Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Conan RPG (GM LF Group, endlessly recuiting)

Okay, summer is starting, so I am going to make this simple. I know I'm not going to be able to find a DM :)() so instead, I'm going to do something somewhat unusual. There are currently two gaming systems I'm looking at, Labyrinth Lord (a nice little basic edition RPG) and the darker, grittier Conan RPG (A sword and sorcery set in a simpler, if more epic time).

Still, as I am rather unlikely to get a GM, I'm willing to run a game for a group, if enough people show interest.

That said, I do have a few rough campaign ideas.

Conan RPG

In the far north of the Vilayet Sea, where the mountains rise at it's north most point and the Loulan Plateau, several tribes of degenerate sub-human creatures, remnants of an earlier age, are gathering under a single warlord. Grolgrung Grolvan, one of the last Trolls, has untied the clans of the Urk, Grobi and Ogre, and under the whispers of his seer, has launched a campaign of conquest southwards, striking along both sides of the Vilayet, often ignoring cities entirely, as he searches for something, even humans die in the hundreds under their savage blades and unnatural fury.

Still, if this was the extent of the troubles, Hyboria would be lucky indeed. South, as the dunes fall, a Stygian plot has gone awry. A novice necromancer, seeking lost lore made his way to the ancient pyramids in the burning desert of the east, to bind the souls of dead kings from the ancient days to his will, and loot their tombs of artifacts, to crush his rivals underfoot with an army of the dead. However, like many before him, he could not control the power he boasted of. Unfortunately, while he was consumed body and soul by the dark powers he unleashed, he had been strong enough to wake them from their eternal slumber.

Nemidea and Brythunia suffer under a two fronted invasion, as a warlady known as Karmina has lead demons and ancient horrors from the Border Kingdoms south, savage Beast-Men and Ice Devils, along with rumors of a great glacier wyrm, bound to an unspeakable pact, as they mount a desperate defense, and their own lands horrors rise up to the join the assault, howling for the blood and flesh of humans, as shadowy shapes feast on terror and souls.

Character Generation; Ability scores are 4d6b3 (roll 4 dice and discard the lowest), and you get max HP at first level. Starts at level 1, and I'll PM you the starting gear.

Labyrinth Lords

In the land of Foran, things are more peaceful, less savage, or at the very least they appear to be. There are whispers that goblins and orcs are menacing the villagers of the Copper Hills, and the walking dead have been seen along the edges of the Obsidian Moor, and the Elves in the Etharis Forest have heard whispers that one of their most dangerous renegades may be returning, having been exiled for his pursuit of dark knowledge, and pacts with unholy powers.

Still, as ever, there is adventure just on the horizon, and unexplored wilderness filled with monsters, ancient ruins that have somehow escaped being looted, and unspeakable horrors to test your mettle! Come on down to the pub, and seek glory.

Character Generation; Ability scores are generated by rolling 3d6, and you start at level 1. HP is rolled, but you may reroll any 1's, and the first 2. I'll PM you your starting gear... which will not count towards your EXP!

RE: Summer RPG (GM LF Group)

Seems Matt is far more versed in Conan lore than I am, so I will try to think up something else. If that fails the honorles clan fallback is still there to ... fall back on.

More like I found as any of the books on the publication list in PDF form that I could. But yeah, while it sounds good, some clashes with the typical mindset of that dour but honorable people.

So regarding gender equality among Cimmerians. You say that women are allowed to pick up male roles, but does that mean that female warriors are really treated as equal to men, or are they still looked down upon by the men who consider them the 'real warriors'?

Or how about this one: At some time prior to the start of the campaign Ceana had an accident that led to a severe injury of her lower abdominal area. (either during hunting, or preferably during a clash with a rival clan). She did recover, and the wound did heal except for a relatively small scar, but it was clear to everyone involved that her childbearing days were over before they had begun. She herself did not mind much, and her clan mates did not openly insult her or anything, but there was still the subconsciously lingering attitude that she no longer is a 'real woman'. Which made her feel uncomfortable enough to pack up and leave.

In the end what I really need is a good motivation for her to leave the northern lands and travel the world.

Perhaps simple wanderlust. She wants to see the world and does what she can to make that a reality. She trains for it, even if its slightly looked down upon by her clansmen and simply leaves. Perhaps her clan's ways, while quaint, are just too restrictive for where she wants to go in life.

It sounds simple, but perhaps that's all you really need.

While she would still be considered a woman, and in some clans it's considered that a strong women will be a warrior, but the stigma is more on your ability to help the clan, then anything else. Women are expected to be mothers, because children will strengthen the clan. Still, strong children are born from a strong woman. So, a sterile woman, and one who was made that way? She would be seen as somewhat unlucky, and there might be faint disappointment, and not many men would be attracted to her, as she cannot offer them children.

Of course, we can work the previous backstory from before, but instead of killing the chiefs son, who nobody really liked, he was discovered, and as he was married, blamed you for tempting him, resulting in your exile?

Edit; And Gromnar has a point. While somewhat frowned on for a woman to travel, they would not disallow it either.

Gromnar said:
Zorrita, I'll change my character's religion to that of Ishtar if that works better for you. Might give your savant the opportunity to convert my PC to Derketo. What are your thoughts?

Ha ha... that could be fun. They do love recruiting converts.... :D

We have the first character sheet, just need some things added and she'll be good to go.

Also, to anyone looking, always recruiting.

The one aspect I like about the backstory with her injury leading to her infertility is that I would greatly prefer my character to be sterile anyways, and this would offer a great explanation for that. So maybe combine that with the wanderlust aspect which made it easier for her to say goodbye rather than sticking around.

Cherubian said:
The one aspect I like about the backstory with her injury leading to her infertility is that I would greatly prefer my character to be sterile anyways, and this would offer a great explanation for that. So maybe combine that with the wanderlust aspect which made it easier for her to say goodbye rather than sticking around.

It could also be good for roleplaying between our characters since fertility is a large part of Stygian society.

Well, it's not like she will be telling everybody that she can no longer bear children. Let the men think they will seed her, when in fact they have no chance. :)

Eh, could work. That said, some mysteries and spells may help her a bit there, if something happens by 'accident' ;)

Also, just need to ask, anyone have opinions on how they want the game speed? As in, more action/adventure, or more political/social? With 2/3 current characters leaning more towards social situations rather then outright combat, may adjust a few things.

Also, starting packages will come after I get the remaining two character sheets.

I'd say more social with some action, but I'm up for whatever.

And the 'starting funds' is the 'starting money' on page 77 of the core book? 2d6-2 sp?

RE: Summer RPG (GM LF Group, endlessly recruiting)

Grimsage Matt said:
Eh, could work. That said, some mysteries and spells may help her a bit there, if something happens by 'accident' ;)

Maybe she, or at least I as the player, do not want any help in that regard? Pregnancy is firmly in the 'No' section of my kink list.

Another inquiry: In the link you provided the feat 'APPEARANCE: ABOVE AVERAGE (General) ' has a minimum Charisma requirement of 11. Above in the thread you mentioned a minimum Charisma requirement of 13. Was this an oversight of yours, or did you increase the minimum requirement via house rule?

Yup, and it probably should not come up. Was mention it in the context that with one of the mysteries of Hathor, it gives +50% to the odds of getting pregnant, if you sleep with a man 24 hours after having the lesbian sex.

And featwise, a mistake on my part there.

Would that mystery of Hathor work even if the biological prerequisite for pregnancy, i.e. an operating uthera, was no longer present?

I was thinking... since we're going with the Conan RPG maybe editing the thread title to mention that might draw some eyes of we're wanting some more players.

Back
Top Bottom