Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

MURPG: So you want to be a hero?

Not to preempt lilithsboy but my impression is that depends on where Ambrosia is - i.e if she is inside in the library so are they, but if you are enjoying a view from the roof as you talk that is where they would be (so the question becomes where are you I suppose).

That would make sense. I was thinking both were at dinner or perhaps the living room.

Posted, he is going to begin suiting up, which the book says takes less than a panel.

*pops up*

Sorry I'm late!

Erm... Okay, let's see here.

Not sure about having a driver! Witnerstar's family are lawyers, not CEOs!

Maybe since she's new in town and doesn't have a car yet...

And maybe an Uber instead of a limo? ^_^

(Besides, don't Limos have somewhat tinted windows? That would make it pretty hard to see that she has hair like snow.)

Well you do have 20k a month to spend - so having a high end taxi retainer is not unreasonable (who may use a limo), as for the window it is possible you had it half down or some such.

I read again the Power Boost power and got a question, I'm ok with the part of having to touch the target though I do not know if a check is needed for that( I suppose close combat versus defense) but the main question I had here is about the duration of Power Boost.

I'm aiming to boost Eric's armor powers, because I can, right? or they wouldn't be considered powers? if that's so I would imbue some powers to the weapons systems of the armor then ^^

Just wanting to know this so I can further decide how to increase bronze man's armor

Question: could Concentration be combined with Telephatic Communications to discern locations of individuals or would just having Telepathy make it already possible?

Close Combat and Ranged Combat might count as powers but could than be overloaded by powerboost to become inoperable - but that might not count if they on Eric's natural skill.

So it might be unpowered powered armour.

No problem, Melissa could still imbue some power on his fists, something like energy charged fists, x2 damage, increased strength. I was thinking Melissa should be able to see if the suit and the enemies have powers so she would made a choice depending on that as well as to exploit a possible weakness or at least not to fall into some resistance. Suggestions welcomed by the way :)

Well I am not too sure how your vision works - most seem to be see a certain thing, or see in a different way, so I am not sure if you can see powers which are not used.
Can you see invisibility (when it is not used), or enhanced toughness (when looking at someone who looks perfectly normal) etc ... so I am not sure how it is being interpreted, maybe only when they are actively used? Suppose it is between you and lilithsboy.

My advise might be to simply imbue his armour (and yourself) with reflexive dodge for now - that will allow kckolbe to see how there character performs semi-naturally.

Also with your durability linked to your close combat ability you are no slouch in combat either (and can allocate dice to defence easilly enough if desired).

Okay here are the answers to questions (let me know if I miss any)

Duration of power boost is only for that turn you give him the ability after he allocates

Telepathy does not need a boost to help it locate people

Khan's power boost only works on a power that is in use (because she puts the stones in after she knows what powers are being used at that time.)

depends on the person. Most people can be pinpointed through use of just one stone while more will be needed with someone who has a mental defense (either because they have one passively or because they are actively trying to hide.) Note that some people you will not sense at all if their passive defense is too high.

About Power Boost, description says I put stones after everyone else has done so excepting prescience, but I still don't know how many stones have been put into those powers right? and is there a way to know that? Also knowing what powers are currently in use is an effect of Power Boost itself? For I figured Ambrosia would also be able to see powers not currently in use as well, but for that I mean by using her enhanced vision.

Oh got another question, Imbue says duration is stones I put into duration row, so if I'm to spend 4 stones and use none into duration it only last while in contact, but if I want it to last 1 panel I would have to imbue 3 and put 1 into duration, is that so?

Well I haven't assigned stones yet but I figure I would use 4 to imbue Eric's armor, 5 for defense, 5 free stones into enhanced vision and then would for others stone allocations to use power boost

khan said:
About Power Boost, description says I put stones after everyone else has done so excepting prescience, but I still don't know how many stones have been put into those powers right?
My reading on this is that once it is used everyone knows how many stones were used.

For example if Niobe and Melissa were sparing than it might go like this.

Melissa: Allocates 8 stones to close combat, and shifts 7 of them to defence.
Niobe: Used Ice Blast 6 to try and win quickly.

Hands are revealed.
Nothing would happen as defence is higher than attack (Niobe has toughness to protect themself).

However Melissa how has a hand on Niobe and can use power boost and so allocates 7 additional stones to her Ice Blast.

So now it is an Ice Blast of 13 which will firstly flare the power out of control (for lilithsboy to determine, potentially doing 6 damage to Melissa if the attack still hits) but also bringing it to more than double Niobe's limit rendering her Mastery power inoperable for 7 weeks.

Or such is my reading on it anyway.

You do know how many stones have been put into those powers yes.

Yes because of Imbument's special duration rules that is how it works.

If you imbue him for 4 you have to actually use another action and then move the stones to defense so have used both of your actions that round (your vision works as normal and does not actually use stones just tell me when you wish to direct it)

Your post was edited. Cuke dropped out your character is in the exact same situation before except it is fighting something else entirely.

Back
Top Bottom