Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Requiem of Destruction (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

Megohime responded by elbowing Masamune in the gut, a soft scowl on her face as they rode.

Two more days would pass until Yukimura was informed of Akihime's fast approaching departure from the Takeda estate. Without a reason that he could justify, he felt his heart sink and panic set in. Leaving his office to find Akihime, a soft frown of worry carried on his face.

Megohime and Masamune had set up a temporary camp close to where they were to behind their hunt, for what Megohime wasn't entirely sure yet, and honestly didn't care either way.

Akihime making sure all of her reagents were refilled and packed neatly and delicately in her alchemy case. She hummed softly to herself as she made sure everything would be ready to pack.

Masamune was making sure all of his weapons, besides Megohime, were ready for hunting. Kojurou had even packed him a bow and quiver of arrows, which he scowled at slightly.

Amaya stood in the corner behind Akihime, waiting for her master to finish packing her things. "Akihime-sama, the weapon that you've been looking for, it's been found. Date Masamune is currently in possession of the Dragons Claw."

"What, can't shoot an arrow?" Megohime watched him from a distance, a bored look on her face.

Akihime stopped and slowly turned to her, "Where are they now?"

"Never really liked shooting bows, to be honest.." He answered, "Too time consuming."

"The last I've heard of them is Date heading off with the sword into the wilds around Oshuu, perhaps to test his new weapon." She said.

"Not if you're good enough." She shrugged. "But use whatever weapon you wish."

Akihime smiled and moved toward her companion, cupping her cheeks gently and kissing her forehead, "You did so well, Ama-chan, I'm so proud~ thank you~"

"How do you feel about being used to hunt animals? Bears, deer..." Masamune glanced at her as he sharpened his dagger.

Amaya's face flushed red, and she nodded. "I am only doing what I can to serve you, Akihime-sama.." She scowled softly when a knock game at the door.
"Akihime-dono?" It was Yukimura. "Please pardon the interruption, may I have a word?"

"No." Megohime had a heavy scowl on her face, glaring death at him. "Do expect me to cut your bread as well? I'm a weapon to be used against your enemies, formidable foes and legendary beasts. I do not hunt for dinner."

Akihime caressed Amaya's cheek to reassure her before moving to the door. She opened it and smiled warmly, "How can I help you, Yukimura-sama? Please, come in." She stepped aside and allowed him entry.

Masamune nodded, "Fair enough." He stood and grabbed his broadsword. "Do you want to sit here and look pretty for the fauna, then?"

Yukimura gave a slight nod and entered the guest bedroom she was staying in. "I heard that you're leaving." He said, a soft frown on his face.

Megohime scowled more, then disappeared, the Claw now in his belt loop on his hip. "Just shut up and get moving."

"Ah, yes, my time here is running ever shorter, isn't it?" She noted with a sad smile, "But, my duty is done and I mustn't overstay my welcome."

He chuckled softly and headed out for a small bout of hunting. "If you wanted, we could go find my rival."

Yukimura felt his heart leap into his throat, he wanted to tell her not to go, to stay with him, for he had already fallen in love with her; the kind priestess who saved his land and helped his people like they were her own. "Akihime-dono," He felt his face flush before the words even left his mouth. "Please stay here. Your healing prowess is something I've never seen before; you'd be welcomed to call here your home."

"Rival? Who is it?" Her voice echoed in his head, curiosity in her tone.

With her back still to him, she easily hid the coy and venomous smile that tugged the corners of her mouth, before turning to give him her sad smile from before. "I couldn't, I wouldn't want to impose." She said gently, tone mournful.

"Sanada Yukimura; the newest head of the Takeda. Well, kinda. He's still training." He answered.

"I am asking for you to stay, Akihime-dono, please. The land of Kai needs you." He said softly. Amaya scowled softly, but said nothing.

"I don't know the Takeda. Are they a new clan?" Seeing as how Megohime had been kept away for almost a thousand years, one couldn't blame her for not knowing.

Akihime smiled and bowed, "Very well, I will stay." She replied, "Thank you for your generosity, Yukimura-sama."

"They've been around as long as my clan has. Maybe a bit longer? I'm not really sure, Kojurou could tell ya more." He replied.

A smile graced his face. "I cannot give enough thanks, Akihime-dono." Yukimura said softly.

"Is he strong?" A fidgety aura radiated from the blade, the topic clearly interesting Megohime.

"I am the one who should be thanking you." She said, moving closer. "Please forgive my boldness.." She said gently before softly kissing his cheek.

"Oh yeah. We've tied every sparring match we've ever had." He replied with a grin.

Both Amaya's face and Yukimura's face went red, Amaya out of rage, and Yukimura out of embarrassment. "A-Akihime-dono, I-I..-" He sputtered in surprise.

A discharge of electricity sparked visibly at Masamune's side, but it didn't hurt him. "I want to fight him." It was a demand, and it sounded like she wanted to go at that very moment.

Akihime smiled bashfully, "A gift of thanks." She said and turned to Amaya, seeing her jealous rage and only smiled reassuringly, "I suppose I should unpack everything...!"

Masamune grinned more, "Sounds good to me." He turned on his heel and headed back to camp.

Amaya quickly removed the look on her face, averting her gaze to the ground.
"Would you like help? I'm sure we can get you a seperate room for your herbs and elixirs?" Yukimura offered.

Megohime sparked and hummed with excitement. "He better be as good as you say he is."

"Oh no, Amaya here is capable enough. If you do have a spare room, however, I would appreciate that." She said kindly.

"Oh, he is. It's been at least a few months since I fought him last. Here's hoping he improved in that time." Masamune started packing everything quickly, wanting to leave.

Yukimura looked to Amaya, then back to Akihime with a nod. "Of course, I can show you to one of our alchemy rooms whenever you're ready."

Megohime only responded with another spark, falling quiet for the time being.

"Thank you so much, Yukimura-sama..." Her tone was almost sickeningly sweet, a faint but well hidden undertone to it seemed to charm him more. She was going to wrap him so tightly around her finger that there would be no real hope to free him from her.

Masamune got everything together and mounted up, turning the horse and heading to Kai.

Yukimura seemed to buy into every word, his heart racing and his smile widening, Amaya however scowled in rage as she unpacked her masters things carefully, back to the both of them.

Yukimura nodded, almost eagerly. "Of course, I'll see to it personally that it is set up immediately and fully stocked." He bowed his head, his ponytail sweeping over his shoulder. "Please excuse me." He said before leaving.

((Whenever you wanna throw Masa in is good with me~))

Back
Top Bottom