Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Random Info About You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact: My cousin went crazy and cleaned my room today.
Fact: All the way until she had to finally leave.
Fact: I'm sad that she's gone.
Fact: It's sunny and raining and there are two rainbows out.

That's interesting... I was just informed that before the 1700s, many Western medical experts had believed the female orgasm was necessary for childbirth, and that was about the time that doctors thought that it was not only unnecessary for conception, but was unnecessary at all. And that was part of the whole "men are responsible for children and women have little or no rights in the matter" kind of mindset that was developing.

Mr Master said:
That's interesting... I was just informed that before the 1700s, many Western medical experts had believed the female orgasm was necessary for childbirth, and that was about the time that doctors thought that it was not only unnecessary for conception, but was unnecessary at all. And that was part of the whole "men are responsible for children and women have little or no rights in the matter" kind of mindset that was developing.

The female orgasm was only medically recognized in the 1970's (in the US). Before that the common terminology was hysterical paroxysm, for where there were a variety of interesting treatments. Look it up sometime.

Yeah, it was identified in ancient Greece, among women who didn't have sex, and then basically reappeared in the Victorian Era, which is what I'm talking about, how the climax was reclassified and rendered a "disturbance" rather than a requirement.

Look, ancient peoples weren't technological, but they also weren't stupid; I don't think women had no orgasms throughout history until the 20th century, and I don't think men didn't realize what was up with that. But I do believe that "science" can preach something and culture can take it up and believe it, whether or not science is actually accurate in that case. Hell, they convinced most of Western civilization for decades that breast milk (which was designed specifically for human babies for the entire existence of our species) was less healthy for kids than artificial formula.

EDIT: Further, before the Victorian era, I'd be hard-pressed to determine any serious scientific/medical inquiry into human sexuality. Victorians were generally interested in it because culture forbade it and yet it's an integral part of the human experience, so of course they were obsessed with it, and they were finally developing the tools they needed to do that kind of research, but with the cultural hang-ups, of course when they finally got around to investigating female orgasm, they'd classify it as hysteria, something negative. So for formal scientific investigation of the phenomenon, yes, the medical community didn't recognize it until recently. However, my initial comment was rather pre-Victorian, and isn't invalidated (if anything, it's supported) by the anti-orgasm definitions of later years.

Fact: Once went to a Museum of Sex Items where I saw the first vibrator that was used by a doctor to relieve 'Female Hysteria' through 'pelvic massage'.

Also saw an anti-rape device that was basically a spring loaded syringe you inserted into your vagina that would stab the rapist's penis and inject him with a sedative, as well as an odd device that was two leather straps. One around the other, with the one on the inside with holes, the one on the outside layered with spikes. The point of this device was to go around your cock at night and if you got an erection while you slept, the spikes from the first ring would stab your dick, removing, hopefully, the sexual desire.

Basically it prevented wet dreams.

Science was scary back then.

Dameon said:

Fact: Science is still scary.

Fact: We should set up classes, and MM can teach 'The History and Mystery of the Female Orgasm.'

I might even sit at the front of the class 83

Dameon said:
Also saw an anti-rape device that was basically a spring loaded syringe you inserted into your vagina that would stab the rapist's penis and inject him with a sedative, as well as an odd device that was two leather straps.

Dentatas should totally make a comeback. I think there'd be less rape if the perpetrator was liable to be knocked unconscious. I mean, can you imagine being arrested with your pants around your ankles and your dick out? If these people can't believe in someone's right to safety, then they can at least understand humiliation.

PocketFullOfPosies said:
Dameon said:

Fact: Science is still scary.

Fact: We should set up classes, and MM can teach 'The History and Mystery of the Female Orgasm.'

I might even sit at the front of the class 83
All the better to be called up to serve as a demonstration?

"Who would like to help me with this part of the lesson plan?" <female hands shoot up>

Since any lesson plan on Victorian medicine's interaction with the orgasm would have to include
vibratorSLIDE_1.jpg

I think there would be ample opportunity for a flippers off approach to learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom