, let's just suck at this for shock value. It's annoying. Maybe they'll do better in season 2 but I'm not sure I'll be there for it.

Spending an evening looking through vampire reviews to listen to at work tomorrow. So that's grand. But like, Only Lovers Left Alive sounded pretty interesting. So there's that. I want more Clemps podcasts. T^T

Evidently I'm a walking spoiler for Nier Gestalt and can't be around Ryan when he plays. He gets to the part where he encounters a wolf and I just started sobbing uncontrollably. 'Is there something I don't know?' Yeah, OF COURSE THERE'S SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW! YOU HAVEN'T EVEN REACHED ENDING A!!!! And so, I may be banned from being in the same room as Nier until further notice.

So a thing I hate in all like prequel stories is when they decide to take something that is iconic with a character and go 'look, there's significance! This person who is not an element in the story you know had this/gave it to them and it was this big emotional thing!' I mean, I didn't really need to know that. These things don't always have to be symbolic, they can just...be. People get nicknames by knowing others. People could have weapons or items and it can just exist without explanation. There's a point when you inject too much to pander to fans of the first story where it's just too much and stops having meaning.

You know what I don't like? It's shot per shot remakes of game. It's just....the same game with a new coat of paint. Like I probably don't have a whole room to talk since I enjoyed Let's Go Eevee, but I actually didn't start playing Pokemon till I was in my twenties soooooo.

Anyway, with the news of the remake of Link's Awakening got me excited because it's cute and I really like that game, but it also looks almost exactly the same. Like they just mapped over it. Which...isn't good. I'm still gonna buy and play it again, but, doesn't make it good. The problem with it is that Link's awakening is a cute fun little game, but it has some major problems. I really hope they decide to fix those instead of just giving me the same game again that just looks better. But eh, I feel like if they moved a blade of grass someone would find something to hate. So, here's hoping it's still a fun experience. As the fool I am, I'll be all over that like jam on toast.

Okay, I hate it when death in a story has no meaning. I’m not talking about the point of their death being that it was a meaningless death that didn’t need to happen. I mean when it’s literally there to just...I guess motivate a character without earning it. The second Kingsman is a prime example. The deaths are sort of BOOM, and then the rest of it never really matters again. It isn’t lingered on and I guess they sort of want you to feel that it happened to jump start the plot, but that’s it. People are mentioned like once or twice after and it really doesn’t matter outside of that. There were better ways to do that instead of leading to drinking a bottle and having the plot contrivance. Death is something that needs to have some sort of impact. It’s permanent(except for comics) and it is devastating. A life is a complex thing and when there is no weight to taking it away and if it adds nothing to the story, then why have it? To make the reader/viewer sad? That’s really dumb. Les Miserables has the death of a child, yeah there’s minimal lingering, but it’s a blow to the stomach. This child is an actual character in the play, at least, he runs in while the rest of the characters yell at him to come back while he’s helping them, and then he dies by multiple bullets. This works because it’s there to show the audience that children were not exempt from this. But otherwise, deaths that serve no purpose to the narrative sort of hang there like a quote being used in an essay with no tie in. Why is it there? One COULD argue that they’re trying to emulate real life by making it sudden and do nothing, but at the same time, you’re literally creating a story. You can MAKE meaning. It’s not real, and if you want to have the sudden feeling and be like ‘sometimes this just happens’ then make a point of it! Because otherwise you’ve got a weird skin tag there and I just want to remove it.

So, there’s my needless rant of the day

So what I learned this week is that Dracula was never based on Vlad the Impaler. So my world view has been changed...well not significantly, but at least a little! That being said, Dracula used to have a super lame name so I’m glad that got changed.

Just finished up the Coldfire series and I feel weird about it. Like, I am both happy and disappointed at the ending. It was like one scene brought it from like an 8 to a 6 and the final scene brought it back up to a 7. I guess just when something is interesting but middling it's a little maddening. Like I expected more. Then again it was the author's earlier work. The problem was that the two main characters and their interactions were fantastic and SO well done. The story elements and flavor was great. BUT the female characters would have a great premise and then just end up not being very good. Like I felt like the author either wasn't good at or was afraid of writing female characters. Which sucks to see. Also all the final boss stuff would sort of fizzle out rather than have a satisfying encounter. That KIND of felt like the point. I won't try to infer authorial intent. But I will still take issue with the final book feeling very rushed. With pretty consistent pacing in each book, ending with hastily tying up loose ends felt very...meh. Ah well, I completed it and it is now a thing I have done.

So death rituals around the world are pretty neat. Anyone wanna talk about those? Cuz there are some pretty cool ones. In Colorado in one town you can have a funeral pyre, but only if you're a resident of the community. It's the only state that allows it and only in like two places. So, we should have more of that. Especially since I believe the entire process is relatively cheap compared to the cost of an average funeral. Something like $500+?

Okay, so if I ever become famous I would use my platform to bring awareness to and raise money for end of life care. Because we’re all gonna die like it or not. But more money is spent on extending life and people who have that kind of money don’t want to think about the possibilities of the end. Well, no one does really. But we should put funding into caring for the dying. They deserve to feel comfortable and well taken care of.

Okay, so Phantom of the Opera is basically the perfect musical. It’s not like good, but there is enough fluff there to give you a good experience and make you feel like it’s amazing, and like, kudos to Andrew Lloyd Webber for making a musical out of his autobiography, it’s great. But here’s the thing, that book is riddled with like the dumbest people, and like Erik may not have been dumb but he is childish and also the bar is set super low. We got Christine who should be in someone’s care, like seriously she will believe like anything anyone says and her plans are terrible. Raoul is just awful. And the best character, the Persian, doesn’t even get to be a character until the latter half. Also, there’s this dude who is like made of fire and they’re like ‘I bet that’s an interesting story. Ah well, to the Phantom’s torture chamber!’ And they just move on and it’s never mentioned again. How did this novel become adapted so many times in films and then as the longest running musical?

All these E3 announcements and I’m just like ‘is it bad I just want the new Animal Crossing and Rune Factory 4?’ And the andwer is yes, but I’ve got a bunch of unplayed games sitting in my room. But I hope it’s a good E3 for everyone else.

Well since it’s that time of day I’m about to get educational for anyone who bothers reading it, which is probably 0 of you, but like, can’t hurt right? Do you have an advanced directive? Well you should. In the event of your untimely or incredibly likely death, you should have a form that’s like ‘yo, this is what I want done to my body’ or ‘hey if I can no longer speak for myself these are the decisions I want you to make and who to make them.’ Save some legal trouble, and it’s not super hard. Just look up your location + advanced directive, and go from there. For the unexpected, you may ease some discussion and make things easier for what happens next. Think about these things, it’s important.

Oddly almost everything in the Nintendo direct were things I wanted. Breath of the Wild 2 to see more Zelda, Seiken Densetsu anything really but getting an official release AND remake of 3 was not expected, more DQ stuff, A glimpse at Animal Crossing. Been a good Nintendo direct for me. I hope Rune Factory 4 remake happens soon. I need to marry a horse on switch.

On the note of my earlier expression of end of life care, anyone who can, please consider your elderly relatives. This is more from a personal standpoint, but seriously, provide the best care you can. The elderly do get abused and sometimes cannot tell you if/when it is happening. Check in on your loved ones, and do not tolerate abuse. Even if it is from family, don’t ignore it, don’t try to settle it. Call the authorities if you have to. They are not people you have to associate with if they are hurting the people you love.

They gave me footage of the switch version of Rune Factory 4, but no release date. Why do you hurt me, Nintendo? I would like to know when I can marry a horse in blurry HDs. Please, let me marry that horse in HD now.

So, bad thing about Rune Factory 4, there are three arcs and the third one is triggered by an entirely random town event. So like, you just have to either wait and see, or become really good friends with two towns people, save, go to sleep and if they run out of the room at the same time, it means the event started. That’s just dumb. No other part of the game other than marriage is like this.

Back
Top Bottom