Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lipstick and Nail Polish (Whisper Twice & AnnaBeth Belle)

"Neti pot," she said absently, giving it a name and gaining further confirmation that this was Jason. A sympathetic grimace crossed her face when Jason - Jennifer, start calling her Jennifer - when Jennifer suggested taking Stacy out on a date. The squeeze she gave Jennifer's hand before letting go of it spoke words that Stacy just couldn't utter right now. "I think we're going to run into that," Stacy said slowly, "things that, that Stacy and Jason did together before, um, before you- he-. Look, let's just call it before Jennifer, okay? That makes the most sense. As if anything," she added, "in this whole nutter butter situation makes sense. You might, you probably do, need a therapist. Maybe they'll do it for free since you're the only, I mean, you have a unique situation," Stacy said. "They will probably do it for free. That's one good thing."

"I guess I can go get you something to wear. You're tall, for a girl, but not nearly as tall as Jason. I bet that felt weird." Stacy stood up and went to start packing her purse. "I'll get you something comfy, like sweats. No way am I buying you jeans. I have no idea how to pick out a pair for a fa- for a butt like that. Besides, sweats will be something you can wear in the hospital after we get you admitted." Stacy began to pull on her coat.

Jennifer nodded, sadly. Everything that Stacy said made sense. Perfect sense, really. There were just some things they wouldn't be doing anymore. And she hadn't even thought about seeing a therapist or going to the hospital. Stacy really was thinking of everything.

Jennifer looked up at Stacy and smiled genuinely, lovingly. Hopefully showing in the eyes that hadn't really changed how much she appreciated what Stacy was doing. "Thanks, love," she said. "I'll try and...well, I'll just stay put and adjust, okay? You're right. Being shorter is weird. Walking is weird. Everything..." He trailed off. Everything? "I'll see you when you get back."

Love. It hit Stacy like a hammer when Jennifer said that, called her that like she was still Jason and everything was going to be perfect. Suddenly her doodling of her and Jason's names together felt incredibly stupid and awkward. What she been thinking? Barely two months in and planning their married life together and living Happily Ever After. No one lived happily ever after. Thankful she hadn't bought that copy of Brides and hidden it in one of the bags from the pharmacy, Stacy realized that the only good it would have done her was for them to pick out bridesmaid's dresses together with Jennifer.

For both of them.

"It will be okay," Stacy said, making Jennifer think she was being comforted. Yesterday Stacy would have stolen half a dozen kisses, coming back from the door each time to get one, before finally leaving. Today she just opened the door and walked out, purse and hat in one hand and pulling the door shut with the other. It clicked with a silent finality, shutting her off from foolish daydreams.

Shopping, the excuse of shopping, gave her almost two hours to distance herself that much more from Jason & Stacy. In truth she was done inside of one, but Stacy just wouldn't leave the store, even went so far as to sit in its mini-Starbucks and watch the whipped cream on her latte turn into a sour, sticky deflated mess atop long ago gone tepid espresso and milk. When she got the energy to get up, Stacy tossed the untouched drink into the trash, then almost broke a nail taking the key to Jennifer's apartment off the silver heart keychain that made a heavy noise as it slid down the plastic trashbag. The cold air and walk brought some color back to her face, making it look like everything was normal. Forcing a casual tone into her voice, Stacy stepped into the apartment. "Jennifer? I got you some clothes."

Jennifer smiled softly at Stacy as she left. As the door closed, the smile vanished. Stacy had just left. No goodbye. No nothing. She'd just left. Jennifer got angry for a moment. Didn't Stacy understand that, of all times, Jennifer needed comfort and reassurance. Stacy offered that in her overt actions. But in everything else, Jennifer could see the terrifying truth. Stacy was running away.

Her fist flew out and down and landed hard on the coffee table. Coasters rattled and she clutched her hand. "Shit! Ow! Fuck!" Goddammit, she thought, I can't even get out my frustration normally anymore. She got up and moved to the bathroom and took a washcloth and began to warm it under hot water in the sink to rest her hand on.

She placed the warm washcloth on her hand and sighed as the warmth pervaded through the hurt muscle in her hand. As her hand stopped beating in time with her heart, Jennifer looked up at the face in the mirror and looked at herself for the first time. She really was beautiful, she realized. Hot even. Jennifer knew that Stacy hated her body, but she had always found her attractive, lovely, sexy. Stacy's long legs in heels were a masterpiece worthy of sculpture. But, looking at her new appearance, Jennifer couldn't deny that there was absolutely a different, but no less apparent beauty, in her new body as well.

Hesitantly, she undid the robe and let it fall to the ground. She looked at her body, at her larger breasts, her distinct waist, her smooth tanned skin, and was astonished at how attractive her male mind found her female body. She laughed for a second. Staring a body like this would certainly have gotten her hard before.

She froze. She definitely wasn't getting hard, but there was a certainly new sensation that had developed between her legs that she had never felt before. The thought of what that was made her shiver, and she realized in that moment that the shiver wasn't entirely one of confusion and trepidation. It was also slightly of pleasure, of anticipation.

She decided it was time. The underwear she had been wearing had only been loosely hanging on her hips the entire morning. Now, she finally needed to see. She pulled them down like ripping off a band aid. The quicker done, the less harm it caused. Her mouth hung open as she stared at the bare spot between her legs where her manhood used to hang. She knew it had been gone, but now she saw it. Then, her eyes saw the size of her ass and she turned around and stared at it. It was huge and, she discovered, jiggly. She bit her lip a bit. She actually liked it.

Jennifer moved back to the bedroom and laid on the bed, the thought of how hot her body was still fresh in her mind and how good her...her pussy, she finally acknowledged, felt when she thought about it. Her hand moved up to her breasts. She hesitated for just a moment, then let curiosity win. A soft moan escaped her lips as she felt how sensitive a woman's breasts were for the first time. She moved her fingers over them, then gripped them, then decided to try her nipples for the first time. Her eyes shot open as her body tensed. "Whoa," she said.

She looked down her body towards the slit down below. Did she dare? The feeling was down there again, more intense than ever, and she knew that she was wet. That was an unusual feeling, but it felt so nice. A hand snaked down her stomach, past her belly button, over her hips, down until--

A cry of pleasure sounded throughout the apartment.

She explored her lips and folds down there, enjoying every sensation, but refusing to enter the opening there. Liquid dripped out of her, providing ample lubrication for exploration and she took her time, discovering exactly what felt good, what didn't, and what felt amazing. And then, she tried her clit. Lightning traveled up her body and her other hand gripped the closest thing to it, which happened to be her nipple. "Holy shit!" she cried out.

And then, she was lost to the passion, no longer exploring, no longer discovering, just trying to reach that place that men had always heard about, always thought about, but could never experience. She strove towards her first female orgasm. Her index and middle finger circled her clit, sometimes grazing it, but mainly working around it. She felt a pressure building and it felt strange and wonderful. It reached higher and higher and moans and squeaks began to escape her mouth.

Jennifer buried her face in a pillow as her orgasm took her and she began to scream.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When Stacy finally got back, Jennifer was back in the bedroom, her robe back on, her laptop on the bed. Jennifer's face was flushed and she had a smile on her face. "I'm back here," she called.

"You look better," Stacy said, frowning in mild puzzlement that was evident in the way one eyebrow rode slightly higher than the other. Maybe the pills were done with turning their lives upside down, or maybe Jennifer was coming to grips with things. Stacy realized she had been, probably still was, being incredibly selfish. She'd lost a boyfriend but Jason had lost everything, including, Stacy was beginning to understand, his girlfriend. The last two months had been incredible, and Stacy wanted it to last forever, and so had Jason she knew, but those damned pills, his blind devotion to the new great thing in supplements, had destroyed that possibility. They weren't ever going to be Jason and Stacy again, weren't ever going to get married and have kids. It was over as surely as if Jason had slept with Jennifer like Stacy originally thought. Even though it hurt and Stacy felt the empty space inside of her was never going to fill up again, Jason - well Jennifer- hurt too. Maybe instead of being so selfish she should help Jennifer. Didn't Jennifer have the bigger problem, the real life-altering one?

"New clothes make me feel that way too," Stacy said. The joke was horrible, her delivery off, but it was an attempt to make things better. "They're pretty basic," she said unpacking them. A stretchy top that Stacy hoped was big enough to fit over Jennifer's boobs without becoming a midriff. "I didn't get you a bra. You look like a C cup but I don't know your band size and there's nothing worse than a bad fitting bra although I guess we will kind of approach that problem from different sizes, I mean side. So this will help the jiggle you just need to be careful. Panties," she said bringing out two different packages of 3 to the pack hipsters, one size slightly larger than the other. They were nothing special, Fruit of the Loom cotton, but Stacy hoped they fit. "Sweats, maybe a little tight on your booty but otherwise we can just roll them up at the feet and we can roll the waist. I mean, you've got a butt but your waist is a lot smaller. I guess later we can go out and get some stuff that fits better. You'll need, god, everything. Your credit card bill is going to suck," Stacy said handed over the clothes to Jennifer. "You okay getting dressed? It's just like before, I guess, only difference is the panties and how it all fits."

Jennifer looked up and smiled at Stacy as she was showing off what she had bought. It was so kind of Stacy to have done so, and Jennifer was really touched. It seemed that, deep down, Stacy still did care for her the way she used to. Things were different now, of course, but this was a big step. She had left. She had returned. She had helped her. That meant the world to Jennifer. A lesser woman would have left and run and never looked back.

Jennifer got up from the bed as Stacy finished her display and moved up to Stacy. She wrapped her arms around the redhead and gave her a big hug, her head resting on Stacy's chest. She had never been able to do that standing up before. Stacy's thinner body was cold, it was always cold, but it was colder now from the weather outside and Jennifer was warm as she always was. She held her tight, letting her heat transfer as she always had. "Thank you," she whispered softly, her eyes slightly blurry. "Thank you."

She held on maybe a moment longer than she should have, and then let go and immediately dropped her robe and moved to the clothing. Jennifer had gotten so used to being naked around Stacy that she didn't really give it a second thought. She also didn't think that Stacy might notice that she was no longer wearing the old underwear from earlier. She grabbed hold of a pair of hipsters and slipped them on, wiggling her butt a little to get them over the hump and settled. "Wow, okay, these are a bit tighter than I'm used to." She pitched her voice down an octave. "Support for my boys," she said, laughing, then froze. The lower voice was achingly similar to Jason's and it was a grim reminder that he was not just changed into any girl, but the girl he would could have been born as. It was disconcerting.

She put on the rest of the clothes in silence. The sweats fit well, even if Stacy was right and her assets were a bit on display. The top came next and it was tighter than she expected, but seemed to do its job. Jennifer wasn't ready for a bra yet, and this seemed the perfect intermediate step. She turned back to Stacy and put on a weak half smile. "So, better?"

"You look great," Stacy said with an encouraging smile. Any girl liked to be complimented when she asked her friends about her outfit, and even though this wasn't even really cute for staying in with unshaved legs and binge watching episodes of Grimm, they were the first girl clothes Jennifer had ever worn. It was too bad, Stacy thought, that she hadn't been able to find anything cuter or betting fitting for the brunette. Would Jennifer remember this moment and feel the same way once she developed a fashion sense appropriate to her build and complexion and hair and eyes? God, she probably didn't even know how to put her hair up in a pony, much less braid it. Jennifer hadn't spent hours and hours of her childhood and adolescence and teen years with other girls teaching and learning and talking about everything.

"I just realized how sad it is," she blurted out to Jennifer, "that you didn't grow up as a girl. You don't know how to do anything. It's just... I'm so sorry, Jennifer. You've got so much to learn and I guess I need to teach you a few things. Oh God, I wonder where you are on your cycle? You've got no idea what's coming." Now it was Stacy that came over and hugged Jennifer. It was a far cry from the way they used to embrace, but it was the first time Stacy had initiated the contact.

"Come on, let's sit down." Stacy led them over, holding Jennifer's hand, and sat cross legged and sideways on the couch but pointed to a kitchen chair before Jennifer could sit down. "Drag that over and sit on it. I want to see something."

Jennifer understood that Stacy was just trying to be caring. Really, she did. But she wasn't sad that she didn't grow up as a girl. She was very happy to have grown up as a boy, thank you very much. But, the sentiment did mean a hug from Stacy. It wasn't the same kind of hug at all, but it meant something to Jennifer. She still held out hope that things could return to some semblance of normal between the two of them. After all, her brain was still male. She still love Stacy. She still wanted Stacy. Those lips. Those...

She blocked the feelings out of her head. That was not what she needed right now, and she recognized that feeling between her legs that she had discovered earlier.

She did as Stacy said and grabbed a kitchen chair, but the command was an obvious test. So, Jennifer was self conscious as she sat down. She sat down with her legs together, but it felt awkward and she was sure it looked awkward. She sighed, and spread her legs, leaning back as she always had. "I tried to sit like a lady, okay? That's just, not me, you know that. I may have this body, but that's not me. Everything up here," and she bonked her head a few times, "still wants to spread my legs and scratch my balls."

"Jesus Christ," Stacy said and shook her head even though she laughed a little bit. "This is like The Princess Diaries only with a guy." One last shake and Stacy pointed a finger at Jennifer. "Look, you're going to get stares all the time anyway. Guys will totally be into you with those tits and that ass and your black hair. You'll find out soon and then you'll have to learn to deal with it, or dress down to avoid it. But you can't sit like that," Stacy said and mimed Jennifer's pose. "See? It's wrong. Stupid looking. Like you're a slut or something. Come on, put your knees together more. More. More, don't make me get up and come over there young lady," Stacy joked.

"You can put one leg slightly in front of the other. No, not like that!" Stacy stood up and walked over, then knelt beside Jennifer and reached out to adjust her legs. "Like that, see? Or you can put your feet off to the side, like touching each other. The Queen pose, right?" She showed Jennifer then again helped the new girl to sit properly. "And stop slouching. You're not a guy any more. Sit up straight and don't let your back touch the chair." Stacy stood up and walked around Jennifer and used her hands to correct the brunette's posture. "How's that feel?"

Jennifer sighed and turned away. "It feels awkward, stupid and a damned nuisance. You girls have to put up with all of this, and all the awkward clothes, and all the hair stuff, and periods, and...oh shit, periods." She had heard Stacy mention cycle before and she knew what that meant, but it had never really clicked for her what this might mean. She looked up at Stacy with an exasperated expression.

"God, the frickin' orgasms you girls can have just isn't worth all of this!" Jennifer froze and covered her mouth. She saw the look on Stacy's face upon admitting that she'd already played with herself, and then just started laughing. And it was like a dam breaking and all the stress that had been building up over and over throughout the day just came out of her and she just laughed and laughed at the absurdity of the entire situation she was in. Finally, she stopped and wipe happy tears from her eyes and sat up. Her posture was good and her feet were together and slightly back, one behind the other. She had it. "Um, you weren't supposed to find out about that," Jennifer said with a smile that said she wasn't too unhappy.

"Well at least I know why you looked more relaxed and were smiling. Jesus, really". Stacy didn't pull away, actually laid a comforting hand on Jennifer's shoulder and squeezed gently. It was slender under her hand, fit much better into it than Jason's had in fact, and the feeling was not as eerily familiar as it was just pleasant. "Just, try to keep your hands out of your pants for a while, okay? You don't know what you're doing and I don't want you to hurt yourself." At the puzzled look she knew Jennifer was going to give, Stacy took Jennifer's hand and tapper her nails against Jennifer's own. "Remember that day I made you get a manicure with me for fun? Well, it wasn't just for fun. Your nails were hurting me when you, when Jason, um, they were hurting me. You know. Inside. And now you know why lesbians always have man short fingernails."

"Jesus Christ, lesbians. Jennifer, do you still like girls?"

Jennifer sighed and looked up at Stacy with those all too familiar eyes. An exasperated smile was on her face. "You just don't get it, do you?" She stood up and faced Stacy it was weird being at the same height as her, but it made staring into her eyes that much easier. "Outside, I'm Jennifer, yes, and if it's easier to call me Jennifer and all that, then yes, I'm Jennifer. But in here?" She tapped her head. "Stacy, in here, not a single thing has changed. I'm still the exact same person in this head who kissed you good night last night, who made sweet love to you the night prior, who watched the sun come up with you a week ago. In here, I'm Jason."

She took a step towards Stacy, bring them even closer together. "It means that I don't just still like girls, I like you. Because Jason like girls. Because Jason liked you. In here is still Jason. He still wants to push your hair behind your ear, grab the back of your neck and kiss you, squeeze your tips with his hands, stick his dick deep into you and ride you until you scream. That's all still there. It's just...just that there's no dick to stick anymore. But that doesn't change anything else. If that means I'm a lesbian, then I'm a lesbian."

"What do we do, Ja- Jennifer? You're always so good at that, telling me what we need to do. Like the time I lost my phone and was panicked and you told me we just needed to use the Find my iPhone app and retrace my steps and there it was, in the refrigerator next to the yogurt and the spoon was in my purse where my phone should have been. Remember?" She laughed then put her hand over her mouth to stop it from becoming something else. When Jennifer looked like she was going to say something, Stacy just shook her head real quick and backed up a step. It took a bit but she was able to stop herself from crying. The last thing they both needed was tears. They needed a solution. Not a fix, because that probably would never happen, there wasn't a way to get Jason back. But she still had him, only as Jennifer. And there was so much to teach her that she didn't know. Stacy wasn't even sure of what all she herself knew about being a girl, so much of it was just deeply ingrained since birth by society. Jason wouldn't be afraid to walk across the parking lot at night, Jennifer should be. Jason would go out and get drunk and let a guy friend drive him home. Jennifer shouldn't. So, so much.

And Stacy still loved Jennifer enough that she was going to be the one to do it.

"I can't, I can't think about that right now, Jennifer. I mean, turn it around? If I was waving a dick at you that I didn' t have the night before you'd be backing up too. I just need to get used to it all."

"Look, we're going to the mall. We're going to go shop and don't you groan because I know you hate shopping but you need some things and you better get used to it. We'll get lunch and just practice being you in public. Making sure you don't go into the wrong bathroom or get in an argument with someone who bumps into me that's twice your new size. Just get used to being out, and it will help me too being comfortable being with you as Jennifer. And besides, those sweats are ugly. Straight up bad breakup outfit. Come on. I promise we won't spend all day there."

Several hours later, with a pile of bags at their feet, Jason and Jennifer sat in the food court. Stacy had opted for a grilled chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-a and was tearing the top bun into small pieces and eating it one tiny mouthful at a time. "That wasn't so bad, was it? We still need to go by Sally's and get you some brushes and a good hair dryer and curling iron and straightener..." she saw Jennifer's expression and stopped. "Okay. Okay, I know you hate shopping. Last thing I promise then we can go home."

Jennifer had taken Stacy's point. She couldn't just wave her pussy in Stacy's face like that. She still loved Stacy, still wanted Stacy, but Stacy wasn't just going g to throw herself at a female version of Jason, no matter how simple that sounded to him.

Jennifer had to admit that shopping was more fun than she expected. It was probably because she was spending time with Stacy, real time. Not just commiserating over the shitty hand they had both been dealt, but just picking out clothes and laughing and joking. It was almost like getting back to normal. Well, not normal, but definitely better than the morning.

Jennifer munched on a salad with buffalo chicken in it. She had wanted buffalo wings, but Stacy had insisted that she needed a salad instead. And, quite frankly, Stacy had been right so far. She grimaced automatically upon hearing about one more store, but broke out into a smile and laughed, tucking her hair behind her ear as she did so. She reached out and gave Stacy's hand a squeeze. "I'm sorry. This has actually been really fun going out today with you. I can't thank you enough."

"You just did that," Stacy said, then mimicked pushing her own hair back. "Like a girl. Not like a guy would," she repeated the gesture, showing the difference in how Jennifer held her hand and fingers versus how Jason would have done it. "And we didn't even talk about it. I think, maybe, if you don't think about some of the stuff you just automatically do what you've seen girls do. That's going to help and I'm really proud of you for how hard you're trying. Like with lunch," she nodded to the salad. "I'm going to miss stealing your food though," Stacy said and gave a brief, somewhat sad smile. "No," she said, stopping a comment before it could come from Jennifer, "it's okay. You're not Jason but you are still in so many ways. I just have to get used to it. And I know i hurt you earlier, a lot, it's just weird, okay? I need time to get used to it and we need to figure out what it means for, for us," she said carefully.

"I'll clean up," Stacy said and stood, picking up their trays and leaving the bags for Jennifer to gather.

"I need the bathroom," Stacy said after Jennifer joined her. "Wait...we need the bathroom. Oh God this is going to be so awkward. Come on." The Family Restrooms were off to the side of the single sex one and Stacy thought she saw Jennifer look at the men's room and want to laugh. She wondered what was so funny. "In," she said and held the door open with her foot. Stacy hated touching public restroom door handles. Once the door was locked, she turned to Jennifer. "Um, do you know the basics? And how to, um, blot? Or wipe? It's front to back if you need to wipe instead of blot because, well, the other way is a good way to get a UTI. And that's going to happen more than you think so you better listen when I get on to you to drink more water. I hope you like cranberry juice too," she laughed and then turned way so Jennifer could go.

"So, this is awkward."

Jennifer was in the family bathroom with Stacy and it couldn't have been more awkward. UTIs? Blotting? Front to back? Cranberry juice? It was all just a little too much and she started to hyperventilate slightly which caused her to smell the bathroom a little too much which, in turn, caused a coughing fit.

She bent down and steadied herself and let the moment pass. When she stood up, she said, "okay, awkward, but we have to do this." And so, she did. And it was weird and it was awkward, and for a moment afterwards, she had to think what front to back actually meant. Then it was done, and she stood up and re-situated and flushed.

"That wasn't so bad," she said. "You know, it'll be actually kinda nice not to have to move your cock and balls out of the way to wipe after I've...well, best not to be more awkward." She laughed and started to wash her hands. "Let's hit that last store and get home. You've been amazing, but I think I'm done with being outside today."

"Language, young lady," Stacy said as she finished her own business. "Ladies don't use words like cock and balls. Well, unless they're in the bedroom," she amended, flushing a little at the memory of her and Jason and some dirty talk between them. "I know you want to get home. Just being out can be draining, but it's been worth it. You've got a good selection of basics, a lot of it really cute too, and I bet it feels nice to be wearing a bra that fits." That had been hard for Jennifer, getting fitted. It kept feeling to Stacy like she was enjoying it too much when the cute young salesgirl was measuring Jennifer for the bras and helping her get totally fitted into one. It also made her crazy jealous to think that Jennifer was getting hot for another girl that wasn't Stacy. Jason didn't know it, but Stacy had a deep possessive, jealous side. If she hadn't been so traumatized by the change, Jennifer surely would have realized it with how quickly, how angrily Stacy went off on Jennifer when she thought Jennifer was just some girl Jason was fucking on the side. "Oh, and save the panties I bought this morning for period panties. You don't want to get your cute stuff messed up. You'll see," she added, kind of enjoying Jennifer's horrified expression.

Well, she was a girl now. She was going to find out eventually.

"You know, I didn't think about it," she said as they walked to the parking garage. "But you need to see a OB/GYN pretty soon just to make sure everything's okay. I don't know what you'll tell them, or..." She stopped Jennifer with a hand on her forearm, turning her new girl friend to face her. "We mentioned it, but I think you do need to go see a doctor. But what about work? Or...you parents?"

Jennifer bit her lip in worry and turned away from Stacy. She didn't want to think about talking with her parents. It was hard enough having Stacy find out, but she supposed they'd have to know at some point. Still, she didn't think she was ready for that conversation yet. She turned back, hand twirling a lock of hair in worry. "I can't tell them, not yet anyway. I really, really am not ready for that conversation yet." She moved in close to Stacy and pressed against her, her arms up against her chest, separating them. "It was hard enough having you find out today. I need some time before someone else finds out."

She was not going to cry again, and being close to Stacy helped. When she was alright again, she pulled back and began walking towards the car. "Alright, it's Saturday. Tomorrow's Sunday. I can call in sick for a while at work. Let's go home and then tomorrow I'll go to the hospital and they can check me out. I don't want any publicity so teaching hospitals are right out." They discussed where to go all the way home.

By the time they got home, it was getting dark. It always got dark early in the winter and the gray skies preceding the next winter storm caused it to darken even earlier this night. They rushed into the apartment and closed the door, shaking a bit from the cold. "I think we deserve some hot chocolate after that," Jennifer said. "Could you make it while I put these away and actually put on some decent clothes?"

She went back into the bedroom and dropped the bags onto the bed. She took off the shirt and sweat pants and found one of the new bras she found. It took her a bit to get it on, and she eventually had to put it on backwards and slide it around to get it on right. Then, she slid into a pair of jeans, wiggling again to get her butt into them. That would take a while to get used to. Finally, a torqouise paisley camisole went on top that was cute and feminine without being too tomboy or too shapely. She checked herself in the mirror and was surprised by how she looked. A smile broke out on her face. With Stacy's help, she'd done a damned good job. She went back out to the kitchen to show off. "What do you think, Stacy?"

"Wow," Stacy said, looking up from where she was checking Facebook mobile on the couch. She stood up and went to Jennifer, who Stacy realized was really nervous about getting an outfit right and looking pretty. "It's a good color for you and you've got the breasts to pull it off, honey. With your eyes, it's important to remember that they kind of change colors based on what you're wearing and that's actually a good thing. More versatile than mine and a lot prettier." She ran a finger down the strap of Jennifer's top, moving it so it wasn't pulling her cleavage too much and making it lie a bit more comfortably. Jennifer's skin was really smooth, like a baby's, and Stacy made a note to teach her how and when to moisturize. "You did really good," she said and took Jennifer's hands in her own. Walking backwards, she led Jennifer to the bathroom and had her sit on the edge of the vanity.

"Just some light makeup and I'm going to tease your hair a little bit. I want you to see the difference, okay? You're really lucky because your complexion is gorgeous and you don't need a lot of makeup, just some accents. And your hair is just like before, so thick!" Stacy ran her fingers through it, forcing her face to not show how much she missed Jason. "But finer and softer. You're going to have a lot of options for styles." Explaining each step along the way, and letting Jennifer hold things and pass them to her, Stacy worked to apply just barely there makeup to Jennifer's face and then spent a few minutes putting some volume and product in Jennifer's hair.

"Super cute," Stacy said when she stepped back. "Like you're ready to go out to the bar. Take a look," she said and took Jennifer's hands, pulling her off the vanity and then turning her to face the mirror. Stacy stood off to the side so the mirror would only show Jennifer, not wanting to distract the new girl from her first done up face. "You should totes take a selfie. Just don't post it yet."

Jennifer smiled as she saw herself in the mirror. She turned one way, then the other, watching her hair shift and move. She brought her hand up to her face, then lowered it quickly, afraid to touch the make-up. "Wow, I look hot. I know that should freak me out, but it really doesn't." She turned to Stacy, smiling brightly and happily. The creases in the corners of her eyes were Jason's and the enthusiasm was his too. "I want to take a picture, but you're going to be in it with me. I'm not taking no for an answer."

Jennifer grabbed her camera and opened turned on the camera. She took hold of Stacy around the shoulder and leaned her head in until it connected with Stacy's. She smiled, and it was done. Jennifer looked down at the phone and switched to the gallery and her heart stopped. The first picture that popped up was a picture of Jason and Stacy in almost the exact same pose taken less than a week ago. She flipped over to the new photo before Stacy could see and handed it to her. "It looks great!" she said, but the enthusiasm was slightly faked.

Trust be told, she had loved the attention that Stacy had given her. It had almost seemed like enough to replace the lack of attention she'd be getting from Stacy that night, and every other night after that. But the truth was that Jennifer knew she would miss that intimacy so much. Loving Stacy as a friend just wan't going to cut it for Jennifer. And that left a damned big hole.

"I need something, a movie, some TV, a distraction," Jennifer finally said. "Wanna sit on the couch and just veg?"

Oblivious to the way Jennifer had reacted to the eerily similar photos, Stacy took the phone and smiled. "We look like a couple of besties ready to go out and have a fun night. Well you do, I'm too washed out and would need to fix my hair and change my outfit. Maybe we can do that tomorrow night? Go out and get some drinks. Just...not our usual place, okay? Please?" she asked and took Jennifer's hand to squeeze it as if she could wring assent through the other girls' fingers. "Yeah, tonight let's just veg. I'm going to go change." She'd begun leaving a small bag in Jason's closet 'Just for emergencies I swear' and kept some toiletry basics and spare panties and a bottle of personal lubricant for when she couldn't quite get ready fast enough for Jason or when he wanted to keep going long after she was exhausted. There was also a pair of pajama pants and a Redwings t-shirt she used to sleep in sometimes at his house.

Stacy came out and found Jennifer on the couch flipping through the Amazon account. It was natural to sit on her left side, because Jason liked to use his right for the remote and his left for Stacy. Jennifer did too and her arm came out and settled around Stacy's shoulder like nothing had happened. Stacy stiffened then, before Jennifer could pull back, snuggled down a little bit and rested her head on Jennifer's chest. It was a little different with boobs but the personal contact was something she needed. "What are you in the mood for? That series The Crown is really good, but a little slow. There's always Grimm or what's that one you like with the guns?"

Jennifer had to stop from hyperventilating when Stacy assumed her normal position on the couch. It was too much like before, too much like normal, and Jennifer didn't want to breathe for fear of breaking the spell. This was how it was meant to be, like the rest of the day was some terrifying illusion. But her, in this position, like this, it felt exactly like it should.

"I don't want to watch 24 right now," Jennifer said. "Guns just don't appeal right now and, quite frankly, I don't want to watch a show about transformations right now so Grimm is right out. Let's watch The Crown. I think I need some slow right about now." They switched over to Netflix and turned on the show.

As they watched, Jennifer found herself falling into old habits. Her hand went to Stacy's hair and she put her hand through it, caressing it and combing it with her hands. As Jason, she always made it a mess. But with Jennifer's hands and nails, she actually managed to keep it nice as she played with it. She looked down at Stacy as she watched the show. Jennifer desperately wanted to kiss her, wanted to feel those lips on her new ones, but that just wasn't in the cards right now. Baby steps, Jennifer, she thought to herself. One step at a time.

The episode was really intriguing. Princess Margaret, who Stacy thought was pretty and more than a little spoiled, was once again being denied her relationship with the much older but super sexy Peter Townsend. Both of them wanted it but there were barriers in their way, everything from rules to public opinion, to the Anglican Church and just the fact that the relationship wasn't supposed to exist at all. But they kept trying, kept working at it, kept forgiving each other all the trouble their status in their lives caused. It was sort of a metaphor she thought for their relationship. All sorts of barriers had popped up, some they could control and some they couldn't. What bugged Stacy was that she didn't know if she was putting up ones she, or Jennifer and her, could control and making it harder.

The feel of Jennifer's fingers in her hair was soothing, almost the same as before, only she was sitting next to a girl instead of a guy. And though it wasn't as pronounced, Jennifer was still taller and bigger and stronger than Stacy, if not overpoweringly so. Maybe she could get used to this, the new feel of things between them. Maybe-

"That feels nice," she said when Jennifer's fingers found the back of Stacy's neck and began to tease the tiny hairs there. "It always does. I'm...thank you for not giving up and helping me work through this. I'm the one who should be helping you but I know I've put a lot in our way today. And I'm sorry. I'm trying not to, I just don't know how not to. And really, compared to everything that's happened to you, I'm just being whiny and selfish." She snuggled a little closer and put her hand on Jennifer's chest, then moved it to try and find a spot between her breasts. "Are you mad at me?"

Jennifer stirred at Stacy's words, but kept caressing the back of Stacy's neck. "Mad?" She sounded surprised, and was. She may have been upset earlier, but she didn't think she was ever mad at Stacy. "I've...I've never been mad at you. And it's me, Stacy, me that should be thanking you. Over and over and over again. Any other person in the world would have ran away. Any other person would never, ever have walked me through all those stores, or taken me to the bathroom, for god's sakes."

She took a hold of Stacy's chin and raised it, so she could look into Stacy's eyes. "You've been perfect this entire time. Amazing. Wonderful. Every time I think that I'm going to freak out or break down, you're there. Every time that I'm about ready to do something stupid or dumb, you're there. Every time I'm about to try something new, you're there."

Jennifer smiled and bit her lip. "So, thank you. Thank you forever. Thank you for all you've done and all you are, Stacy. I'll never forget your kindness, your help, and your support."

There was no chance Stacy could reply without breaking into tears and there had been enough of those today. Blue eyes were very solemn, very wide as she listened to Jennifer's outpouring of the kindness deep in her heart that was still the same as it had been when she'd been Jason.Even the way Jennifer gripped Stacy's chin and turned it was the same, though not quite as strong. Not quite sure if it was going to backfire, Stacy wiggled a little to move her face closer and pressed her lips to Jennifer's. It was just a small kiss, closed mouth, without the usual smacking sound Stacy loved to exaggerate. It felt entirely different than with Jason. From Jennifer's clean girl smell to the softness of her lips, not to mention her smaller facial features didn't press against Stacy's the same way, it was very different but the feeling in Stacy's heart was almost the same. The next moment, before it could become stupid, Stacy laid her head back down on Jennifer's chest and let out the breath she'd been holding.

"I should go soon," she said but without any real desire. The snow had picked up again and fat feathery flakes frosted the window, turning simple glass into a geometric fantasy. Usually Jason would walk her home, then walk back himself, but Stacy didn't want Jennifer to have to do that. She wouldn't pay attention like she should and that might be unsafe.

Back
Top Bottom