Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bumping Policy

So one of the things I get confused by , the Male section is for people who are offering to play a Male char, and the Female is for those who likewise are offering to play as Female char.

And yet I always see people whose threads show they want to play the opposite , which is annoying, lile Male Male pairings in the Female section of Male Female in the male section when the person will only play female.

We try to spot those and put them in the right place when we can but we do miss things. If you notice something wrong you can contact a staff member about it or report and we'll deal with it.

I see it so often I just usually wonder if I was just mistaken in my belief. Im still a newbie here so sometimes im just wrong :)

No, you weren't mistaken.
Male Request Section is if you intend to play AS a male.
Female Request Section is if you intend to play AS a female.
Uncatagorized Others Request section is if you intend to play like a Hermaphrodite or something that was genderless. Something that isn't Male or Female.

Yeah, as I said, we do miss things as we have things in life we have to take care of as well. So if you do see that, you can contact me or anyone else with a green/red name and let them know or report it. =3

PensiveWoman said:
I wonder how many people are going to be leaving this site because of these anal rules.

If they do, then that's their choice, and all power to them. I personally have no issue with the rules, and can understand why they're there: that is, to help everyone have reasonably equal exposure, instead of whoever happens to be around and bumping their request threads the most.

PensiveWoman said:
I wonder how many people are going to be leaving this site because of these anal rules.

Seems like you're a prime candidate. The rules are fine. Everyone gets equal exposure. Having to bump on e a week is much nicer than bumping like its a competition, which was especially bad for people in bad timezomes because their threads would get buried during the time they can be seen and they're only able to bump when noone sees them.

Thanks for the rule changes and clarifications. I did see a few people who kept their threads on the first page constantly, I wasn't sure if that was report worthy or what. It was really rude to those who followed the rules however to do that, and if I see it happening again, i'll be reporting.

This is a much needed update. Thank you DA for this. I was tired of seeing my threads moved around by people who try and game the system to their advantage.

Rule breakers deserve to Catch hell for trying to bend the system. I myself will try and be more vigilant in the future when I come across threads that have abused or broken the rules.

Again, thanks so much! ^_^

Ren Olvry said:
PensiveWoman said:

If they do, then that's their choice, and all power to them. I personally have no issue with the rules, and can understand why they're there: that is, to help everyone have reasonably equal exposure, instead of whoever happens to be around and bumping their request threads the most.

If you think these rules are anal, you need to get out more. Of all the sites I've been on in my life of roleplaying, Bluemoon's are the most lenient.

SithLordOfSnark said:
Ren Olvry said:
PensiveWoman said:

If you think these rules are anal, you need to get out more. Of all the sites I've been on in my life of roleplaying, Bluemoon's are the most lenient.

Exactly haha.

All of the other sites I've visited or looked at are much more strict on rules and positing, it's one of the main reasons I came here to BMR instead.

darkangel76 said:
*hugs Sam*
It's been forever, how've you been? You should get your kiester on Discord! XD

Hi there ^_^. I know its been a while. School has been keeping me very very busy. But I'm finally and hoping to get back on here more often!

I'm on discord actually. Apparently it's the new hip thing the youngsters are all using these days so I just HAD to get involved.

If you wanna talk, fell free to shoot me a PM and I'll shoot my discord ID your way.

Look forward to hearing from you, dear!

Two full pages of comments in this discussion about the overhaul of bumping rules, and nobody's talking about the major change: No posting in another person's thread.

I've been known to do this very occasionally, and it's never bothered me in the least to see people doing this. When browsing the request thread forums, the column all the way to the right tells you who made the most recent post in a given thread. It's therefore very easy to see if a thread has been edited or bumped by the original poster, or if people are replying there.

But I guess this bothers a lot of people here. So.....no more posting in another person's request thread.

I think this needs to be better publicized so that all are aware of the rule, so here goes:

You're not allowed to post in somebody else's request thread.

There, I fixed this thread for you. :p

wow, didnt think this would end up being an issue. I've been keeping to the once a week best I can. I'm on the fence about taking up new stories anyway since I'm moving soon and have Zero idea what the future holds.

I feel the rules are fair and I've been on a lot of sites in my day. Once a week feels lengthy but fair enough. I'm the kind of person who gets multiple ideas a day but I just updated the initial post and update my most recent bump post with a cliff notes version of what I've added just so people can see a quick idea (Also update the title and my signature for proper conveyance of any changes so if people feel they want to check it out).

Posting in other peoples request threads seems like a bad idea even without it being used to bump peoples thread prematurely. I get some people wanna give a kudos or some other compliment if they like the persons layout or ideas in general but that can be done through PMs. Just send a little shout out. I really haven't posted in anyones request threads because it's easier to get their attention by PMing them ANYWAY, they can ignore it if they want to but I'm also not giving their thread an unnecessary bump. I'm actually thankful no one posts in my own and just contacts me directly. Also allows me to use old bump posts as future extensions if I need without a random persons post getting in the way XD

Gym Rat said:

Most people write in their threads "contact me per pm" or something in that direction so I'm surprised that's even thing to start with.

You'd be surprised. All of my Request Threads have had "Do not post in this thread, PM me." Only to have people post in the thread anyways e-e;

Karameida said:
You'd be surprised. All of my Request Threads have had "Do not post in this thread, PM me." Only to have people post in the thread anyways e-e;

Yup. And usually it's just them saying 'PM me'... so given that especially, I'm more than fine with that addition to the rule

Ren Olvry said:
Karameida said:

Yup. And usually it's just them saying 'PM me'... so given that especially, I'm more than fine with that addition to the rule

This exactly. It is pointless for someone to simply say "PM me." - Are your fingers broken that you can't PM me yourself?

SithLordOfSnark said:
Ren Olvry said:
Karameida said:

This exactly. It is pointless for someone to simply say "PM me." - Are your fingers broken that you can't PM me yourself?

Shows how little they're willing to work for their rps

Although I have occasionally posted in another person's request thread, I much prefer PMs myself. I don't know if most people agree with me on that. Maybe it is "most." It's certainly "some, but not all."

I do know that some people don't. There are people on this site who hate PMs, don't want to try to keep their PMs organized, and tend to miss PMs while instead following up on notifications that their threads have new posts.

I think this rule is overkill, but it's not that big of a deal.

My main point in raising this last night is that this was the biggest new change, and it hadn't been broached at all in this discussion thread. It seems to me that this change is what really needed to be advertised front and center with regards to the policy updates.

Jeufufns said:
Gym Rat said:

Most people write in their threads "contact me per pm" or something in that direction so I'm surprised that's even thing to start with.

Jeufufns said:
SithLordOfSnark said:
Ren Olvry said:

Shows how little they're willing to work for their rps

I had some that said "PM me" but I've had others comment and tell me the threads too hard to read. And while I don't mind constructive criticism, you couldn't put it in a PM? You had to comment in the thread with red text at the top saying NOT to post in there? e-e;
I've had some bump it which confuses me. I hadn't wanted the thread bumped because I wasn't looking for anything.

Back
Top Bottom