Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Different Turn to Make (Alvis and Malice)

Mallory shrugged her shoulders but smiled a little sheepishly. “Can only change so much. Working on one thing at a time.”

“Like how not to screw your friends over?” Abby chimed in.

Mallory gave her a look.

“Just dishing back for the Hannibal comment.”
“Then I’ll accept it. This time.” Mallory narrowed her eyes but soon relaxed, giving her a small wink.

“Seriously, you two are okay?” Abby asked.

Esther and Mallory exchanged a look before bringing their attention back to Abby. “More like an impasse?” Mallory asked, to which Esther nodded her head.

“I’m sure there might be more to duke out later, especially as information digests, but for right now--”

“There are more important things to worry about--”
“Like having a talk with a battered friend about her reporting skills going a touch too far.” Esther supplied.

They’d all been friends for so long. Abby and Esther more so than Mallory but they were still a tight unit. Finishing each other’s sentences just came easily. Whether they were waiting out the storm or not.

“Well I won’t complain that you want to wait it out for my sake. At least wait until they can take this mask off and I can make facial expressions. And enjoy popcorn to the UFC Match starring Esther vs. Mallory.”

Both girls grinned and nodded their heads.

“As for the next part…” She sighed and looked at the girls and then to Jaime. “Can we hold off on that?”

“Sure.” Esther agreed and Mallory nodded her head, sitting up.

“So what are we playing?” She asked, bringing her chair closer to be part of the bubble and the game.

As Abby started to deal for a healthy game of ‘Go fish,’ Esther felt her phone buzz and she pulled it out of her back pocket. She saw a new text from Harrison and remembering their encounter, her cheeks flushed a little. She couldn’t help it.

“Hey, Mr. Trenton. Just at the hospital visiting Abby. What’s up?”

Harrison felt his phone go off, checked it quicly. He nodded. A destination.
-maybe nothing. should talk though. mind if I drop by a minute?-
Harrison wasn't much waiting around to see what she said i a text. If Tugger was going to start shit, then he had to get to Esther before they did. THe car was growling along, and he checked out his pocket. He wasn't completely comfortable with having a gun on him. He'd settled out his issues with people simply enough with his fists or maybe a club or the like if needed, but a gun...a gun was pretty much just there to kill a person, adn that was a lie he'd nt crossed. Nor did he really want to. He'd rough someone up, even really injure them if needed, but killing them...this was the kind of thing he'd wanted to get out of this life to avoid.

He pulled inot the hospital lot, seeing a few men rooting through a car that he thought might be a bit famliar. he parked, adn got out. Sure enough, teh look of them made it clear it was a few from Tugger's crew.
"Hey boys." He called. They all looked up and then got out of the various state of rooting through Mallory's car. They all smirked, adn clenched their hands into fists. Harrison ahd to admit what he was about to do would be a lot easier now. He drew out the gun he carried, and aimed it.

"Now then boys, I imagine you had plans to get up to all kinds fo trouble." Harrison started. The other men backed up a few paces, hands up and open, none of them looking like they wanted a part of this any longer. "But it ends here. Your boss has a problem with me, he takes it up with me. You start messing with people around me, I start putting you fucking animals down for good, we clear on that?" He asked, pannign the gun across them. They all nodded.

"Now fuck off." They nodded and bolted, fleeing ht parking lot. Harrions sighed, adn went back to his car. The gun went in his glove box. He knew the hospital wasn't liable to let him past with that on hand. He sighed, and rubbed his face. Tugger wasn't stupid. When word got back to him that Harrison was packing and ready to gun down people that fucked with his circle fo people, TUgger would likely back down. He couldn't afford the attrition if he was trying to face down Gideon.

He leaned agaisnt the wall of the hospital to wait for Esther to answer him, not wanting to just walk in at this point. Besides, he had to let Mallory know some yahoos had ransacked her car.

Just as she picked up her hand of cards and began to order them, she felt a shoulder touch her own. Glancing beside her, she saw Abby trying to take a peek which prompted Esther to press her cards to her chest. “Abigail Sampson, are you peeping on my hand?”

“Yes.” She tried to grin but it came out as a grimace. “I am waiting for the day I can grin without grimacing.”

“You and me both. I like your grin without a side of grimace.”

“Let me see your cards.” She whined. “My face is broken.”

Esther laughed. “Is that how it’s going to work?”

“Would it actually work?” She asked with a small pout.

For a moment there, she looked like she might give in but then shook her head. “Nice try.”

“Hey Sampson, eyes on your own hand. And don’t use your situation as a crutch. That’s beneath you.”

She sighed all dramatically and forced her gaze on her cards. “You guys are no fun, forcing me to keep up morale and shit.”

Esther grinned and was about to start them off since she had the most pairs already put down before the game started when her phone buzzed again.

“Sorry guys.” She set her cards down and looked at her phone, raising an eyebrow

“That doesn’t instill a lot of confidence, but okay. Come on over.” She pressed send and set her phone down again.

“Who’s texting you?” Abby asked.

“Her new boyfriend.”
“He’s not my boyfriend.”

“You have a new--holy shit! No way! You and Trenton?”

“It’s--it’s not--It’s...Shut up.” She blushed deepa nd held her cards up. “Abby do you have any two’s?”

“No, go fish and tell me more about Trenton!”

She plucked a card from the deck. “Mallory, your turn.”

“Jaime did you know? Esther barged into Trenton’s office today thinking he was boning me.”
“Why were you in his office?” Abby asked.

“Mallory!”

“It’s like no time has passed.” She sniggered, looking up from her cards to see both her friends glowering at her. Clearing her throat, she looked at Jaime. “Do you have any kings?”

Harrison took a look from where he was at Mallory's car. They'd smashed out two of the windows to get into it, so that was going to suck. But they hadn't wrecked the body or the like, so really it wasn't as bad as it could be. His phone buzzed, adn he checked it, nodding. He'd lit a smoke, got about half through it, but he cast it aside. He had more. Though he'd have to watch it now. Murphy used to score him a few packs when he came to the bar, but with him gone...

Harrison didn't rush his way tot he room. There wasn't much of a hurry to be had here, since he was fairly sure that the problem had been settled. Or at least put off for awhile. It was very likely that thigns were going to rapidly come to a head. If Gideon was bringing in Ingavain to sort out a problem, then it was likely that Tugger was well and truly screwed. But since Tugger was teh leader of hte muscle for the Pin, it was also likely that Gideon might move against the Pin too. It was possible to be an all out war, but at least it would likely be a short war. Not likely the Pin would be able to do much more than slow down Gideon for a week or two if the man fought smart.

Harrison emerged onto the right floor, and paced his way down the hall. he noted one of the people cuffed to a bed looked like one of his clients. He searched for the name a moment before he knew who it was. That was one of the pricks that had hurt Abby. He had very little to do with Abby, and he couldn't recall actually having a good interaction with her, but her knew that Esther thought the world of her. That was enough to get involved just a little. He slipped ino the room.
"Hey Jakey boy." Harrison murmured. Jake jerked in surprise, then winced as it put strain on his ribs. "Just chill. Thought we might have a few words."
"What? What do we need to talk about?" He hissed. Harrison fished into one of his pockets, and he pulled out a pill.
"How;'s the ribs? Like a nice fentanyl to take hte edge off?" Jake grinned, adn reached for it. Harrison snapped his hand shut around hte pill. "Here's the catch chum. When your boys come in to talk to you before they ship you off to jail? You're going to tell them keep clear of that girl. And her friends. Else, you uh..." Harrison put a finger on the broken ribs, and started to press. Jake gasped, tensing up at the sharp increase in pain. "...might have a problem. We clear?" Jake nodded, his body breaking into a sweat at the pain. Harrison withdrew his finger, adn tossed the pill onto Jake's chest. He didn't say anything else, he just left.

Abby was farther down the hall, well away from Jake. Harrison knocked on the door, seeing Esther and her two friends plus Jaime hanging out in the room, cards in hand.
"Hey, this a private party in here?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

The game went on. There was humor. There was laughter. There was Abby grimacing and holding her cheeks because it hurt so much to laugh. The cars soon became forgotten after they finished one round and the four of them just began reminiscing. Esther and Jaime ended up switching places at one point so Abby and him could lounge back together with Esther and Mallory sitting on either end of the foot of the bed. Jabs were made, more giggles were sounded and a good time was shared given the circumstances. Seemed normal like they usually were when there wasn’t drama.

A deep baritone broke their momentary silence and all four faces turned in the direction of the doorway. Esther’s lips parted at the sight of Harrison and the dangerously handsome smirk on his face did funny things to her, all spiraling down to her core. He really did have an unfair advantage.

“Someone’s panties just got soaked.” Mallory whispered and Esther’s eyes widened, prompting her to swat her arm.

“Stop it.” She blushed, sliding off the bed and moving toward him. “Hey. Yeah, we just called in strippers, courtesy of Jaime.” She joked.

“If I play music, will Harrison dance for us?” Abby joked, a slight grin on her face.

Esther turned slowly, ominously slowly, and glared at her best friend. That only made Abby’s grin turn even more smug. “I hate you all.”

“No you don’t.” Mallory giggled.

And this was why she would never invite Harrison to come near her when her friends were around. Betraying bastards. “It’s getting stifling in here. Want to step out?” She asked, but really wasn’t waiting for an answer. Instead, she grabbed his hand and steered him out of the room, halting by force for a second because it was like lugging a brick wall--no mobility. Tugging on his hand, she started again.

“Don’t leave!” Abby giggled.

“We’ll bee-hive!” Mallory sniggered.

“I hate my friends.” She mumbled, hanging her head in mock defeat.

"We'll give you a little piece, though..." Harrison turned his head back tot he room. "Joyner! I think some dumbasses were fuckign with your car when I got here. Might wanna get that checked out ya know?" He warned, then let Esther lead him out of the room. They didn't have to go too far away, Harison reaching his free hand up to brush the back of his fingers along Esther's cheek, a way of calling her direct attention back to him, to try and stop her from fleeig too far away.

"Sorry for the weird text, just...had some news from some people I know. Look, um...this is going to sound a bit weird, but you might not want to be out and about for a few weeks. Theres, some, uh...there's some bad shit going down in town right now, and it's going to get rough. I don't wanna see you or your friends getting hurt accidently by being in the wrong place at the wrong time." He offered by way of explanation. It was a bit on the shakier side, but it was all true really. No sense in telling her too much, since there was certainly a risk at knowing too much, especially if she spewnt time with Jaime. Harrison had an inkling that the guy knew a lot more than he ever really let on.

Gideon looked up as one of his men entered the back room.
"Youc alled boss?" He asked.
"Aye. Cal the lass. Get her here. She needs be brought up to speed on the next few moves." He ordered. The other man nodded, and left to call Heidi. She was going to be needed at the pub within the hour. Áedán would pick her up if she needed transport.

Last edited:
Mallory’s jaw dropped and she sprang from the bed quickly. Grabbing her keys, she exited out of the room after Harrison and Esther and made a beeline right outside of the hospital to her car. “My car!” She screeched, but no one was really around. Running to it, she inspected it. Two windows were broken but no other damage had been done. She looked through to make sure all she had it in it was fine. Nothing was stolen. “Shit.” She cursed, pulling her phone out and calling her dad’s mechanic friend.

Esther watched as Mallory sped past them but before she could lead him too far, he stopped her, his touch soft but roughened against her cheek. Turning her head to look back at him, she stopped and faced him fully now, wanting to lean into his touch but she refrained. Something didn’t feel right and that anxious dread began to fill her stomach.

As he began to speak, that dread didn’t go away. It got stronger. “It’s okay.” But she was more focused on what he had to say. And it didn’t sound good. “Out and about? What, so I can’t go to school or practice or something?” She asked. “What’s going on exactly and why would I or my friends be in danger of potentially getting hurt?” It wasn’t a good feeling. Abby already got beaten pretty badly. Who was going to be next? “Is this because of the jocks?” She asked. “And about what happened to Abby? Is it going to spread to more of us or something?” She knew he said down town but maybe it was denial because she wasn’t really putting it together. She didn’t want to. She knew the rumors revolving around Harrison. She chose not to believe them, not that they couldn’t be true but that it didn’t define who he was.

“Do a little twirl.” She held up a finely manicured finger and whirled it, indicating her order.

The petite redhead did a twirl just like she had been asked and Heidi watched as her bell skirt fanned out a little, giving a teasing glimpse of what was underneath. Or rather, what wasn’t since she forbid her from wearing panties. This girl was new. But so far, she was a keeper.

Sitting up, Heidi set her cigarette in the ashtray and pushed her platinum blonde hair over one shoulder, one side of her silk robe sliding off her other shoulder. “Come here.”

Just as the girl was about to approach, her phone rang. Groaning, she sat back and held her finger up, grabbing her phone. “This is Heidi.” Her tone clipped and short. “Yeah. Send him. Done.” She hung up and glance at the time on her phone. She wouldn’t have enough time to fully enjoy her. And she needed to shower. Hmm, the possibilities.

An hour later, Heidi was immaculately dressed, her make up flawless and she slid a solid black headband into her hair that had a small, glittery bow to the side. She was dressed in a high waist bell skirt with a sleeveless blouse tucked in and expensive Louboutins on her feet as noted by the signature patented red sole. Her redhead was passed out on the bed and she leaned over her, pressing a kiss to her temple. She was a keeper. Obedient, sweet, didn’t complain, and her latest addiction. She could stay.

Leaving a note and grabbing her purse, she made her way outside and low and behold, Aedan was already there like she was told he would be. “Aedan.” She drawled, a smirk tugging at her lips the slightest bit. “Always a pleasure.”

Harrison shook his head.
"Nah, don't worry about shit like school and practice. Those ought be fine. But...I'd steer clear of town besides that for a bit." he didn't want to say more, but she'd asked, she was curious, rightly so, and he knew he could spin it that hte team that was pissed with Abby might try shit, but he honestly doubted it. He didn't really want to lie to Esther about something that affected her life this much. "Look, there's some bad folks out there, adn they've got their boxers in a twist about shit, adn it's looking like there's going to be some real violence breaking out. I don't know when or where it's going to get loud, but it's going to start soon, and there's likely to be a lot of people at risk of getting caught in the middle just by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. That's why I think you should kinda lay low for a spell." He explained to Esther.

Áedán nodded to Heidi.
"Miss. Good to see you." He said quietly, his brogue still pronounced in his words. Áedán sometimes tried to keep his accent under control, but other times just didn't care. A few drinks in him usually rendered any attempt at accent control pointless, but the more accent he had, it usually denoted how much ease he might have in the company of others. He opened the door on her side fo the car, keeping it open for her, the old world manners still in force for him. Áedán might not have many qualities that stood out, but that was one. Gideon had found it amusing and useful in equal measure.

Once she was in the car, he got in himself, and started to drive towards the pub.
"Were you told anything about why you've been called on?" he asked her lightly.

She nodded her head slowly but waited for more of an explanation. While she knew she asked a series of questions that came out more like a litany or interrogation than curiosity. But he explained anyways and that made her feel better, albeit briefly because if possible, his explanation filled her with more questions. Instead, she pushed down that impulse and crossed her arms over her chest, but not in a defensive way, more like she was trying to protect herself. “It’s a good thing I’m only a sophomore and don’t really find myself down town.” She said with a small smile. But then it hit her. Her mom worked at the diner downtown. “Shit, except when I meet my mom at the diner twice a week for dinner.” She sighed. “My mom works doubles there. Is she going to be safe?” Now she was nervous, well more nervous than she already became, or naturally was.

“How...H-How involved are…” She paused and bit her lower lip, afraid to even ask. Not because she was afraid of the answer but she feared he would think her too invasive in his life. “How involved are you in all of this?”

Giving a small nod, Heidi got into the car with a soft thanks. She settled in, setting her purse down on the ground between her legs and buckled up. Once he was settled in as well, she smoothed her hands over her skirt and rested them in her lap. She had yet to be notified of any ramifications of her involvement in Tugger’s death. Something told her this call was a lore more foreboding than she initially thought. Maybe he thought so too because she was more curious as to why he was asking in the first place. “Negative.” She looked at him. “I was just called. Do you know anything?” She asked. “Maybe a warning of some kind so I am not completely in the dark?” She asked. “Not that it’d matter. I mean I can handle any situation.” She firmly believed it too, hung onto it with all her life.

Harrison hesitated a moment. Not really loooking to make promises.
"Probably? Like, I don't think the diner is a really big hangout for either side. So it's not really likely to be a target of any kind. And I'll...I'll ask to see if it can be called a neutral ground. I can't promise anything, but I'll try it. Assuming I get any say at all." When she asked the last question, he knew it was coming, it was inevitable.

"I...shit Esther, I don't know anymore. Three weeks ago, I wasn't involved much at all, just looking to get some quick work for cash. Now though...look, without getting into details, I had to ask a favour to help someone that's important to me out. And...well, that put me in a bit deeper than I'd have liked. I'm hoping I just have to run a few deliveries and taxi a couple of people around. I don't really want to be tied up more than that." He explaiend. He closed his eyes, the actual weight of what was happening was settling ont his shoulders.

"I don't know why he's called you in." Áedán answered. He blew out a sigh. He figured she should at least know what was happening. "Tugger survived the bullet to the head you gave him. And he's calling up all his thugs to try and fight Gideon. It's possible that teh Pin is providing him with money or materials. Gideon has all his people called up, and has even called for reinforcements from out of town. Whatever is going to happen, it's going to be big. And he wants you for some reason."

It was a lot to take in. Like way too much for her sixteen year old brain to comprehend. But as the information digested and she looked at him, she could practically see the weight of all this hanging down on him. He was two years older than her. He carried himself like an adult and maybe, technically, he was one. But he was still also just a teenager. And as much as she didn’t exactly savor what he did on the side for cash-- not that she knew the full details of it but she could imagine--it wasn’t exactly news either. Rumors were rumors but Esther still knew what she had gotten herself into when she started whatever this was with Harrison Trenton.

Moving to him, she stood up on the ball of her feet and slid her hands around his cheeks. Her lips touched his in a soft kiss and then she deepened it, her fingers threading into the back of his hair. It wasn’t much but it was the only thing she could think of to maybe try alleviating his stress. To just let him know she wasn’t going to cast him aside. She wasn’t built that way. Maybe that was naive of her but he wasn’t anything like Chad either.

Parting her lips from his own, Esther didn’t move back from him. She stayed close and let her body press in closer against his. Her hands came back around his cheeks and she leaned up so her nose could touch his affectionately. “Just come back to me, okay?” She spoke softly, opening her eyes. “I kind of dig you. Just a little bit, you know?” She teased, her tone laced with easy playfulness, a small grin tugging her lips. “Thanks for letting me know. Who knew Mr. Trenton could be such a softie?” She teased again. “I promise not to tell.”

“Hm.” She took her gaze away from him and looked straight out of the windshield, watching road begin to disappear as he drove on. And then she felt a weight crush down in her chest and her hands came apart from each other so she could grip onto her skirt, feeling her acrylic nails dig into her palms through the material. Her heart pounded so hard, she thought she might pass out. “Son of a bitch.” She gasped. It would have been easier if he was dead. But he wasn’t. And now...she might have caused this for being--

Flashbacks to Harrison fucking her, the true hate and malice from his assault, swam into her vision so prominently. It had been both arousing and terrifying which only made it that much more bombastic. But it did nothing to help her breathe. Her hand shot out to the window and she made it come down, letting fresh air assault her senses. Her eyes closed as she let her head rest back against the seat. Suddenly she could breathe again. “Maybe it will be quick.” She finally spoke after gaining her bearings back. “Death.” It was the only way she saw this playing out. And she was only a touch disappointed.

Harrison managed a smile for Esther.
"You better not. I got a rep to protect." He said quietly, teasingly. He put his arms around her, keeping her reasonably close to him. "I've noticed you might have a bit of an attachment to me. A sign or two here and there." He teased, his hadn coming up to cup her cheek, thumb flicking across her cheek. He leaned forward, placing an affectionate kiss on her forehead. Esther was a surprisingly good harbour for him when thigns seemed like they were starting to spiral apart. He'd get that diner declared off limits. He was sure someone involved would owe him a favour, or find i a reasonable idea to have a place neutral enough for any peace talks that might come up.

Tugger might have started things off, but there was always a talk to be had before the real fighting started, a way of laying out the rules of engagement. And once it was agreed to, the war would start in earnest. Unless Gideon had another plan, something else that had to be done. Ingavain. Likely not just being brought in as a blunt instrument, there was purpose to that, a goal. Harrison didn't want to know. He shifted, putting an arm around Esther's shoulders, keeping her close to his side.
"Suppose it's time to face your crew. Might eb interesting for you to actually have a little bit of backup against them, turn the tables a bit." he mused.

Áedán shook his head at her words.
"Nae, I dinnae think he be callin' ye in just tae kill ye." He said plainly. "Else he'd likely have sent Liam and just been done wit' ye right outside ye home. Bringin' ye tae the pub, that speaks of purpose." He told her plainly, his accent even more pronounced. They were getting close to the pub. "Mind yeself withinlass. But come, I'll take ye to the man." Áedán promised her, stopping in his usualy parking space, adn getting out of hte car, having to rush to make sure he got there in time to open teh car door for her. Still always wanting to play the part of the gentleman.

The pub did go a little quieter when Heidi and Áedán entered. He didn't pause, but gently led her to Gideon's room. Inside Gideon was speaking to Ingavain adn Sigyn, seeming to get along with them well enough.
"You called for her sir." Áedán announced. Gideon looked up, and nodded to Áedán.
"That be all lad." Áedán hesitated, but nodded, stepping outside the room.

"Now then lass. I trust the lad broke the news to ye about Tugger? Good. I'll not beat 'round the bush lass, there be work tae do, and it will change much. Tugger has to go, permanently this time. As does the Pin, who keeps Tugger bold. And tae kill the Pin, well, thaqt can be done well enough. But ye cannae destroy somethin' like the Pin without placin' somethin' else in it's place." He levelled a finger at her. "That be where ye come in. Ye claimto want more duties with me. Well here it is lass. We kill Tugger and the Pin. ANd ye are to take the place of the Pin, and claim his title and business."

“Wouldn’t dare salt that rep of yours.” She grinned a little, feeling the security of his arms around her. What could she say? She was all for woman power but she did like the feeling nonetheless. “Mm...my libido definitely has an attachment for you.” Her eyes fluttered closed and she turned her cheek into his hand, pressing a small kiss there. As terrified as she was, she was just glad she wasn’t having a freak out or telling him to take a hike. No, she wasn’t sure she could do that. Then he’d take the good feelings away with him up that hike. She liked the good feelings. She liked Harrison Trenton. Oh crap. It just got complicated now. Especially in light of all this scary stuff.

Feeling him turn, she stayed tucked to his side and let her arm slide around his back. Her eyes closed again but this time out of dismay, the groan sounding from her matching. “Do we have to?” She mumbled, turning her face into his shoulder. Coming out of hiding, she snorted. “More like giving them ammunition.” She sighed. “We could slip away instead? Instead of facing their interrogation, we could go to my place? My mom is at work. If you have the time that is.” Gosh Esther, slutty much? It’s not her fault!

“Fair point.” She could listen to him talk for hours. “I like your accent.” She didn’t take her gaze away from the window. The fresh air kept her calm and together. That’s what she needed while her fate lay uncertain at the moment. They arrived at the pub and Heidi took in a deep breath. “Thanks.” She unbuckled and took out her lipstick from her purse and reapplied, making her lips redder and brighter, a stark contrast to her otherwise paleness and light eye make up. Grabbing her purse when the door opened, she got out and swung it over her shoulder.

Following him inside, she noticed how the entire place went quiet. Well if that didn’t scream foreboding, she didn’t know what. Walking into Gideon’s office, she noticed two other people with him. Oh god, they were going to kill her. It was the moment she had been waiting for because she didn’t have the huevos to off herself. And now faced with impending death, she wanted to run. Even more so when Aiden left her, wishing to be a tick on his hard body and leave with him. And yet she stayed rooted where she stood.

Giving a curt nod as Gideon broke the news, she listened and felt that dread pool deeper and stronger. The plot twist shocked her and only a flicker of emotion crossed her expressionless face and that was very swift before she caged right back up. But then a slow spreading grin formed on her face and she nodded her head. “Perfect.” That dread went away and a stupid amount of glee filled her cold heart. “What do you need me to do?”

Harrison had to cop a smirk at ehr words. Oh, she ahd it bad for him, that much was clear. She wasn't the first, but she might be the one that seemed to be the most pleased to be hooked like that. It was...appealing to say the least. He was actually about to agree with her when he felt his pocket buzzing. He closed his eyes, sighing. He fished the phone out, checking what he'd gotten. Damn it.

"I'd love to. Coudl find all kinds of things to get up to. But I've only got ten to fifteen minutes, and we both know I need more than that to really make it worth your while..." he leaned over to plant a kiss ont he top of her head. ",,,but I'll make it up to you. Soon." He told her. He also ahd the thought that he didn't erally want to risk leading anyone back to her house. He had a little bit of confidence that Tugger's people would keep clear of Esther adn the like, he wasn't ready to risk that. Not for her. He kenw the kind of things that people like that would do to Esther if they thought it might get a reaction from him or his people.

His people. That was something Harrison was going to have to evaluate soon. He was in with Gideon, but how much farther was he going to go with this? He needed a way out. He had money saved, enough of it to get a leg up at a college somewhere. And it wasn't that long before he'd be graduating. After this little turf war, he'd ahve to see where he stood.

Gideon nodded as she grinned at him. Heidi was amendable to him, and would likely not easily forget why she would be in the place she was. It was a good idea. And he doubted Viper would really care, if she did she'd likely be happier with having someone like Heidi in place of the current holder of the title.
"Right now we need to have our meeting to set the rules of this war. And then find out who else might be supporting Tug. Then we pick our spot tae kill him and the Pin. Right now I needs ye to be on hand for when the moment comes. I'll have ye and young 'arry go tae sort the pin, while our new friend 'ere sorts Tugger out." Gideon waved a hand at Ingavain as he finished speaking. The big man didn't overly react, just taking a pull from the glass of beer he had on hand.

She needed to push it down but that was easier said than done for her teenage self. But Esther didn’t want to like him. It just made things complicated and after the whole Chad debacle, she’d rather not do complicated. She liked the good feelings and as long as Harrison didn’t take them away, she’d be ace. She just needed to stop thinking about it. So when his phone became the latest object of his attention, Esther wasn’t mad about it. It just also meant they couldn’t sneak away from her impending execution--interrogation. Damn, damn, damn.

A mock of a pout appeared on her face and she looked up at him. “Not if you do something spectacular with your tongue. I’m pretty easy like that.” She murmured, her pout turning into an innocent smile with a not so innocent look in her gaze. Turning in his arms, she leaned up and stole a kiss. Not just a quick kiss, but a real kiss. Her hands slid up his chest and she breathed in deeply through her nose as those magnificent lips did wonders to her. Parting her lips, her eyes remained closed and she exhaled through her nose. “Mm.” Opening her eyes, she looked up at him and smiled shyly. “Just something to tide me over.”

Patting his chest a couple of times, she stepped back from him. “You should go now. I’ll be able to withstand the impending interrogation a lot better if you didn’t witness it. It’d be a lot less embarrassing that way.” For her, not for him. But if she said that out loud, he might find a reason to suddenly stay.

---

A finely crafted eyebrow rose as Harrison’s name rang in her senses. A strange ache burned between her legs. Rather than be mortified or broken by what he did, she relished it, like every image replaying in her mind currently was a welcome wet dream rather than her worst nightmare. She was the first to say she needed therapy. She just had other forms of therapeutic release that didn’t involve something as asinine as talking.

Coming back into the moment, her gaze swept over to the big man Gideon gestured to and Heidi gave a curt nod. “Done and done.” She heard the faint buzz of her phone in her purse but didn’t check it. That was just enough for her. “Anything else?” Rather than simply asking if they were done here. She knew when to lay on the sass. After the hit she received from Gideon, she learned her lesson. Now she just veiled her true intentions with saccharine.

Harrison didn't bother to fight it when she took her kiss. To 'tide her over' indeed. He nodded when she suggested her go. He knew full werll that there was a forest of things she didn't want to be on the end of if he was present, adn that his being there would really only make things worse for her. And his whole being here was part of making things not harder for her.
"Yeah, fair enough. I'll be in touch soon Esther." He told her, giving her a smile. He weighed his options for a moment, waiting until she started to turn away from him, head for the door that hid her from her friends sight. And with a grin on his face he moved after her.

Harrison put his arms around her, pulling her back to him, holding onto her tightly, one hand trailing up her to reach her face, tilting her face up to his own as he descended on her. His mouth all but ravaged hers, taking a fiercely possessive and intense kiss. He drew it out, making it something that he hoped would ring nearly every bell in her mind all at once. When he brke away from her, lips, he didn't go far. He rest his forehead on hers, finger idly stroking her cheek.
"Just something to tide me over." He whispered to her. He copped a cocky grin, and leaned back in for a quick kiss to crown the moment off before he let her go. "Be seeing you soon Martin. Don't foget about me." He said with that grin still on his face. He turned on a hell and strode away, fighting the urge to whistle.

From the door to the room, Jaime looked on, leaning against the door frame.
"Am I interupting?" he asked Esther with an intensely amused tone in his voice.

- - - - -

"As ye be close enough to the Pin to speak tae the man, I need ye to pass on the offer of parley. Here it be, all to form." Gideon said simply, handing a sealed letter to Heidi. It looked like something that should have been in a museum. Rough looking papaer, or maybe parchment, and sealed with actual wax that had a seal pressed to it with an emblem. it was odd to say the least, but it did carry a certain weight of importance to it. There was something about this kind of message, something that made the idea of an all out turf war seem very suddenly real and intensely legitimate.

There would be no going back form this once hte letter was delivered.

With a nod and a smile, Esther gave him a wave and turned on her heel, heading back to Abby’s room. Her hands had just come to the door handle when strong arms wrapped around her, pulling her back. A soft gasp left her lips as she was turned to face, easily, the sexiest man alive. He was not a boy. He was a man. A shiver ran up her spine as his hand traveled up her to cup her face. Oh, she was in trouble and he damn well knew it too. Smug bastard. But as his lips claimed hers in such a different way than any other kiss he gave her, Esther didn’t care anymore. She melted right into him, her hands pressed against his chest and her legs forgetting their function. If it weren’t for him, she’d be face down on the floor right now. Thankfully, she was kissing him and wanting nothing more than to ditch her friends and find an unused room or storage closet so Harrison could keep doing things like this to her. She had a problem. Crap.

A small whimpered moan sounded from her and she managed to crack her eyes open to look up at him. “Mm, you don’t play fair.” She mumbled, her eyes fluttering closed. She didn’t think this would ever happen, let alone this kind of closeness and intimacy from him. She shouldn’t, but she wanted to hold onto it. She just had to keep a level head because if she turned into one of those girls, might as well shoot her on sight. Letting her hands slide down his chest and off to his sides, she opened her eyes and looked up at him, nodding her head. “Just as long as when you walk on by, you call my name.” She kissed his cheek. “Then I won’t.”

As he walked away, she sighed softly and bit her lower lip, her arms coming to cross over her chest. Her head tilted and her hand came to rest upon her cheek as her gaze travelled down the fine length that was Harrison Trenton’s backside. “So fine.” Just as she was about to finally peel her gaze away from that fine specimen, she heard a voice and turned around on a start, eyes wide. Her finger came between her teeth and she started chewing on her nail. “Jaime!” She let out a heavy breath. “You scared me.” She laughed a little. “Interrupting what?” She asked, deciding to go with innocence rather than acknowledge any kind of guilt, or rather lack of innocence.

---

Stepping closer, Heidi accepted the letter. It looked old and felt like it but it was also very official looking. Seal and all. Like the kind of letters the bastard men of her family used to deliver, blazing emblem and all. Nothing good ever came from these kinds of letters and this definitely was not Harry Potter. Clearing her throat, she tucked the envelope into her purse and nodded her head. “Gladly.”

Harrison had to admit that messing with Esther like that had to be one of his favourite thigns to do. And he highly doubted she was terribly upset about it either. He made his way to the parking lot, seeing the Mallory was indeed at her now partly emptied car. He was tempted to give her the explanation on why but frankly it wasn't something he really wanted to get into. He'd kept as much from Esther as he could, and he didn't think Mallory would hesitate for a second to tell Esther what was up if she had the chance. Loyalty tro a friend was tight, especially in this kind of situation.
"Hey Joyner, how bad is it?" he called to her as he leaned on the body of his own car.

Jaime felt a smile blooming on his face, a wicked thing that was like he'd just spotted a wonderful target.
"Oh, just the moment there where it looked like you were goign to ask Trenton to mount you right there in the hall and ride you home. That would be what I was wondering about." He told her calmly. There was no malice in his words, but or dear Lord, Esther had handed him a pretty fine chance to give her a hard time, and she blushed oh so wonderfully when flustered. And this, this would likely fluster her into a shade of red that would stop traffic.

Mallory leaned against her car and held her head down. A tow was on its way but she didn’t bother with the police. It would just be too messy and she had the funds to get her car fixed. No need to make it a bigger deal than it was. But it did scare her a little and her mind kept drifting back to those dangerous hot guys she and Esther spotted outside of the hospital as they went inside. It was such a stereotypical thing but she parked in the hospital lot before. Her car hadn’t been trashed then!

Popping her head up at the sound of a voice, Mallory’s gaze landed on Harrison and she shook her head lightly. “It’s not bad. Just two broken windows. Nothing’s stolen.” She said softly. “I know it will make me sound like a bitch, but there were some hot looking thugs hanging around when we pulled up. I bet they did it.”

Like clockwork, her cheeks flamed a deep red and her eyes widened. She opened her mouth to say something but nothing seemed to come out. She was at a loss for words and what was made worse was the fact Jaime looked like he was enjoying this all too much. Needing to recover because she could not let the smug bastard win, Esther shut her mouth and cleared her throat, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. “That is none of your business.” She said simply, crossing her arms over her chest defensively. “But if it was any of your business, then yes.” She lifted her chin up, attempting to take a stand even though she wanted to crumble and really beg for the floor to swallow her up or real this time. She wasn’t sure what was worse. The half-naked streak Harrison forced her into or this. What was it about asshole guys. “There’s nothing wrong with expressing my sexuality in a healthy, exciting, riskful way. Like you’re so innocent. I know Abby’s favorite place to get it on with you. She tells me everything. Ev-er-y-thing.” She enunciated. Total cheap shot too since nothing seemed to faze Jaime. Esther was scrambling.

Harrison nodded.
"Couple of goons in wife beaters and ragged ass jeans? Sounds like the guys that booked it when another car pulled up." Harrison admit. It was a slight lie, a bending of the truth, but it was funtionally the truth of hte events. He just didn't mention it had been his car, and the running had come after he'd drawn a gun on them. Minor stuff really. "Though if that's your version of hot guys...Jesus Joyner, wuit draggin' the bottom of hte barrel, eh?" harrison winked as he spoke, a way of letting her know he was just taking a prod at her. All in good fun as far as he was concerned.

Jaime cocked his head at her declaration.
"Oh, you mean the little copse of trees in the park? Wehere in moon shines just right to make her look like she's almost glowing int he moonlight? Mmmm, yeah, good time. A lot of good time. Like...a lot of them Esther." He grinned back at her. "And I never claimed innocence. That was your play." He turned back into the room. "Hey Abby! Did you know Esther's gone from being hte innocent in the group to a Ho Bag in like a month?" he called to her, pushing off the door frame to let Esther enter the room so as not to continue the shots being fired in hte middle of the hallway in hte hospital.

Her eyes closed and she let out a small groan. “Excellent. They could have just roughed me up in the way I like, but no, instead they took it out on my gorgeous car.” She rolled her eyes, shaking her head. It wasn’t a secret she wasn’t quite right in the head. She was doing better. If she was still high, she would have hiked her skirt up to show off half of her vag and whistled those guys over. Although she might have done just that if Esther hadn’t rushed them both inside. Her gaze snapped to his and narrowed but she relaxed, a small smile lifting her lips. “What can I say, Trenton? Fucked up girls have a thing for the bad of the bad.” She gave him a look like he should understand since Esther was running around with him, but the girl wasn’t fucked up the way Mallory was. “Don’t worry, you’re not the bad of the bad. You’re just bad.” She teased right back, her own way of saying Esther wasn’t fucked up. Yet.

Just when she thought her skin might have returned to normal color, they didn’t. They turned even brighter red and her heart hammered in her chest. “Oh my god, Jaime, stop!” She clapped her hands over her ears. It was bad enough when Abby would tell her, only because it was pretty hot. She was not about to rehash that with Jaime! Hands dropping at her sides, her jaw dropped as well. “But I--I--I never claimed to be innocent!” She did her best to defend her stance but it probably wasn’t coming out that well.

“That’s old news babe!” Abby called out. “You might need to keep up. She surrendered her innocent for ho-bad status a while ago! About time if you ask me!” Followed by snickering.

A groan came from her as her gaze cast up to the ceiling. Esther marched forward, pushing past Jaime and into the room so at least there could be some attempt in privacy. “I hate you both!”

“Come on.” Abby dragged out. “I’ve told you everything about me and Jaime. Every sordid and sexy detail.” She wagged her eyebrows. “Tell us something about you and Harrison. The first time.” She grinned, patting the space beside her on the bed. “Jaime’s a great listener.”

If her face could explode it just might with how much blood kept rushing just underneath her skin in severe blushes. “Abby!” Her hands came to her cheeks, her head shaking mildly.

“It’s okay. It happens for everyone. You’re just a late bloomer, but welcome to the Ho-Bag Club.”

“I am not a ho!”

“So you’re innocent?”

“No, but--”
“So you’re a ho?”

“No--”
“Which is it? Innocent or ho?” Abby smirked.

Harrison shook his head.
"There's a Bad Boy and then there's the bad boy that'll leave you with borken bones in a ditch somewhere. Trust me. That kinda guy? Second category. Bad news all around." He groused. Still, he kept his tone even, friendly even. He dug around in his pocket, pulling out a ragged looking business card. "Call this guy. He's a bit...off...but his work is top notch." He flicked the card to her, landing it on the roof of her car in front of her. It was a better shot than he really had any right to land, but he'd take it.

"I gotta get moving Joyner, places to be and all. But take care of yourself, eh?" He told her as he swung into his car. The engine strated without a hitch, and he pulled out. He had to get abck to the docks. It sounded like the beginnings of this little dustup were going to get properly staretd, and he didn't want to be away from that. He'd need to know everything he could.

"You can't be an innocent Ho Bag Esther. Might as well just accept it." Jaime mused at her. "Besides, certain other people we both know seem to have a lot of fun with it." He pointed out. He had a few other choice shots to take if the opportunity presented it, but his phone pinged. He checked it absently. A few notifications, two of which were actually something that he needed to handle. But it could keep for another few minutes at least.

She shrugged her shoulders. “Good to know.” She murmured. She’d only been sober for small amount of time but she was trying, and trying not to be deceptive about her freak flag. Accepting the questionable looking business card by pinching it between the tips of her thumb and index finger, she raised an eyebrow. “So the guy who was just warning me about the bad boy that will leave me with broken bones in a ditch somewhere is giving me the sketchy business card of an even sketchier mechanic?” She raised an eyebrow, but still accepted it anyways because it was the thought that counted.

“Sure sure, if I end up on TV because of my broken bones lying in a ditch somewhere, I’ll haunt you and Esther when you’re porking.” She grinned.

---

Esther opened and closed her mouth a couple of times, feeling like a fish out of water. Her gaze narrowed on Jaime since he wasn’t exactly helping before she leveled it at her beaten up friend. “Fine, I’m a ho-bag.” She mumbled. Abby looked over the moon, though it was a little painful to see because her friend grimaced when it made her bruised face stretch too much.

Not long after, Jamie had to leave and Esther had to get going too. Abby’s mom came into the room and visiting hours were officially over but her mom would be staying the night with her. Esther kissed her head, told her she loved her, and left.

The next week at school was weird without Abby there but Mallory was around. There was a lot of talk about what happened with Abby and the footballers, but it was safe to say that the guys Alex put into the hospital were promptly expelled. Alex’s fate was still pending. By the end of the week, Abby was out of the hospital and her bruising wasn’t so bad; they were clearly healing by the faded discoloration and she still had some pain, but she was on the mend. Not much really stopped that girl because the moment she was reunited with her laptop, her mom said Abby was glued to it even more. Some new big scoop she found in her purse, but Abby was being super hush-hush about it. Not even Esther could get it out of her.

But as Friday after school came, Esther went into a panic. At the beginning of the week, a date for dinner had been set for her, Harrison and her mom. And the moment she got home, the house smelled amazing, like her mom had gone all out for this dinner. Why?

“HI, Mom.” Esther smiled.

“Hey, why didn’t you text me? I would have gotten you?”

“And pull you away from slaving all day in the kitchen? Absolutely not.” She grinned.

“Is it too much?”

“Well if your intentions are to scare him away with this amazing dinner, you’re doing a bang up job.” She joked.

“No, I’m not trying to do that. Besides, if he gets scared over an opulent dinner, then he’s no match for you, baby.”
“True. But it’s not even like...a thing, Mom. We’re just--” She cut off because she wasn’t about to tell her mom she was having sex with Harrison. “We’re just hanging out.”
“Do you always kiss every boy you hang out with?”

“No…” Esther blushed. “Besides, he’s a man. Not a boy.”
“Exactly why I worry. I’ve heard things about him, baby. He’s infamous.”

“Great.” Esther sighed. “You don’t like him.”
“No, I didn’t say that. I just want you to stay safe. In all aspects.” Her gaze twinkled, like she knew her daughter was having sex. “And after what happened to Abby…”

Harrison smiled.
"Guy for the car might be sketchy, but he's harmless. Take care Joyner." Harrison called as he passed her.

The trip to the docks was short enough, and his meeting with Gideon went equally smoothly. There was a meet set, one that would codify the rules for hte coming little war. Gideon had it established that this would be a gentleman's war, fought between the members of the relative gangs. Family and friends were off limits if they weren't a part of it. Harrison knew that at least Esther would be safe from the backlash of everything. It was a large weight off of his shoulders, and it let him focus on what was coming. Likely a few scraps, a show of force here or there, and then...then he had a dinner to attend.

Alex walked very slowly into the room that he'd been asked to. It was one of hte storage rooms in the school, and it wasn't often really used, which made it a popular hangout for students that were up to no good. He found Jaime sitting on an old chair with a case of beer on the floor near him.
"Um...hey?" Alex asked hesitantly. Jaime point to another chair, adn Alex went to sit in it. "Look, I...we need to-" Alex started, but Jaime cut him off.
"Shut up." Jamie said flalt.y Alex fell silent instantly. Jaime handed him a beer. Lex looked at it in confusion. "We're going to have to talk here. And I figure once we've gotten through this whole case of beer, then we'l have figured out how we're going to deal with this whoel shit storm." Alex nodded, adn opened his beer. Jaime did the same, and they touched bottles, adn drank. Time to figure out where they were going.

Harrison parked his car at theroad, squaring his shoulders. He'd called in a favour or two, and gotten what he'd been looking for. Royal Mawalin wasn't easy to get in the States, but when your boss had some heavy control of the docks, you could get some fun things. He knew it was considered a fairly rich gift to bring, but it was also considerd one of the better wines in India, and he wanted to make sure that he made a good impression. He didn't want to cause an issue for Esther. Not like this anyway. Family was important.

He head up to the door, the bottle tucked under his arm securely, qadn reached out, ringing the doorbell, and waiting for the door to open.

Game on.

Esther had been snacking on some cherry tomatoes as her mom continued slaving away on a delicious meal. She made a juicy roast, broiled vegetables with some really yummy smelling herbs and flavor, cilantro rice, and now she had just pulled out a gorgeous cobbler from the oven. Esther stopped with the tomatoes and looked at the cobbler much like she’d look at Harrison; ready to pounce and devour, and she wasn’t shy about it this time too. She might be a lot more fit and healthy but she still had the soul of a chubby girl who really liked desserts. Thank goodness there was Saturday color guard camp and it was most of the day. She’d need it to work off this dinner.

Then the doorbell rang. Both ladies looked at each other but their expressions were total opposites. Her mom looked excited and amused, and Esther just looked mortified. “I’ll--”
“I’ll get it!” Her mom grinned, cackling evilly as she went to the door.

Groaning to herself, she grabbed more cherry tomatoes, hoping to fill her mouth so she wouldn’t speak. She was better off when she had a full mouth. I’m such a ho-bag.

Imelda untied her apron from her slim waist and unlocked the door, pulling it open to reveal the handsome mug of her daughter’s illicit conquest. Game effing on. “Ah, Harrison, lovely to see you, and punctual too I might add.” She grinned, though her gaze zeroed in on the bottle tucked under his arm. “And he comes bearing gifts?” She raised an eyebrow.

Back
Top Bottom