Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blood of Legends ((Kiandra&Mephilis))

Tom would finish with the plates, turning to watch the events pertaining to his new commander as he leaned back against the counter. Well he was paying attention to what was going on, though his eyes kept drifting over to check out the leopardess next to him. He could not help himself, she was very attractive, and he was very straight.

"What news?" He asked, before she motioned toward Seylian, who stopped when he saw his commander. "Oh, hey... Yeah. Good news, we have adopted a couple really attractive and dangerous girls." He said, glancing back at Rune and Tom. "Oh, and Tom, hes ok too, I guess..." He said looking back at the rather confused and not really amused Melorn. "Surpriiiiseee?" He said, waving his hands in a very 'Surprise!' manner, this did not seem to really improve Melorn's reception of the news. "I do not like the idea of changes being made to my team without my knowledge." Melorn started, glancing over at Tamir, knowing she was not responsible, but figuring he needed to be looking at the adult in the room. "Well, to be fair- you were summoned you just chos-" Turning to give Seylian a, 'do you need a shovel for that hole you're digging' look. "Shut up Seylian." He growled, causing the grey male to strighten up a bit. "Shutting up now, Commander."

Rune would tilt her head side to side as Tamir and Melorn entered. She rolled her eyes at Seylian's explanation. Tamir about smacked her face with her hand and sighed, "What Seylian meant to say, is that because of the loses on Tom's team, the high commanders decided to add them to your team. They were probably waiting for Cylesta to feel better before telling you. So now you have Seylian as Subcommander, Thyverian, Menis, Rune, Kiara and Tom under your expert command."

Cylesta groaned, her eye was narrowed, and her pupil had become a huge slit, almost drowning out all the color of her iris. She rubbed her body against the furs in her nest, knowing it wasn't enough, but not really coherent to call out to Manus with her shadows, or to call out to Thyveriaan through her wristpad. She felt her body tremble from the force of her heat, and she shivered, soaked with sweat. She got up and headed to the shower, turning it on to ice cold, shivering under it as she tried to cool her overheated body down.

"I see..." Melorn said, his eyes moving back to Tamir for a moment. Then back over to Seylian, before looking over at Rune and Thomas. He then moved over toward then, going by his idiot subcommander right toward the ginger feline. "Thomas/" He said expectantly, and the orange tabby male straightened up, standing at attention. "Yes sir?" The older cheetan would look over his new subordinate, before looking over at the leopardess. "I guess I need to talk to you about your team joining mine." He said, which prompted a sigh from Tom, "Actually sir, as of earlier today the ranking member of whats left of our squad, is Rune." That would cause the older male to raise an eyebrow. "Is that right?" He asked, looking back to the female. "Well then, Rune, I guess I will need to have a word with you, at your earliest convenience."

Rune nodded at Tom's words.
"Yes sir. I have time right now, if you'd like to discuss this." She got down from her spot on the counter, and tilted her head at his answer.

Tamir would poke Seylian, and whisper, "Of course he was going to remain by Cylesta's side. Just like Manus was there for Menis."
Kiara giggled, hearing her, and then shaking her head. She looked over at Tom knowing how he must have felt knowing he was no longer the ranking member of the team.

Cylesta sat in the shower, mumbling to herself as her heat drowned her. Her hand was between her legs, rubbing against herself, trying to alleviate the pressure some, although it just seemed to swamp over her. She cried out into the darkness of her bathroom, having turned off all the lights before she had fallen asleep.

"I very much would, let us go outside for some privacy." Melorn said, gesturing toward the door before heading in that direction. Once he was no longer in the commander's line of sight, Thomas would visibly deflate before making sure the plates were put up properly. It almsot felt like heartbreak, admitting he no longer held rank... causing a pain to shoot over his chest.
Once they were outside, Melorn would turn to Rune and give her a once over. "Alright, first of all as the face of your group, I want you to sell your team to me. What am I getting by accepting you into my fold?" He asked, eyeing her reaction very intently.

"Yeah, not sure why they did not wait to hold the meeting and save us all this trouble." He said shrugging, before heading off to wash dishes.

As Melorn turned to her, Rune would straighten up, suddenly the adorable female that had been in Tamir's house, would be transformed into a cold and methodical predator.
"You've seen us in action sir. Kiara and Tom both are amazing fighters, each with experience under their belts. Kiara is a quick shot, and very accurate. Tom is quick and agile, getting into spots the enemy can't find him in. His stealth is a very good asset to have." She got quiet, and tilted her head, before stating, "And then there's me. I provide cover and heavy artillery. When I'm in the thick of battle, I have my knives. I'm also accustomed to torture tactics, and can keep my mouth shut."
As she spoke, she raised a hand to her throat subconsciously.

He watched as she went from casual to professional mode, a good ability to have for sure. Once she was done, he nodded a bit,"Yes, but if you recall, I was also in action, did you have enough time to analyze Thyverian, Menis and Seylian's skills and abilities during the fight?" He asked, watching from her response, before continuing on. "I am fairly sure there is more to your team than this, I do not appreciate secret keeping." He said before motioning to her throat. "Practicing torture techniques on yourself often?"

"What your males lack in experience they make up in heart and strength. Menis needs better hand to hand combat, but his archery skills are some of the best I've seen. Seylian is overconfident and arrogant about his skills, but he does have enough to back it up or to wing it by the seat of his pants. Thyverian is a powerhouse with his sword, but there are moments where I've seen him look either not in the fight or distracted." Rune answered, her analysis straightforward. She then grinned, and said, "Ive got a couple tricks up my sleeves, the clones I can create are quite useful towards more than one opponent, the only weakness being when they die, it pains me physically. Kiara knows how to create explosive fireballs, along with her demolition ranking, she can also plan a blast down to the last speck of dust."
As he asked her about the torture, her ears went down, in memory, and annoyance. As she pulled her hand away from her throat, she said, "I've lived through the enemy's torture. I learned from it, and I bear the scars, both physical and mental."
She finished, not willing to speak about it, but the darkness shrouded around her would have marked her as damaged, if it could be seen. She didn't like to talk about that memory, and if Melorn pushed, she would simply pass him a small memory card that had the explicit details on it. He could read it himself.

"I certainly hope you were not too busy watching those boys work to do your job out there." He said after she gave her assessment, considering how things ended up, it would be a shame if it was partially due to such a thing. He then listened to her further analysis of her team, nodding as she spoke. A sound of understanding coming from her as she mentioned her experience with the enemy. "So you probably looking forward to torturing the enemy then." He said stroking his chin in thought, "So tell me in all honesty, how do you feel being grouped with a bunch of inexperienced warriors? How do you feel being put under the command of one?" He asked, referencing the fact that they will be under Seylian.

Rune leaned back on her leg, and gave him a tilted head, before answering, "Like I said. Although they are inexperienced, they are good, and I don't mind being under someone with less experience than myself, provided of course, that he is humble enough to ask for the team's opinion when he can. Whether he takes the advice or not is his decision to make as subcommander. As long as he leads with respect, I'll submit. And I am very good at being a good subordinate to the one who proves they can handle the responsibility."
That last sentence came out a little quieter than the rest, almost as whisper, he probably would not have heard it as it sounded more like a mumble. Rune would look at him and ask, "Do you have any reservations with our joining the Blood Hawks? Or should I speak to the high commander and ask if we can be reassigned? "

"Don't mumble when you speak to me, at least act like you have some pride even if you don't." Melorn said with a firm voice like he would use when he had to go 'dad mode' on Cylesta. "Only issue I have is people being assigned to me without my knowledge." He said as he pondered her for a moment, looking over at the house as he pondered the other two. "We are not likely to be sent out anytime too soon, so I need you all to get more acclimated with one another. I also want to see what you three can do first hand, so I am going to see about reserving the Gauntlet. Let you three run some war games with the other three, then I will reach out to some other squads to have you all go against other groups and see if you can play well together." She would know that the 'Gauntlet' is a specially created arena that projects participants into a magically created arena, especially allowing for death matches where death does not actually occur. A form of entertainment, and also a very good way to train for real life and death fights. Not cheap though, hence why it is not often used by lower ranking squads. "See that your group is ready, and let Seylian know, since he can prepare." He said, giving her time to respond before speaking up again. "And do not worry, you will not have to ask me if I want you out of my squad, because I will tell you when I kick you out, so just focus on your job and we won't have to worry about it. Now Rune, welcome to the Blood Hawks." He says, giving her a firm smack on the shoulder. "Dismissed."

Rune would shift as he used his dad voice on her, something tensing deep inside her. Her eyes drifted down and back up, taking in the hardened warrior before her, and her tail twitched as she nodded.

As he spoke of the Gauntlet, she would grin, a bloodthirsty look on her face. She had done the Gauntlet once, and had absolutely loved it, she would enjoy doing it again to prove her worth.
"Yes sir. I'll let Seylian and the others know." She answered him, then looked at him again as he said he would kick her out himself. She almost squirmed as he smacked her shoulder, and for a moment her imagination went in the opposite direction. For a moment, all she could see was being held down by chains, ass in the air as his smack had imprinted itself on her ass, arousing her.
She blushed under her fur, and nodded, before rushing back in, leaving a trace of her aroused scent behind, hopefully he wouldn't connect it to her firm young body.

Rune looked at Seylian, and said slightly breathless, "Melorn wants to put us through our paces, and have us run the gauntlet together. He says we need to prepare."
Without waiting for his response, she rushed into the bedroom that was hers, and into the bathroom beyond that, closing and sealing the door, before her fingers was buried under her skirt and into her soaked pussy. She brought herself off quickly, groaning quietly as she bit on her bottom lip.

As the leopardess went back inside, Melorn sniffed the air, taking in a familiar scent. It sent a brief rush of arousal through him. Momentarily activating his predatory sex drive, before fizzling out. She is probably lucky that she left when she did, he might not have let her go had that scent hit him before she was out of reach. ".... Interesting..." He said, pondering the thought of sexing up one of his new subordinates before shaking his head and heading off to find his other underlings.

As Rune spoke to him, Seylian heard the words, but all he really comprehended was her scent. As she ran by him, he instinctively reached out to her, his hand brushing her side, but not grabbing her as he managed to think better of it. Shaking his head as she left his sight. "What did he do to her?" He asked as he gave his head a few more shakes, to get the thought of breeding the leopardess out of his mind. "And what did she say? All I heard was my brain telling me I wanted to fuck her." He aske,d looking over at Tamir.

Tamir grinned and shook her head, "Thinking with your nose huh? She said that you guys will have some time to work as a group, before Melorn puts you through your paces at the gauntlet. And I'm guessing, she had a pretty strong reaction to Melorn... but then again, she's got a bit of a naughty kink to her."
"She didn't use to, but when she was captured and tortured, something broke inside her. She survived, but she likes pain in her submission..." Kiara said, walking up to them. They would hear a drawn out cry from the bathroom, before it became silent.
"She worries me, especially when she goes into heat... she leaves, and usually heads to one of the darker clubs." Kiara says, "The last time she came back, her back had almost been ripped by a whip. But she's happy... so..."

"Wait so, she needs to feel pain to enjoy sex?" He asked, having never heard of such a thing. Interesting, so he would just need to get used to some bondage then... He could do that he was sure... and as he often does, he is sure he would be able to knock it out of the park. "So shes has the hots for older men? Or just assertive men?... Both?" He asked, hoping to milk all the info he could out of these two since they were so keen on sharing it seemed. He had never really given bondage too much thought... could be fun, worth a shot.

All the while, Tom remained by the sink, listening in but not giving too much reaction. He had always had a thing for Rune, and learning this was... kind of a blow. Thinking about it, he was pretty sure he would not be able to bring himself to actually hurt her, especially not to that degree. So... he would never be what she needed... and therefore had little to no shot with her. This day, was quickly becoming the worst of his life, but he showed no real indication on these feelings on his face... he just seemed stoic and in thought.

Tamir and Kiara both shared a look, and Kiara looked at Tom, reading him quietly, before turning back to Seylian. Just as she was about to open her mouth to talk, Rune walked in. Dressed in a black armored corset, black armored skirt, and knee high boots, Rune was dressed to kill, not to mention the weapons she had within her thigh holsters. The look was completed by a black chain collar, a dark red rose hanging at her throat.

"I like both older and assertive, and I don't always need pain during sex, it comes and goes, like an itch." She said, dragging everyone's attention to her. Her scent clung to her like a dark perfume, and Tamir and Kiara shared another look.
"I'm going out." Rune said, before stalking past them, a blank look in her eyes as she closes the door behind her.
Kiara turned to Tamir, "She hasn't looked that bad in a while... should we tell someone to keep an eye on her?"
Tamir shrugged, "Who can we tell?"
"I don't know... Melorn? He's our commander now, he can probably keep her safe..."
Tamir shrugged, and turned to Seylian, "That's a decision you three would have to make, I'm not in your squad..."

Raising an eyebrow, Seylian looked Rune over in her BDSM get up. He definitely liked the look, "Good to know..." He said, almost purring as her scent began to assault his sense of reason. When she mentioned that she was going out, Seylian could not help himself. "I would rather you stayed in." 'with me' was the part he left unsaid as she made her way out. "I think I might need to invest in a dungeon... need a house first... Need more money." Seylian said as the other two worried about more important things, her scent still affecting his mind, but slowly dissapating.

At this, Tom finally moved heading by the others toward the door. "Thanks for inviting me Tamir, but I have to be going." He said, managing to keep his voice together. As he was about to open the door a voice caused him to stop. "Tom, think you could look after Rune, if your not too busy." A slight wince coming from him, very faint to the point that someone would have to be watching him rather intently to notice. He really... reallllly wanted nothing to do with where she was likely going and what she was likely going to get up to... but he did care about her, beyond the affection he had for her... "Yeah, sure." He said, before pushing his way out the door, and trying to track the leopardess down.

"Problem solved." Seylian said, feeling pretty good about his quick thinking.

Kiara and Tamir turned wide eyes towards Seylian, before pouncing on him, and not in a good way. They started smacking and hitting him.
When he finally spoke up, Kiara glared at him, "Are you insane? Tom just found out he can't be what Rune needs, and now you've sent him out to watch for her!"

Kiara had known for a long time exactly how Tom felt about her half sister. It had been an argument between her Rune once, before she had realized exactly where Rune's taste ran. Even Tamir had caught on to Tom's crush, and so she had no problems smacking Seylian around.

Rune had disappeared, and try as he might, Tom couldn't get a good trace of her smell. It had wrapped around him as he had left, but then disappeared in the wind, leading him nowhere. As for Rune, she was headed to one of her normal clubs.

"Hey what the hell!?" Seylian called out as he was assaulted, trying to defend himself from their attacks. "And you are mad at me!? Your the ones that went into detail about her sexual tastes and what she does on her heats, he was right here! In the room! How was I supposed to know you guys were that fucking cruel!?" He shouted back, feeling pretty damn sure he was not in the wrong here. They acted so damn matter of factly about it there was no reason for him to assume there was a problem sending Tom after her. "Why didn't you say something before he left? Geez"

Luckily, or rather unluckily, Tom was not some novice that could lose someone so easily. He was able to isolate her footsteps starting from the house and ascertain her direction of travel. Also, her outfit stuck out like a sore thumb, so he had no issue getting a read on her path from passerbys who noticed her. He would manage to track her down before she reached her club. He would quickly approach her, "Rune, wait!" He would call out to her as he closed the distance. He figured it was now or never, rather than just assuming he had no chance... he might as well just come clean to her... and let her tell him one way or another.
Admittedly not the best time, but he would never be able to stop thinking about it if he didn't put this to rest now.

Kiara sighed, and said, "It was better for him to realize he wouldn't be able to give her exactly what her body craves, than have him find her in fragrant derelicto."
"Although, you do have a point. That was quite cruel of us, especially on the day he found out about his demotion..." Tamir said, conceding to Seylian that it could have been handled better.

Rune stopped, and then turned to look at Tom. She had a sort of feral glint in her eyes, but she waited until he had joined her. Of course this would put Tom within range of her scent, making it even harder on him than before.
"Yes Tom?" Her voice was quiet as she looked up at him, head slightly tilted.

Tom luckily, had a very strong will, and while it mad an effect on him... he was able to think straight. He was not sure what he was going to say, but he knew he could not just look into her eyes forever... even though he felt like he could get lost in them forever. "Look. I'm not very good at this... cost of how I was raised I guess.." He said, looking away for a moment, trying to gather his thoughts before looking back at her. "I... I have always... I have always..." He paused again, damnit brain give him the words he needs right now! "Really..." Finally he concedes defeat and uses the lamest possible word for how he feels. "Liked you... But I... obviously didn't know... about.. this." He says, gesturing to her outfit, "What you are into..." Well, that was the easy part... now for the part that he knows will suck, but has to ask before it kills him. "I don't even know how you feel about me so maybe this was all just a waste of time before it began..." He stammered a bit, trying to get the words out, to be coherent, but also to not waste too much time.
With a sigh, he just drops his arms to his side, "But since learning about it... I do not think I could ever hurt you... even if you liked it... so I guess what I need to know is..." He winces a bit, gritting his teeth... Like an antelope just waltzing into the lion's den, you know how it ends... but he feels like... he needs to hear it from her. "Do you think you could... ever be with someone... who couldn't do that to you?" He asked, forcing himself to keep eye contact with her, trying to brace himself for what the voice in his head has been warning him about since he started on this foolish quest.

"Well now I feel like an ass, talking about wanting to get with her while he was in the room." Seylian says, shaking his head. Not the best way to start off their working relationship. He would definitely need to talk to Tom about this later. "So what now, do we send someone after Tom?"

Rune stared at him for a moment, before shaking her head.
"I'm so sorry Tom. I'm messed up, I know. I wish I had known sooner... so you wouldn't have had to pine after me for so long..." Her voice was raspy with emotions, layered over the scarred throat. She wanted to hug him, but knew she probably shouldn't.

Tamir shook her head. "I think we've done enough meddling... leave them be."
"Tom needs to talk to Rune about this. They'll get through this, it'll be awkward, and then it'll get better..." Kiara said, almost as if she was trying to believe it too.

Cylesta shivered in the darkness, closing her eye and shaking her head back and forth. She groaned as a wave of arousal traveled down her spine, causing her body to convulse as if she had been electrified. The cold water that ran over her soaked body did nothing. She cried out to the darkness and shadows around her, pleading for something. At this point though, her mind was more feral than reasonable, so she couldn't have sent out a call to anyone.

As soon as she shook her head, she would be able to see it, in his eyes the faint glimmer of hope he had was snuffed out. She would even be able to pinpoint the exact moment his heart split into two pieces before her very eyes. To his credit, despite her scent assailing his mind, Tom kept up appearances for the most part. You tell yourself over, and over that you know how it ends, that you can take it because you already know. All you really do is fool yourself, blind yourself to the hope that you are desperately clinging to. When it is finally ripped away from you, you just don't know what to say... but you need to say something... "I... see.... thank you... for your honesty..." Its a strange thing, thanking someone for breaking your heart, but there really is not much else you can say. With that, Tom stepped back, out of her way, he would not bar her way from what she sought any longer. "Kiara and Tamir are worried about you, be careful ok?" He forced himself to say, as he desperately waited for her to go. Fighting so hard to keep himself together, part of all that training no doubt... don't let them see that you're hurting... even when you feel like you're dying.

When she mad eher way past him, he would start to walk away. Trying to keep himself together as he made his way in the direction of the one he knew would not hurt him.
His mama.

"Alright, so what do you guys wanna do now?" Seylian asked, hoping to move past this awkwardness.

Rune took a deep breath and watched him. She hated doing that to him... more evidence she was damaged goods... she turned and walked into the bar, settling herself into a dark corner, the shadows covering her as one of the maids brought her a drink. She wasn't an expert in shadow manipulation, but they were drawn to her darkness and so she was able to stay out of the limelight of most of the males. Those who did notice her, her glaring neon green eyes would frighten most away.

Tamir and Kiara shrugged and then settled on the couch, relaxing into the cushions, before looking at each other and then turning twin grins of mischief towards Seylian.
"We could always go out to train. We are supposed to be acclimating to each other, and Tamir can be our referee and tell us what we can work on!"

"Alright, sounds good to me." Seylian said, a grin coming over his own face. "I do need to see what you can do after all."

Oddly enough, Tom was thankful she did not stay long and just went on her way. As much as he liked hearing her voice in spite of the damage, he could not bear it right now. He watched her walk into the bar, and waited for the door to close. When it did, he lowered his head in utter defeat, she was gone and he was alone. For a moment atleast until he heard a voice behind him. "You going in?" Turning around, he saw a rather good looking lioness behind him, watching him intently. "Oh.. no.. just seeing a friend off, I'll be on my way." he said, starting on his long journey home. "Aw, thats too bad, you like like you would be fun to play with." She spoke with a predatory tone that made Tom's spine freeze over for a moment, causing him to stop. "Heh, no thanks... not my thing." He said before starting his trek again.

With each step he took, his legs felt heavier to the point that he felt he was dragging his feet along the ground. Nothing has gone right for him today, not a single thing has gone remotely in his favor. He was dressed down in the most humiliating fashion by his grandfather, infront of his father who remained silent. Told that he was a disappointment, stripped of everything he had worked for. Put underneath Seylian who, while Tom had nothing against him personally, didn't even have a tenth of his experience. In all truth, he did agree with his grandfather... he was a disappointment, he did fail... Devaln and Waldier were proof of that fact. Hell he couldn't even keep Rune safe from those barstard Rastrox and let her become the way she is now. Everyone calls him the 'golden boy' like he is something special that can do no wrong. Well he doesn't feel so special, honestly he feels pretty worthless and more like he can do no right.

And thats what hurts the most now that he knows, its because he could not protect her that she became this way. If he really was some special gift from the gods, he could have kept the girl he cared about safe... and maybe they could have been something. But thats all dust now, he failed her and things are what they are now. Somehow he managed to not see that she had changed so much since then. That the girl he cared about probably died long ago... because he was never enough. They say knowing is better than not knowing... but thats until you know... and wish you never did. It became too much he could not walk anymore, his body trembling from a weight that did not exist but felt so real.. and crushing. Suffocating, debilitating, infuriating. Finally he did the only thing he could, he screamed at the top of his lungs. Somehow, as he heard his voice echoing across the sky, and felt the eyes of surprised and confused onlookers, he could move again. He quickly shuffled into a section between two structures that looked empty enough. Slamming his back into a wall, he let himself sink pathetically to the ground. The damn breaking, tears finally bleeding out from his sapphire eyes that now shimmered from the echoes of his agony. Balling his hands into fists, he cried into them, screaming into them as they muffled his voice.

Nothing seemed to help, the pain just kept growing, it felt like a beast feasting on the festering carcass that was his soul. It was not just the pain he felt from Rune's rejection... that was the catalyst that sparked his breakdown. Being the heir to the legacy that he was born into, he always tried to appear invincible. Now he was paying the price of pretending he felt no pain when it all came rushing up out of him like a geyser. Reaching down, he grabbed onto the handle of one of his many pistols and drew it from its holster. He looked at his gun, undoubtably it has taken many lives in service to him. For several moment she pondered allowing it to take one last life in service to him... to take it all away. His hand began to shake in frustration before he threw it to the ground before him and began to gasp in pain.

No. He would not.
Why? Pride.
What did he have to be proud of? Nothing.
But pride is all he had left it felt like.

Back
Top Bottom