Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D Sandbox Campaign (Any edition)

Slayer Knight

Anime Fighter
Alright, I want to run an open-ended and player-driven sandbox campaign for Dungeons & Dragons. The rules are negotiable, as I own several editions and retro-clones of D&D and I am willing to use any of them except 4th Edition. However, I am most inclined to the newer systems of Pathfinder/3.5 or the Basic Fantasy retro-clone system (though the current 5th Edition is good too)

The setting is an open-ended and homebrewed fantasy setting not tied to any particular mythos or campaign world.

The game can have erotic content and smut if that is what players prefer, but it could also be a more normal campaign as well. Really depends on how the player actions drive the story and the world. I'm equally open to either.

Players can be any of the core races and classes found in the Players Handbook/Core Rulebook (I may add other classes and races to the list of starting playable options depending on which edition/rules set I use) and as for their biological sex, I am open to males (both masculine men and femboys/bishonen males), females, and futanari.

The premise is that you create your character and are a new arrival in the region. You must do your best to survive in this unfamiliar land and hopefully achieve any personal goals you may have as a character, and interact with other players and NPC's.

There will be an overarching vague myth arc that becomes more detailed and prevalent but the story is extremely player-driven (especially early on) and the game is a wide-open sandbox style (video game examples include Grand Theft Auto, Fallout, Skyrim, etc.) with a wide variety of environments and locations.

Most of the adventuring is done in the wilderness, but there will be some dungeon-crawling as well should the players wish to plunder said dungeons.

This sounds like a lot of fun. I've played in a couple of player-shaped worlds in the past, and they turned out very enjoyable. Re: smutty content, that is a fun addition, and would be interesting, but I would be fine either way.
System-wise, I would prefer Pathfinder or 5th ed, but am open to learn other systems also.

Davian_Veq said:
This sounds like a lot of fun. I've played in a couple of player-shaped worlds in the past, and they turned out very enjoyable. Re: smutty content, that is a fun addition, and would be interesting, but I would be fine either way.
System-wise, I would prefer Pathfinder or 5th ed, but am open to learn other systems also.

Glad to have you on board, and I am thinking we will probably use Pathfinder for the core mechanics. Also, I would love to see some smutty content in the game as well. Again, I'll leave it up to player choice.

Do you have any idea of what kind of character you wish to play?

Thanks, glad to be here.
Character depends on what I can dream up honestly, but I need to browse the pathfinder rules again, I haven't played it in a while.
General outline, though, is a half-orc gunslinger. More details to come.

Davian_Veq said:
Thanks, glad to be here.
Character depends on what I can dream up honestly, but I need to browse the pathfinder rules again, I haven't played it in a while.
General outline, though, is a half-orc gunslinger. More details to come.

So far, so good. I'll allow the Gunslinger class.

I'd like to play a Half-Elf futanari in either the Druid or Cleric class. But I'm the GM. Eh, maybe she could be a friendly NPC in a local village or something? Like maybe she could offer healing services or a magic item in exchange for ahem, "other services"....

Never ran a game by forum before nor have I included smut in a game, but there's a first time for everything!

And for character creation, stats-wise, alt racial traits, etcetera, any limits/suggestion?
4d6es, point buy, others?

Davian_Veq said:
And for character creation, stats-wise, alt racial traits, etcetera, any limits/suggestion?
4d6es, point buy, others?

We'll use 4d6 to determine stats and everyone starts out at Level 1. Feel free to use alternate racial traits if you wish.

Alrighty! Character just about made. Daddy was a human smith, Mommy was a wandering orc mercenary who was impressed by his... weapon skills, Bish Bash Bosh, one bouncing Half-Orc babby. She grew up near the forge, was apprenticed off at the normal age (14) to learn the engineering trade with some old fart who tinkered with the relatively new firearms, when her parents went and got conscripted (and killed) in some petty lord's attempt at a rebellion. Come the end of her apprenticeship, none the wiser, goes home to her village, Boom! Some new jerk in her family forge, no-one heard from dear old mom and pop in three years. In a fit of rage, beats up the new smith, breaks a limb or two, takes a gun of her own, and goes to terrorise any monsters, dungeons, and asshole nobles that get in her way. A tragic story, but one almost certainly heard many times over every time there's any kind of battle or war.

If we get a character thread, I'll post a link.
I'm using this site, should be handy.
http://charactersheet.co.uk/pathfinder/#/

Davian_Veq said:
Alrighty! Character just about made. Daddy was a human smith, Mommy was a wandering orc mercenary who was impressed by his... weapon skills, Bish Bash Bosh, one bouncing Half-Orc babby. She grew up near the forge, was apprenticed off at the normal age (14) to learn the engineering trade with some old fart who tinkered with the relatively new firearms, when her parents went and got conscripted (and killed) in some petty lord's attempt at a rebellion. Come the end of her apprenticeship, none the wiser, goes home to her village, Boom! Some new jerk in her family forge, no-one heard from dear old mom and pop in three years. In a fit of rage, beats up the new smith, breaks a limb or two, takes a gun of her own, and goes to terrorise any monsters, dungeons, and asshole nobles that get in her way. A tragic story, but one almost certainly heard many times over every time there's any kind of battle or war.

If we get a character thread, I'll post a link.
I'm using this site, should be handy.
http://charactersheet.co.uk/pathfinder/#/

I like it!

Good morning. May I play?

I'll be a little slow 'til the second as I'm on vacation, but 1st level character creation is easy enough.

If you can give me an idea of your world's pantheon, I could roll a cleric? (Or oracle. Or war priest.)

I also favor wizards and paladins and unchained monks and unchained rogues and... :)

(I'd also love it if you'd consider using the Background Skill rules from Pathfinder Unchained. They offer so much flavor!)

Pathfinder then, and of course I would love to play, and have "erotic content" too.

Thinking about bringing a Futa Ranger, Human, Half-Elf, or Elf, if I can't have a Tiefling...

Hi Gabby!

Excited to be in another game with you.

And pleased to meet the rest of you. :)

(S.K. do you have a god who would offer the domains of Trickery and Travel? Or maybe some combiatno of trickery, travel, charm, and one of the elemental domains?

Seems like it might be interesting - are you thinking a party game or would we be operating individually in the world?

For rolls I got: 8, 10,11, 13, 13, 17.

Thinking a halfling sorcerer (Rakshasa) currently.

Thank you Mr. T.

But this time my character would be pursuing everything you shyed away from as a DM. :)

18, 17, 17, 10, 11, 11 Core and classic as race or class.

Interesting. Still playing a pussy having futa. :)

ChrisGabriel said:
Thank you Mr. T.

But this time my character would be pursuing everything you shyed away from as a DM. :)

18, 17, 17, 10, 11, 11 Core and classic as race or class.

Interesting. Still playing a pussy having futa. :)

*Smiles* That's okay.

For starters, I'm playing a girl in this story, so futa is more than welcome. :)

I have managed to find a fun resource - the Deck of Many Transformations. Might be fun to include as, idk, random sexy curse/loot effects?
Anyway, here it is.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5cb2n49te3ndba3/

Alright, sorry I haven't been on in a while and you guys are all welcome.

Yes, Tieflings are in play and as for deities for a cleric, you can select any kind of deity you want, whether it be from historical mythology, Pathfinder, Lovecraft, or D&D.

I would love to see some more futas. I like futas with balls and a pussy. Of course, any sex or gender is welcome.

If you're still accepting people then I'd be willing to create a character. Right now I'm leaning towards either a factotum or a paladin, and probably a human.

Edit: Removed my rolls because I made a mistake. Real rolls are in my next post.

Mmm, normal rolls, as suggested, are 4d6 and drop the lowest. Therefore, will range between 3-18 on each roll, and no factotum in pathfinder.
Closest thing I can think of for factotum would be the Medium Class, summon different spirits for different roles.

Ah, well that's egg on my face. For the former I must've confused the 3.5 SRD I was looking at for a pathfinder one, and for the latter I think I forgot to drop the lowest when I was rolling my scores. In my defense it's pretty late, but yeah, ignore that. Thanks for noticing that Tenshi.

Alright, my new rolls: 13, 17, 10, 13, 13, 14

Still pretty solid scores, and I guess that means I'll be going with a paladin then.

Back
Top Bottom