Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Skies of Arcadia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeth said:
ColorWheelY said:
Adelheid can't resist the urge to show off as he eyes the machine. He walks up and pays the vender for a swing at the game. Picking up the hammer he makes a great show of himself, laughing boisterously loud to grab the attention of people nearby "Ahahahahaha, I'm gonna knock this bell clean off the striker, just ya all watch!" He flexed for the crowd, showing off his natural bulging arm muscles along with his rainbow metalic arm. He grabbed the hammer, flashily spinning it around and around as he turned in a circle, before finally stopping and swinging the hammer up then crashing down with the momentum.

[I'm spending one fate point to invoke my stunt for extra strength. My roll is --++=0. Fuck. Good thing I went for my bonus.]

Adelhied did just that! He struck the striker so hard with the hammer, the metal bit flew up to the bell with such force it knocked the bell clean off the machine with a large crash! The crowd of onlookers that were attracted by Adelhied'ds earlier boasting began to cheer wildly!

The man running the high striker machine was visibly impressed. "Lad, you put me out of business for the rest of the day, but that spectacle was surely worth it. What is your name?" He asked. He was an older gentleman and well dressed.
"Adelheid's the name, machines are my game," replied Adelheid. He clasped his hands together up in the air, flexing his muscles and whooping with the rest of the crowd. Then he reached down to pick up Shiho with his massive metal arm, his metal hand big enough for her bottom to sit in like a chair. He lifted her up, suspending her above his head. "Designed these beautiful rainbow limbs mah self. Right down to every strand of chord and wire." He exclaimed, referring to his brightly colored mechanical arm and leg. He set Shiho back down gently after showing off his mechanical strength.

He looked at the vender who owned the machine, "I do apologize for breakin' your machine though, fun as it was. No need to give me a prize, puttin' on a show was good enough. Unless you wanna give the lass here somethin' for keepin' me company." He said, patting Shiho on the back.

Lelith leaned backwards in disgust to avoid the drunken breath of the sailor, clearly uncomfortable being near him. "Disgusting," she mumbled to herself.

She would nod to her companion. "I agree, we should not linger, lets just get the information and the supplies we need and get going. The longer we tarry, the greater the risk of someone beating us to the prize, besides, if I have to stay in this hovel a minute longer, I fear I may need another bath, or I will stink of piss and ale for a week." She glanced around warily, standing rather than sitting down, her palms resting on the hilts of her daggers underneath her cloak, ready to kill should any of these lowlifes attempt anything.

She leaned down to whisper in Tempest's ear; "come on, lets get out of here," flicking her tongue briefly against his earlobe as she retreated. One way or another, she would get what she wanted, which was to get out.

The large barkeep looks up to Tempest while polishing a glass. "Well word has it the Valun are planning to send a survey team into those ruins. I would -" said the barkeep. He suddenly was cut short by the remarks of Lelith. "Oi! I work damn hard to make this a nice place for sailors to get a drink. I am sorry it is not up to your HOITY TOITY standards little missy," The barkeep retorted to Lelith's comment of needing another bath. Well I doubt you will get more information out of him without some sort of persuasion check.

"Ha ha! Don't mind my friend here, she uh.." Tempest glanced over at Lelith, with an over exaggerated and awkward smile. "Let's just go." Hopping up from the stool, and darting out of the Tavern, he made his way over toward the section of the town with all the carnival games and contests in search of Adelheid and Shiho. Soon, he found himself standing just a few paces away from the bionic man, noticing that Shiho rested atop his hulking, colorful mechanical arm.

"We gotta go. Right now. We got ourselves a pretty good opportunity to set up to ambush a Valuan expedition into those ruins we're looking for. If we make it there before they do, maybe we can get the jump on them." Tempest tried to speak quietly, as to not alert any wandering ears to the plan. "If it looks promising, we can board them and rob them blind. I'll go over the plan on the way. I'll be on the ship when you're ready." With that, Tempest hurried back to the Houston, and began making preparations for departure.

Rauk said:
"Ha ha! Don't mind my friend here, she uh.." Tempest glanced over at Lelith, with an over exaggerated and awkward smile. "Let's just go." Hopping up from the stool, and darting out of the Tavern, he made his way over toward the section of the town with all the carnival games and contests in search of Adelheid and Shiho. Soon, he found himself standing just a few paces away from the bionic man, noticing that Shiho rested atop his hulking, colorful mechanical arm.

"We gotta go. Right now. We got ourselves a pretty good opportunity to set up to ambush a Valuan expedition into those ruins we're looking for. If we make it there before they do, maybe we can get the jump on them." Tempest tried to speak quietly, as to not alert any wandering ears to the plan. "If it looks promising, we can board them and rob them blind. I'll go over the plan on the way. I'll be on the ship when you're ready." With that, Tempest hurried back to the Houston, and began making preparations for departure.
"Right-o, Captain. Will be there in a jiff." Still wanting to show off to the crowd, Adelheid picked up Shiho again, slinging her over his shoulder, and began running, doing massive leaps with every other step as he took off on his bionic leg, crossing distances in bounds despite the burdened weight. He couldn't resist showing off the power of his limbs. They were his pride and joy and a symbol of his mechanical genius.

Before the vendor could reply and give out a prize, they were off! "I remember when I was that age," said the old man to no one in particular.

The party makes it back to the Houston and cast off without much of a problem. It is evening now, but the moons, yes plural, in the sky provide dim lighting. Then you see it. A Valun supply ship. It is large, armored, fat, and slow! You can spot several areas for a possible ambush position.

OOC: I need a Sneaky or Careful Check to beat a 2. Describe how you set your ambush.

Lelith was more than eager to get out of the inn, and so simply followed Tempest silently, eyeing the villagers warily as they went back to the ship, yet sighed when she noticed the mechanical man showing off his strength, carrying Shiho in one hand. As they walked her mind started wandering, how would Adelheid be in bed? Was his manhood mechanical as well or flesh? How did he pee?

Back at the ship she left the planning to Tempest, knowing how experienced he was with piloting and aerial combat. However he chose to approach the supply ship, her job was simple; she was to board and secure it, and kill anyone who resisted. She was ready.

FUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!! I am closing this game. I simply lost all interest and can not think of a thing to post. Better to say this upfront then leave people hanging. If some one else wants to be gm and run this, feel free. Later all.

((I suppose this would normally go in OOC chatter but I think it'd be more noticeable here, plus it follows in the wake of Zeth's post. I understand the FATE system, it's pretty simple and I have the rulebook, and could continue to DM for us if we wanted to keep this up. It's not like we're moving very fast so it's not really asking much of me. Alternatively we could have the thread moved to Group Roleplay and just carry on without any mechanical system in play. This all depends on whether the members want to keep it running or not though.))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom