Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quae Questum Orbitae (Character creation)

Revnarh

Playful demoness
Main thread
Out of character chat

Name:
Age: (15 years is the youngest, the oldest age is up to you)
Appearance: (look at the instructions bellow; feel free to ask questions)
Element/s: (maximum is three; you don't have to pick one and can be elemental-less)
Jobs: (pick two)
Class: (again, pick two)

Appearance:

First you create your own chimera-like character (example: the head and wings of a dragon, the tail of an ankylosaurus, the arms of a gorilla and the legs of a human-cheetah mixed with a human). Your imagination is the limit, but try not to make it too complicated.

Elements:

After you created your character, you chose one to three elements (the first one is your main element, the second element affects you 50% and the third one gives you a bonus).

Fire, water, earth, air/wind, light, darkness, nature (this one is a special one, it has plants and animals as sub-elements), lightning, ice, poison, sound/sonic, metal and rubber

You don't need any elements, you can either get one to three elements later (characters with two elements can get a third one later too) or stay elemental-less and use some unique weapons, spells and other things that neither use magic nor elements. A character who is an earth elemental can use wind and water spells too, but someone without any elements can't use anything related to an element at all which doesn't mean that he/she has a disadvantage against a fire-breathing dragon or a magma golem...

The best part about this is that a special weapon is strong enough to withstand demon/dragon fire, lightning, acid and even magic!

Jobs and classes:

Every player starts with two classes.

For example: druid, mage, assassin, witch, shaman, monk, priest, inquisitor, warrior, amazon, ranger, rogue, paladin, berserker, necromancer, pirate, pyromancer, tinker, beastmaster, samurai, ninja, warlord, sorcerer, bard, dragon rider, warlock, summoner, wizard, mimic, cleric, thief, alchemist, psionic, gunslinger, trickster, sniper, magical archer, gladiator, crusader, ocultist, healer, enchanter, valkyrie, shapeshifter, trapper, swashbuckler, defender, illusionist......

And with two jobs (just a few examples: smith, pathfinder, healer, mercenary...you can even create your own job, just try to explain it to me).

The downside of a job is that you can't use any created items for yourself unless you bought them back, but you can trade them with someone else for something equally valuable. Classes are an exception to this rule.

There is a difference between jobs and classes. Take assassin as an example. you only work as a trained assassin when it's your job like a herbalist who makes medicine or a blacksmith who forges weapons while an assassin as a class doesn't need to get hired by someone. Just like mercenary, assassin is one of the few professions that can either be a class or a job. I thought of it in a way that you can for example be a mage and still find work as a hunter.

Races:

You can mix races (for example: centaur + demon, dragon + cyborg, elf + demon and so on), but you can only mix compatible races (dwarf + giant would be redundant). The only downside is that you can't choose any extras like a third eye, six arms or the tail of a demon when you mix two or three races together.

For example, my character:

A human with angel-like wings, gorilla arms, muscled legs and the tail of an ankylosaurus. His elements are nature (the animal part, not the plant part; main element) and earth (secondary element). He is a druid as well as a battle mage, his jobs are pathfinder and magical smith (he began his journey as a normal smith and trained/studied to craft magical armor and weapons too).

Last edited:
(Copy pasta'd to the correct location)

Horatio Gulard, The Knight Errant.

Standing just under seven feet tall, with the powerful legs of a Spring Heeled Jack, the ever watchful gaze of a sentinel and mighty arms of a great gorilla Horatio is an imposing figure of a man and within his chest beats the heart of a crazed hyena.

Looking to become a great hero one day and finally prove that you need not align yourself with the elements or magic to make your mark on this world Horatio has not formed an elemental affinity and has instead spent his days honing his skills with mighty blades and eschewing use of a shield he has learned to use gauntlets and arms of his think armor to ward off attacks and as a secondary weapon if need be.

Oddly enough he has developed skills in both first aide and the crafting of armaments, due to his reluctance to use healing magics out side if dire situations and the unlikely hood of finding arms and armor to fit his unusual build, respectively.

(Sum it up, no elements (yet, if ever) classes: knight and defender(hope those fit the style I described) and jobs are field medic and smith)

Kyle Fackrel
Wings of a Coualt, Horn of a Unicorn, legs of a Cecaelia, Base attractive human male, standing about 6'1 300lbs.
Elements: Water, Thunder, Air
Class: Erudite, Witch
Job: Healer, Jewelcrafter

Name: Talidor

Appearance: The legs and tiny horns of a goat, tail of a succubus. Human body arms and head, though male, very femmine looking. Long black hair, large dark blue eyes, standing at 5'10. Wears white robes with a yellow sash that holds them together.

Element/s: Light, Earth, Darkness

Jobs: Priest and Companion for hire (Companion for hire because he is very much a secondary character with his healing powers and summoning of back up creatures. Not THAT type of companion for hire....well maybe if you pay enough.)

Class: Cleric and Summoner.

Name: Samuel Wolf

Appearance: 6'6" wild long reddish brown hair down to the middle of my back with Amber yellow hawk eyes able to see long distances and with great accuracy, a strong jaw line and slightly angular face with lightly tanned skin. My arms are normal looking except for my nails they can extend to look like hawk claws my face hase a few scars from past battles as does the rest of my body my chest is wide and toned along with the rest of my body I have black Raven wings on my back and a tail like that of a demon just small and black as my wings but powerfull. My ears are that of an elf pointed and very sensitive to sound. My teeth are normal except for my canines there enlarged and very sharp like blades and are used when needed my legs are human looking like my arms and chest but claws can grow from my toe nails as well.

Element/s: fire, darkness, and earth

Jobs: assassin, self-scientist( while I do study science and can operate on others I mainly stick to experimenting on my own body and enhancing it when I can mainly through gene spliceing)

Class: blood manipulator, shapeshifter (blood manipulator is just as it sounds but it's a self taught class type through extensive research on my own body I have found a way to control my own blood with magic. What this means is I can use it to some extent to harden my blood for extra protection on the outside I can use it for a weapon within a 4 feet circumference. The best part of this is each cell in my blood is magicly enhanced and can store 1 item each by stabbing it into my body and can expell it at any time at the speed it entered. IE: if I were shit with an arrow then I could absorbe it if I notice it in time and then expell it a second later same with swords Spears daggers and all weapons and a few items. )

Your character looks good so far, there are only one or two problems. How can shapeshifter be a class? I always thought that they were a race. Not all weapons in this world are made out of normal materials like iron...can you absorb swords that have blades made out of fire or lightning? Also, gene-splicing? I'll alloww it, but you start with no equipment except for the standard kit that everybody gets.

I am going to come out in defense of this one. Shapeshifters can defiantly be a class. I can actually show you a way to take this shapeshifter as soon as 4th level.

But yeah shapeshifter is most often a race but can be a class of course you are the final arbitrator of what goes on in your setting.

Well you did say that this was a world of magic and technology I just assumed science went in there too and as for your question no he can not absove a weapon with a blade or any part made of pure energy it would overwell the magic within the cells and could be dangerous if not stopped fast enough. And I'm fine with simple starter kit to be honest my char has a full background story and everything but that's for another time I'm glad you will let me play:) oh and shape shifting itself is a class because it requires magic of some degree to do it and even humans can change shape given enough magic but the shapeshifter part is minamule he can only retract his wings and tail for about a full day to try and blend in and he can turn into a black wolf for about 6 hours a day and that's it so it's not too over powered I don't think, also the gene spliceing is when I fight/kill a monster of great strength or if it has a quality I like I will add its DNA to myself so I have to play to get stronger ;)

Oh, I'm gonna create a shifter who is a shapeshifter both in class and race! Anyway, back to the topic:

Ok, I'll allow shapeshifter as a class. The difference between the class and race shapeshifter is that one can change their appearance however they want since the day they were born while the other one has to be trained like the art of swordfighting.

You're not too overpowered, I played as a shapeshifter in a superhero rpg on a different forum and did stuff like turning into a gigantic golem made out of molten magma, a titanic acidic blob with lightning inside the body and a lot of mixed stuff that would let a chimera look normal. Too bad that it got shut down...

The idea was that there is more fantasy and magic than technology, but that's said easier than done when there are androids, cyborgs and even one or two floating cities which are flying without using any magic whatsoever. Not to forget the jetpacks with or without mechanical wings, nanomachines and cybernetic limbs...

Your gene-splicing sounds like the magical upgrading system that can give you new body parts, elements (only when you started with one, two or no elements) and abilities. You'll only be able to upgrade your weapons, armor and summons that way. Is that ok with you?

You can't experiment on your summons and gear, but you can enchant them. Summonable creatures can be enchanted and learn a new ability after you went through a trial while you can pay a magical smith to turn your sword of fire into a fire-lightning blade. Weapons and armor can be upgraded by doing quests from time to time too. If you pay someone to upgrade a weapon then it can't evolve anymore, but the other way around is possible. Special gear, made out of an unknown material that is immune to both elements and magic can be upgraded more than once since it can't evolve. You can put a certain amount of gems on it depending on how big the special gear is. These gems can absorb a certain amount of fire, impact damage or something else and then release it as an attack. And anything you create can't be used by yourself, but you can trade it for something else that is equally strong/worth.

Please put any other questions in the Out Of Character thread by clicking on the following link: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=68481 This thread is only for character creation.

Name: Kelene
Appearance: Scaly face giving way to a lizard-like chest and abdomen. Legs and feet like a bull, arms like a golem.
Elements: Fire Water, Sonic.
Jobs: dragon-rider and berserker.
Class: pathfinder and mercenary (got to, with a job like berserker!)

I asked an admin since the main thread is closed. Maybe I'll make a completely new thread, but first I'll wait for an answer.

Wiki, do you want to use your current character or a new one?

Probably same one, was also wanting her to be a samurai ninja looking girl with a red colored katana that wears a fox mask, but the general appearance would be the one I linked.

Name: Kurt Za'Se

Appearance: In short; If you can picture a Khajit (Basically a non-digitigrade cat folk), of the short hair Bombay variety, you have pictures Kurt. He hears only a pair of silver half moon piercings in his right ear. Standing at an average height of 5'11 and staring with a brilliant (albeit tired) yellow gaze that drifts to orange at the perimeter.

Element/s: Kurt has dormant darkness as an element. This is to be expanded on as he grows as a character, but basically means he cannot make use of it just yet. Animal is also an element one might say he passively uses, being largely feline in form. He does, however, have the ability to shift to an entirely feline shape, though it is merely the size of a Serval, with beautiful, shimmering black fur.

Jobs: Fisherman, Bait and Tackle crafter.

Class: Monk, Weapons Master (Club; think the sort of weapon a low level bandit would wield, if they did so with similar effect that a knight might with a sword.)

(My bad, I should mention that I would be into a tutorial as well, seems like it would be a lovely way to get a taste before the meal.)

Name: Isla (Pronounced Eye-Luh)
Appearance: Isla has thick, wavy hair that reaches down to her lower back. She keeps her hair in twin tails and has her hair dyed half brown and half platinum blond. Her eyes are a dark green. She usually wears short, colorful dresses and no shoes. She is 5'3 and 116 lbs. She has another "personality" to her, a demon. When she gets hurt or angry or just bloodthirsty her eyes turn a bright yellow.
Elements: Darkness
Job: Magician (Or street performer), theif (Steals things to eat or to sell for money)
Class: Illusionist, Trickster

{You couldn’t expect me not to find this, Rev- I’m in!}
[BGCOLOR=rgb(25, 49, 66)]Name: Carnelian ‘Cade’ Shadeslayer[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=rgb(25, 49, 66)]Age: 21 years old[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=rgb(25, 49, 66)]Appearance: Human, but a bit of a buff human. Not bodybuilder buff, but buff.[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=rgb(25, 49, 66)]Elements: Sound as Primary, Light as Secondary[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=rgb(25, 49, 66)]Jobs: Mercenary, Herbalist {Basically knows the natural, healing properties of plants, as well as other properties they may possess, and can create healing oils, salves, and remedies from them without Magic}[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=rgb(25, 49, 66)]Class: Magical Archer, Sniper[/BGCOLOR]

Back
Top Bottom