Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Adalies Blood Adventure (Sausage-sama & RPG-girl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Celestine

Supernova
The winds of magic howled threatening to shatter the ancient manor in which Adalie Von Carstein resided. The manor was regal and resplendent had fallen into disrepair, mere peasants couldn’t fix the damage time had done , no it required skill stone masons which in turn required wealth and a lot of it, something the previous owners didn’t think was worth the money.

Markus fields was ancient, sometimes it seemed even more so than the manor. By human years he was at least 85, although his date of birth was never properly recorded. He had faithfully served the Von Carsteins and the owners of the manor dutifully since he was merely a boy.

“My Lady Adalie” he croaked slowly bowing as best he could, “I have some grave news, the peasant murders” he said in a calm voice not wanting to anger his lady with this bad news, last week 5 peasants had been slain when collecting the harvest and now it had reoccurred. “this time a farmer and his family of 7 slain in their beds. The killer left a note my lady” he whispered, as he held a silver tray out for her containing a piece of dirty parchment.

6ecd34096b2049894d5c4ae9e7540ee7.jpg

She would have given the orders when they had first began, her eyes glowing as she looked out at the small village. It was not much, a collection of hovels with a few better ones that were the local inn and the mayors home. Granted, the mayor served at his lords sufferance and mostly served as a means to interact with the lower class beyond the feedings, to handle the petty administrative tasks. And then, this sort of thing occurs? She was but recently raised to oversee this village, and lips curled into a annoyed sneer, eyes flashing a brief red as fangs slipped out for but a moment.

Still, she was hardly angry at Fields. That one was a loyal and useful servant, and while she would not grant him the blood kiss, internally she would sneer at the mere thought of it, she was planning on a reward for him sometime, to allow him to serve forever. It would after all, be the perfect reward for his lifetime of service. Still, she would fold the paper, placing it back on the tray, as she nods, composing herself, nodding to her servant, as she would rise. "Markus." Her voice is deceptively calm, controlled. "I require those that live in the hovels next to the one where the message was found."

She would then think for a moment, before continuing. "Do any of my subjects possess hunting hounds?"

Markus watched carefully as his lady read the letter, although her piercing yellow eyes didn’t show it he could tell she was angry, he feared for the poor soul who had to face her wrath. “No my lady the previous lord of the manor banned all subjects from owning hunting hounds, the only animals allowed to be kept are cows, chickens and goats my lady” he said slowly.

“The ones near the attack were the ones who brought the letter here my lady, let me go fetch them they are waiting outside the manor” Markus drawled as he slowly hobbled out. Thankfully he only exited the room and sent another servant to fetch the one survivor who had lived in the barn on the farm. 15 minutes later a rough looking ugly man appeared in front of her. “Ello the old guy said you wanted to speak to me Lady” he said, as he spoke it was clear he was missing most of his teeth, Markus was thankful his sense of smell had dulled as the peasant was positively filthy.

1399e72c676e324692b4a391abbfd6c2.jpg

She would crinkle her nose, but would not comment on the creatures filth. Frankly, she was used to it, and applied perfume helped a great deal, even if really, it may have been asking too much, but why could these creatures not bathe? So, she would sigh, and wave a hand, as she looked at him. "Your neighbors have been murdered, and their killer has thrown a challenge to my face. I require details, those strangers who have to the village recently, those that have murmured dissent. If the information you will provide," and from her tone she will be getting the information, "I will waive the rent on the home of the family of the one that brought me the information for the next two months."

She would smile, and look at him, her expression pleasant and disarming. "I trust that after you share any information you possess with me, that you will inform the others of the seriousness that I regard the situation?" She would chuckle then, clucking her tongue on the roof of her mouth. "The killer shall of course, face justice from the slain."

Charm (TN 73); 1d100= 47

(Test of Skill passed)

The peasant looked at Adalie carefully unsure whether her eyes were really glowing , or if it was just the light of the room either way he was pretty terrified, her voice chilled him to his very core. “I require no reward I-I live to serve you” he bumbled out half afraid and entranced by her beauty it was conflicting emotions, one moment he felt an erection rising, the next he felt like he would piss his pants in her presence.

“I only heard a rumour, my neighbour he said he found some sort of glowing stone in his field. A week later he said some guy had paid him handsomely for it and I should keep a look out, said it was some sort of monstrous fellow, giant rat or something I don’t believe him I think he’s mad my lady” the peasant managed to spew out thanks to her charm. “Thank you I am sure my lady will need time, please wait outside” Markus said even the stench of that peasant getting to him at this point as the man left.

She would narrow her eyes and there would be a single word hissed out. "Skaven." Unlike the rest of the empire, the dark county remembered, or at least the von Carstiens remembered. Not much to be sure, but enough to be both wary and know that they are not the spawn of superstition. Oh, she does not have much in the way of details, little in the means of actual damn facts. All she knew was that the damn things existed, and that they had....

She would turn to Markus, and speak, her voice annoyed. "The time?" She would have to rise the dead and remove the strange rocks, which, sound somewhat.... magical.

Markus looked at her as he slowly spoke, “it is 7pm Milady do you wish to feed or shall I have your carriage brought out if you are planning on leaving the manor?” Markus asked as he looked at the old grandfather clock on the wall which showed the correct time. She seemed angry something Markus rarely liked, and whatever that idiot peasant had said to her had only further agitated and spoiled her mood.

Markus inwardly sighed, it was becoming harder and harder to keep up with his masters moods as his body was beginning to fail him he could no longer run and fetch items, or complete errands as he once did.

She would compose herself, and smile at him, and there was something resembling fondness in her tone, as she looked at him. "I shall have to head out, and shall forgo feeding for the moment." She had work to do. For all that the mortals are cattle, short lived creatures whose value is only in the service provided for her, they were hers. And thus, as their lady, she owed them a measure of protection. That it would be the same as a farmer looking after their goats or cattle before the culling went without saying, but still.

She would incline her head. "I shall prepare a message, as there are a number of things that I shall require in the coming nights." Hounds and rat catchers would be the main ones, though... "I shall also require an inventory of the estate, if the supplies are ready to shelter the peasants in case their needs to be consolidation." She had some small skill at tactics, and at the moment, she was on the defensive. She needed scouts, needed to find the location of her enemies and crush them for this effrontery.

Her lips form a tight line, as she sighs and shakes her head. "If this is what I assume it is, based on the family histories, we may require a peasant levy." But only if there was not enough time for her to call forth the dead, went unspoken. She could but raise three zombies a day, as of yet unable to master the lores of the necromancers. Still, she would fight in the forefront.

Markus listened attentively as best he could making a mental note of all her requests and needs, “we have one resident rat catcher, the hounds will be neigh impossible to get however Milday at least any time soon, we would need to send someone to another province or the market at a city. Since the previous lord of the manor had all hunting dogs killed, I believe he said our kind don’t need them for hunting” Markus drawling the words of his previous master.

“We have 20 guards stationed at the manor, all have been trained in combat before. We can raise a peasant levy, if you so wish but the famine struck people hard, I fear they may not be fit for combat” Markus said to her. “ I shall go retrieve and inventory of everything in the manor, and prepare a coach for you to leave whenever you wish” he said giving her a bow.

She would calculate and rearrange her plans, face her usual calm and aloof self, though there would be hints of the monster beneath, the annoyance and rage just waiting to lash out. "Send for the rat catcher then, and the guard captain. They shall have work to do in the coming days." And so would she really. She would have to animate the corpses and store them in the crypt, build up her undead forces so common to her kind. And then of course she needs to sort through the mess her predecessor left, get the villages economy prepared, deal with the food shortage, and in general try and secure her power base.

Internally, she would sigh. In a way, a challenge means that things would take her attention, but at the same time? She wished she had more time to prepare, and more resources to work with. Still, this was what she had, and so she would work with it, as she waited for the men she summoned to be brought before her.

Markus went off as quickly as he could sent another servant to go fetch the Ratcatcher, while he went to the barracks on the estate and found the Guard Captain. Markus arrived 30 minutes later, with two men in tow “Milady I have your inventory of the entire estate, as well as your holdings and food and weapon supplies” he said handing her a brown parchment with neat handwriting and a very long list of items on.

Meanwhile the Captains Guard Erik Sternriter stood to attention, he was a tall man more so than everyone else in the room standing at 6’10 with very dark skin not like most humans from this land. “Oh Milady I don’t know if I have mentioned it yet, but this is the Guard Captain, we call him Urok. He’s a mute, the previous lord found him on one of his trips, he didn’t have a name, but he goes by Urok according to the last lord of the manor. Urok here slew a Orc Warchief with his bare hands.” Markus said, as he informed her of the mans status. Meanwhile the ratcatcher looked a little nervous and said nothing.

Guard Captain
Ratcatcher without the rats on his shoulder of course

She would nod, and place the parchment on a small table near her throne. It was a very humble one, but it was still a throne. At the mention of the captains particular injury, she would rise an eyebrow, but would merely seem contemplative. Still, she would nod slowly, before addressing them. "Neither of you have incurred my displeasure, but are here in the capacity of your duties." She would turn her eyes on the Ratcatcher then, before continuing. "A Skaven has been sighted, along with is a particular form of rock that is my property."

Oh, she could recognize Wyrdstone when she heard it described, and she would claim all she could for herself. "The creature has begun to kill my vassals, and this..." Her nostrils flare a moment. "Displeases me. You shall have a license for you and your family to acquire and breed rat hunting dogs, the first three breeding pairs to come out of my coffers." She would lean forward a moment.

"Make no mistake. This is not generosity on my part, but the fact that you are the one trained for the job, and my predecessor discarded the tools necessary to protect this land from the damn rats." Her gaze would quickly turn to Urok.

"What means do you have to communicate with myself and your men, and what is their readiness."

“Skaven, yes I have heard only tales of such creatures. It will not be a problem, with a few hounds I can track it down. Alive or dead? As I normally take them dead, alive will be trickier with rat creatures like that” the ratcatcher wheezed through his mask, his lungs fried through the excessive use of dangerous chemical he used.

Urok on the other hand merely opened his mouth showing it to her, it looked completely normal except there was no tongue. He pulled off a dirty metal square object from his belt holding it out for her, as words appeared in a small glow of green ‘ My men understand hand signs, although I communicate better with one person through this. The last lord of the manor gifted it to me’ the magical object read. The writing soon vanished and a new wall of text appeared ' my men are always ready just say the word'.

Eyes would be locked on the wall of text and the man, as her thoughts race. A magical device such as that, able to write thoughts across it? Until she can get the full story from the man, she can only assume that the previous lord valued him highly. Still, she would wrench her gaze to the rat catcher and spoke, her tone almost flat. "If you can procure one alive, that I may ask it some pointed questions," most likely with heated points went unsaid, "I would be pleased. However, the priority would be on tracking and eliminating them. You shall work with Captain Urok, as I want this... dealt with."

Her annoyance almost shows there, as a clawed finger taps the side of her throne. "I shall expect to be informed of your progress inside the week." She would nod her head, and though it was a short and curt dismissal, she had things she must do that night.

“I shall try my very best, with this guy beside me I don’t think it should be too much trouble catching one alive. If there is nothing else I would like to take my leave” the Ratcatcher wheezed through his mask, as the Guard Captain Urok gave a slight bow, and left taking his magical artefact with him.

Markus had left the room while she talked to the two-returning looking quite worried, “Milady dire news” he said panting heavily, “some peasants went digging in the fields hoping to find vampiric treasures and gold in the fields. I have a report off a city guard 5 peasants went home and killed their families, before killing themselves. He also investigated the field from a distance it seems they unearthed some large glowing rock, at least he didn’t want to investigate further that’s all he could see” Markus finished struggling to breathe.

She would sigh, and shake her head. "Get the coach ready, for as soon as I return from the crypts, I shall require the largest lead lined box I possess." Dealing with the stone was difficult, though all the lore she possessed did say that lead was useful. However, she was not yet invited to those lessons that dealt in the substance, and it would be some weeks before she was due to return to Templehoff for additional training in the mystic arts, and she needed to make the guest chambers suitable for when one of her relatives arrive, to be tutored in some of the aspects of the blood lines gifts.

Still, she would head to the crypts to gather the dead first, before leaving for the fields.

“Of course, Milady, I shall see too it the lead box is packed along onto the carriage” Markus said, leaving promptly taking two servants with him, as he headed to the basement making two young boys haul a large wooden box lined with a thick layer of lead inside up to the carriage, and strapping it to the top.

Meanwhile two guards stood watch over in the eastern part of the estate, where there was a large crypt, it was where all peasants and anyone residing in these lands was permitted to be buried. In case the lord of the manor ever required them after their death, “Milady” they both said standing up a little straighter, guards were needed as often residual magic meant some of the dead woke even when their masters didn’t call for them.

She would incline her heads to the guards, even as she strode forward, never breaking her stride. She was swifter then a mortal woman, even if she was not moving with haste. But really, this situation? She was annoyed that so many of her subjects were dying without her permission or need! Really, it took time and resources to replace a peasant and with too many of them dying on you, there tends to be revolts. Which are tedious to deal with.

And so, entering the crypt, her senses would reach out, willing for those risen dead already here to walk forth. It would be purely psychic, though only her vampiric nature helped offset the lack of deep training.

As she reached out to the dead corpses and bones surrounding her, most not even in proper coffins and tombs, just bodies laying in hewn out crevices in the stone crypts, her minions began to rise. After a few minutes 4 zombies shambled out of their resting places, standing in front of her. They had most of their flesh intact, only one was badly rotted away being half skeleton and half rotted flesh.

Meanwhile outside the two guards were chatting, “so what do you think of our new mistress? “ one said to the other, “not sure the last lord was fair, to be honest. The lord before him was crazy, some of those things he did “ the older guard reminisced about the crazy acts the previous lords father used to commit, before his son slew him. “She is pretty though isn’t she in her own way?” the younger one said.

She would nod to herself, lips curled into an amused smirk at the guards chatter, even as she rises the scepter and focuses, unleashing its magic with an act of will. Three corpses not yet risen would shamble up, giving her a nice total of seven, enough to form a guard and carry the stone. Still, minions raised, she would make her way out of the crypt, sparing the younger guard a knowing wink, even as she made for the coach.

Scepter WP test (TN 60); 1d100= 58

As she used the scepter more zombies rose, and shambled closely behind her as she left to walk to the carriage. The young guard blushed heavily, as the Lady of the manor gave him a wink. He would have popped an erection there and then, if it wasn’t for the fact 7 half rotten corpses were shambling after her the smell making him feel slightly queasy. “Milady the coach is prepared, would you like me to accompany you?” Markus asked opened the door to the coach, as he took off his jacket placing it on the ground where the coach sat, so she wouldn’t have to wade through the mud.

She would consider it, before she would reply, voice soft and calm, somewhat distant. "I leave that to your discretion." On the one hand, his post was here at the estate, bu on the other he knew more about the village then herself. Still, the mortal was getting on in years, and so she would grant a slight reprieve. Still, she would enter the coach regardless, ordering the zombies to follow along.

He decided it was best he go along with his lady, though now the new lady of the manor she hadn’t been around her entire property enough to know the lay of the land, Markus however was part of the land living here all his life. Saying nothing he slowly climbed into the black cab closing the door behind him as he sat opposite her, rapping a bony knuckle against the black wood of the cab door as a whip was heard, as the coach set off the long road to the farmers’ fields where this mysterious stone was found. “If I may ask my Milady, how are you finding things, is there anything I can do to make your life any more pleasurable? I live to serve “ Markus said trying not to stare into her eyes.

20.png

She would consider things, before she would nod slightly. "I would know the land, and what events have occurred under my predecessors watch, what the general thoughts of the common folk are, who is reliable, who are the grumblers." She would chuckle faintly, as she considers things. "I have... plans of sorts. Nothing too radical, at least for a few decades." She stated that with confidence, that she would last the time, as she seemed to relax. It was just another mask though, a predator at ease, ready to spring into action at any moment.

“Well I hope to do my best to ease and help in whatever way possible “Markus said knowing she was fairly new to reigning this land, “the people generally quite love their lady, and the previous Lord. The blood tithe is a small price to pay, to be protected from the horrors outside these lands, savage Orcs, filthy lizard men the list goes on. The people here have always been grateful for the protection of the nobles. The only grumblings tend to be poor harvests, rumors often spread other lords use magic to give their people better harvests, although I believe those are rumors” Markus finished stepping out of the carriage, and opening the door for her offering his hand to help her down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom