Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Kingmaker (PF) - The Stolen Lands

downloadable_kingmaker_charter_by_whodrewthis.pdf

For many years, the region known only as the Stolen Lands has resisted colonization. It has been a den for banditry, barbarians, and other monsters that would repel civilization. Its northern neighbor, the Brevoy prominence of Restov, has made it its mission to colonize this region, though with limited success. Due to political tensions, the Swordlords cannot expend enoughh resources to take the area, instead having to rely on adventuring groups to go down and clear the area for them. You are one such group, one of four sent into the Stolen Lands, in a region known as the Greenbelt. Your mission is to explore this area, find resources, and to clear out any monsters and bandits that would prove a threat to colonists.

6116393733_844b9a3cd0_z.jpg

Each hex is 12 miles across, covering just under 150 square miles of terrain.​

As per your instructions, you are to first go to the trading outpost belonging to a man named Oleg, located on the Northern border of the Greenbelt. As you pass across the border from Brevoy, you can make out the building in the distance, a wooden construction, similar to that of a fort. As you make your way there, why not take the time to get to know yourself a little better. After all, you're going to be spending a lot of time together.

Lirix, the teifling ranger, continued to ride out into the bright sun, his red scaly skin shining in the sun light. He looks back to the group behind him, a slight distrust of those behind him, but only a casual smile on his face. He had grown up in land similar to these so he volunteered to take the lead. His great horse, Halrick, nickered to the horse, donkey, and ox behind as they trudged through to what he could only call a fort in front of him. "Well...new friends. We know names, but little else. So lets get to know each other a little." He says starting the conversation. He quickly gives everyone a once over quickly again. "I see most of you are skilled with magics." He says, hoping to start off on a common interest with most.

Particularly interested in the spellcasters, Vannalys was already friendly to both sorceresses finding some common likings, even making display of her set of manacles while they talked in the way. It seemed she had lots in common with her arcane fellows as to be good partners in mischief while they traveled and explored (though she would rather be exploring her new friends instead). She also eventually looked at the human cleric and even to that half elf that was in the group too. The last two males she just considered them as plain bodyguards for now, they didn't seem too interesting except for the little detail of that naughty tail.

That was of course until one of them talked, the ranger, Lirix was his name, Vannalys giggled and turned to him with her usual flirtatous face "I bet that was not the only thing you were looking at, teehee. So... is there anything in particular that you hand in mind?" without taking her eyes out of him she whispered to her fellows "And what do you think about him?"

Cecil was in a good mood. He'd spent the last couple of years traveling all around, looking for ruins and lost treasures...not that he'd actually found any, unfortunately. But this time! This time he confident. The Lost Woods were known to house the remnants of old fortification and ruins of kingdoms that had once stood there. And he was to be one of the teams meant to go an explore and claim it!

He was so giddy he didn't even care about the prospect of fighting bandits. He'd fight 100 of them by himself if it meant discovery!

The half-elf knew he was young. He was untested and untrained for the life of an Archaeologist. But that didn't make him weak! Cecil's talents with summoning would allow him to achieve his dream and he wouldn't let anything stop him!

Perhaps, however, he should take a moment to come down from his giddy high and finally introduce himself to his companions. It seemed they were doing it now, after all! He hadn't really talked to them much after briefly giving his leftover gold to the Witch, Vannalys. After all, he no use for it at the moment!

Shaking himself from his thoughts, he smiled in greeting at his contemporaries. Greetings! I'm Prof. Cecil V. Piper, of the College of Rostland, Antiquities and History Division. You may simply call me Cecil, of course. It is all very nice to meet you!"

Sarenna was still wondering what had ridden her to come here. Yes, sure, she would need some practice to harness and develop that spark of power currently near slumbering in her. Staying at home and pouring over thick ancient tomes would not do the trick, she had tried that already. Her power came from instinct and intuition, and these don't grow via dry academic study. Staking your own claim, being your own master in your own lands, it all had sounded great back then.

But now she was out here in the wilderness, marching along a road leading who knew where for hours upon end, all amenities of civilization far behind her. It had sounded better when she was still home where the straps of her packed backpack were not straining her shoulders. Her whole body was exceedingly frail, not suited to any feat of requiring strength. Well most of it was frail. Her chest was graced with a pair quite unusually large that stretched even the loose fitting sturdy shirt she was currently wearing. A counterweight to the bag on her back, she liked to joke to herself.

At least she was not alone, and the motely group that had formed seemed capable to withstand the rigors of the wild, at least until she had learned to take care for herself. They had also been friendly to her until now, and she intended to return the favor.

"I am Sarenna." she therefore introduced herself when asked. "and honestly, I am not sure I would consider myself skilled with magic - yet."

Not making the cut to be a proper red mantis assassin, Carmesí was about to be dumped into the negotiation corps before she received it, Achaekek's blessing. Through frantic devoted prayer to him, she received powers to enact his will upon this material plane.

The mantis god has spoken, and Mistress Jakalyn has assigned this task. Somewhere here, a leader of men must die, she thought as she travelled along with a group of others, all sent here to explore or something unimportant like that.

"Our meeting is by chance," she monotoned back to the tiefling, "And the less you know of me, the better. Else you might find yourself awakening with a nice little tetrolimulus next to you, caressing your face."

The teifling holds his casual look, though it comes at a slight strain inside now. "Beautiful creatures are they not. Almost divine in their ability to kill and cause pain." He replies back to Carmesi. Then turns back towards back to Vannalys, the third man in the group seeming to choose to remain quiet for the time being. "Well, most mages have some kind of...magic animal that they keep. What is yours?" He asks, spinning in the saddle of the great horse so he is riding backwards in the seat.

(if needed, 7 roll +6 skill = 13 on a ride check)

(No ride check needed)

The remaining man in the group, a tall, lanky blonde man in a white coat, watched calmly as the group around him began to talk. All these people were new to him, and it was interesting to be stuck with such a 'unique' group. One hand held the reins of his horse, the other was holding his weapon, a scythe the simply hung from his side. When the woman in dark armor threatened them with something called a tetrolimulus, he couldn't help but give a small laugh.

"Not all magic users have pets," he spoke up finally in response to Sirix's question, casting an eye over the lovely ladies, "Though I get a feeling they'll be claiming some very shortly."

Sarenna smirks, ever so slightly, at that last mention. She thinks she has caught the innuendo, but the implication is not one that matches her interest. A docile male is boring. Which is one of the reasons she likes to give her carnal partners the illusion of being in control. Not that she would want to spill all her deeper secrets just yet. Instead her chatter turns to the more obvious topic.

"Some mages indeed do train familiars. Since they are incapable of solving their problems on their own ..."

Seemed that the remaining male had been listening to some of her conversation with her female fellows, as Cecil had done too, he knew something about them claiming some pets for their use, swaying her bubbly ass for him to stare she wonders if he was just offering himself for that...

But the comment of Sarenna interrupted her thoughts as it felt really offensive for her. It is true indeed that not every magic user has a pet but calling that lack of capability, well... she would to let it pass this time, it wouldn't be smart to argue up for such a light comment, yet she would still ask for an apology. "I will have to ask you take back those words Sarenna, and would really appreciate you apologize to us as well."

She then looked suspiciously at the ranger for such an assumption, though it is true only the smartest spellcasters have familiars, not all of them have. But having no reason to hide it from the rest of the group Vannalys called for her familiar "Say hi to the tiefling Tweet, he wants to know you", coming out from between the feathers of her hat, the tiny bird addressed the tiefling "Hi Lirix pleased to meet you".

Cecil, after his introduction, had been a bit preoccupied by the hypnotic swaying of Vannalys' rather delectable ass. His eyes tracked the back and forth of her hips, only barely paying much attention to his surroundings. But who could blame him, really? The with really was quite attractive...

Still, when the conversation turned to that of familiars and the use -or lack thereof- of their summoner's, he found himself frowning and reluctantly drawing his gaze away. "I must agree with the Lady Vannalys. My own method of combat deals with summoning a partner from the other planes. We meld our strengths together, combining my inherently better mental aspects with my summon's physical ones. Together, we compensate for what the other lacks."

With that said, Cecil goes back to once more admiring the impressive backside of Vannalys.

Lirix immediately gets a sour look on his face at the turmoil his simple question had caused. As the bird come out of her hiding place though, Lirix's smile returns in force as he holds out a hand, hoping to tempt the bird over. "Such a beautiful creature. It is a thrush right? We had a similar breed in near my home." The demonkin says.

Ah well, her loose gap once again had spiced up the situation. But she would not pull back completely, either. Not unless she got to know the others a bit better. So instead she turned towards Cecil with a knowing smile. "Haven't you just proven my point with that statement?"

Letting her eyes wander over the group, she finally threw up her arms, which did not have quite the desired dramatic effect due to her heavy backback still restraining her. "All right, all right, I will apologize to anyone I offended by pointing out the obvious. I doubt anyone here is yet at a point where she or he could tackle the wilderness alone. Some just see this as more of a drawback than others ... "

Auger couldn't help but chuckle at the little argument going on between the rest of his group. It looked like this little adventure wasn't going to be dull, even during the quietest of moments.

Eventually, our heroes would arrive at the trading post. At least, it was supposed to be a trading post. All they could see was the massive wooden walls surrounding it, with a guard tower on each corner. The place must have been an old fort before it was converted into a trading post. There was only one entrance into the place, a massive gate that was currently closed.

Seemed the comment of Cecil only made things worse, "Ah when will males learn to shut their mouths up when women are talking?" she mumbled to herself but Sarenna being next to her perhaps would be able to hear her.

And how could he even compare a summoned creature to a familiar when they are such complete creatures, even more her familiar that served her as a bond to her magic. And now Sarenna was just going the opposite if she really wished to apologize by remarking her past words as obvious, bah she would better forget about all this and look for friendship at some other time as they were about to reach the supposed trading post. Tapping her hat she called for Tweet to return to its hiding spot which it immediately did after literally saving bye and waving with its tiny wing.

Valeeria could hear the group from the inner side of the trading post wall. She calls out in a pleasant, if mischievous voice: "Are you coming in?"

After hearing that voice from behind the wooden wall Sarenna was quick to call back.

"Oh we would love to, but a huge wooden gate is barring our way, and I have the feeling that tearing it down would not make us very popular."

She enjoy the mischievous laugh coming from inside but seeing the massive wooden door Vannalys couldn't help but look at the male who have not spoken at all yet. He seemed by far the strongest one and could certainly put his muscles to some use and stop staring at them from behind, not that she didn't enjoy swaying her tight round ass for him or the others.

Addressing him with a smile he asked him in a playful tone "Hey... ummm... you, Will you be as gentle to open the door for the ladies?", but she was thinking she might as well whip his ass for him to hurry.

Lirix just shakes his head as he dismounts from the great house and walks forward pushing on the giant door. Once the door opens, he kisses to Halrick who moves forward bring the ox and cart along with him as he follows his rider. "Come on ladies and gents. Adventure awaits." The tefling says stepping into the fort.

"Right, actual journeying along a route out in the wild doesn't qualify for adventure, yet walking into a trading post, our destination and supposed hospice is," Carmesí muttered to herself at the in-logicalness of the tiefling.

Sarenna quietly agreed with Carmesí, exactly the same thouht had occurred to her. But for once she held her sarcasm back. After all, it was not overly cool to just be parrotting someone else. It was true though, what grand adventure was Lirix thinking of that could await them within the presumeably safe walls of the fort? The best she could think of was some drunk patron at the inn clumsily trying to get into her pants.

So in silence she stepped inside between the opened gates.

With a shrug, Auger slips off of his horse and approaches the gate, managing to push it open without too much effort. One can only imagine the muscles that thin frame of his possessed. Once inside, the group could see the inside of the trading post, as well as their greeter Laveeria.

Oleg%27s_Trading_Post.jpg

As you come in, a peasant woman with blonde hair and green eyes emerges from the building in the north eastern corner. Upon seeing you, she smiles brightly, quickly making her way over to you all.

Svetlana_Leveton_line_drawing.jpg

"Oh thank goodness you're here," she said happily, quickly tending to your horses, "We've been waiting for you for so long now. I'm Svetlana. Oleg and I run the trading post together." She quickly turned and shouted back towards the building."Oleg! They're here! They're finally here!"

Looking back over the building Svetlana had come from, you see a man on the roof, moving into view before jumping down. One can assume he was making repairs before your arrival. A gruff looking man with dark brown hair, he walks over to you all, eyeing you critically.

PZO9031-SternFarmer.jpg

"Well, it's about time someone got here to deal with the problem. The name's Oleg. As you can figure out, this is my trading post," he gestured to Svetlana, "And this here's my wife."

She was not going to philosophize on the possibility of indeed finding more adventure in the trading post than out in the wild but instead giggled at the tiefling who seemed eager to fulfill her requests even when not asked to. The three men had showned to be very docile so far yet strong (in the case of Cecil it would be with his fused eidolon) and Vannalys only hoped now they would prove to be interesting as well, she had no interest in having pets that could not amuse her.

She then entered behind the others and heard Svetlana but hers was not the voice they heard before and looked around looking for Laveeria while hearing what Oleg had to say. "Problems?" she asked then and smiling to Oleg and then to the group she added "What kind of problems might you be referring to?, I'm pretty sure this boys would be very willing to help solving it, right guys? ^^"

"The boys may be willing to solve the problem, but I'm perfectly fine with stabbing the problem until it doesn't exist," Carmesí interjected her own input in, "A couple of extra holes in a problem would definitely make it go away."

Back
Top Bottom