Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Requiem of Destruction (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

He chuckled and mounted his horse, "Wanna tag along as a sword or hop up front?" He asked.

Akihime only smiled, "It's quite alright. It was a life defining moment and has made me who I am today."

Megohime didn't even turn around, in a flash of light, a sword was on Masamune's belt, the same electric hum making his side tingle.

"Certainly." He nodded his head, eyes glued to Akihime as he listened to her speak. "And that person.. Is truly a gift."

He chuckled softly and kicked his horse into a gallop, setting off into the wilds of his land.

She actually blushed before giggling softly, "Thank you, but I'm no gift." She replied.

Megohime kept her form as a sword the entire time he rode, dead silent all except for the soft hum that came from the sword itself, showing that she was there in the sword.

Yukimura took a seat beside Akihime, resting his spears against the deck. "How are you anything but a gift? You've saved my people."

"Not much of a talker, huh?" Masamune asked, "If you could even talk in the form?"

"There are others with my same talents. How am I more special than any of them? Because I saved a village and some farmland?" She frowned softly, "I am more than beyond happy to help...but I am just a single pebble mixed with more. I am nothing special.."

"I can talk in this form, I just don't have anything to say." Megohime's voice resonated within Masamune's head.

"But Akihime-dono.." His face was flushed red, carefully placing his hand over hers, then looking up at her. "You're the only one to face this head on and with such kindness."

He made a soft noise, "Got it." He replied, "Wish I could entertain you.."

Her hand tingled and she mentally kicked herself for letting her feelings surface like this, for some man. A simple, pure, kind hearted man. "You give me too much credit..." She said gently, lowering her gaze.

"Me too, but you probably can't." Her tone was snide, almost mocking, it was clear she had a smug attitude.

Yukimura stared at her for a moment longer before removing his hand and turning his head away. "Forgive me, I went too far.."

"I can tell you a really shitty joke.." He said, keeping his gaze forward.

"Yukimura-sama..." She frowned and gently took his hand, "You are so very kind for giving me such high praise...thank you." She smiled sadly, "I'm not used to such hospitality and kindness. I'm sorry if I upset you, I just didn't know how to react...I appreciate your compliments and praise.."

It was silent for a while before she gave her reply. "Alright, lets hear it."

Yukimura's face lit up as red as an apple when Akihime took his hand, staring at her in surprise, then shaking his head. "No, please, I-I..!"

"A drunkard walks out of a tavern." He said simply. There is no way she's laughing at that one, he thought, way too shitty.

She pulled her hand back, "Forgive me...I-I was too forward..."

The sound that resonated within Masamune's head sounded very much like a stifled laugh. "You're right, that was a pretty shitty joke." She said, but sounded rather amused.

"No..! It's not that..!" His ears were red now, looking down at his lap. Clearing his throat, he stood. "Please forgive me."

He grinned, good enough. "Yeah, not one of my best."

She looked up at him, expression that of disappointment. "All is forgiven, Yukimura-sama...I hope I didn't offend you.."

"Then let me hear one of your better ones." It sounded more of a demand, rather than a request, but regardless, at least she wanted to hear more.

"But I still should not have tried to taken advantage of you in such a way." He averted his eyes, ashamed of his own desires and actions.

"Two fish swim into a stone wall. One turns to the other and says, 'Dam.'." He said with a small smirk.

"Taking...advantage...?" She echoed slowly. Oh my sweet heavens, she thought, mentally scowling.

Admittedly, every joke Masamune was telling wasn't funny even for young children, but Megohime had been in seclusion for so long, she honestly found any dumb joke funny. "Next one." She said a hint of laughter in her voice.

"I made a move of romantic intentions on you, and you're our guest." He bowed deeply to her. "It was rude of me."

"What do you call two crows on a branch?" He asked.

She made a face, "You held my hand." Her sweet tone dropped and was replaced with a flat tone of annoyance. She noticed instantly and cleared her throat, "Wh-What I mean is, that it isn't a big deal really...! I don't mind...!"

"Two crows on a branch." She responded flatly, not understanding how this joke could be funny.

Yukimura was still a bit flush, but nodded in agreement. "Ah! You'll have to excuse me, I need to do my reports." He bowed once more, gathering his spears. "Would you like to join me?"

Again, stifled laughter could be heard from within Masamune's head, then in the blink of an eye, Megohime was sitting in human form in the saddle in front of him. "Move back." She shifted to get comfortable, resting her hands against the horses neck.

Yukimura nodded his head, then hurried inside to complete whatever paperwork needed to be completed.

Masamune shifted back a little to give her room, "Got bored bein' a sword?"

Akihime scowled lightly and sipped her tea, "Gods, what a school boy..." She muttered under her breath.

"Shut up." Megohime grumbled, lacing her fingers through the horses mane to hold on. "You just bounce around too much." They were closer than they had been before, even when he awoke to find her in his bed, her back pressed against his chest.

((How else do you wanna manipulate him~?))

((I would imagine he would beg her to stay when she leaves~ and then she starts slowly changing everything~))

He put his arm around her waist to make her more secure in the saddle, "Well, I figured you would be used to being on a horse."

((Sweet, wanna start us off~?))

Megohime instinctively grabbed onto Masamune's wrist with one hand to further steady herself. "In this form I am." She said quietly.

Back
Top Bottom