Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The St. Anne (OOC)

And away we go on our next trip!

There will be several bodies in the cargo hold. Long, long dead and freeze dried by vacuum. Their body postures suggest death by explosive decompression and they are dressed in non-military clothing. Non-spacer clothing too. Fashions that haven't been seen in at least a century, maybe more, working class. Whomever wants to describe it can.

There's no visible sign of damage or weapons fire, just a few dead folk in a cargo hold, one that obviously wasn't secured for breach of atmosphere which suggests there's an open hatch up ahead somewhere.

If you're good at gruesome and spooky, run with it!

And in a delightful development, Whispered Secret is joining us! She'll reveal herself IC soon, aboard the ship, and I am glad to have another amazing writer worthy of y'all joining us!

And that's why I called it a delightful development that you were joining us.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go get the shivers out after reading it. :)

Hello's and hugs to everyone in group!

Just wanted to say hi and thank you for letting me in on the amazing story line you have going so far! I'm super excited and running around all hyped up about getting started. Love all the characters you have created!

*taking a deep calming breath and tossing out the suger before I go super sonic hyper on you all*

:D

So... Missed the whole shabang with the blue mountain group... Everyone fine with me just saying I was hired on for various reasons and just jumping in?

I'm cool with it! You can always do a little section at the beginning of your post how you turned on them and proceeded to help us out, to which our characters were doubly grateful for it.

Garrison said:
So... Missed the whole shabang with the blue mountain group... Everyone fine with me just saying I was hired on for various reasons and just jumping in?

Absolutely! There's no real continuity issue and I super appreciate the PM you sent telling me what happened. :) Please, write yourself in!

Sigr, congratulations on IC Post #100 and what a great one it was!

I tried to paint a general picture with a bit of subjective feeling and little specifics so people can pitch in without collisions.

6be5f216314921.562a9b743644e.gif

Love the new posts Sigr and Garrison!!

*beams* I'm glad.
Didn't mean for a flashback to be most of the post buuut that is just how it panned out.

But question, is there gonna be a person taking the narrative reigns here? Much in the same way that nothingbutspacejunk did? Playing the environment to some extent or is it on all of us to add our own strokes to this great landscape painting of an rp?

This is not just to you, Garrison, but to all of us. :)

In a collaborative group game like I intend for this to be, I'll provide guidance and some plot elements, inspired and helped or even created wholly by the rest of us, and we'll work together to realize the plot. What that means is we add details, scenery, chances to act and interact with the environment and, most importantly, hooks for us to interact with each other. Every character should have the spotlight at least once, so we want to avoid running too far, too fast, with it or denying others the chance to be part of the story.

I see, thanks for clearing that up! It is a good approach to group rp's... As long as everyone is on the same page, which that shoulda done. If I could figure out how to put like a giant thumbs up I would use that.

Also gotta stop getting on here so late... Makes it hard to think lol.
But I would like to say, I have been perusing some of the other rp's on here. And this one blows the others outta the water. (Another giant thumbs up)
Good job everyone.

I hope my post got across the point that Jin-Lai is not especially happy being on an apparently abandoned ship full of apparently dead people.

Oh yeah that is extremely evident Megyn! You can really feel it.
But she'll have to be brave because I am at least Looking forward to finding out what happened here on this boat!

Awesome post megyn! Made me want to jump out from behind a corner and yell boo! *chuckling still over space zombies*

Updated the Characters list and moved 3 to Inactive. Still willing to roll them back in the game if they wish to return.

So just a thought I had while bored out of my skull at work. What is the cause of the ship's death was from one of the crew losing their shit? Like the ship was set to be on a course to the new planet and they hit the same anomaly the St. Anne did and someone was woken up because of it? Not knowing what had happened they try to find a way back on course it to a habitable planet but the time spent alone starts to get to them and they show go insane? Add they start to sabotage the ship the other crew gets woken and tries to stop the psycho from killing everybody on the ship only to fail leaving the shop dead in space. It could explain the bodies floating around, all the dead civvies in their sleep tanks and how and why what happened happened. We could find a log or something from the crew member that woke first and see how they spirlled into madness over the months/years of isolation before they decided the best way to save everyone was to kill them? Just am idea

Love it! If y'all don't have an issue with it, please consider Kosmik's idea as the official explanation. Lots to build on there. Perhaps even people trapped in a compartment that had atmo but slowly suffocated. Lots of ideas to spin off!

I like it, but from secrets post, it seemed like no one really had the chance to go into cryo before everything.. whatever it was. I thought it might have been some sort of black military operation that went bad.

I think some outside force, like a plasma storm hitting during whatever ship to ship passenger transport was going on causing catastrophic failures very quickly, leaving them dead in space, most of their atmo vented and certainly not enough rations to feed everyone for however long it would take for them to get rescued, the ships could have been drifting apart for centuries now. and something quick and catastrophic would account for how most of these people didnt even make it to a cryo pod.

Back
Top Bottom