Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tales of the Untamed ( Darkkitten9389 & CrimsonMaster )

Reaching the others, Belle thanked Josiah for readying her horse and she took the reins of the mount, stroking and patting the horses muzzle before she mounted as soon as they were all ready. Belle was happy to allow Lotsee to ride with her and she eased herself forward so that the other female could sit upon the horse with her. Once they were ready, the group head out, traveling out of town and southwest from El Paso. The horses covered the 10 mile journey easily before they reached the Comanche village. They slowed their mounts and slowly rode into the village, the inhabitants of the village all watching them while some of the warriors walked along with the riders as Lotsee guided them towards the teepee of the chief.

There, Belle slipped off her horse after Lotsee along with Josiah and Mathew while Lotsee spoke with her chief. They didn't approach until after Lotsee motioned them closer. Josiah greeted the chief and then introduced the other two. When she was introduced to the chief, Belle greeted him softly. While she stood there with her little group, Belle felt the gazes of the men eying her up, having become used to being looked at in such a way. After introductions though, things were turned over to her and Belle stepped forward to speak to the chief.

She introduced Mathew to the chief, telling him that the man was a powerful holy man from across the long water. However, she was interrupted by one of the warriors watching them and Belle looked at White Knife as he spoke and began to walk around her and Mathew. She stood there with her head high as she watched the warrior and listened to him accuse the white men of the attacks. "We have come to offer help. There have been a number of attacks in town. Several young women and a young man were attacked and killed." she told the chief. "All of them had been drained of blood and they all had marks on their necks." Belle was focusing on the chief and she wouldn't let the warriors words get to her. "Father Price is trained in hunting the beings who are behind these attacks."

Buffalo Hump listened as Belle spoke to him. She was very good with the Comanche language. It made the chief wonder how she learned it. She was a white woman. Despite the clothing she wore. No one could doubt that Belle was female. Belle's words made sense to Buffalo Hump. However, White Knife was unconvinced. " Do not listen to the white woman's lies!......She is here to destroy us!.........They come here offering their help!.......When one of their own is killing our people! " White Knife barked out as he pointed at Belle. He glared at Belle while saying the white people shouldn't be trusted. " We should kill them now!......Then attack the town and wipe them out!.......We should drive all the whites from our lands!........Take back what was ours! " White Knife added. His eyes spoke of the hate held in his heart for white people. White Knife stood looking into Belle's eyes. She was a brave for a white women. Showing no fear. Others would be frightened by the words White Knife spoke. Threats of killing and of war.

" You all know me! " Josiah spoke up. " You all know how I've helped this village!........During the hard times!........I helped feed this village!......I helped the great Chief Buffalo Hump make peace with the long knives!........I helped the Comanche keep their hunting grounds and weapons!.......I have come to help you again!........This time I have brought others to help! " Josiah spoke while looking around at those who lived in the village. White knife was still unconvinced. The warrior slowly pulled his knife. " I have scalped many white people.........Your hair would look good decorating my lance. " White Knife held his blade up so Belle could see it. He glared deeply into Belle's eyes. Waiting to see how she would react, to see what she would do.

Belle had spoken calmly and evenly to Buffalo Hump, her voice strong but filled with respect of the chief. However, White Knife continued to accuse her of trying to destroy the Comanche people and he said again that the white people were killing the people. When he pointed at her and glared, she met his gaze without flinching. The only reaction that he got from her was a slight narrowing of her gaze as she stood there. Not even the hate that she saw in his gaze shook her. It wasn't long before Josiah spoke up, reminding them that they all knew him and how he'd helped to feed the village and helped make peace with the long knives. Of helping the people keep their hunting grounds and weapons.

Yet still White Knife stood his ground. He even pulled his knife while speaking of having scalped many white people. As he held up his blade, Belle lifted her chin slightly. For a long moment she kept White Knife's gaze before she spoke. "I'm curious, Chief Nakwahip. What would happen if one of your warriors killed the kin of another chief?" she asked softly before looking at the chief. "My name given to me by my mother is Belle, but I have been given the name Cocheta by my fathers people. I am the daughter of Bodaway, eldest son of Chief Cochise of the Apaches."

The claim that she was the granddaughter of Chief Cochise caused some murmurings to start. Even though the tribes were quite a ways apart, Buffalo Hump would know the name of another chief. Word had traveled between the tribes of how Chief Cochise's eldest son had married a white woman. That Belle was claiming to be Chief Cochise's granddaughter was a serious claim. However, she did have proof if she needed it.

It was quite the surprise to hear Belle announce that she was the granddaughter of Cochise. Josiah turned his head towards Belle. She never revealed that before. It made him wonder if the was a gambit she was trying. The only person who didn't know who Cochise, was Father Price. Mathew did assume the man was a well known chief from another tribe. He could hear the hushed whispers coming from the Comanche around them. Whoever this Cochise was. Mathew knew he must be important, even to the Comanche. " I know Cochise........We met as young warriors many moons ago........Back when the Buffalo still roamed these lands. " Buffalo Hump spoke. He remembered a time, long ago when the Buffalo were still in the southwest. The herds no longer came this far south. What remained of the Buffalo could only be found in the northern plains. Buffalo Hump would like to believe what Belle said. However, he knew some white people couldn't be trusted. Many didn't keep their word. Even though Belle was with Old Owl, she could be here to do harm. Buffalo Hump had to be sure before he could trust her. After all, trust should be earned and not just given.

" More lies! " White Knife snapped out. " She is here to destroy us!........She maybe the Mukwooru! " White Knife's words brought more whispering from those standing around. Buffalo Hump nodded his head. He knew it was possible such a creature could try and trick them. Come to their village, gain their confidence, then destroy them. White Knife made a move with his blade. His movement was stopped when Mathew grabbed his wrist. ' I beleive this would go better if you dropped the knife. " Mathew spoke in a calm tone. White Knife was clearly struggling to free himself from the priest's grip. However, Mathew showed no signs of struggling to hold him. It was as if Mathew possessed superhuman strength. " ENOUGH!........Put away your blade White Knife!.........Let Cocheta prove herself. " Buffalo Hump spoke. Mathew then let White Knife's arm go. The young warrior wasn't pleased, but he put away his knife. " We have been lied to by the whites many times.........Do you have proof you are the granddaughter of Cochise? " Buffalo Hump asked.

While Belle had spoken to Josiah of her past, she never really went into detail about who her family was on her fathers side. She didn't talk much about her fathers family, besides the occasional detail. Her own sister didn't know everything about their father nor his tribe. The woman didn't speak much about it because she knew that there were tribes out there who were unfriendly towards her own people and she didn't want to make a target of herself and her sister. Buffalo Hump spoke, recalling having met her grandfather when they were young warriors and she nodded slightly.

White Knife's sudden accusation of her possibly being the Mukwooru made Belle glare at him finally, his claim finally drawing something of a reaction from her. When he made a move with his blade, she got ready to defend herself, but it was unneeded as Mathew grabbed onto White Knife and told him that it would go better if he dropped the knife. She stood there watching as the young warrior struggled against Mathew but the priest didn't budge. Finally Buffalo Hump intervened and told White Knife to put away his blade and let her prove herself.

After she was asked if she had proof if she was the granddaughter of Cochise, she nodded. Moving to her mounts side, she opened a small bag that she'd brought with her and withdrew a small animal hide purse. The woman carried it over to Buffalo Hump and stood before him. "My grandfather gave this to me before I set out to hunt down the white men who murdered my mother, father and brother, and took my sister." she softly told the chief. She held up the purse so he could see it. It was clearly apache work and she slowly opened it. Reaching inside, she withdrew a necklace. A pendant. "Grandfather said that if I needed proof that I am his kin, this would work." She held it out to the chief, offering for him to take it. It was a jade pendant on a strap of well made leather chord. It had symbols carved into it. These symbols were those for the Apache tribe and they also stated that the wearer was family of the chief. As Buffalo Hump looked the necklace over, he would be able to see it was authentic Apache work.

All eyes were on Belle when she moved towards her horse. Josiah wasn't sure what she planned, or what proof she may have. He just hoped it would be enough. Buffalo Hump watched as Belle removed something from her horse. She brought over a small pouch. Buffalo had seen such items before. He waited as Belle removed something from pouch. What she held up, hadn't been seen by the chief in many years. Buffalo Hump had seen the necklace before. He knew and understood the cravings. Buffalo Hump gave Belle back her necklace. " You have proven yourself.......Cocheta is welcome here in our village! " Buffalo Hump spoke so everyone could hear. His words didn't sooth the feelings of White Knife. He still didn't trust these white people. White Knife believed they should be killed. That wasn't going to happen. Buffalo Hump invited Belle, Josiah and Mathew to sit and talk.

Belle had defused the trouble. Josiah had wanted her to come along. He knew of her background. Her family connections. Josiah had hoped it would help if needed. He never expected Belle to admit that she was related to such a famous Apache Chief. Buffalo Hump sat down, as did the others. Mathew then asked the chief about the creature threatening the village. Buffalo Hump described a white man who couldn't be killed. He spoke of his warriors attacking the spirit taker with lances and arrows. Buffalo Hump said the spirit taker would just pull out anything which stuck into it's body and laugh. Mathew knew arrows and lances could be effective, if they went in deep enough. They could also be more effective if the heads were tipped with silver. Silver was pure, and could or even kill vampires & werewolves. Mathew said he could help if Buffalo Hump wanted it. The chief agreed to let Mathew help with their problem. Mathew smiled at Belle. He thanked her for her help. They wouldn't be sitting here, having a nice chat with Buffalo Hump without hr help.

After Buffalo Hump took the necklace from her, she took a step back and became silent, watching him look the necklace over. While the leather cord on it was new, the stone itself was old. It was actually one that her own grandfather had worn when he was younger before he'd become chief himself. Finally Buffalo Hump gave her back the necklace and she returned it to the small purse that she had with her. Buffalo Hump then announced that she had proven herself and that she was welcome in his village. She bowed slightly and thanked him gently. The woman looked over at Josiah and gave him a look that promised that she would explain later if he wished her to. In private of course.

The small group was then invited to sit and talk with the chief. Together with the chief, they all sat down and began talking. Mathew asked the chief about the creature threatening the village and Buffalo told him about what the tribe was currently dealing with. He spoke of a white man who couldn't be killed and Belle looked at Mathew. She'd never seen a vampire before, but she'd heard stories about them. The chief told them about how the spirit taker would just pulled out what ever was stuck into its body. Mathew then responded by offering his help if Buffalo Hump wanted it and the chief agreed to let the man help with their problem. When Mathew smiled at her, Belle smiled in return. "You are welcome Father Price." she told him gently.

Once the agreement was made. Mathew & Buffalo Hump shook hands. The priest would return after night fall. He would then keep watch on the village. Josiah, Belle and Mathew got ready to leave. Buffalo Hump asked to speak with Belle for a moment, alone. He took her aside while the others waited. Buffalo Hump was impressed with how Belle handled herself. She showed great bravery. " I ask that Cocheta come and join me in our sweat lodge.......Let us become friends and enjoy the heat together. " Buffalo Hump asked. He saw Belle in a different light. She was no longer a white woman who dressed like a man. Buffalo Hump's offer was for after the craziness was over. His offer was genuine and Belle would be safe here. Once Belle made her decision, she, Josiah and Mathew headed back to town. Mathew would be keeping the horse longer. Josiah told him not to worry about it. Saying, 'Mathew could keep the horse as long as he was in town'.

The group separated after reaching El Paso. Josiah went towards his church. He would be joining Belle in the brothel. To help protect the girls as they slept. Having Josiah around would let Belle get some rest as well. Mathew went back to his hotel room. He would be traveling back to the Comanche village later on. Josiah got what he needed from the church, then went to the brothel. As night began to fall. Imala went around lighting the oil lamps. The place was so empty. Normally the girls would be busy getting ready for customers. This was no normal evening because the brothel was closed. There was an eerie silence around the town. Only a few saloons were open and only the bravest could be found on the streets. The odd deaths kept most of the town folk locked behind their doors. Preying that night wouldn't linger and morning would come soon.

Sally was with her parents, at their home on the edge of town. Hyrum, June and Sally would normally be at the brothel. Sally would be seated at the front desk, ready to greet the customers. June would be preparing for a night filled with pleasure. She'd become one of Belle hardest workers since Belle opened her eyes. Showing her what sexual pleasure was all about. Since the afternoon of that wonderful gang bang. June was a new woman. She loved sex and took on any man. June had wanted to extend the hand of friendship towards the local Comanche tribe. Take some of the girls to the village, and show the men there how much peace meant to the women of El Paso. Belle shot down June's idea. Fearing that because she was half Apache, that would cause trouble. This decision left June unfulfilled. She'd been with white men, black men, hispanic men and asian men. June hadn't laid with a native yet. It bother June a little. However, she put that all behind her. June was very popular at the brothel and she got plenty of cocks from the local men.

Sally read for a while before she turned in. She didn't realize how much she loved working at the brothel, till now. Now that she wasn't behind the desk. Sally missed the smells and the sounds. She felt uneasy not hearing the click of glasses and bottles. The only thing that seemed normal. She could smell her father's cigar. At least that was around. Sally got ready for bed. She climbed in, pulling the blankets up. Sally closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. Sometime later, Sally was woken from her sleep by a scratching noise at her bedroom window. The teen shifted in her bed, turning to look at the window. Her eyes opened wider when she saw Jenny standing there. Jenny was smiling as she motioned for Sally to come closer. The other teenager looked so lovely. Sally sat up, swung her her out, then stood. She moved towards the window. Jenny asked her to open it and let her in. By now, Jenny's eyes were glowing. She spoke of what a good friend Sally had always been. Jenny said she wanted to share something special with her best friend. Sally leaned forward, unlocking the window. She then leaned down to lift the window. When Sally leaned down, the rosary which Belle gave her, fell free from Sally's nightgown. Sally wore it around her neck while she slept. Jenny let out a shriek before reeling backwards away from the window. The sight of the rosary caused her great pain. Jenny growled then spit some curse words at Sally. She said her master would punish Sally. Jenny then took into the darkness. Sally was free from the power Jenny used on her. She looked down, seeing the rosary. Sally took into her hand and thanked God, Belle had given to her. She locked the window again, then moved back towards the bed. Sally climbed into the bed, pulling the covers back up. However, this time, she held the rosary tightly in her hand. Listening to every sound which came from outside the house.

At the brothel. Josiah was sitting in the bar with Imala. The place was quiet. Many of the girls were sitting around trying to keep themselves busy. No one wanted to think of what could be lurking outside. But, most couldn't control their own thoughts. No matter how hard they tried. Josiah had a poker game going with Imala and some of the girls. This was a friendly game. Just to give them something to keep their minds from thinking of what could be happening outside.

Watching from the side, Belle watched as Mathew and Buffalo Hump shook hands, a small smile upon her lips as she watched the two men. They agreed that Mathew would return after nightfall and he would help out at the village to rid it of the vampire. After that, the small group got ready to leave. However, Belle was asked to speak to Buffalo Hump for a moment in private. Glancing at the others for a moment, she nodded and moved closer to him as he asked her to come and join him in the sweat lodge. For them to become friends and enjoy the heat together.

For a long moment she gazed at the man before smiling at him and nodding slightly. "Of course." she softly told him. She offered to tell him her story of how she'd come to be where she was now. With that, she softly bid him farewell and then returned to her group which was waiting for her. Mounting their horses, the trio turned them and head back to town.

Back in El Paso, the group separated and head to different parts of town. Of course Josiah went towards his church and Mathew went to the hotel where he was staying, while Belle returned to her brothel. She had already contacted the Palmer family and let them know that the brothel was going to be closed for the next couple of days after what had happened. She asked them to stay home and stay safe, not to wander at night. She also asked the rest of her girls not to be outdoors after dark either.

As night came, most of her girls were sitting around trying to keep themselves busy. Luckily they were used to being up late hours because of business, so being awake was no problem. After all, they usually went to sleep in the early morning and most of their time sleeping was when the sun was beginning to rise. As night began to fall, her sister went around lighting the oil lamps and once everyone was inside and Josiah had joined them, they made sure all the windows and doors were locked. The safety of her girls was top priority to Belle. The night went on and things remained quiet in the brothel. The girls were in the bar, talking and trying to keep busy. Some of them were playing a poker game with Josiah. Belle was currently in her bedroom. She was actually doing something she'd not done properly in a long time. She was praying.

Sure, Belle attended church as Josiah's church and she prayed, but this was different. Belle denied that she was catholic, which was true. She didn't follow any specific belief, though she did believe in god and she praised him like her mother had taught her. However, her mothers family were catholic and while she had stayed with them, she'd been taken to church with them many times. So now she knelt in her bedroom with her hands clasped in front of her chest praying. Praying for the Comanche people's safety, for Mathew's safety. For the safety of those in town and those she cared for. For some time she remained like that, praying over and over before she finally emerged from her room. Clad in just her trousers and blouse, Belle made her way barefoot to the bar and stopped in the doorway, leaning against the doorframe to watch those in the bar, her gaze moving over them.

As he night moved along. Some of the girls started getting tired. They didn't have the normal activity to keep them awake. The place was jumping until late. On this evening. The brothel was as silent as death. One by one, the girls said goodnight, then climbed either thr front or back stairs. The last three in the bar were Imala, Belle and Josiah. They sat at the table talking about everything except for what closed the brothel. Belle told her sister about the meeting she had with Chief Buffalo Hump. She also spoke of being confronted by White Knife. Josiah spoke of White Knife as being angry all the time. He said the young man couldn't see that not all white people were bad. White Knife was panting all whites in the same manner. Believing they were all bad. Buffalo Hump knew better. The chief knew there were good white people. Whites who wanted to live in peace. However, certain corrupt white made everyone else look bad in the eyes of the Native Americans.

In time, Imala excused herself and went upstairs to bed. She gave Belle & Josiah a kiss goodnight before heading up the back stairs. Josiah suggested that Belle go get some rest. He wanted to have a look around the brothel before he turned in. Josiah wanted to double check all the doors and windows downstairs. He left the bar and started a check of the downstairs area. Once Josiah felt everything was properly locked. He headed for Belle's bedroom. They'd already planned for Josiah to sleep with Belle. The two had become very close since their first meeting in his church. Outside the brothel, stood a man. He'd been in the brothel the eveing before Cathy died. He'd been one of her customers. Marshal Watkins had tracked down most of the men who'd been with the young women. However, some left town before he could speak with them. Watkins felt this man, named Klaus left town. This was wrong. Klaus was the vampire everyone feared. His eyes glowed while he watched the brothel. Behind him appeared another figure. It was Cathy. She was alive and walking again. Klaus instructed Cathy to get inside the brothel. Cathy nodded before dashing towards the building. She moved quickly. Climbing the building like a cat. She moved around to the side. Finding the window of Maria. A girl Cathy had been close with. Cathy started scratching at the window. Drawing the attention of Maria who was seated at her dressing table. She was first shocked to see Cathy. Then it was like the young woman lost her will. Maria had looked into Cathy's glowing eyes. She slowly walked acrossed the floor. Cathy asked her to open the window. Maria unlocked it, then lifted the window. She stepped back as Cathy crawled insdie. An evil grin stretched over her face.

The night passed along, everything quiet so far and soon the girls began tire and Belle softly bid them good night as they began to retreat to their bedrooms, wishing them a good nights sleep and she told them that she would see them in the morning. Finally after some time, it was only Imala and Josiah left in the bar with Belle and the woman sat down at a table with them, talking about different things. Belle even told her sister about the meeting with Chief Buffalo Hump and how she'd been confronted by White Knife. Josiah then spoke of him being angry all the time. "Is there a reason that he hates all white people?" she softly asked him.

Finally after some time, Imala excused herself as well and went to bed, kissing her sister and Josiah before she went up the back stairs. When Josiah suggest she get some rest, Belle looked at him for a long moment before she nodded slightly. "Okay." she softly said. "I'll meet you in my room." Standing up, she head out of the bar to her bedroom, walking silently through the building to her room. Once there, she began to undress, slipping out of her trousers and blouse before slipping into her robe, loosely tying it around her waist before beginning to brush out her long hair which she still had pulled back in a braid. She was just finishing brushing her hair when Josiah joined her in her bedroom. "Everything locked up tight?" she softly asked him. Even though he had checked the downstairs, Belle still felt uneasy. She hadn't spoken of her feeling because she'd been feeling that way for a good portion of the evening.

Josiah said White Knife hated white people because of how the Comanche had been treated. How their land was taken from them and how white broke their word with the Indian so easily. Josiah spoke of trying to explain, that not all white were the same. He said many wished to eave the Indian alone and would love to live in peace with them. Josiah then spoke of how he tried to explain politician, and how corrupt most could be. This was a concept White Knife didn't understand. He believed when a person gave their word, the deal was done. There would be nothing more. However, many whites gave their word, then broke it very soon after. This is why White Knife wanted to kill white people. He needed to see, that all white people weren't bad. Belle would soon be in a position to teach the young warrior this lesson.

Belle had every reason to feel uneasy. Lurking outside of her brothel was a master vampire. A vampire of great power. Klaus has lived for many centuries. Having become a vampire in the 1500's. Mathew had chased Klaus acrossed Europe several times. The vampire last escaped in the Middle East. Mathew lost his trail there 3 years ago. The killer priest picked up on Klaus once again in Romania. Mathew had been sent there to deal with another master vampire called Dracula. After the so called "King of Vampires" was dealt with. Mathew began chasing Klaus once again. This time the chase led Mathew to America. This was Mathew's first trip to the nation. However, it wouldn't be his last.

Klaus stood acrossed the street from the brothel, watching the building from the shadows. He'd sent one of his minions, the newest one, Cathy into feed. Klaus smiled when he saw Cathy climb through the window. Jenny had missed out on her target, earlier that night. She been driven off by a rosary. Klaus wasn't pleased by this, but Jenny need to learn how to deal with such things. Cathy moved into the room. Closing in on Maria who stood as if frozen. The wooden floor creaked as Cathy walked acrossed it. The sound made Imala stir in her bed. Imala had the room beside Maria. Maria spoke of her belief that Cathy was dead. This made Cathy smile as she shook her head. Cathy then spoke of being reborn into a wonderful new world. A world she wanted to share with Maria and all the girls in the brothel. The sounds of voice made Imala sit up in her bed. She reached under her pillow, pulling out a pistol. Imala had placed the weapon under her pillow since Cathy was found dead.

Imala slipped from her bed, then left her room. She moved to Maria's bedroom door. Stopping for a moment to listen. Inside the room, Cathy had eased Maria down onto the bed. She then climbed on top of her. Imala got a bad feeling. She reached for the handle, slowly opening the door. As the door opened, Imala saw Cathy on top of Maria. " Holy Mother of God. " Imala spoke in shock. She raised the pistol as Cathy turned her attention to Imala. Cathy's eyes glowed, making Imala shake her head. Imala then fired the pistol. The shot could be heard all over the brothel. The bullet had struck Cathy, but did no harm. Cathy began snarling as she leaped from the bed, She started moving towards Imala, who was now back away. The shot woke Josiah and Belle. Josiah jumped from the bed, grabbing his own pistol.

Josiah's explanation of why White Knife hated white people made sense to Belle. She knew that many white people made promises to the natives of this land and quickly broke those promises or forgot those promises. She was told that Josiah had attempted to explain politicians to the warrior but he didn't understand the concept. Instead, he believed that once a persons word was given, that was it and there was nothing more. Belle spoke that hopefully he would one day soon see that not all white people were like that.

With Josiah in her bed, Belle had fallen into an uneasy sleep curled against his side, her head resting upon his shoulder while they laid together. The two slept for a while before the loud gunshot woke them. Belle jerked awake and sat up quickly before scrambling from the bed, snatching up her gun before darting from the room, her footsteps quick as she hurried up the steps to where her girls slept. As she moved up the steps, she could see that some of the other girls had already begun to emerge from their rooms and she sharply told them to return to their rooms. Upon hitting the top of the steps, she moved down the hall. From the way that the girls had been moving towards a certain room told Belle well enough where the sound had come from.

She had seen her sisters bedroom door hanging open and the door to Maria's room was ajar. Moving towards Maria's room, she pushed open the door and saw her sister first with a gun in her hand. However, after looking past Imala, she saw Cathy and her breath caught in her throat before she moved forward with Josiah close behind and she grabbed her sister, pulling her back with her away from the approaching woman. Belle pushed Imala behind her, putting her body between Cathy and Imala while raising her own pistol at Cathy.

By the time Belle reached her sister, Imala was already in the hallway. Cathy was still hidden inside the room. She was slowly moving forward. Like an animal stalking it's prey. Imala was soon pushed behind her older sister. This is when Belle saw Cathy. The young woman's long fangs clearly visible. Cathy laughed when Belle came into view. " You will make a wonderful treat for the master.........But I will have your dear sister. " Cathy spoke with hissing sound in her voice. Her eyes started to glow as she looked at Belle. Gasps could be heard coming from the other girls when Cathy stepped into the hallway. Belle and Imala continued to back away. Belle still holding her pistol, aimed at Cathy. Outside the brothel, Klaus remained in the shadows. The gunshot got his attention. Something had gone wrong inside the brothel. Cathy was to take Maria, then leave. She wasn't to start anymore trouble. It appeared that either Cathy was unable to get Maria under her control, or someone else got involved. Klaus would just wait and see what happened next.

Cathy was using her mental powers to reach into Belle's mind. She was trying to take control over her former Madame. Cathy was a newly created vampire. She didn't have full control over her powers. Using her mental powers, like anything needed practice. Cathy had been able to enter Maria's mind without any trouble. However, Belle wasn't Maria. Belle was a woman of great will power. She could resist a newly created vampire. Dealing with a vampire like Klaus, would be a different matter. He'd been a vampire longer then Belle had been alive. Unlike Cathy, Klaus had total control over his powers. As Cathy continued to move closer. She spotted Josiah standing just behind and to Belle's left side. She hissed at him while spitting curses at the preacher. Using his powers, Klaus entered Cathy's mind. He could now see the lovely Belle standing before her former girl. Klaus was taken with Belle's beauty. Had she not been busy when he arrived that night at the brothel. Klaus would have tagged Belle to become one of his subjects. Belle would have been where Cathy was now. A blood hungry vampire looking to feed.

Belle gazed at Cathy as the young woman continued to move forward. Belle could see the long fangs and as the young woman spoke of her making a wonderful treat for her master, but that she would have Imala for herself, Belle glared at her. She continued to herd her sister back from Cathy, her protective stance remaining between the two young women. The glow in Cathy's eyes didn't go unnoticed by Belle as she watched Cathy.

As she went against Cathy, Belle could feel her head beginning to feel a little funny while she gazed into Cathy's eyes. However, after blinking and shaking her head, the feeling went around. It had been similar to when she drank too much and her mind would get a little fuzzy. But after shaking her head it went away. Cathy continued forward and then she spotted Josiah who was standing just off to the left behind Belle. As she began spitting curses at the preacher, Belle lifted her chin. Even with her being ruffled from being in bed moments before with her hair a wild mane of curls and in her bedclothes, Belle was beautiful.

Tightening her grip on her gun, she adjusted her aim. "Stay the hell away from my sister, you beast." she said, her voice soft and calm, yet firm as she aimed higher on Cathy and she squeezed the trigger. There was not hesitation on Belle's part as she shot Cathy. After all, this wasn't the sweet, gentle girl that had worked for her any longer. Instead, it was one of the beings out there killing the people of El Paso. Belle's shot hit Cathy just above her right eye and it knocked her back. Belle wasn't sure what the gunshot would do Cathy, but at least it would push Cathy back if it didn't kill her.

At that same moment, Mathew was busy around the Comanche village. He'd been there since the sun went down. Mathew remained outside the village. He planned on keeping the fighting away from the innocent. Mathew didn't have to wait long. He was able to pick up on several vampires closing in on the village. Mathew readied himself for battle. He drew his twin swords, then moved quickly. Mathew soon encountered three Native America vampires. Two males and a female. They were returning to their village to feed and create more like them. Despite being powerful. These vampires were no match for Mathew. He was more then they could handle. His fighting skills were beyond what anyone in this county had ever seen. Mathew threw kicks, delivered spinning punches, and took down all three. However, he wasn't done. Mathew heard screams coming from the village. More Comanche vampires were attacking the village. Moving quickly, Mathew took off towards the villages. He entered, delivering a well placed thrust with one of his swords. The vampire cried out as it was turned into ash. Mathew then moved like the wind. Taking down one vampire after another.

The gunshots didn't worry Klaus. Even a newly risen vampire like Cathy could handle that. The shots would do little damage and they wouldn't kill her. Cathy laughed at the brave words spoken by Belle, This was before Belle shot her. As the gun went off. The girls behind Belle all screamed. Some were crying because none of this was making sense. Cathy was dead, yet here she was. The gunshot did push Cathy back, but she didn't move far. Cathy's body had turned, her head jerked to one side. She then straightened herself out. Standing and facing Belle. There was a mark on Cathy's face where the bullet struck her. But, there was no blood and Cathy was still moving. " YOU WILL SUFFER FOR THIS!!! " Cathy spit her anger as well as her words. She let out what sounded like a growl. Cathy then made a lunge for Belle. She was going right for the throat. Josiah fired his pistol. His own bullet struck Cathy as she was moving forward. The bullet striking her caused her to fly backwards. She reacted very badly to being shot by Josiah. Cathy was screaming as if she were on fire. There was even smoke coming from the area she'd been shot. However, no flames could be seen. Josiah was using different bullets then Belle had used. Cathy fought to stand. She then threw herself into Maria's room. She planned on feeding one way or another. Cathy never had the chance. He stepped into Maria's room, firing at Cathy again. She screamed in great pain after being struck the second time. Cathy made a mad dash for the open window. She jumped out and down to the alley. Josiah rushed to the window. He looked out, seeing that Cathy was gone. Josiah then noticed movement acrossed the street. He couldn't tell who this person was.

Josiah closed the window as Belle & Imala rushed in to check on Maria. They found her unharmed. Maria hadn't been bitten. She was very confused by what happened. One of the other girls brought a glass of water for Maria. " Belle?..........What's going on?.........Why are you all in my room? " Maria asked. Her mind had been entered by Cathy. Clouding her thoughts and making the young woman pass out. Josiah locked the window, then he moved over to the bed. Klaus stood in the shadows. His eyes still on the brothel. Using his mental powers. Klaus was able to see through Maria's eyes. He marveled at Belle's beauty. She was a strong woman and would make a very powerful vampire. Klaus would have her.

Belle wasn't sure what kind of effect her weapon might have on Cathy as she shot her. She just wanted this creature to back up a little as she was getting too close for comfort. After she shot her, Cathy's body was turned, her head jerking to the side before she straightened up. When she did, Belle could see the mark on her face where the bullet had struck her and Cathy spat in anger at Belle. The older woman stood her ground. No one would hurt her girls if she could help it and that included her sister. So as Cathy growled and made to lunge at her, Belle made sure that she was between Cathy and the others.

However, Josiah fired off his pistol and this time his bullet struck Cathy and she was set backwards as she screamed, the sound filling the air as the women watched as what had once been Cathy threw herself into Maria's bedroom. Josiah followed her into the room and fired at Cathy again, the woman screaming even more after being struck again and she dashed for the open window, fleeing through it and into the darkness of the alley down below.

Once Cathy was gone, Belle and her sister rushed over to the bed where Maria was and Belle gently grabbed onto the young woman, moving her hair away from her neck and gently, but firmly turning her head so she could see her neck. She didn't see any marks on her and she sighed in relief. Maria then began to come around and began asking what was going on and why they were in her room. "You were attack sweetie." Belle softly said while taking the glass of water one of the other girls brought in. "Thanks to Imala though, we were able to stop it before you were hurt." She softly instructed the girl to drink a little of the water before looking over at Josiah as he closed and locked the window and then moved to the bed.

Mathew killed the last native vampire. All had been destroyed by his hands. Mathew was troubled by one thing. He didn't see, nor kill any vampires who weren't Indian. Mathew knew that Klaus had several more. The girl named Jenny, the young farm hand and the girl named Cathy. It was possible there would be more, However, none were seen around the village. The Comanche village seemed like easy pickings for any vampire. Mathew was left to assume Klaus had his other minions busy. Targeting places they were familiar with. Mathew then realized Klaus planned for this attack. Knowing the priest wouldn't sit by and let innocents get slaughtered. Mathew made another check of the area around the village. He then headed back to town. Believing that Klaus was there. On the outside of town. The young farm boy who died, returned home. Just as Jenny tried to get inside Sally's house and Cathy tried to get inside the brothel. The young man did the same. His mother let him inside. This was the last mistake she would ever make. She was taken by her own son. The bounty of blood was shared. Jenny attacked and killed the father. Cathy took another man who helped around the farm.

Maria had little memory of what happened to her. It all seemed like a dream. That's how Maria spoke of what happened. She spoke of hearing a sound at the window. Maria then spoke how she saw Cathy. The other girl was asking to be let inside. Maria told how she rose from the bed, went to the window and opened it. Maria then spoke of how Cathy crawled into the room. She said it was all like a dream. Like it wasn't really happening. Maria then spoke of feeling very tired. The kind of tired you couldn't fight. Maria said she remembered laying down, and how Cathy joined her on the bed. Beyond that, Maria couldn't remember anything more. She never heard Imala fire the pistol. She never heard the shot which came from Belle, or the two which followed from Josiah. Maria was still feeling tired. It was felt that she should sleep with someone else. In another room. Imala said she would keep an eye on Maria. Josiah & Belle were on alert now. Neither would be getting anymore sleep tonight. They made sure all the girls were okay and all the windows were locked. Josiah & Belle then went downstairs to get some coffee. They would wait until morning before letting their guard down.

Belle sat on the side of Maria's bed as she spoke with the girl, listening to Maria as she told them that she'd heard something at the window and when she checked, she'd seen Cathy who had asked to be let in. Belle wasn't overly surprised that Maria let Cathy in. The two girls had been something like friends. The young woman told them that Cathy had crawled into the room and then she spoke of feeling very tired, like the kind that you couldn't fight and then she'd laid down with Cathy joining her on the bed. After that, she didn't remember anything. She hadn't heard any of the commotion from Imala coming into the room nor any of the gunshots fired by Imala, Belle nor Josiah.

Once she heard that Maria still felt tired, Belle nodded while stroking the girls hair. "Of course. Perhaps you should stay with one of the others tonight though. Just to make sure." she suggested. Imala then said she'd keep an eye on Maria and Belle smiled at her sister, softly thanking her. After seeing Maria and Imala back to the other girls room, Belle ushered the rest of her girls back to their rooms, telling them to get some rest. She and Josiah also went around and made sure everything was locked up tight before once more returning downstairs.

Down in the kitchens, Belle put a pot on to boil water so she could make them some coffee. Once the water was hot, she made the coffee and poured it into two mugs for them and carried one over to Josiah, handing him a cup before sitting down with a sigh. For a little while she sipped on the strong, bitter drink before she spoke. "Why did your bullets have such a strong effect?" she softly asked him.

Mathew now understand, Klaus had used the local Indians as pawns. The vampire wanted Mathew away from the town and the surrounding area. The night before, Mathew had patrolled El Paso and the area around it. Obviously, Klaus knew this and had planned out a way to keep the priest busy. Mathew could only hope that things hadn't gone wrong while he was defending the Comanche village. He rode as fast as his horse would carrying him. Klaus had remained acrossed the street from the brothel, until Belle was away from Maria. The vampire had sensed what a strong will she had. Klaus knew she would make a powerful vampire. Powerful enough to become a master in her own right. Belle's will was strong, but even she couldn't resist a vampire like Klaus. Not for very long anyway.

Josiah sat at the table while Belle made them coffee. He played over, in his mind, the incident which took place a short time ago. Josiah had often spoke of evil while giving sermons in his church. The evil he spoke of was the type often committed by men. However, the evil he witnessed was like nothing he'd seen before. Josiah knew Cathy would have killed Belle, Imala and many others. She'd been taken by an evil force. That evil now controlled her. Cathy would do the bidding of her master from now on. It was a good thing Mathew decided to speak with Josiah. The priest had told Josiah how to deal with vampires. That was the reason why he was ready when Cathy returned to the brothel.

Josiah thanked Belle when she brought him some coffee. He took a long sip. Belle had made it strong. It would help get them through the night. Josiah's mind had gone back to Cathy. That is until Belle spoke. She asked why his bullets had such a strong effect on Cathy. Josiah picked up his pistol. He opened the breach and pulled a live round out. " Mathew told me about vampires..........He spoke of how all vampires carry the original curse.......From the first vampire.......Adam's first wife Lilith........She refused to become subservient to him and defied God by leaving the Garden of Eden........God cursed her and all those who would come from her.........Lilith became the first vampire.......All others descend from her. " Josiah spoke while placing the bullet down on the table for Belle to inspect. He then told Belle how he made bullets from silver. Josiah spoke of melting down some silver objects. He then made the melted silver into bullets. Josiah explained that vampires and werewolves react badly to silver. He said the metal was considered to be pure. Josiah said the silver burns them. Whether on the inside or out. Josiah said enough silver in therir bodies will kill a vampire. He also said a wooden stake through the heart would end their undead lives. Josiah added that crosses were useless against vampires. Only a crucifix could harm them. He said the image of Christ on the cross caused vampires great pain. Suddenly, a knock came at the door. Josiah re-loaded the shell into his pistol. He then motioned for Belle to unlock and open the door. Josiah stood, ready to fire.

After asking about why Josiah's bullet had such an effect on Cathy, Belle continued to sip the coffee slowly while Josiah picked up his pistol and removed a live round. He told her about having been told by Mathew on the origins of vampires and she slowly nodded while listening. While he spoke, he placed the bullet down on the table and she picked it up, bringing it up to gaze at it and she could even see that it was different from normal ones. The mention of it being made from silver made the woman look up at him as he told her that he melted down some silver objects and made them into bullets. He informed her that vampires and werewolves reacted badly to silver. That it was considered pure and it burnt the creatures and with enough of it in their body, silver could even kill a vampire.

As would a wooden stake through the heard and only crucifix harmed them. She nodded slightly when he said that the image of Christ on the cross caused vampires great pain. "I gave my only crucifix away to Sally." she softly told him. Belle told Josiah of the rosary that she'd been given by her aunt. The metal in it was made of silver and it had even been blessed by her aunts priest before it was given to her. Their conversation was halted though, when there was a knock on the door. This made her look sharply in the direction of the door before Josiah reloaded the shell into his pistol and motioned for her to unlock and open the door.

With a nod, she placed aside her coffee and stood up, moving over towards the door. With more courage then what she felt after what had happened, she unlocked the door of the brothel and swung open the door, trusting Josiah to protect her if an attack was waiting on the other side.

Josiah pulled back the hammer of his pistol. Cocking the weapon. He aimed it at the door, waiting for Belle to open it. Josiah was holding his breathe. He had no idea who or what was on the other side. Whatever was out there, Josiah was ready for it. Josiah watched as Belle moved towards the door. She was a very brave woman. Belle trusted Josiah with her life and he wouldn't let her down. The door was opened, once it was unlocked. Josiah stood ready as a male figure appeared on the other side. It was dark beyond the doorway. It area was normally light by oil lamps. However, on this evening, with the brothel closed. No one had lit the outside lights. Josiah held his fight until he knew who this man was. " You have no need for that. " A voice came from the unknown male. The man then stepped inside. It was Mathew, who just returned from the Comanche village.

Mathew smiled at Belle as he entered. He wasn't dressed in his normal clothing. Mathew was wearing an all black outfit. Black shirt, pants and boots. He also was wearing a long black leather coat with two swords crossed over his back. Josiah breathed a sigh of relief when Mathew came inside. Mathew moved inside as Josiah put his pistol down. He spoke of having defended the Comanche village, and killing all the Indian vampires. Mathew then said he believed the village was just to keep him away from town. " Did anything happen here while I was gone? " Mathew asked while he took a seat. Josiah quickly joined him at the table. The attack on the nearby farm wouldn't be known until morning. Also, what happened to Sally wouldn't be known till then as well. But, Belle would have enough to answer Mathew's question.

Belle heard Josiah pulling back the hammer of his pistol as she moved to the door, glancing back over her shoulder at him before she unlocked the door and opened it. She was comforted that he had her back as she opened the door and she could see a male figure on the other side of the door, but she couldn't tell who it was at first because of it being dark on the other side. "Hello?" she said while peering into the dark. For a moment it was quiet before a voice came from the unknown male and then he stepped inside. It turned out to be Mathew and when she saw it was him, she sighed softly while stepping back for him to enter.

He smiled at her and she smiled back at him. Once he was inside, she closed the door behind him, making sure to lock it. As she did this, he spoke of having defended the Comanche village, killing all the Indian vampires and she nodded while leading the way further into the brothel to the table that they had been sitting at. He then asked if anything had happened while he was gone. This made her look at Josiah before she took a seat as well. "There was an attempted attack on another one of the girls who work here." she told Mathew. "One of the girls had been killed by this vampire and she returned tonight. She had somehow made one of the other girls let her in through the window. If it wasn't for my sister and for Josiah, Maria would of been gone as well."

Mathew wasn't surprised when Belle said a vampire tried to attack one of her girls. It was normal for newly reborn vampires to target friends and family. These people were often so overcome with grief. They would willing fall under the vampire's power. Becoming the first victim of the undead. Cathy had returned to the brothel because it was her home. Those inside were like family to her. Mathew said Cathy may return, but not this evening. He said if she did return, she wouldn't be alone. Not after how she was defeated. Cathy would now know that Josiah was a threat. All the vampires would know this. Josiah would now be a target if the vampires planned on staying around. Since Mathew didn't think Klaus was ready to move on. He knew Josiah would be targeted for death. Mathew also said Belle and her sister were in danger. Cathy said both would be taken and turned. She wanted Imala, and Belle was wanted by Klaus.

Mathew suggested that Belle, her sister and her girls, leave El Paso. Until the vampires were taken care of. Mathew thought it was best for all the girls to catch the morning train. They could go somewhere else and return after the danger had passed. Josiah sat there as Mathew spoke of Belle leaving. He knew it was hard for Belle to close down the brothel. Leaving it, didn't seem like something Belle would do. Josiah thought the idea was a good one. However, he was sure Belle would turn down the suggestion. At least where she was concerned. Josiah did hope she would see the true danger and take her girls away for a while. There was no way they could protect all the girls. Neither Josiah, nor Mathew had enough crucifixes to go around. Sooner or later, one or more of the girls would fall to the vampires.

Belle sat there and told Mathew about the attack. Occasionally she would sip at her now cooled off coffee. Mathew then said that Cathy may return in the future and if she did, she wouldn't be alone. This worried Belle greatly and it showed on her face as she sat there, her mug in hand as he told her that Cathy would also know Josiah was a threat and that all the vampires would know of this, now marking him for death by Klaus and the others. She was then told that she and her sister would also be in danger. That they would both be taken and turned.

When Mathew suggested that Belle, Imala and the girls leave El Paso, Belle shook her head slightly. He spoke of the girls all taking the morning train and going somewhere else until the danger was passed. "Where would we all go?" she asked him. "This is our home and our lively hood. Not only that, but whose to say that the vampires wouldn't follow if they want Imala and myself so badly?" She might be able to send the girls to Alice for a short while and maybe even a couple to the first Madam who had taught her. She looked at Josiah and then Mathew. "I will speak with the girls in the morning about them spending some time with one of my fellow Madams." she finally said after a while. "But I will not go anywhere. I will stay and fight for my home." she softly told them. She reminded Josiah that not all of her girls would be able to flee down. The mayors own wife was one of her working girls and his daughter ran the front desk.

Back
Top Bottom