Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

:: [ MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA ] ::

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would rely entirely on the dialogue choices to make that work, but I'd probably either be a Turian or a Human anyway. I don't buy the 'not knowing what's going on' angle, it's more just that sometimes sticking with the human perspective allows everyone to have an understandable and relatable background that people can flesh out on their own. We know humans because we are humans, we know how they can be and what they can do. A human knowing about turian culture allows us to know it in the way we can understand it.

Not everyone is going to understand that say, Turians are culturally uncaring about what the hell people get into as long as they do their job and that while a Turian could have an opinion against say...a space-meth addict holding a high ranking position on something, culturally it'd be like "Bro, why are you being so goddamn weird about this?" It'd be the equivalent of banging your head against a wall and putting a human perspective on a turian life. While I am in agreement that it'd be very cool to see the finer depths of other cultures, humanity is the point for people because it's what we know versus something we don't or we culturally can't.

My two cents, anyway. I also saw the multiplayer video and I am pretty stoked, it looks like everything I was hoping they'd do.

Now that the game has been out for a while, did it live up to the hype? Disappointed about the facial animations? Are the new romances as good as the old ones? Where the hell do they store the guns they aren't using? (Andromeda has better reload animations but the older games had the guns visible on the characters while the new one apparently has a hyperspace pockets or something.)

Raziel83 said:
Now that the game has been out for a while, did it live up to the hype? Disappointed about the facial animations? Are the new romances as good as the old ones? Where the hell do they store the guns they aren't using? (Andromeda has better reload animations but the older games had the guns visible on the characters while the new one apparently has a hyperspace pockets or something.)

Great game, bunch of genuinely horrible people obsessed with complaining about it. The vast majority of which know absolutely nothing about the game and spout lies constantly about it. Most of whom just hate the game because they don't get horny from the female characters.

Also, guns are visible on your character. (Which is slightly amusing if you have three or more larger guns equipped and you have giant chunks on your thighs.)

They are? My computer won't run the game so I've just watched a walkthrough and could swear that I can't see the guns on the character... (And Seeing as GG was crying about an EEEBIL SJW woman working on the game and faking controversy even before it was out I am not surprised that things have been exaggerated. Though the company has admitted that there is something wrong with the facial animations and they are going to fix it.)

Raziel83 said:
They are? My computer won't run the game so I've just watched a walkthrough and could swear that I can't see the guns on the character... (And Seeing as GG was crying about an EEEBIL SJW woman working on the game and faking controversy even before it was out I am not surprised that things have been exaggerated. Though the company has admitted that there is something wrong with the facial animations and they are going to fix it.)

The animations were supposed to have gotten a major patch recently

Writing plotwise could had been better. Half the characters feel like expies of the 1st game character. Peebee is essentially Andromada version of Liara in role, Drack = Wrex in some ways, Liam and Cora almost reflects your human companions, and Vetra even with the visor felt like Garrus in reverse gender form. Plot wasn't that grand, though I am intrigued about the creators behind the Remnants. Lastly the animation felt poor ...not just the facial one for a supposedly next gen Mass effect compared to ME3.

The characters despite pointing at similarities were at least engaging enough, making me enjoy the journey. Poor Liam got the Kaidan and Jacob effect of dullest crew members. Cora was an intriguing mix of her origins connected to the badass Asari Commandos. Curiosity on Vetra a little more. Drack is my bro...DatKroganBias. Jaal a welcome addition and really was utilized to shape his race further which is okay. PeeBee...meh like a less annoying but smarter version of Sara from Dragon Age inquisition with prettier face and decent tits.

With all they left behind...I'll see how the sequel is. Definitely not superior to the old Trilogy yet not the worse RPG by a long shot. Left enough for a sequel...dunno if they will have as much strength with the issues they ran into. Doesn't help the top dog is no longer EAware but CD Projekt with the Masterpiece known as The Witcher 3.

I am going to disagree about the characters being expies.

For example, Liara started out as a naive bookworm not suited for the action filled adventure. Peebee on the other hand is a chirpy cheery ADHD-kid who is trying way too much and breaks rules as much as possible because she wants people to keep a distance by making herself seem tough and weird. Not much in common there. Drack and Wrex are both from the "grizzled and tired warrior" stereotype and possibly the closest match but apart from that the team is not supposed to be a expy of the old one.

I can't say I agree with the expy thing either, Drack is nothing like Wrex other than that they're both old. Drack is a lot more talkative and chatty like that Grandpa who likes hanging around grandkids. Jacob wishes he had the personality that Liam did. Liam's strength is in his normalcy, he didn't have some crazy ass story for why he wanted to go, he just wanted to. He admitted himself that his life was great and he really wasn't escaping anything, and someone like that on a crew of randos is pretty great because of how friendly he is. Vetra is a giant overprotective bitch though, kind of in a good way, but you put her and Liam in a party and it's like two seconds away from a fistfight in casual conversations.

I mean if you're going to go that route then you might as well just said "Token two humans and alien crew."

There's some hiccups in Andromeda, but I don't think the characters are it.

Sanoci said:
Writing plotwise could had been better. Half the characters feel like expies of the 1st game character. Peebee is essentially Andromada version of Liara in role, Drack = Wrex in some ways, Liam and Cora almost reflects your human companions, and Vetra even with the visor felt like Garrus in reverse gender form.

Peebee is really nothing like Liara.

Neither is Drack like Wrex.

Or Liam and Cora like any other pair of human squadmates.

And Vetra has plenty of differences from Garrus.

Sanoci said:
Doesn't help the top dog is no longer EAware but CD Projekt with the Masterpiece known as The Witcher 3.

And a person who knows nothing about Andromeda and is lying their backside off just to whine about it is a Witcher 3 fanboy.

Is anyone surprised? It's like Witcher fanboys are desperately trying to convince themselves that they haven't arbitrarily decided complete garbage is the greatest thing in the world. But hey, plenty of reviewers will suck up to you and your vendetta against games that aren't Witcher 3.

Raziel83 said:
It's just that the haters were very loud.

Haters are always very loud. This thread demonstrates that quite nicely.

HookHandedMan said:
Forgive me for asking, but do you need to have played the previous three to understand Andromeda?

No, you don't. There are references to the original series in it, but the events of Mass Effect 2 have not occurred when the Andromeda explorers depart the Milky Way. Really, if you've ponly played the first Mass Effect, that's as much as you'll need for Andromeda...and for background info only.

Raziel83 said:

So far I'm enjoying the game. Okay, I have a crappy video card that can't handle anything but the lowest game settings, but still...

The characters and companions are, so far, well-written. I like that they have distinct personalities and backgrounds, and I love how much "party banter" there is between companions. Not so enthusiastic about how much system-hopping there is, but that's the way most GRPGs go; fortunately, you can do just about everything you need in one visit, and return visits aren't needed for the main plot-path (so far - I'm only about half-way through the game on my first play-through).

I'm not regretting buying the game, that's for sure.

Sanoci said:
Writing plotwise could had been better. Half the characters feel like expies of the 1st game character. Peebee is essentially Andromada version of Liara in role, Drack = Wrex in some ways, Liam and Cora almost reflects your human companions, and Vetra even with the visor felt like Garrus in reverse gender form.

Nah...not going to agree at all, there. Yes, Peebee and Liara are both academics, but that's where the similarities end. Liam notihng like Kaidan beyond being a human male, and Cora nothing like Ash other than both being a human female. Verta and Garrus...? They'd make a kick-ass couple, but I'd hardly say they're alike. Wrex and Drax are probably closest in similarity, but even then they both have different motivations.

Sanoci said:
Doesn't help the top dog is no longer EAware but CD Projekt with the Masterpiece known as The Witcher 3.

There it is. >.>

Smoky: Yes because you clearly are the expert to tell whether someone played Andromeda or not. I completed through the entire game from the six outposts to the mystery behind the benefactor whom placed countless funds to the Andromeda initiative with mentions of the Reapers. Barring a few decisions, most of what you do in the game doesn't really reflect in the ending but neat to know some pop up like the AI, Pathfinders, etc. Whine? Did you not see the comments I made immediately afterward.

I see similarities but never have I said they are expies... feel last time I check did not = are. Also Witcher 3 Fanboy? If anything I am a Dragon Age Fanboy and admit it all day long for my intense joy of that universe. Just because I can acknowledge from playing both which to me felt like the superior game does not constitute any ill will for those who love the game nor does it say it was complete crap.

Broom & Raziel : Liam, whether want to admit it or not, wasn't the strongest personality amongst the crew in terms of the new game hence why pick him as the weak link of the crew mates to follow you along. Similarity the mention of Drack is less on the stereotypical old veteran than how both can acknowledge things need to change and seeing a future for the people. Krogan who can see the bigger picture as a whole and being badass old men helps too. Again said in some ways vs a complete carbon copy.

Pee-Bee in role felt like her..again opinion we all have 1. The decision you make in the end of her personal quest is one I am curious about...I personally killed the crazy ex in the end. More or less like Liara she fills the role of the Scientist for the ancient civilization except with the Remnant its a constant right now.

I am biased with Cora...she was the romance option and going to the Asari ark was a fun mission all in itself. All the arks offered some fun moments though probably in the minority by having no Turian Pathfinder. The pacing of the main story and logically animation for a 5 year game was my hiccups. Need to admittedly do playthrough 2 to get more out of Vetra romantically to connect more dots. Wished final boss fight wasn't a minion marathon and dodge the Archon :/

A bit of my background...I love Mass Effect 2 and 3. The ending to 3 did disappointment, but I enjoy the hell out of the other 99% of the game.

Andromeda ran like crap on my 4 year old PC...so I went out and got a brand new one. Runs much better now. I'm not bragging, I just want to make sure everyone knows where I'm coming from. The old animations didn't bother me, because the faces were so detailed. Of course the patch was a MAJOR improvement.

having said that...I'm about 10 hours into the game..and nothing is really grabbing me to play. I'm finding the story and side quests tiresome, "hey, I know you're trying to save our space in the new galaxy...but can you feed my fish?" I also don't like the Pathfinder being treated almost as a religious icon "but, you have to do it...you're the Pathfinder!". I really wish the character started as the pathfinder, as they would have training/supplies that would explain why everyone is looking up to them.

I do like that combat is more mobile now, less of a cover shooter. I HATE the exploration tank, hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate. Its not as bad as Gotham Theft Auto, not yet anyway.

I'm probably going to wait for another patch or two, or some DLC (Dey Love Cash) and then give it another shot.

So.... Mass Effect as a whole has recently been shelved/ put on Hiatus by EA via moving them into a support team role. Like everything EA does eventually, it kills it. Proof? I found a new copy unopened sold for less than 30$. Last game of recent memory that tank on price quickly was the notorious No Man Skies. Even Bioware new IP was put on ice......

[Who gives a fuck about explaining simple things to people who need no reason at all to make life fucking hell for others who just want to enjoy something those people can't tolerate other people liking. Fuck "fandom".]

Vetra really interests me and I enjoyed her character, her little sister was cute and gave more of aspect to her character. I like the fact that we got to see Garrus's dad ((spoiler))

SmokyKisses said:
[Who gives a fuck about explaining simple things to people who need no reason at all to make life fucking hell for others who just want to enjoy something those people can't tolerate other people liking. Fuck "fandom".]
Chill out. No-one's stopping you from liking Andromeda.

Major Mario said:
Chill out. No-one's stopping you from liking Andromeda.
The fifth post in this thread was someone actively trying to make it a hostile place for people who don't spout shit nonstop about the series.

The post above the one you quoted is someone desperate to see things other people enjoy cease to exist, encouraged by a piece of bullshit clickbait that claims unsubstantiated rumors of entirely normal post-launch practices in the gaming industry are signs of doom and gloom over how terrible a game that sold very well and has millions of fans is.

And to prove what kind of delusional losers are devoted to making the BioWare fandom hell for people who actually play BioWare games: Sanoci is claiming that BioWare's new IP is "on ice" when THE ENTIRE REASON BIOWARE MONTREAL IS (allegedly) NOT WORKING ON AN ANDROMEDA SEQUEL RIGHT THIS MINUTE IS THAT THEY'RE HELPING WITH BIOWARE'S NEW IP.

But people like Sanoci don't give a shit. Because all he wants is to make anyone who actually play the games to have absolutely no desire to be anywhere near discussion of them, just so the only voices he hears are the rest of the circlejerk who desperately want BioWare to die because they don't make games that are exactly what those self-centered people want.

Look... just because you have a certain opinion on a game that is so derragatory towards others people's views doesn't mean that you should feel the need to share it in the way that you do.

People are entitled to their own opinions. Whether you agree with it or not, you should still be civil and polite with your disagreement because at this point it's getting old in how negatively you respond to other people's honest opinions on the game

This is a 'Gamers Haven' thread under 'General Discussions' there's no need for such animosity or hatred towards other people's thoughts on a game like this.

I know I have no 'real authority' but I do feel that I'm entitled to my own opinion and feel the need to come out and say that this is far enough on the discussion if you're going to treat other poeples thoughts this way.

I'll leave it at that. Have a good night.

I played Andromeda, after previously playing the other games and enjoying every aspect of the world.

But, just like the other games, I traded it in after two weeks. While the lore of Mass Effect is something I enjoy, there was always something that put me off playing, whether or not it was the graphics, the gameplay or the fact that any time I play something by Bioware that ISN'T a Star Wars game, I get assaulted by this wave of tedium that permeates the entire storyline.

That said, I hope the new IP cures this curse that plagues Bioware for me. Highly doubtful, though.

Sailing Sam said:
Look... just because you have a certain opinion on a game that is so derragatory towards others people's views doesn't mean that you should feel the need to share it in the way that you do.

People are entitled to their own opinions. Whether you agree with it or not, you should still be civil and polite with your disagreement because at this point it's getting old in how negatively you respond to other people's honest opinions on the game

This is a 'Gamers Haven' thread under 'General Discussions' there's no need for such animosity or hatred towards other people's thoughts on a game like this.

I know I have no 'real authority' but I do feel that I'm entitled to my own opinion and feel the need to come out and say that this is far enough on the discussion if you're going to treat other poeples thoughts this way.

I'll leave it at that. Have a good night.

Agreed.

Let's try to take it down a notch.

I don't exactly have authority over THIS section, but I don't have any problem getting someone involved that does.

Well hey, you might as well close the thread. The alt-right psychopaths who want every female and LGBT Mass Effect fan and developer to be killed won in their hate campaign against a game with an asari that doesn't make their tiny Aryan dicks hard, thanks to gaming journalists who'll happily pander to trolls who want people who like things they don't to drop dead.

SmokyKisses said:
Well hey, you might as well close the thread. The alt-right psychopaths who want every female and LGBT Mass Effect fan and developer to be killed won in their hate campaign against a game with an asari that doesn't make their tiny Aryan dicks hard, thanks to gaming journalists who'll happily pander to trolls who want people who like things they don't to drop dead.

The thread doesn't need to be closed.

The flaming simply needs to stop.

I'll second what Sith said and add in my own two cents. You come in here trying to incite an argument. It's painfully obvious. We can have a discussion on this game, a game I've never played and don't plan to because I don't have the system for it, but it takes being cordial to have one.

I don't have much else to add, but it's kinda old when you necro a nearly 3 1/2 month old thread to try to stir the pot yet again.

I'm not sure why we are trying to stop flaming that had already died down 3 months ago, but this thread has been toxic for too long, and has outlived it's usefulness. Closing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom