Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Tale of Two Lives (BurningWillows & Rskde)

Christian watches her eat, nudging the pups to stay at their mothers side as they wiggle around, he nods at her words before taking the kill to the others, laying it at their feet. He trots into the woods and changes, taking a few minutes before putting some clothes on and walking back over to the group.

"Ivory successfully gave birth to two alphaborns, Serena, and Tucker." He says to them while leaning against a small tree. "They're beautiful, honestly."

Well into the day Christian finally came back in wolf form, dragging a half eaten corpse of elk with him. Dropping it at Hayley and Flynns feet he disappears for ten minutes to Change and dress, meanwhile the group decides to cook up some meat and works on gathering wood for a fire. By the time they were back Christian had appeared, spouting the great news.

"Oh Christian congradulations," Kayden beemed, stepping up to hug him tightly, "Two Alphaborns? Really? That's a rare sight to see. I'm so glad for you too."

"Me too," Hayley chimed, dropping her sticks on the fire pile, knowing Dominik would light them, "Send Ivory my congrats, please. I can't wait to see the little buggers...when they can come out of the den of course."

"We're going to be here a few weeks till Ivory and the pups can move now, aren't we?" Kayden thought out loud, "We should scout tomorrow, all of us, for necessities. Make this little shack of a house our temporary home till Ivory, Serana, and Tucker can travel."

Christian nods. "Nothing stopping you all from seeing them once they're out." He says with a smile. "I suppose we were lucky, we had discussed plans about going to the city.. But with two alpha borns we might be able to make a pack.. Or just go to the city as suggested, the gray wolves are still out here as proven from our engagement the other day." He says.

He sits down around the fire that Dominik had lit, rubbing his hands and holding them out to the flames. "So what have you all been doing since Ivory and I were asleep? You all look way to happy to have just woken up." He says, slightly amused.

As he thinks about it a little more.. He starts to miss Katerina, why she had decided to stay behind with her mate still bewilders him, he wishes she was here..

Kayden didn't want to talk future plans. Not...yet. Dominik and her had been discussing travelling around, seeing everything. But it meant leaving them all behind. And Hayley and Flynn seemed to be happy in their own little world. They also seemed the least likely to conform to any city/human-like life. Christian and Ivory would make the best out of a city, but with two pups? Was that safe?

"Kayden took a seat beside Dominik, kissing his cheek, "Well since you two decided to sleep most of the day away, and then sneak off all afternoon, the rest of us decided to take it easy."

"Wouldn't really call it easy," Hayley muttered, winking at Flynn.

"We've been sitting around napping and chatting all afternoon," Kayden clarified, "Nothing of interest. Thank you for dinner by the way."

Being kissed on his cheek by the woman he loves brings a cheery smile on to Dominik's face, he continues to dig into the elk they had prepared, this time not raw (luckily for him).

Flynn chuckles and shakes his head at Hayley, putting his arm around her shoulder as they all continue to talk to Christian. "How does it feel? Being a father." He asks the Beta before him.

"It's.. Interesting, I feel like I have a whole lot more responsibility.. I'm still a little scared.. But all of that goes away when I see them, it's like understanding that all of that bad stuff will lead to good things in the end." Christian explains, talking as if he had figured it all out.

Kayden grinned at her brother's words, "I can't wait to see my niece and nephew. I'm sure they are adorable and tiny....oh and so cute."

Hayley giggled along nodding, "Neither of us can wait. We are sure you'll make the best father Christian."

"The best."

They all dug into their food, eating ravenously until Kayden lifted her head, "Will you be staying with Ivory tonight and the pups? Or us?"

Christian smiles. "Thanks guys, I really appreciate your support." He says while starting to eat himself, he had overseen the feeding of his mate and pups before himself.

"I'll be staying with them, or at least close by, don't want anything going in there with Ivory unable to move without the pups being affected." He explains.

Kayden nodded, his statement making perfect sense, "If things go awry or something attacks and you need us, just howl. You should get going Christian while there is still light. The sun looks to be setting within the hour."

She returned to her meal, sitting hip-to-hip with Dominik as she gorged herself on the delicious cooked meat. Around the fire the happy sounds of eating were the only things that could be heard, the five of them quiet and munching on their suppers.

Christian nods, walking away from the group of happy couples to return to the den where his mate sits with their two pups. He changes in the cave before laying down with Ivory, making sure the pups are warm for the cool night ahead.

He nuzzles his head into hers, giving her a lick before laying his head down, staying on alert, as he would be all throughout the night.

Dominik puts his arm around Kayden once Christian leaves, continuing to eat his meal. "We should get some rest." He suggests, maybe they would have time to talk about their plans for the future.

Ivory welcomes her mate with snuggles and adoring love, the pups fast asleep against her. As he curls up she rests her head on his back, relaxing with him around. To have him there meant she and the babies were safe. And that was all that mattered.

I love you.

~

Kayden nods, finishing her bite, "Yes love. Should we take the house or let those two take it tonight."

"I'd rather cuddle my man out here," Hayley shrugged, "You two can take the creepy old house."

Dominik laughs. "You know, us demons feed off of the fear and darkness of those around us." He says before looking over at her, his eyes glowing red for a moment. "Mm, you're so afraid.." He hisses before his eyes turn back to normal and he nearly falls on to his back laughing.

Even Flynn had found himself pulling Hayley a little closer at the demon's display, shaking his head with a soft laugh at the joke, sometimes it's a little hard for him to keep up with what's a joke and what isn't.

Kayden whacked him, then chuckled herself, "Behave boy. Don't scare the girl."

"I'm not scared," Hayley countered, even as she leaned into her mate more, letting him cuddle her, "It was just a joke."

"A poor one," Kayden mused, helping her mate back up, "This is why you didn't have friends when I met you Dom. Behave."

Dominik chuckles as she hits him. "It was a great joke!" He counters, putting his arm around his demon wolf as they speak to the other couple.

Flynn keeps a nice grip on her, chuckling at the joke as they discuss it.

"Either way we gotta go." Dominik says as he leads Kayden off towards the house. "Au revoir!" He calls back to them before disappearing inside with her mate, giving her a kiss on the cheek. "You too tired to talk about the future?" He mutters to her, wanting to know if she wanted to talk about it.

Once they were gone, Hayley crawled into Flynn's lap, kissing him tenderly. They had the night, the sky, and the camp fire all to themselves.

"Cuddles, sleep, or sex?" she purred, her breath hot against his lips as she broke the kiss, "I just want to show you my love baby."

~

Inside the house they were dragging blankets together for the makeshift bed.

"Can we do it in the morning?" she yawned, kissing his cheek, "Someone spent me this morning, and I didn't take a nap when we got back. I'm quite tired."

Flynn smiles at his mate, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her back, sighing softly as she breaks away, his eyes flicking up to look into hers.

"Up to you baby, I dunno if you're still sore from today.." He whispers to her, his lips soaking up the air she blows into them while speaking, her entire essence just makes him want to love her, her voice, her body, her personality..

He presses his lips to hers just one time, keeping his arms wrapped around her. "We could just cuddle beside the camp fire." He says quietly to her, a suggestion if anything.

~

Dominik grins at her, taking his hand and placing it on her cheek before giving her a kiss on her forehead. "We can talk about it whenever you want, love." He says before pulling her down on to the makeshift bed, wrapping his arms around her before throwing the blankets over them.

He buries his face into her neck, surrounded by her beautiful hair. "Sleep well baby, I love you." He whispers while nuzzling the side of her neck.

Kayden laid down with him, nuzzling her had into his neck as her body entertwined with his. Her breath was hot against his ear as she whispered, "I love you too Dominik. Goodnight my love."

Closing her eyes she began to drift off, soon lulled into a deep sleep.

~

Hayley smiled softly, "Sitting has hurt all day baby. You definitely made sure of that. Cuddles sound perfect."

She got up, grabbing the leftover leather used as bed mates and arranging both of theirs together to make a bigger area to lie down next to the fire. Then she pulled him down to the ground, cuddling her back up to his front so they were spooning, her breath coming out in one long whoosh as she relaxed.

Flynn grins as she pulls him down to the ground with her, he wraps his arms around her and kisses the back of her neck softly. "How did a big idiot like me ever get a beautiful girl like you." He whispers to her while nuzzling his head against hers, closing his eyes as if wanting to listen to her tell the story.

She giggled, kissing his nose, "Well I could tell you the story..."

She settled into him, retelling their story from the moment she met him to the moment she chose him, highlighting every detail of how they fell in love. How they won against all odds.

Flynn smiles as she resells the story, nuzzling his head into hers as she speaks of it. By the end he kisses her on the cheek. "Yeah.. I think I remember now." He says with a laugh.

"I love you Hayley, never forget that." He says quietly while resting his head against hers.

"I love you too," she purred back, kissing him lovingly, "Shall we sleep?"

Nuzzling into him her eyes began to flutter shut, watching the fire as she yawned. Within minutes she was asleep, curled into her mate and happy to be alive, with him.

Flynn smiles and nods, watching his mate fall asleep. He rests his head against hers, allowing her to sleep but he is unable to.

He spends most of the night watching over her, unable to sleep for most of the night because of a small fear of losing his mate to something in the outside, though he knows he easily could defend her in his sleep, it still helps to keep an eye out.

Come morning Hayley woke to his tired face and forced him to get some shut eye. The day began like the other one, gathering breakfast than relaxing, with little to be done. In the next week they all fell into the routine: get up, eat, relax, eat, relax some more....sleep... There were many a day the four or five of them would visit the lake, or take a run, or hunt all together. Ivory was bedridden to her den, until the pups could walk and see, and that took a handful of weeks. Until then the rest of the group remained too, no one wanting to leave Ivory behind.

On one particular day while Christian was out with the group and the pups were sleeping, Ivory was settling down beside them for a nap when a breeze picked up. She had been lying in the sun that streamed through the trees, letting her pups sleep without her when she caught it, the faint smell of a predator fresh and near. Her ears flattened as she got up and slunk into the den, curling around her babies and watching through the slim hole for anything to approach. After a minute or two she heard the soft scraping of feet against the moss and leaves of the ground, and then the loud sound of sniffing, the scent of bear filling her nostrils. Fear laced through her, absolute terror for her pups. Instantly her thoughts sought out Christian but he was just too far, either at the lake or off hunting with the men. She couldn't reach him, which meant they were on their own.

As the bear got closer she could hear his sniffing increase, obviously smelling the blood from the kills Christian had brought. It had to be what had enticed him here, however most of the bloody and finished carcasses had been dragged away. There was nothing but dried blood in the dirt, and if she was quiet, the bear might sniff it and head along. And that seemed to be its idea too, sniffing at the ground before letting out a huff and continuing past the den without crossing it. Ivory let out a silent sigh, the threat seemingly gone. Until Tucker woke, make a loud whining sound at her as he heard the noise, then yipping at his mother for her comfort, his tiny ears flat to his head, his eyes still unopened.

Like that the bear's footsteps turned and began stomping back, a growl low in its throat. It must have felt deceived, or assumed the blood belonged to the creature crying, injured and dying. The bear was looking for a snack, that much was obvious. Ivory picked up Tucker in her mouth, dragging him as far back into the den as she could, which was barely anything at all as it was simply a hollow under logs and rock, big enough for her, Christian, and two pups. Curling up with her back to the entrance she dropped Tucker at her stomach and then stretched her head for Serena, picking her up and placing her against her stomach too. Both of them pressed into her brown fur, her warmth and scent calming as she curled around them until her head rested on her back, protecting and shielding them while watching the small opening. It wasn't a comfortable position, but it was necessary, the smell of the bear getting stronger as it neared.

Christian....oh god Christian come back. Please I can't fight this beast. I can't protect our babies and fight. Where are you? Please Christian, please turn back, get closer. Here my thoughts. We are in trouble. We need you. We need you desperately.

Her thoughts were sent out but she still couldn't feel him, he wasn't close enough yet. Panic continued to rise in her as the bear neared, snorting and shuffling across the ground picking up the scent. Suddenly it came into view, several feet away still as its nose worked hard to find its meal. Her body shook, her pups deadly silent in fear as they sensed their mothers panic. It kept getting closer....closer...closer...

Suddenly it let out a loud growl, its brown furred head rising and beady black eyes looking straight into the den. Ivory froze, unsure if the shadows were enough to hide her. They weren't. With a roar it surged forward, sticking its nose into the den opening as it snapped and growled. The pups screamed, their tiny hearts racing as they panicked, their little shrill voices whining in fear. Ivory did the only thing she could do, lunging her own mouth forward and biting the bear on the nose, hoping to startle it away. It through the bear off, and he removed his head to roar, rubbing his bleeding nose on the ground. She was thankful for the small den opening now, only big enough for a wolf to slink in, but still small enough that this bear couldn't get his whole head inside and bite her back.

The bear was furious now, and out for blood. While its nose dripped for the small wound it ran and tackled the log over the den, the one keeping the hole from being any wider. Wood splintered and cracked but did not cave, keeping the three wolves alive. His paws scrapped at the dirt and wood, reaching in but being only inches too short, trying to grab Ivory. The pups squealed harder now, and Ivory wrapped tightly around them, her own thoughts screaming out help for her mate. There was no way she could win this fight. And if the bear got into the den, he'd surely kill all three of them.

Christian had been out hunting with Flynn and Dominik, the two wolves teaching the Demon how to do it like a wolf, because honestly they weren't even sure if he even could track like them in their wolf forms. Their hunting practice with him involved them in their wolf forms shoving Dominik around using their heads on the back of his legs while Kayden and Hayley watched, probably laughing at the demon who was struggling so hard to understand.

After a little while of the fun they were having they decide to head back to their little camp, that's of course when Christian begins to hear the cries of his mate. His ears perk up before he takes off, sensing something was wrong, Flynn and Dominik take off after him, though the two wolves easily leave Dominik in the dust.

Christian approaches the camp. Whats going on?! Are you okay, love?! He practically shouts into her head, though he sees the problem immediately while approaching the den. He and Flynn start to growl at the Bear, which easily brings the attention away from the un reachable catch. The bear turns and growls back at the two wolves pacing around it, Dominik joins in while holding his Longsword.

Dominik lunges at the bear, drawing its attention away from the two wolves that immediately begin to bite at the more sensitive parts of the bear, trying to wear down the large creature. Finally Dominik ends it with a stab through the heart, leaving the bear dead on the ground. Christian slips into the den and nuzzles Ivory. Im so sorry love, I'm never leaving again..

Hayley and Kayden had remained in the woods, enjoying their day together as the men decided to call it a day, and head back. The girls decided to find the lake and relax under the sun for a few more hours unburdened.

Meanwhile over near the den, Ivory curled tighter around her pups, her eyes shut as the bear roared. She felt Christian near though, and suddenly the battle was taken outside the den, the bear being polished off. With it dead her mate came to her, filling the rest of the den with his bulk as he nuzzled her, blocking the view of her and the pups from the others.

You came, that is all that matters.

Christian curls up next to his mate, nuzzling against her again before turning and facing the others, moving his head a little as if telling them to scram, which they do, running off to find their mates in the woods.

Dominik lays down next to Kayden while Flynn walks over to Hayley and picks her up, throwing her into the water of the lake with a laugh,

"You ready to talk about it?" Dominik asks his mate while resting his hand on hers.

Back
Top Bottom