Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Wars: A New Dawn (TheCorsair, Xanaphia)

“My…my father?” She asked, hardly hearing anything Bail said after that. Somehow, she knew he wasn’t referring to Palpatine. That must mean…

I love you, Mara.

“Quentin?! Quentin was my—” She asked, knowing the answer as she spoke the words. Realizing that was what he had been holding back from her, the truth of his relationship with her mother, the truth of her parentage. And now, before she could ask him more or get to know him, or appreciate him, he was gone. Struck down by Vader, just as her mother had been.

Her train of thought was lost as Han burst into the common room. "We ain't outta the woods yet! We've got TIEs inbound, and can't jump to lightspeed untill we're clear if the debris. You," he pointed at Bail. "Go help Chewie. Princess, you're on the guns with me!"

With a deep breath and an angry free hand against her tear filled eyes, she nodded, jumping up and following Han to the gunner seats.

Blinking back to consciousness, Leia found herself in the airlock of an unfamiliar ship. What had happened? Last she remembered was confronting some trooper who weren’t joining the search for the renegade jedi.

Before she could discern her location, the droids filled her in, “Ah, Lady Vader. Good of you to join us as leverage. Your wellbeing played a critical role in allowing us to escape the Death Star unharmed.”

“Escape?” Leia growled, putting the pieces together. She was now a hostage of these rebel scum. “You really think you can hold me?”

“Most certainly, Lady Vader. Because you are in the airlock, and if you try anything with the force, I will jettison you. A nice, clean death that should only be very painful for a few seconds. Play nice, and we will see about letting you into the ship proper,” the protocol droid explained. There were some boops and bleeps from the astromech droid, to which the protocol droid responded, “Why yes, BT, I suppose she could spend the entire journey in the airlock.”

Shit, not good. She could form a force bubble to protect herself in the vacuum of space. Theoretically. She hadn’t ever done it before, never needed to try. Even if it worked, it wouldn’t last long, and she had no hope of being rescued in the meantime, and no way of propelling herself through space. So instead she kneeled on the ground, forcing herself to relax, in a near trance state.

Despite warnings from her captives, she did use the force to feel for her brother. He was distant, but closing in. And he was angry, and concern over her, seeking her in the same way she was seeking him.

Luke, they are keeping me in the airlock. Threatening to jettison me if I try anything. She watched out the port window, as the five TIE fighter drew closer, knowing which one Luke was in. I have faith in you Luke. And I need you now.

Much like his father, Luke had a custom fighter of his own. But where Darth Vader's prototype TIE Fighter was designed for long range and stealth, Luke's TIE/D was built for speed and maneuverability. It would never go into mass production, he knew, but the data that came from his tests and his demands for modifications was informing the new TIE Interceptors that Sienar was developing as a replacement for the current fighter models used by the Empire. "Rogue Squadron, sound off," he ordered.

"Rogue Two ready, Rogue Leader." That was Captain Ras Traln, who'd flown more than twenty missions with him against Rebel starfighters. Luke trusted him to lead the squadron when he was unavailable.

"Rogue Three ready, Rogue Leader," called Lieutenant Tenal Horn, a veteran pilot who had recently transferred into Rogue Squadron. A dogfight had left him with a mechanical arm, leg, and lung, but he'd still downed the pirate that hit him. He cliamed that the artificial parts made him a better pilot with a surer hand.

"Rogue Four ready, Rogue Leader," called Lieutenant Sim Yavok, a cocky hotshot whose disrespect for authority had more than once cost him both promotions and the squadron command he should have had. Still, his piloting skills were undisputed.

"Rogue Five ready, Rogue Leader," called Lieutenant Peggy Longstar, the newest member of the squadron. She was a new academy graduate, one who displayed outside-the-box thinking in exercises and unorthodox approaches to problems. Her failure to adhere to orthodox solutions had left her at the bottom of her class, but the same qualities had led Luke to offer her the position in his command.

"We're looking at a modified YT-1300," Luke informed them, "piloted by desperate rebels who have captured Lady Leia Vader. Shoot to disable, not to destroy. Two and Three, target their weapons first. Four and Five, disable their engines." That left him without a wingman, of course. But with his mastery of the Force and his modified TIE/D, he generally didn't need one.

The replies came back without hesitation. "Roger that." "Copy." "On it." "We'll get them, sir." He paid them no attention, too busy concentrating on Leia's voice in the Force. Luke, they are keeping me in the airlock. Threatening to jettison me if I try anything.

"Avoid firing on the port airlock," he added. "That's where they're keeping her."

I have faith in you Luke. And I need you now.

He nodded, knowing she could sense the gesture. Hold tight, Leia. I'll get you out of this.

"Klono's stygium shaft!" Han gasped, staring at the lead TIE. "What the hell is that thing?" He was pretty sure he knew, though. He'd been in the Academy once, himself, and he'd absorbed everything he could learn about fighter craft - Imperial and not - back when he'd wanted to be a fighter jock. The new TIE Interceptor, he figured, with triple dagger wings. Fucking maneuverable, and faster than even the standard TIE.

Shaking himself, he gripped the control yoke of his quadgun. "So," he called down the shaft to Mara. "I've got dorsal and you've got ventral. One point apiece per fighter you bag, right? And two if you nail one where our fields of fire overlap." He grinned. "Me and Chewie call that Money Lane. Loser buys the drinks."

Two TIEs peeled off, arching up to come at the Falcon on a dorsal attack run. Two more lagged back, jockying for a shot at the engines. And the funky Interceptor thing dove down, probably planning a ventral attack run. His headphones filled in the screaming whine of their engines, giving him audio cues to aid his eyes and the targeting scope. Slewing the quadguns around, he hammered blaster fire into space as the TIEs opened up. "Hey, Chewie?" he called into his mike. "No hurry, but get us the fuck outta here. All right?"

“Right,” Mara acknowledged, trying to overcome the loss of the father he had just met and barely knew, to focus on Han’s instructions. Because if they got shot down now, her father’s sacrifice would have been in vain. And this was Rogue Squadron, Luke’s elite fighter team. She’d be hard pressed to beat them under the best circumstances. Hell, her personal ship had been developed in part to outrun them.

But Han seemed confident, explaining things in the same terms he had explained drift to her before. Perhaps a little less confident as he called for Chewie to make jump. So she focused, letting the force and precognition guide her. She needed to shoot where the fighters would be, not where they were.

The ship jerked as the first wave of attacks connected, the fighters clearly looking to disable their engines, but not shoot them down directly. She managed to focus as they came back around, trusting the force to direct her. Fingers squeezed outside of her consciousness, and she nicked the wing of one, sending it spirally out. Not as good as a kill shot, but it was out of contention now. It would have to fly back to the death star, if it could even make it. “Do I get credit for that one?” she called over the mic, looking for another opening.

Before Han could answer, the tri winged TIE/D made its assault, just missing her. Fuck, that had to be Luke, there. If she could shot him down, it’d be a major victory. But even with the force, she couldn’t perceive his trajectory, several shots going wide. “Don’t waste time on the tri wing, focus on the others.”

"Half a point," Han replied, slewing his turret around and stabbing crimson fire into the void. "Call it a tie breaker." The TIE in his scoop juked at the last minute, and his fire streaked under the bulbous belly. Swearing, he depressed the quad guns as the prototype Interceptor (or was that a Defender?) rose into view.

"Don't waste time on the tri-wing," Mara told him. "Focus in the others."

Han fired anyway, gritting his teeth in frustration as the Imperial craft danced around his shots. "Who the fuck is that guy?" Han growled with unwillung admiration. "I've never seen anything like that!" Then he flinched as veridian fire splashed around him.

"Rogue Four's hit," Rogue Two said iver the tac net.

"You all right, Sim?" Luje asked.

"I can hold it," the pilot reported. "But my starboard wing's gone. That ship's packing heat."

"Break off and head back," Luke orderec. "You won't do any more good out here. Rogue Five, form up on me and we'll take the next run on the engines." He weaved his ship thriugh a series of tight turns as cannon fire nearly hit him muktipke times. "Two and Three, can't you do something about those turrets?"

"Working on it, sir," Tenal replied in his electronic voice. "They've got military-grade deflectors, though. We're barely scratching them."

Luke spun his fighter, feeling Rogue Five in the Force as Peggy filled in to pirt and aft. "Keep on them," he ordered. "We're..." Red fire hammered out from the freighter, and one of the TIEs blossomed into flame. Rage boiled and turned into ice in his veins as the debris expanded lime a burning flower.

"Rogue Two's gone," Tenal reported. "They got the Captain."

"One to me!" Han crowed. "Chewie? You ready to get us outta here yet?"

Mara let Han's success inspire her, perceptions sinking into the force. Feeling the movement of their pursuers. Watching, waiting and then...

BOOM!

Another burst into crimson flame disintegrating among the stars. Over the intercom, Chewie howled, and the ship shuddered, punching into warp speed.

Leia’s heart pounded as she watched what little she could see from her port window. She could see more from Luke’s perspective, but it wasn’t looking any better there either. Rogue Squadron was elite and still, they were having trouble with this stupid hunk of junk. And then one fighter got clipped and retreated and another exploded in read flame. As much as Leia tried to hide the building doubt in her mind from her brother, it grew heavier and heavier. Then the ship jerked, and the stars stretched and any hope of rescue was gone.

Luke…LUKE!!!

Mara sat in the gunner seat, relieved and heavy as the ship made the jump to light speed. They were safe. Safer. For now. But not for long. Not as long as Leia was on board and Vader was hunting them. It was the semblance of safety, a moment of breathing room. A chance to feel the loss of her father. A moment of stillness and safety to reflect on his death, bought by that very act of sacrifice.

Forcing herself up, she met Han in the joint hallway where the shafts for the gunner seats split off. “Where are we headed?” She asked, realizing she had no clue where to go from here. Join the rebels? Or become a Jedi, like her mother and father before her? "Whats the plan?"

"We're heading for the Yavin system," Bail said as he and Chewbacca emerged from the cockpit. "The fourth moon of the third planet."

"Yavin?" Han said with a frown as he jiined them. "Never heard of it. Why? What's there?"

"The central command if the rebellion," Bail responded. "We have..."

"What?" The word exploded from Han. "Hang on here, I didn't xign on to your little rebellion here."

"We have the technical readouts for that battle station, stored in BT-1," Bail continued. "It is our only hope to..."

BT-1 began whistling and beeping excitedly from over by the airlock. "No, BT," 000 said sadly, "I don't think they would do that. Building one would be far beyond their financial resources." A plaintive hoot followed, and 000 brightened. "Why, yes. I suppose we could do that."

Massaging the bridge of his nose, Bail did hid best to ignore the droids. "It is our only hope to destroy that battle station."

"Whatever," Han grunted, flopping down by the dejark board. "I'm just your pilot, and I ain't in this to save the galaxy. I expect to get paid - well paid - for all this." He glanced over at the airlock. "I already ended up with way more than I bargained for on this trip."

Luke knelt, head bowed, awaiting his father's attention. It was dark in Darth Vader's chambers. It was always dark, something that seemed to suit the Sith Lord's mood. Today, at least, it suited Luke as well. The rebel ship had killed Ras Train and Tenal Horn both and then escaped into hyperspace, taking Leia only the Force knew where. Fury coursed through him, fury and fear for his sister.

"Luke."

He looked up. His father stoid before him, looming llike an ebon statue. He slowly twirled an object on his gauntleted hans, examining it. A lightsaber, he knew, but not ine he recognized. "This is a weapon," Vader continued, "that I have not seen since you were born."

"What..." Luke hesitated, confused. He'd exoected a cold rage at his failure, not whatever this was. "What is it?"

"The lightsaber of Kaydia Voss-Hall," Vader stated, igniting the blade. A meter of emerald light sprang into existance, illuminating the room. "The Jedi that attempted to assassinate your mother." The blade hummed as he moved it.

"How did it get here?" Luke shook his head. "No. Why is it here?"

"It was the lightsaber Princess Mara was carrying when she was captured," Vader explained, speaking slowly. "Quentin must have given it to her."

"Quentin..?"

"The Jedi I killed in the hanger," Vader answered. "The old man." The blade snapped off, and Vader hung the lightsaber from his belt. "Tarkin placed a tracking device on the freighter. We will find the traitors - and yiur sister - soon enough." He gestured, and a chair slid across the room. "Be seated. We have much to discuss." Vader stepped forward, staring down at Luke. "About your future."

Yavin 4, to join up with the rebels. Mara nodded, leaning against hull. “What should we do about Lady Vader?” Mara asked, nodding towards the port airlock.

“Leave her be?” Bail suggested. “She is contained at the moment, where she is. Taking her out risks her using the Force on any and all of us, and that can’t end well. You have to know she is a dangerous adversary.”

Mara knew alright. Remembered the humiliation from just a short while ago. It might have been in their minds, but it was aggravating. And combined with the knowledge that Leia’s father had killed both her mother and father left her with a burning anger to take some vengeance out on the bitch.

But Bail was right, it wasn’t worth the risk to mete out her revenge. But if she wasn’t going to punish Leia she needed to do something with herself. Needed something to fill the growing emptiness within her, and remembering how well Han filled that role on the trip to Alderaan gave her an idea. Brushing fingers over’s Han’s shoulders, she walked behind him. “I could use a drink. Want to join me?” She asked, ensuring that her intentions towards him were clear in the Force.

Leia sat against the hull on the floor, considering her options. She couldn’t count on Luke to rescue her, not at the moment. He wouldn’t give up until she was safe, she knew, but there was too much in the way now. It was up to her now.

They were likely taking her to the rebel base. On Dantooine? Or had Bail lied about that, to spare Alderaan? She’d know soon, and once she knew she could use it to her advantage. Once she figured out what that was.

"Look," Han said "I'm not up on my folklore and all, but even I know that keeping a genuine Jedi-"

"She's Sith, not a Jedi," Bail interruoted.

"Whatever." Han waved his hand dismissivly. "The point is, she's a huge threat to us all. I say we blow the airlock and be done with her, before she kills us all."

"Oh, may I?" asked 000.

"No," Bail answered with a glower, befire turning his attention back to Han. "The Lady Vader could be a valuable source if information for the Alliance. And you..."

"Look," Han snapped, cutting Bail off. "Let's get one thing straight. I ain't in this for your precious rebellion. I'm a businessman, and I exoect to get paid fir this. Paid well." He gestured back toward the airlocks. "Esoecially if we're keeping the daughtee if the Emperor's hatchetman!"

"If money is all you want," Bail sighed, looking disappointed as he settled back, "then thatvis what you'll receive."

Han paused, not liking the older man's implication. "Yeah? Well..."

"I could use a drink," Mara murmured, running her fingers iver his shoulder as she walked past. "Want to join me?"

He entirely forgot about what he was going to say fir a moment, suddenly thinking very hard (and getting very hard) at the memory of their last drink together. "Yeah," he agreed, slowly turning and following. "Yeah, sounds good." He paused at the hall, and turned back. "Paid well."

After he left the room, Chewbacca hooted softly. "Younsaid it," Bail chuckled. "Children."

Mara made her way back to the engine room, back to the still, not pausing to check if Han was following her. There was little doubt in her mind that he would, especially after earlier. He’d liked it as much as she did, even if he didn’t need it like she did. Oh, she could meditate, use the code Quentin had taught her before, but she didn’t want to clear her head. She wanted to hold onto this anger. Hold on to the rage of having lost both parents to Lord Vader. She just needed a little distraction for now, while there was nothing she could do about it. Nothing smart anyways, even if fantasies of torturing Leia flashed in her mind.

She poured herself a drink, downing it without hesitation before pouring herself another. As well as one for Han, who had indeed joined her in the engine room. She clinked glasses with him before downing a second shot, finding she needed still more alcohol to dull the pain of losing the father she’d just met.

She opened her mouth to say something, but instead of words her tongue joined his in his mouth. Bodies smashed together and up against the bulkhead, trying to feel all of him at once through his shirt. Ripping it from him, as she found herself lacking the patience to take her time. Fingers digging into bare flesh as the torn remains of his short fluttered open, and her mouth was just as hungry on his throat. Biting him, marking him, wanting to hurt him, just a little. Not out of offense to him, personally, just to hurt someone, to exert power over someone. Not pulling off until there was an angry red mark on his neck.

“I’m going to fuck you senseless,” she growled, sliding her hand down his pants.

Han gasped a little as Mara shoved him into the wall, only to have the sound cut off by her mouth. He could taste the sharp alcohol on her tongue and he gripped her ass, pulling her tight against him. She broke the kiss and latched on to his throat, sucking and biting. He gasped again, this time in a sudden sharp pain as she bit down, and the feeling made his cock surge to life. “I’m going to fuck you senseless,” she growled, sliding her hand down his pants.

"That so?" he growled back, thrusting his cock into her hand. He rocked his hips, fucking her fist as his fingers dragged up her back and found her hair. Tugging, he forced her head back and pulled her throat to his lips. Teeth fastened on her flesh as he bit and sucked, worrying her skin until a sharp bruise stood out on her pale skin. "Think you can take me? Think you can stop me from taking what I want?"

He gripped the collar of her jumpsuit and pulled, forcing the zipper to scream open as he bared her to his gaze. "Because unless you can," he... threatened? Promised? It was hard to tell as his teeth scraped over the flesh at the base of her throat. "Unless you can stop me," he continued, "I'll have you. I'll fuck your brains out right here, with that thick cock in your fist." He cupped her breasts, pinching the nipples between fingers and thumbs. "I'll fuck you till you can't take any more, and then fuck you again anyway."

Meeting her aggression with his own was exciting for Mara. Inspiring her, not to back away, to double down. To use his magnificent body as a living dildo to get off on. To make her suffer the sweet torment of her orgasms, again and again. To drain all the passion he could muster, as if it could fill the void growing within her. But his last words inspired something else, something far darker. Revenge.

“Are you now, smuggler? Is that how you treat an Imperial Princess? As a cheap slut to be used as a cock sleeve? Or is there more? Do you use my body to mete out your frustrations with the Empire? Pound your aggravation into me, until I fall before you?” Mara taunted, inviting him to do his worst. Encouraging him to cross lines, between seductive and sadistic. Oh she wanted cruelty and malice, wrapped up in a dark lust that consumed. She needed a good hard fucking, the kind that would leave her limping afterwards.

Of course, there were things she had learned, from the man who masqueraded as her father. Techniques, to share sensations. Techniques she had used on Han, to enhance his pleasure last time. But, as she had also learned, pleasure was not the only sensation she could send through the link. And Han was not the only person she could send it to, as she reached towards the cunt waiting in the airlock.

“Why don’t you show me what happens to an imperial Princess with a dirty criminal gets his filthy hands on her?”

A hot, dark lust coursed through Han, an urge to just take and use this haughty noble bitch. Not his usual style of arousal, part if him new, but she wanted it. Wanted it as he grabbed her by the throat and slammed her into the bulkhead wall. Wanted it as he held her there, dragging her jumpsuit down over her shoulderscwith his free hand. "Imperial princess?" he snarled, mocking laughter in his voce. "Imperial fucking whore, more like."

His free hand gripped her breast, fingers digging into the soft mound of flesh as he squeezed. "Daddy's nit here to help you, is he? Princess?" His teeth fastened on her throat, painfully hard as he left livid bruise on her skin. "Gonna mark you," he growled, twisting her nipple. "Whole galaxy'll see you we'ree just a cheap Corellian cum slut."

Fuck, this was insane. Where were these urges coming from? He talked] rough, plenty of times, but he'd never actually done it. Then he soun her around, shoving her into the wall as he dragged the jumpsuit down over her hips. "Haven't fucked this hole yet," he growled, grinding his thick cock against her ass. "Should I?" He grabbed a fistfull of hair, forcing her to look at him. "Your choice, Princess. I'm going to use you to get off, anyway. Use you like a cheap whore. Ass first, or cunt?"

Her body clenched at his threat and offer. “Why don’t you ravage this tight cunt first,” She suggested, that very cunt throbbing in anticipation. Not that he left her waiting long, impaling her in a sudden, rough thrust. “Fuck!” she gasped out, wet as hell but otherwise unprepared to take him. But the pressure of his shaft forcing her walls apart was incredible, igniting that dark lust in her mind.

“Is…that all you got?” She growled, gasping against as he pressed into all her walls. Demanding space inside her. Pulling out some, even as she gripped him in a silken vice, just to split her open again. “Come on. I thought you were fucking this royal pussy. It’s a capital offense, to use me like this. Better make it worth your while.” He yanked her hair back, forcing her neck to bend painfully as he made her meet his strokes.

Leia had let herself sink into the force, seeking the strength that was needed to endure. Drawing on her bond with Luke, strained as it was now by distance. Still, she felt him, alive, but nothing else. Too far now. But there was enough of him in her mind to construct her favorite fantasy of him, the fantasy she couldn’t dare live out.

Luke’s hands caressed her face, his touch always bringing peace. She nuzzling her cheek against his hand, but he didn’t respond, instead moving lower, along her neck. Caressing turned into gripping, tightening over her windpipe as everything seemed darker. “Luke?” she whimpered, as breathing grew more difficult, but a blink later it was no longer her brother’s hands. Instead it was that captain. One of his hands groped by her breast, twisting the nipple painfully as his teeth latched onto her neck.

"Gonna mark you," he growled, twisting her nipple. "Whole galaxy'll see you were just a cheap Corellian cum slut."

Leia tried to escape the darkening vision, tried to return to consciousness, but the force held her down like disembodied hands. Holding her in place, to receive the cruel attentions of the lecherous captain of this ship. She was spun around, stripped of her defenses. Bent over and vulnerable before her attacker. Threatened with a thick cock, prodding her ass, promising untold violations.

“I'm going to use you to get off, anyway. Use you like a cheap whore. Ass first, or cunt?"

Struggle as she might, there was nowhere for her to go, no escape. Nothing left but to shriek as he drove into her, tight and unyielding. His grip in her hair forcing her body to meet his, denying her any resistance or comfort.

Part of Han's mind rebelled against his actions, appalled by what he was doing. That portion was shouted down, drowned out by the predatory lust that filled his mind as he drove himself into Mara. She uttered a gasping sound of pleasure mingled with a little pain, and he growled at the feel of her tight slit barely accepting him as he fircex himself into her. "Is that all you got?" she groaned, taunting him. "Come on. I thought you were fucking this royal pussy. It's a capital offense, to use me like this. Better make it wirth your while."

In response he jerked her head back. "Nothing special about this cunt, whore," he hissed, driving hinself into her hard enough to slam her hios into the wall. "Just another cock-hungry slut, fir all your airs." He pressed her into the wall, his arm pressing her cheek into the metal of the bulkhead, cock slamming into her with brutal force. "Little Imperial bitch, been dreaming of this. Haven't you? Fucking Imperial slut!"

What the fuck was wrong with him?

He jerked back on her hair, cock throbbing at the tears if pain that welled up in her eyes, and used the handhold to force his cock deeper into her. "This us your future," he growled, biting the nape of her neck. His thick meat pistoned into her, pounding her into the bulkhead. "Gonna be... my cum dump. Until I get bored. Then... then I'll give you to... the Rebels. Let them get a piece of... of the Empire." He bit harder as his cock throbbed, and he tasted blood.

"Fuck!" Han roared as he came, throwing his head back. "Feel that! Feel me... using... you? Slut?"

Leia screamed in her own mind as her body was ravaged, split on the dense cock of the Captain. Tender insides battered by his momentum. Every inch of her, begging for relief and release and a moment to breath. Even enduring his seed inside her wasn’t so bad as enduring another moment of this. And his taunts, raping her in revenge against the Empire.

Just when she thought it couldn’t get any worse, her cunt began to tremble, breeding a shame even deeper that her lust over Luke as her body begged for violation…

Han played his role well. Almost too well, happy to use her as roughly as she craved. As she needed, to chase away other, darker thoughts. The hull was cool against her blood warm body, as unforgiving as his strokes as she was forced against it. Each thrust filled her slit, filled her mind, flowing from hers to the captive in the air lock.

Leia’s torment was as tangible as Han’s fingers in her hair. Satisfying, a small taste of retribution. Enjoying this, while it brutalized the lady Vader was rich, enough to drive Mara to a violent climax, one that strangled Han within her. Viciously intense, punishing herself for following her kidnapper as though he were a parent to her. As if he ever saw her as anything more than a tool.

Mara was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief as Han finished in her, flooding her body with the heat of his desire. Gushing and overflowing, sliding down her quivering thighs. “Hmm, just what I needed,” she moaned, clenching against he as he softened within. “Thanks.”

She half turned, seeking a kiss to come down from the heights of ecstasy and abuse, “Or do I owe you some anal now, too?”

Han gasped for breath, thighs and calves quivering from the effort if raping the Imperial... He shook his head, trying to clear it. Rape wasn't his style, and he hadn't forced anything. Had he? Hell, no. Not with Mara giving him a sated, heavy-lidded look iver her shoulder and offering to let him fuck her sss. So why, then, did he feel so, so filthy? Feel like he'd done something... something wrong? Something evil?

"No, I mean," he began, wiping sweat from his forehead as a civer for not knowing what he was trying to say. "That is..." He ciuldn't meet her eyes, felt like he'd see some strange silent accusation there. "I mean... I..." Damn it! She'd wanted it rough! Why did he feel like there should be fear and hate in her gaze?

Han staggered backwards, gripping his belt with one hand and scrubbing at his mouth with the back of the other. "I just... I don't, don't feel well," he managed. It wasn't rape! I'm not a rapist! Why do I feel like I am? "I, I just need, need some water. And, and to sit diwn."

Damn it! What's wrong withme? He should have been all over her. Should have hands and mouth all over that tight bidy if hers, working on getting himself hard again. What? The? Fuck?

Mara tried not to be bothered by Han’s reaction, tried not to care that he didn’t kiss her afterwards. He was just a fuck toy, after all, a living dildo to be used at her whim. But without a playful kiss at the end, everything he had done, everything she had encouraged him to do felt darker. Crueler. More real.

And clearly, he was upset. Why? It wasn’t like she controlled him, or compelled him to ask that way. He had done that, of his own volition. Just a coincidence that he played into her torment of Leia so well. But he didn’t like it, didn’t like how he felt after. And that made her feel like guilty as hell.

“That’s…that’s fine. I’m, uh, pretty satisfied,” Mara acknowledged, trying to soothe Han’s distress. But he left as soon as he was dressed, and she let herself fall onto the floor. She had hoped to distract herself, from her father’s death, but now she felt even worse. Why wasn’t rough sex helping? Why wasn’t paying back the imperial bitch helping? Giving into her lust, her hate, her despair, it wasn’t helping her. It was consuming her.

“Dammit,” she sobbed, hitting the hull with balled fists. Why did she have to know that he was her father? Why did she have to meet him, after a lifetime apart, just to lose him a day later? What was she supposed to do?

There is emotion and yet there is peace.

Quentin’s words came back to her. Her father, her real father. Carried on the force, or her memories, she wasn’t entirely sure. Tormenting Leia, using Han, those were the emperor’s methods, and they were as false as he was. What she needed now were the teachings her father had left with her, in their brief time together.

So, she cleaned herself off and dressed, retrieving Quentin’s lightsaber. Sinking into her memories and the force, remembering the movements of Shii-Cho he had shown her. Reciting the Jedi Code as he had, as she moved through the forms. “There is emotion, and yet there is peace. There is ignorance, and yet there is knowledge. There is passion, yet there is serenity. There is chaos, yet there is harmony. There is death, yet there is the Force.”

Bail had been watching, in silence, meeting her gaze when she opened her eyes, “Have you decided, Mara? Will you join the Rebel Alliance?”

“There is something I must do, first. Follow in my mother and father’s footsteps, and learn the ways of the Jedi.”

Bail sat in the silence of the common room, sipping a mug of something that approximated tea and trying not to dwell on the horrors of the past few days. Torture, followed by the threat of execution and the death of his homeworld. The death of his wife, of... Shuddering, he took another sip and concentrated on the task at hand. Get to Yavin IV. Deliver BT-1 to the engineers. Find a weakness in the obscenity the empire called 'Death Star'.

There had to be a weakness. Too many good soldiers had died on Scarith for there nit to be one.

Lost in his thoughts, he barely registered as the captain stumbled past. Onky the snapping hiss of a lightsaber activatingm and the humming of the blade caught his attention. He looked up, watching as Mara exercised with Quentin's white-bladed weapon. Quentin. Another casualty of the struggle for freedom. Hiw many more lives would it cost? Would it ever end?

Mara finally reached the end if her practice. "Have you decided, Mara? Will you join the Rebel Alliance?"

"There is something I must do, first," she declared, hooking the hilt of Quentin's weapon - her weapon, niw - to her belt.

"Oh?" He sipped his tea. "And what is that?"

"Follow in my mother and father's footsteps, and learn the ways of the Force."

Bail considered his next words carefully. She'd rescued him, and helped fend off the TIE Fighters. But she'd been raised as Palpatine's heir, for reasons he didn't fathom. He believed she was sincere, but... "i may be able to help with that," he said slowly as he made up his mind. "Quentin was the last surviving Jedi Master I knew of, but there are others with some training that might be able to help. Agents Fulcrum and Lever, if they are willing. And your father left caches, scattered about the galaxy. Holocrons and texts, as well as cash and supplies. I don't know where, myself, but I know someone who might." He hesitated. "On Zeltros."

Mara nodded, sitting down beside him. Of course, all of that would likely have to wait until after they reached Yavin 4, and delivered the Death Star Plans. Because the weapon that destroyed Ni Jedha and Alderaan had to be stopped, and they had the plans, the only conceivable thing that could help. Besides, even if she weren’t yet a Jedi, should could be of use to the Rebels. She had been trained in the force, in the dark side at least, and that was a skill she could offer up.

Thinking on how she had been trained on the darkside reminded her of what she had done, to Han and Leia, and she decided the first step towards becoming a Jedi lie in righting that wrong. She still wasn’t up to facing Han, and doubted he wanted to see her either, so she made for the airlock, and Leia.

Peeking through the airlock window, she took note of Leia, still shuddering, and wrapping her arms around her legs. “Are you alright?”

What do you think?” Leia barked back, not hiding the anger in her tone.

“I imagine you are feel humiliated and angry. At least, that how I felt, after what you did to me,” Mara explained, leaning against door. “I thought it was only fair, to turn that back on you, and make you suffer as I did. But I felt worse, afterwards. I…I’m sorry.”

Leia looked up at her, bewilderment on her features. She opened her mouth to speak once or twice, before closing it again, her expression growing more confused as time passed. Finally, she found a word. “Why?”

Mara shrugged, “I was hurting, and angry, and I wanted someone else to feel what I felt. After what you did to me, and watching my father die, I…”

“Wait, your father died? The emperor?” Leia interrupted, even more confused, but at least in a different way this time.

“No, Quentin Hall is my father. Was my father, until yours cut him down,” Mara explained, still processing the loss herself. Leia still seemed confused, so Mara continued, “I don’t really get all of it, but it seems like the emperor forced my mother to become an assassin, when she was imprisoned. Using me as collateral, to persuade her. And then he used her legacy to motivate me to follow in her footsteps.”

Leia didn’t speak for a time, taking in all the information Mara had passed along. “I’m sorry, too. You know how things are, with the insurgence of the rebels. We are expected to do whatever it takes to stop them, and more and more lately, I am not sure I agree with it all.”

It was Mara turned to be surprised. “Really?”

“I mean, the destruction of Alderaan? It wasn’t even a military act, just a show of force. To get the other planets in line. An entire world of people destroyed, just to demonstrate the power of the Death Star.” She was quiet for a while longer before she added, “Do you think the rebellion would have me?”

“I am not sure the rebellion is in any place to be turning people away. Especially those like us.” Mara countered.

"I commend you on your ship, Captain," Bail said as he entered the cockpit. "She is deceptively fast and well made,"

Lost in his own brooding thoughts, staring out into the swirling chaos of hyperspace, Han hadn't heard him come in. "Hm? Oh, yeah. Comes in handy, a lot."

The Senator took a seat, looking around the cramped cockpit."" "Is she fast enough to outrun a tracking beacon?"

"She's...". The import of Bail's question sank in. "Wait. What? You think they're tracking is?" Ham shook his head angrily. "Even if they got a fix before we jumped, the Falcon's not an easy ship to follow!"

"We have the Lady Vader aboard. I suspect Lord Vader could find her anywhere in the galaxy." Han's derisive snort made Bail smile. "And, if you don't believe in the power of the Force..."

"I don't," Han interrupted.

"...the Empire could have affixed a transmitter to your ship." Ham swore suddenly and turned to the console as Bail continued. "It's the only reason for the ease of our escape."

"Ease?" Even distracted, Han sounded offended. "You call that chase easy?"

"Only one squadron was sent in pursuit." Bail gestured out into space. "If the Empire had wanted us dead, they'd have sent more ships. And if they'd wanted us recaptured, they'd have sent a frigate with the fighters."

"Yeah, well...". Han's voice trailed away as he looked at his display. "Shit. Goddamn fucking hell."

On his feet now, Bail stared over the captain's shoulder. "What? What's wrong?"

Han gestured at the readouts. "You were right," he grimaced. "There's a beacon."

“Can I at least get out of the airlock?” Leia asked, standing now. Mara scrunched her face in consideration.

“It’s not really up to me. The rest of the crew is rightly worried about what a danger you would be to them.”

“Yeah, but you’re fucking the captain, right? I’m sure he’d listen to you,” Leia challenged, arms crossed over her chest.

“About that,” Mara started, not really ready to have that difficult conversation, “I don’t think he approved of what I did to you. Not that he knew, exactly, but he was pretty upset when we…finished.” Her voice was laced with guilt as she shuffled awkwardly.

“And admitting what you did do to me will convince everyone not to let me out, for fear that I would want to take my revenge,” Leia reasoned, sighing. Her back was to Mara now, leaning against the door separating them, “Can you at least tell me where we are going?”

Mara hesitated. Could she communicate with her father or Luke at this distance? Did it even matter? It was likely they were already being tracked, given how easily they escaped. “Yavin IV.”

“Not Dantooine then?” Leia chuckled, resting on the floor once more. “So Bail lied after all.”

"A beacon?" Bail's expression was concerned. "I'd really hoped I was wrong. Can you do anything about it?"

"Sure," Han drawled. "Once we come out of hyperspace. I'd have to go out on the hull to remove it, and that's a death sentence right now." Then he cocked his head, listening as Chewbacca hooted a suggestion. "No. Well... hang on. Let me..." He checked the display, and shook his head. "No. It's positioned between collector five and six. We'd have to shoot through the hull, and that'd wreck everything."

"Could we get to it from inside?" Bail asked. He had no idea what the Wookie had said, but it had given him an idea.

Han shook his head. "Not without dismantling half the primary drive, no. Son of a bitch that placed it knew his business."

"Then we're leading the Empire straight to the primary Alliance base," Bail said, resigned. Chewbacca hooted. "What did he say?"

"Chewie wants to know what's so important about those psycho droids of yours," Han translated. "Why's the Empire so gung-ho about getting them back? They could manufacture assassin droids by the millions, if they wanted."

"Because," Bail said with a frown, "BT-1's memory contains the technical readouts for that battle station. Including the vulnerability it's chief designer engineered into it, if we can just find it."

Han fell silent for a minute. "Well, shit."

Snub fighters - Incom T-63s or 65s. to Han's eye - intercepted them within ten minutes of dropping out of hyperspace. He tensed over the slaved controls of the quad guns as Bail exchanged a series of code phrases with the pilots, and didn't relax as they were ordered to follow a specific flight path and not deviate from it. The fighters dogged them the whole way, curving around a pumpkin and ocher striped gas giant and arrowing down towards one of the moons. They flew over the equatorial region, finally touching down in a jungle clearing near an ancient monolithic stone pyramid complex.

Outside, hard-eyed men in uniforms trained blasters on his ship. His hands itched at the sight, but this was Bail's play. He'd let the old man see it through. So he followed the Prince (former Prince?) down the ramp, walking next to Mara. Behind them came the Lady Vader, flanked by 000 and BT-1, who were vocally cheerful at informing the prisoner that they had orders to terminate her with extreme prejudice if anything unusual happened.

"Your highness!" gasped an older, iron-haired man as they emerged from the ship. He stepped forward, clasping Bail's hand and clapping him on the shoulder. "You're safe! We had feared the worst." With an effort he stepped back and saluted. "When we heard about Alderaan, we were afraid that you were... lost." A moment's hesitation. "Along with Her Highness."

Bail returned the salute formally. "We don't have time for our sorrows, Commander Willard. The battle station has surely tracked us here." The assembled rebels gasped at that, the news shaking their discipline. You must use the information in BT-1 unit to plan an attack. It is our only hope."

Han stared at him, dumbfounded. "Wait, what? Attack?" He shook his head. "No. Get the hell out of here. Regroup, and try an attack later."

Bail shook his head now. "If we wait, the Empire will analyze the plans as well. If they find the weakness first, we will never get a shot a this." He looked at the droids. "BT-1, 000, go with the technicians. You will not kill or even harm any of them, without my express order. Is that understood."

BT-1 warbled, and 000 gave a passable impression of a sigh. "Yes, master. Come along, BT. We will simply have to take pleasure in the impending deaths of so many organics."

"The Empire?" asked a nervous technician. "Or us?"

"Whichever," 000 replied cheerily. "Just so long as organics die."

"Your highness," Commander Willard asked, gesturing at Han two women. "Who are they?"

"Han Solo, captain of this redoubtable ship," Bail said. "This is Mara Jade Voss-Hall, the daughter of Jedi Master Quentin Hall, who was slain helping us escape the Death Star. And this young woman is our special guest. The Lady Leia Vader."

Mara noticed how Bail introduced her to the Rebel Commander. Daughter of a Jedi Master who fell in battle, not the adopted daughter of the emperor. Protecting her, perhaps? The Jedi represented legitimate authority, after all, something the emperor would never possess until he wiped out the very last trace of the republic from the minds of the people. But Jedi weren’t supposed to have children. Nor were they supposed to be alive anymore, so Mara supposed those two cancelled each other out.

Mara also noticed that Leia received no such consideration. She was still leverage against Vader, and the Empire, instead of a welcome ally. Leia spoke first, hoping to change that. “I want to defect.”

Commander Willard gave her a skeptical look. “Do you now?” Leia nodded, standing her ground, “Why should I believe you?”

“The empire is already here. Orbiting Yavin. You have maybe thirty minutes before they are in range to strike you. You don’t have time to valid my sincerity, Commander. You just have to accept it.”

“Han!” Mara called, making her way across the tarmac. He was loading up the reward he received from Bail. Acknowledging her with a look, he didn’t stop form his task. “Look, I…I wanted to apologize. About what happened before. I used you, used you to get my revenge on Lady Vader and I was wrong. I’m sorry.”

“Is that why you encouraged me to…well,” He didn’t need to fill in the blanks. They both understood his meaning. She just nodded, and crossed her arms under chest. There was a moment of silence, while the rest of the rebel pilots headed for a mission briefing.

“Looks like you were well compensated,” Mara noted, filling the tension between them with words, “I guess that’s it, then?”

“Yeah, I got some debts I need to take care of with this. Why don’t you come with us?” Han asked, the hint of longing is his voice. “You can handle yourself in a fight. I could find a use for you.”

She could feel a “yes” forming in her mind. He was a fun distraction, just when she needed it, and he felt amazing inside her. But the time for distractions was past, and she had to focus on the future. It was bigger than her now. “This is where I belong. You could too, you know. They could use someone like you. And if they are going to take the Lady Vader, I doubt they are going to turn you away.”

“Attacking that battle station ain’t my idea of courage,” Han argued, “More like…suicide.”

“Maybe,” Mara agreed, nodding. The rest of the pilots were filtering out of their briefing, suiting up to take to their ships. “Take care of yourself, Captain. I mean that.” She turned, convincing herself it was for the best, turning her attention to the mission at hand.

“Mara!” He called, and she had half a mind to keep going. Still, she half turned to look at him, meeting that handsome smirk for what was likely the last time, “May the force be with you.” She left him with a smirk of her own, heading toward a ship.

Time seemed to race by, precious minutes lost as the technicians downloaded the plans and poured over them. Finally, with the gleeful assistance of BT-1 and 000, who took an almost obscene delight in the idea - a weakness was found. The weakness Galen Erso had promised. "If you will observe," 000 lectured, pointing it out to the gathered Rebel pilots, "there is a specific cooling vent here that leads directly to the reactor of the battle station. All you need do is launch a proton torpedo directly down the shaft, and millions of organics die in a spectacular fashion!"

"That opening is only two meters wide!" A pilot gasped out. "That's almost imposdibke!"

"It hardly matters to me," 000 replied calmly. "Either way, organics die. A win-win..."

"Yes, yes, thank you," Commander Willard interrupted. "It's a terrible plan, I admit. But it is also our only plan. After Skarith, we haven't enough capital ships to take on a single Star Destroyer, and the Death Star outguns one by orders of magnitude." He looked around the room. "If we can't stop it now, we will never stop it. And that will mean the end of the Rebellion."

The room fell silent as the pilots absorbed thst. Finally, one of them raised his hand. "Why don't they just blow up Yavin? Why wait until they..."

"Oh, easily answered," 000 chimed in. "Yavin is a brown dwarf, very nearly a star. It would go nova, destroying the Death Star as well as all of you."

"We have 17 minutes in which to save the Rebellion," Commander Willard announced. "May the Force be with you."

"Mara!" Bail called out as the Princess headed for an X-wing. "A moment." He looked around. "Look," he said, "watch out for yourself up there. And not just because you're attacking that station." He frowned. "Watch out for Leia. This is an alliance if convenience for her, and we wouldn't even let her go up if you weren't vouching for her."

He hesitated. "If... if everything is lost, run." He stared her in the eyes. "The galaxy needs the Alluance, but it needs the Jedi more. Head for Sullust, and find agent Fulcrum. Broadcast three long and four short pulses on 113.072.66 until you receive the challenge 'how's the sky, guy?' Your response is 'snips'."

He drew a deep breath. "Fulcrum has spent two decades tracking down your father's caches of lore and supplies, and studying the Force." Finally, he forced a smile. "Niw go. And may the Force be with you."

“Are you really okay with this? We might run into Your father, or Luke up there,” Mara noted over the comm link, strapping into her x-wing.

“That’s more of an asset to you than a drawback,” Leia explained through the speaker, “They will both know which ship I am in, as well, and neither will shoot me down.”

Mara considered this, as she set the ignition sequence for her spacecraft, “Let’s hope you are right.” The engines of her ship stirred, lifting her off the ground and into the sky above. As her fingers tightened around the steering shaft, she heard, no felt a familiar voice, and presence.

Mara, let the force be with you.

I’ll make you proud of me yet, Father.

“This is Red leader, sound off,” came over the comm, as they left the atmosphere of Yavin IV.

“This is Red Five,” Mara informed.

“This Red-Six,” Leia repeated after her, her fighter just behind Mara’s.
“We’re entering their magnetic field. Hang on tight and divert deflectors to double front.” The Death Star grew larger before them, it’s smooth surface giving way to towers and trenches and scaffolding.

“This is Gold leader, starting our attack run.” Three fighter dipping low, disappearing into the trench.

“Red team, draw fire away from the trench.”

“Red Five is on it!” Mara called back, veering close to the anti-aircraft tower, Leia flying on just the other side of it.

Back
Top Bottom