Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Skies of Arcadia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeth

Supernova
The scene opens with everyone on the party's air ship. Do to Shiho's research you all have a lead to finding a sacred Moon Stone artifact. It is a sunny afternoon with clear Skies. You are sailing over the ocean towards the ruins of an ancient temple. Everyone please do an opening post for your character.

Lelith was on the deck, honing her skills, keeping sharp. She stood on one leg, tiptoeing, the other leg raised in a high kick, her naked legs long and limber. She would perform slow kicks, moving that raised leg around gracefully, performing variations of low kicks and high kicks, knee kicks, then circling around in a flawless pirouette kick, all the while keeping her balance on that one tiptoeing foot. It was like watching a royal ballet dancer perform, beautiful and graceful, almost hypnotizing, yet also extremely lethal. This was the blood dance, as she called it, her own unique style of fighting.

She was dressed only in a pair of hotpants and a tanktop, barefoot and her long mane of fiery red hair falling loosely down over her shoulders, reaching to just above her buttocks. Her long limbs were glistening with sweat, her top soaked just enough to reveal her well rounded breasts and her hard nipples, surely a distracting sight to any of her male companions finding themselves on deck, but she did not care, she was completely focused on the dance.

Suddenly she performed another pirouette kick, making a slight jump and switching leg mid air to follow up with another kick, once again landing only on tiptoes and continuing to perform the same exercise with her other leg.

She knew what they were after; one of the fabled moonstones, believed to be located in a remote ruin; an ancient temple, but she left the planning of the expedition to the others, the pilot and the girl, Hoshi; thinking was their department, Lelith was there to make sure they survived.

With closed eyes, Tempest took a deep breath. The gentle breeze filled his lungs, and he felt the afternoon sun beat down on his warm skin. Resting his hand on the hilt of his cutlass, he leaned against the wall of the cabin, watching his companion Lelith enjoy her graceful routines. However, he wasn't looking at her in a perverse manner, but instead studying her movements and getting a feel for her style. Her astounding attractiveness was mentally acknowledged, but the only thing on his mind for the time being was the job at hand.

Opening the hatch, Tempest climbed down into the cargo bay of the ship and walked around, inspecting several barrels, most of them empty. The slight musty smell of the area teased the senses, and there were several cobwebs which he dispatched with his cutlass. Re-sheathing his weapon, his footfalls sounded against the floor planks, as he made his way back to the hatch, climbing the ladder back up to the deck. "Nice day for a trip to the ruins, huh?" Tempest spoke to Lelith from a comfortable distance away, while looking up to the sky.

"Quite," she replied without looking at Tempest, still focusing on her routine, executing every move to perfection. "Though I suspect we won't be able to enjoy it where we are going." Finishing her kicks, Lelith dropped to the ground, doing a few pushups and then, using the momentum, raising her entire body up to stand on her hands. Slowly she would lean backwards, touching one foot down, then the next, bending over and eventually coming back up to a normal standing position.

She grabbed a towel as she walked over to the airship pilot, wiping the sweat off her forehead and neck. She liked him; he was a professional blue rogue, more at home in the sky than one the ground, and unlike most other men, he was not gawking at her like an idiot. "Are you ready?

"If I remember correctly, there's still a ways to go, isn't there?" I say, sitting on a nearby crate of equipment while reading a book about the area. "Less than a day, perhaps, but I hear delays and mishaps aren't out of place on some of these routes." I continue. "The ports are bound to be busy, too."

The skies below are thick with clouds, and if you look closely at the wind you can see gusts of sand floating in the air, carried back and forth on the currents from our destination. I feel like the grains are getting stuck in my underwear (I didn't bring enough clothes.) and the air is dry enough to leave me wanting another cup of water. My hair isn't the best it could be and sometimes I need to rub the dirt out of my eyes, too.

We're on our way to an old desert town in the southwestern region. Recently, about a week and a half ago, a young explorer found ruins indicating the presence of a rumored artefact, one of the Moon Stones, hidden somewhere below the ground. After a rather unmentionable introduction, Lelith and I joined Tempest's ship, a mid-sized Blue Rogue vessel that traveled doing...

Actually, I'm not sure. I'd heard most of them were just around fighting stuff bigger than them but he seems more relaxed than that to be honest. Since then I've been researching on the area and looking to see if we can find anything that looks like a good place to start looking. I have faith in my research, so it should give us a good boost ahead of the other excavators.

Anyway, so we set off to find this legendary artefact. My dad's research papers were sold off to someone in Valua since, so I'm hoping we might be able to find a lead if we look for hotspots of scientific significance. Other leads aren't turning up well.

Adelheid was deep in the belly of the ship, going over the engine room yet again. His tall stature made it somewhat cramped for him, but he had gotten used to it. Going over the engine was something that calmed his nerves, he felt at peace among technology, it kept his mind occupied. He smelled of industrial grease and lubricant, and had changed all the air filters for the ships ventilators and greased up the motors. Double checking all the belts in the mechanisms to make sure they were firm and taught, not worn down and about to snap. He prided in keeping his ships in tip top shape. Afterwards he stepped back up on deck, the cool breeze washing away the scent of grease for a moment, though he could still slightly smell it on himself. He eyed up Lelith, "Damn, hot woman, and fierce too," he thought. Part of him wondered how they'd do in a sparring match. He always was a sucker for a brawl. She was quick, he was slow and strong. It's be a pain but one hit on her and he'd do some damage, he figured. It'd just be getting the damn hit in.

His eye then wondered out to the brilliant blue sky. Nothing like flying in the air, living on a ship was the best. Adelheid gave himself a good stretch after being cramped down in the engine room, the breeze from moving through the sky feeling good on what skin he had as he exposed his flesh to the air. He was itchin' to see where they were headed next. Apparently some ruins Shiho had babbled about. Adelheid didn't so much care about the plunder, unless it turned out to be technological, as he relished the opportunity to flex his muscles in combat. Or if need be save the day by blocking a trap with one of his colorful anodized metal limbs. They came in real handy, incredibly thick metal, hard to bend or break. Also perfect for turning wrenches on the most stubborn of bolts. All in all, he felt pretty good about things to come.

Tempest's keen sailor senses would notice a sudden shift in the wind and then the presence of 'Monsters!'. In this world monsters simply 'exist' in the way animals simply exist in earth. Soon everyone on the Houston could hear the hellish buzzing noise. A swarm of Hornet type creatures, each the size of your fist, are attacking the ship! To action!

OOC: This is the introduction to Conflict. The ship has 3 'zones'. Below deck, on deck(where everyone is), and crow's nest. Each player has a Turn to perform one action as described by the conflict rule then The monsters go. You can describe your action how ever you wish as long as it makes sense. (Normally everyone goes by order of highest quickness to lowest in a physical fight. But for the first one we ill just let the players go how ever they wish.)

Adelheid reaches up with his large bionic arm to grab one of the insects out of the air and crush it within the palm of his gargantuan metal fist.

-+++=+2

Adelheid actual manged to catch several of the hornets an squished them instantly! About half the swarm was killed in one blow! he remaining hornet are pissed and will focus on shipwright!

OOC:
+,+,0,0=up shift 2.
5 (forceful + 2) -2= 3 Great success!

Seeing the hornets approach and starting to swarm Adelheid, that mechanical brute of a half-man, Lelith jumps into action; making a running jump, using Adelheid's thigh and shoulder as steps, and launching herself athletically at the flying critters, swiping at them with her claws while tumbling around in the air, performing sweeping kicks.

Quick Approach + 4d6 = 3 + 0 = 3

The red tunic'd blue rogue drew his cutlass, and sneaked toward one of the giant hornets, using the bionic armed man as a distraction. With a leap, he put all of his strength into a devastating slash, in an attempt to dispatch the attacking creature. "These things hurt like hell when they sting you, be careful!" He mentioned, after his attempted stealthy attack.

0,+,0,- +3 = 3

...I hear a faint buzzing sound as I read. I decide to turn my head out of worry just in case--

"Oh crap, oh crap!"

I flail my arms around as a single bug appears in behind me. My book falls to the ground as I fumble around with my pouch, before pulling my knife out and quickly stabbing at the large hornet.

4d6 - 1,5,6,1 - -,+,+,- = 0, +2quick = 2

(OOC: I should give the ruleset another quick read soon~)

The hornets where so busy Dodging the quick and frantic attacks of the woman, Tempest was able to skewer the remaining monsters of the swarm! Good team work! Though no one got strung they know have the temporary aspect [Covered in hornet guts!] until they can clean up.

After the fight you realize the ship has arrived at a crossroads of sorts. You can either dock at a small port town, or go strait into the ruin. Which will the party choose?

Dice Results!
-,-,0,+, = 1vs 3, Tempest wins by 2!

0,+,0,+ =4 vs 3, Lelith loses by 1!

+,-,+,+ = 4 vs 2, Shiho loses by 2!

Tempest whiped the stench of the guts off his blade onto one of the dead bodies, before kicking it off the edge through the railings, watching it fall down, disappearing into the dark clouds of the deep ocean. He looked around at the others, noticing they too are a bit messy.

"I say we should dock here and see if there are any useful supplies before venturing into the ruins. Plus, the locals may have some useful information for us." Tempest spoke, resheathing his sword as he walked past Shiho, stopping to pick up her book and present it back to her with a smile. "Here ya go."

Lelith nonchalantly pulled off her tank top, that had been covered in the disgusting entrails of the hornets, revealing her well shaped, firm, perky breasts, as though it was the most natural thing in the world.
"Disgusting... I need a bath!" she growled to herself, wiggling off her sparring hotpants when she noticed the others staring at her, and she froze, her buttocks barely covered.

She rolled her eyes, pulling the hotpants back up again and strolled towards hatch to the lower decks, very much intent on taking a bath. "Oh please, nothing you haven't seen before, I'm sure. Yeah, going to the town sounds like a good idea."

In her personal quarters she would quickly take a refreshing shower, cleaning herself of both sweat and hornet guts.

"Right, port it is," Adelheid said absent mindedy, not really paying attention to his captain. His eyes were instead fixed upon Lelith as she undressed, happy to see a nice pair of breasts on board. He was saddened to see her not finish undressing but instead go down to her quarters. Shame. He looked at his robotic arm, its hand and wrists slathered in smashed sticky, pulpy, bug goo. He figured he'd best get to polishing that off and went below deck to get some rags. He'd give his bionics a good hard rub to get all that goo off.

Well damn, My plot to get everyone to bathe together and make out has been foiled. Alright so you all take showers separately and have removed the [Covered in hornet guts!] aspect removed.

The 'Houston' pull into the nearest port. As you are docking you an see the island laid out before you. There is market place with various stalls and shops, the typical tavern that serves drink and rumors, and some sort of event area. There seems to be various contests held there. Where to next?

Adelheid eyed the contests from afar, a look of merriment in his eyes. "Aye, Captain, let's go see just what their sportin' over there at the arena. If there's a contest of strength, I want in!" Adelheid bellowed, flexing his muscles and metal with fervor.

ColorWheelY said:
Adelheid eyed the contests from afar, a look of merriment in his eyes. "Aye, Captain, let's go see just what their sportin' over there at the arena. If there's a contest of strength, I want in!" Adelheid bellowed, flexing his muscles and metal with fervor.

Adelhied indeed find a strength contest! He found a High Striker machine. One of those test your strength attractions where you hit a base with a hammer to try and ring the bell.

high-striker.jpg

"Uu...this feels icky."

I look down as I find myself covered in goo, before realizing my underwear is showing through my moist clothes and I decide to hide behind a barrel for the time being. I accept the book from Tempest, before we all head to our rooms and get the showers done.

We seem to be at a small port some distance near the island ruin. It's close enough that the bars and plazas are full of other excavators looking to gain notoriety off the backs of new information.

"Hey, is it okay if we try and buy some new clothes?" I ask. Unfortunately, I had packed light after leaving home and don't have more than a few spare outfits, maybe six or seven at most. It would be helpful especially if what we have keeps getting messed up like earlier.

After glancing to the side with Adelheid, we notice a strength contest on one of the paths. I decide to see if there are any prizes.

"Go for it, but be careful, alright? I'll be in the Tavern." Tempest stepped off the ship, and made his way into the hustle of the small town, in search of the tavern. His thought process was that he assumed some of the local sailors there may have information about any black pirates, or Valuan activity. After-all, he wanted this mission to be as smooth as possible, and wanted to be prepared for anything.

"Hah, looks like he found a strength test afterall. I hope he doesn't break that thing." Tempest spoke quietly under his breath to himself, as he passed Adelheid on his way to the local tavern. He stepped inside, and glanced around, taking in the smokey atmosphere, and the ambient smell of cheap ale. Walking up to the bar, he sat down on an empty bar-stool and rested his elbow, whilst waving down the tavern keeper.

Adelheid can't resist the urge to show off as he eyes the machine. He walks up and pays the vender for a swing at the game. Picking up the hammer he makes a great show of himself, laughing boisterously loud to grab the attention of people nearby "Ahahahahaha, I'm gonna knock this bell clean off the striker, just ya all watch!" He flexed for the crowd, showing off his natural bulging arm muscles along with his rainbow metalic arm. He grabbed the hammer, flashily spinning it around and around as he turned in a circle, before finally stopping and swinging the hammer up then crashing down with the momentum.

[I'm spending one fate point to invoke my stunt for extra strength. My roll is --++=0. Fuck. Good thing I went for my bonus.]

Lelith returned to the deck, freshly bathed, an alluring scent of perfume about her, and her lush mane of red hair falling down her back. She looked gorgeous, captivating and seductive, yet she had a coldness to her, a steely gaze that spoke of murder. She hated going into these kinds of small towns, knowing all too well what kind of lowborn trash populated the inns and taverns, drunk on cheap ale. That was why she came armed, hiding her two daggers under her full hooded cloak, tied together by the neck, as well as a pair of thigh high boots with wicked looking spurs above the heels. She was as ready as she could be.

"I'll go with Tempest," she said, feeling none of them should be going alone. The inn was their best shot at getting information, and they had a job to do, before someone else beat them to it. Going to a faire seemed like a waste of time. "She is under your protection, tin man," she said, padding Adelheid on his mechanical shoulder, referring to Shiho. "If she gets hurt, I'm holding you responsible."

ColorWheelY said:
Adelheid can't resist the urge to show off as he eyes the machine. He walks up and pays the vender for a swing at the game. Picking up the hammer he makes a great show of himself, laughing boisterously loud to grab the attention of people nearby "Ahahahahaha, I'm gonna knock this bell clean off the striker, just ya all watch!" He flexed for the crowd, showing off his natural bulging arm muscles along with his rainbow metalic arm. He grabbed the hammer, flashily spinning it around and around as he turned in a circle, before finally stopping and swinging the hammer up then crashing down with the momentum.

[I'm spending one fate point to invoke my stunt for extra strength. My roll is --++=0. Fuck. Good thing I went for my bonus.]

Adelhied did just that! He struck the striker so hard with the hammer, the metal bit flew up to the bell with such force it knocked the bell clean off the machine with a large crash! The crowd of onlookers that were attracted by Adelhied'ds earlier boasting began to cheer wildly!

The man running the high striker machine was visibly impressed. "Lad, you put me out of business for the rest of the day, but that spectacle was surely worth it. What is your name?" He asked. He was an older gentleman and well dressed.

"I'd like an ale, over here." Tempest's voice booms over the immediate crowd, as the mountain of a man behind the counter slides one down in his direction. Catching it, and tossing the appropriate amount of coin on the counter, he swigs it down in one go, topping it off with a closed mouth belch as he noticed Lelith had followed him. Giving her a quick wave, he turned to a rather quiet individual with a red bandanna sitting next to him.

"Any rumors going around these parts?" Tempest gazed toward the man, who seemed to be enjoying his liqueur a little too much.

"Nah.. *hicup*.. Other than one of the Valua and Nasr trade routes apparently changed recently, to come through airspace near town. I don't like them... *hicup* ..Filthy Valuans, but they sure have nice stuff!" The man trailed off in his sentence and collapsed on the floor before Tempest could respond.

"..Well then, that complicates things. Damn." Springing up, he turned to Lelith. "Did you hear that? It could be just a rumor, but what if it isn't? We better gather the others, and get going soon. I don't want to risk being followed into the ruins."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom