Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pathfinder Custom Campaign Looking For Players

AlluringEnigma

Wet Narcissist
So, some of my fondest memories were of playing Pathfinder (I suppose 5ish years count as a while ago). I loved the focus on story that the game allowed, while adding systems that would mess with the best laid plans of both DM’s and players. Unfortunately, I was fairly busy at the time, so I wasn’t able to attend all the time, and eventually the local game store shutdown, essentially killing my experience with the game. Since I’ve joined the site, I’ve mulled around with the idea of participating in one of the games run here, but none of the ones I’ve seen have quite caught my interest, at least for a full campaign.

I always found with both Pathfinder and D/D 3.5 that the games presented rule sets that allowed for the game to focus on stories more than combat. I’m not interested in arguing over editions or rulesets, this is just what I’ve found in my experience. Anyways, let me put it plainly. I’m interested in DM’ing a game under the Pathfinder ruleset, and I’m looking for about 3 to 4 players (Negotiable). Now, before you reply, let me explain what I’m looking for and disclaim what I bring to the table.

I’ll start with disclaiming that my grasp on the Pathfinder ruleset is fairly loose. I haven’t played for a long amount of time, and as a result, the more complex rules are going to be a bit fuzzy for me. On the bright side, I have the rulebook and am a pretty quick learner. Also the internet is a fairly useful tool for any confusion. Suffice it to say that there will be people who understand the rules better than I do, but I will do my absolute best to know pertinent rules before they’re needed.

With that out of the way, let me describe what kind of DM I’m looking to be. I put a lot more focus on story over rules. If you’re looking for someone who can troll through the rulebook and cobble together encounters with obscure stats and the like, I would look elsewhere. My first priority is telling a good story. That’s not to say there won’t be vicious traps and nasty enemies (Oh yes, there definitely will be), but instead think of them as a means to an end.

Despite my inexperience, I am a fairly decent storyteller. I’ve already got a custom campaign outline, a rough draft of the first couple hours or so, and I think it’s a fairly decent storyline. Then again, I could be tooting my own horn. In addition, I’m a fairly good writer, and my posts will be fairly detailed, and will allow for different approaches to situations.

Just to give an idea of setting, the group will be held together under the notion of a gang of mercenaries of sorts. It makes much more sense in detail, but it essentially allows diverse backgrounds that oppose each other to have to work together in some sort of way. The setting is definitely High Fantasy, and its technology level is medieval, so no firearms I’m afraid. I can delve into more depth if you’ve got specific questions, but I’d like to wait and make sure there’s interest before bothering to type out the premise.

If you have other questions, I’d love to answer them, feel free to ask in this post or to PM me! Now, let’s talk expectations. Firstly, I expect longer than a couple of lines in reply. I’m not expecting anything over 500 words, but detailed interactions are necessary. Since this isn’t in real life, simply quipping back and forth is just going to lead to a cluttered and messy thread. Again, the posts don’t have to be all that long, they just need to have substance behind them.

If you’re looking to powergame and exploit the rules to create a massively unfair character, don’t bother replying. I’ve played with people who have created characters that exploit the hell out of the rules, and it isn’t fun. Just create a character with a level of ability relative to his fellow party members.

Be able to roleplay properly. I know this sounds dumb, but remember that your character needs a backstory, and your actions should mirror your character’s alignment. I don’t want to DM a group of adventurer’s who all get along without issue. Some of the best moments in these kind of games is when the Lawful Good Paladin refuses to let the Neutral Evil Sorcerer finish off an unarmed combatant. That kind of thing is what builds the best campaigns, in my opinion. This also means that I’d like the people playing to have alignments that can conflict. A group composed entirely of Chaotic Neutral characters all agreeing with each other sounds pretty dull.

Finally, I’d like to address smut, since this is a smut site. Essentially, I was thinking there would be a few ways to incorporate into the game. Firstly, I think it would work well as a way to solve some encounters (i.e garnering information from a drunk merchant through sex). I also assume that there would be some interaction between characters, with the roleplay kind of determining how the adventurers pair up, so to speak.

Basically, I’d alter the way death works as a system, to add further smut. Assuming I understand the rules correctly, feel free to tell me I’m wrong, a character who drops to 0 HP is disabled, and when they drop below that they start to die. Finally, they are killed when their total HP has more negative points than a character’s constitution. Essentially, I was thinking of removing death as an option and changing loss of HP into two states. I’d keep the disabled state, where healing could still bring the person back into the fight. However, once dropping below 0 HP, I’d change “Dying” to “Incapacitated”. When incapacitated, a combatant is unable to re-enter combat and they may be subjected to the whims of their captors. The idea would be to either drag the adventurer off further into the dungeon, requiring the party to save them while they’re being used, or to simply have enough enemies to where the unfortunate combatant is left alone to the winner’s whims until the rest of the party can deal with the enemies still trying to stab them.

I’d love to hear thoughts, comments, or suggestions either through PM or simply posting here. Thanks for reading this far!

Hello there!

gentle witchery here, and I am pleased to inform you that I'd be very interested in your game of Pathfinder! I have been playing Pathfinder for many years now, and I'm very familiar the general rules (though not a rules lawyer by any means; I prefer the story over anything!) as well as the countries, gods, classes, etc. I would be EXTREMELY interested in joining your game based on your post!

I would love to play a witch, cleric, or oracle character, if you would allow access to the SRD online or, more specifically, the Advanced Player's Guide in terms of what books to look for. Will you be allowing archetypes, so long as you don't feel they are broken and they are not third party?

I have to be honest, I'm pretty excited to see this thread, because I've been really craving a smutty Pathfinder game! Would we be using the cannon universe?

This looks really interesting! I've been playing D&D 3.5 and PF for about six years now, but have never experienced one with both plot and smut, so I'd definitely enjoy playing in this game.

The online PFSRD is completely free and allows access to every Paizo book out there and nearly every 3PP book as well. I'd like to request the Psion class from Dreamscarred Press, which is widely considered one of the most well balanced 3PPs out there. I would even say it's more balanced than some of the Paizo material, considering that they've made some questionable design choices over the years. xD

Lovely post. I am setting up a pathfinder game as well, moving toward much of the same tone. Out of curiosity, would you be interested in a larger, multi-GM game centered around a mercenary group? We could have some PCs out on one task, some on another, and some back at the lodge.

Hello there!

gentle witchery here, and I am pleased to inform you that I'd be very interested in your game of Pathfinder! I have been playing Pathfinder for many years now, and I'm very familiar the general rules (though not a rules lawyer by any means; I prefer the story over anything!) as well as the countries, gods, classes, etc. I would be EXTREMELY interested in joining your game based on your post!

I would love to play a witch, cleric, or oracle character, if you would allow access to the SRD online or, more specifically, the Advanced Player's Guide in terms of what books to look for. Will you be allowing archetypes, so long as you don't feel they are broken and they are not third party?

I have to be honest, I'm pretty excited to see this thread, because I've been really craving a smutty Pathfinder game! Would we be using the cannon universe?

So I thought about this, and I don't mind people using classes that are not a part of the core rulebook. So playing a witch is fine with me. However, I will note that I won't be using any of the systems within another book to play the campaign. So, essentially, you can have the character and their abilities and such, but the campaign won't include any of the abilities, equipment or tweaks to the rules. Hopefully that makes sense.

I'd like to avoid archetypes at the moment. I honestly am more interested in people just asking me if they can change something about their class rather than using the archetype system. And no, we won't be using the canon universe, it'll be a custom universe, though it'll share similarities to the Pathfinder canon.

This looks really interesting! I've been playing D&D 3.5 and PF for about six years now, but have never experienced one with both plot and smut, so I'd definitely enjoy playing in this game.

The online PFSRD is completely free and allows access to every Paizo book out there and nearly every 3PP book as well. I'd like to request the Psion class from Dreamscarred Press, which is widely considered one of the most well balanced 3PPs out there. I would even say it's more balanced than some of the Paizo material, considering that they've made some questionable design choices over the years. xD

Same thing I told Gentle Witchery in regards to your class. However, I'd like to note that the Psion makes a little less sense to me than a witch, especially thematically. I'd prefer if you chose a more standard class, but I'm not going to stop you. I'll also note that I'll likely mangle some of the rules for both the Witch class and the Psion class if I find that they're not fit for the campaign. That said, if you're OK with that, I don't see a problem.

Lovely post. I am setting up a pathfinder game as well, moving toward much of the same tone. Out of curiosity, would you be interested in a larger, multi-GM game centered around a mercenary group? We could have some PCs out on one task, some on another, and some back at the lodge.

Honestly, as nice as that sounds, I can already see the headaches from it. In addition, my biggest problem is it contradicts what I'm going for. I like an established group dynamic, and by swapping players in and out, it kind of messes with that dynamic. In addition, you seem to be running Crimson Throne, and my game is a custom universe; I'd unsure how the two would mesh. Thank you for the interest though!

AlluringEnigma said:
Same thing I told Gentle Witchery in regards to your class. However, I'd like to note that the Psion makes a little less sense to me than a witch, especially thematically. I'd prefer if you chose a more standard class, but I'm not going to stop you. I'll also note that I'll likely mangle some of the rules for both the Witch class and the Psion class if I find that they're not fit for the campaign. That said, if you're OK with that, I don't see a problem.

Thematically, we can refluff it to be a mage with a lot more flexibility than normal who uses crystals as part of her power. Ectoplasm can be refluffed to an appropriate magical ether-type substance for the world. Rules-wise, there's not much difference between psionics and normal magic, so there shouldn't be any difference there. Similarly, all of the equipment can also be refluffed to just "normal, but with more crystal".

Also, psionic-magic transparency is the default rule where the terms "power" and "spell" are pretty much interchangeable, and since it's gonna be refluffed to magic already, it should probably be extended to skills as well.

Morcleon said:
AlluringEnigma said:

Thematically, we can refluff it to be a mage with a lot more flexibility than normal who uses crystals as part of her power. Ectoplasm can be refluffed to an appropriate magical ether-type substance for the world. Rules-wise, there's not much difference between psionics and normal magic, so there shouldn't be any difference there. Similarly, all of the equipment can also be refluffed to just "normal, but with more crystal".

Also, psionic-magic transparency is the default rule where the terms "power" and "spell" are pretty much interchangeable, and since it's gonna be refluffed to magic already, it should probably be extended to skills as well.
That sounds fine to me then, you've got the go ahead from me. I might ask for some clarifications now and then, but otherwise we should be fjne.

AlluringEnigma said:
Honestly, as nice as that sounds, I can already see the headaches from it. In addition, my biggest problem is it contradicts what I'm going for. I like an established group dynamic, and by swapping players in and out, it kind of messes with that dynamic. In addition, you seem to be running Crimson Throne, and my game is a custom universe; I'd unsure how the two would mesh. Thank you for the interest though!

Oh, the Crimson Throne thing would be separate, but given your answers elsewhere I can definitely see problems with desired rules and such. Oh well, worth a shot.

I would still be interested in joining, though. I actually prefer a GM that is willing to modify a class to archetypes, though I think archetypes were a brilliant idea from paizo. I generally prefer hybrid chars, with my favorite being bards with no performance abilities and/or rogues with no sneak attack.

Seems like there is enough interest. I've created the Character Roster thread. I'd like everyone who's posted here to add their character to that thread, following the guidelines I provided as well as common sense. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask here.

How do you do, Alluring Enigma, and welcome to Blue Moon. Am I too late to express interest? Your game sounds really nice... Except for that fact that I'm going oto have to fight down panic attacks if I find out half the party is evil. *Sweat drop*

Let's see if I can find something inteligent to say so that I don't leave the conversation on that note.

Do you meant to use the golarion setting? If not, do you have a pantheon in mind for your world? I do enjoy playing clerics and I'm not doing any right now.

I enjoy the alternative combat tweak for use by lecherous enemies. I think I might note that there is also a perfectly viable system for non lethal damage. :) I usualy use that myself.

A few questions:
1. What level are we starting at?
2. Can we use a 25 PB instead of rolling?
3. Where will we roll dice? I don't think blue moon has an integrated dice roller.

Morcleon said:
A few questions:
1. What level are we starting at?
2. Can we use a 25 PB instead of rolling?
3. Where will we roll dice? I don't think blue moon has an integrated dice roller.
We're starting at Level 1, for simplicity's sake. I've done a few campaigns where I've skipped up to 5, but I think starting at 1 is fine for this.

I definitely prefer the standard method of rolling 4d6 and dropping the weakest, then assigning the values to each category. It makes sure that the character is still proficient in what their class thrives on, but it also ensures they have at least one natural weakness.

I have no issues with any online dice generator that you find. http://orokos.com/roll/ is good if you don't mind creating an account. Otherwise https://dicelog.com/dice is a decent option as well.

Tenshi said:
How do you do, Alluring Enigma, and welcome to Blue Moon. Am I too late to express interest? Your game sounds really nice... Except for that fact that I'm going oto have to fight down panic attacks if I find out half the party is evil. *Sweat drop*

Let's see if I can find something inteligent to say so that I don't leave the conversation on that note.

Do you meant to use the golarion setting? If not, do you have a pantheon in mind for your world? I do enjoy playing clerics and I'm not doing any right now.

I enjoy the alternative combat tweak for use by lecherous enemies. I think I might note that there is also a perfectly viable system for non lethal damage. :) I usualy use that myself.

Nope, there's room for you, definitely.

I'm not all that interested in not only creating but then explaining a pantheon, so the standard Pathfinder pantheon is fine with me.

And I'm still kinda going back and forth on the actual smut mechanics. I'll have a system in place before combat starts.

Apologies for the untimely reply, but I appreciate the update of information in regard to characters. For simplicity's sake, I will most likely use a core class honestly, and I'll ask if anything comes up for me to alter for the sake of the roleplay. c:

Information coming soon. :3

6, 10, 6, 16, 12, 13
Two of those scores are below the minimum Pathfinder or D/D will let you start at without racial adjustments, and none are impressive. That would come out to 5 points with point buy (if it were allowable). Morcleon, on the other hand, is starting with a PB score of 21. A little disparity is one thing, but this is just ridiculous.

EDIT:
http://orokos.com/roll/m-kckolbe

I rolled another 6 and got very interesting results. Still well below Morcleon's, but the lack of strengths (high of 13) or weaknesses (low of 11) could make for an interesting concept.

kckolbe said:
6, 10, 6, 16, 12, 13
Two of those scores are below the minimum Pathfinder or D/D will let you start at without racial adjustments, and none are impressive. That would come out to 5 points with point buy (if it were allowable). Morcleon, on the other hand, is starting with a PB score of 21. A little disparity is one thing, but this is just ridiculous.

EDIT:
http://orokos.com/roll/m-kckolbe

I rolled another 6 and got very interesting results. Still well below Morcleon's, but the lack of strengths (high of 13) or weaknesses (low of 11) could make for an interesting concept.

If the rolls aren't good, just re-roll them. I'm not looking to be strict about the attribute strength, I just think it's more fun than point buy. That first set of rolls is amazingly bad haha. If you're not happy with the second set of rolls you got, just re-do them.

AlluringEnigma said:
If you're not happy with the second set of rolls you got, just re-do them.

I am not sure how I feel about them. They are objectively bad from a mechanical standpoint, but still entirely workable from an RP standpoint. Any concept would be believable, he just wouldn't be good at it. He's well-rounded, just not talented.

This looks interesting if there is room remaining.

So I get that we are a part of some mercenary company - but can you expand on the Company (is it just the PCs or is it a nation spanning operation etc) and can you give you detail on the world:
i.e you are in the nation of X which is recovering from a war with Y which ended five years ago in victory for X tensions are still high as while they are being glossed over both sides engaged in atrocities during the war, much of the world is unexplored so most don't know much about other nations (even nation Y was only noted when the borders met and both mistook the others for simply raiding barbarians before the proper conflict).

Don't need a full history of the planet but just something about the immediate setting and ideally the religions within it (or the gods real and active, real and distant, maybe real but who knows etc).

Rolls were:
http://orokos.com/roll/419980
8, 15, 14, 10, 15, 14.

Decent but not overpowered (my test roll was obscene with a points allotment of around 35 - probably better without that).
Thinking I might go with a Druid depending on some matters about the world.

dancrilis said:
This looks interesting if there is room remaining.

So I get that we are a part of some mercenary company - but can you expand on the Company (is it just the PCs or is it a nation spanning operation etc) and can you give you detail on the world:
i.e you are in the nation of X which is recovering from a war with Y which ended five years ago in victory for X tensions are still high as while they are being glossed over both sides engaged in atrocities during the war, much of the world is unexplored so most don't know much about other nations (even nation Y was only noted when the borders met and both mistook the others for simply raiding barbarians before the proper conflict).

Don't need a full history of the planet but just something about the immediate setting and ideally the religions within it (or the gods real and active, real and distant, maybe real but who knows etc).

Rolls were:
http://orokos.com/roll/419980
8, 15, 14, 10, 15, 14.

Decent but not overpowered (my test roll was obscene with a points allotment of around 35 - probably better without that).
Thinking I might go with a Druid depending on some matters about the world.
There's room, however I think you'll be the last included. I appreciate you choosing fair rolls.

Lemme give you the basic premise of the start, and if you have further questions, I can answer in more detail. Essentially the band of mercenaries the player character starts in is part of a mercenary faction that have taken hold of a small slice of the world the size of Tortuga. At some point, the story will force the group of PC's away from the nation, I don't think how is relevant to know, and the world will open up in some way. There will be a variety of options, as I have the basic scope of several large areas vaguely planned out, so I wouldn't worry all that much about being specific with your character's involvement. The actual map can be thought of as similar to something like Western Europe after the fall of Rome; essentially lots of smaller nations vying for territory, with the humans, superior in numbers, forcing out the unknown. PM me if you have any more specific questions!

Okay. 4d6 drop the lowest, arange to concept.

The standard system says you reroll if you don't have a posotive modiifer of at least +1 and at least one number of fifteen plus. Keeping that ni mind (and assuming live dice are acceptable.)

First set: 17, 14, 16, 13, 9, 15

Wow! Those dicee were hot! *sweat drop*

Given how others are rolling, I'm going to voluntarily drop a few of those, okay?

14 droppin to 12 (still gives me +1 modifier for constitution.)

Let me know if these stats are disproprtionate. I don't want to overshadow the rest of the group.

For a human cleric of Saranrae:
Str 9
Dex 15
Con 12
Int 13
WIs 17 +2 = 19
Chrs 16

If you're using Traits, one of them will be Savant so she can have Perform as a class skill. :)

After seeing the rest of the group's rolls, I think I am going to keep my stats. Not only do lower stats make sense for one who came into his life through birthright rather than merit, but you are being pretty open-minded with the ranger class, which I appreciate.

I am working a ranger with all of the nature abilities replaced with abilities more suited to a noble's son groomed for command.

Looks good, Morcleon. Still working on the ranger. The sheet is here, but still has a lot left to do.

Of all the bordering "nations," which race seems to pose the biggest threat?

Back
Top Bottom