Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Conan RPG (GM LF Group, endlessly recuiting)

Okay, summer is starting, so I am going to make this simple. I know I'm not going to be able to find a DM :)() so instead, I'm going to do something somewhat unusual. There are currently two gaming systems I'm looking at, Labyrinth Lord (a nice little basic edition RPG) and the darker, grittier Conan RPG (A sword and sorcery set in a simpler, if more epic time).

Still, as I am rather unlikely to get a GM, I'm willing to run a game for a group, if enough people show interest.

That said, I do have a few rough campaign ideas.

Conan RPG

In the far north of the Vilayet Sea, where the mountains rise at it's north most point and the Loulan Plateau, several tribes of degenerate sub-human creatures, remnants of an earlier age, are gathering under a single warlord. Grolgrung Grolvan, one of the last Trolls, has untied the clans of the Urk, Grobi and Ogre, and under the whispers of his seer, has launched a campaign of conquest southwards, striking along both sides of the Vilayet, often ignoring cities entirely, as he searches for something, even humans die in the hundreds under their savage blades and unnatural fury.

Still, if this was the extent of the troubles, Hyboria would be lucky indeed. South, as the dunes fall, a Stygian plot has gone awry. A novice necromancer, seeking lost lore made his way to the ancient pyramids in the burning desert of the east, to bind the souls of dead kings from the ancient days to his will, and loot their tombs of artifacts, to crush his rivals underfoot with an army of the dead. However, like many before him, he could not control the power he boasted of. Unfortunately, while he was consumed body and soul by the dark powers he unleashed, he had been strong enough to wake them from their eternal slumber.

Nemidea and Brythunia suffer under a two fronted invasion, as a warlady known as Karmina has lead demons and ancient horrors from the Border Kingdoms south, savage Beast-Men and Ice Devils, along with rumors of a great glacier wyrm, bound to an unspeakable pact, as they mount a desperate defense, and their own lands horrors rise up to the join the assault, howling for the blood and flesh of humans, as shadowy shapes feast on terror and souls.

Character Generation; Ability scores are 4d6b3 (roll 4 dice and discard the lowest), and you get max HP at first level. Starts at level 1, and I'll PM you the starting gear.

Labyrinth Lords

In the land of Foran, things are more peaceful, less savage, or at the very least they appear to be. There are whispers that goblins and orcs are menacing the villagers of the Copper Hills, and the walking dead have been seen along the edges of the Obsidian Moor, and the Elves in the Etharis Forest have heard whispers that one of their most dangerous renegades may be returning, having been exiled for his pursuit of dark knowledge, and pacts with unholy powers.

Still, as ever, there is adventure just on the horizon, and unexplored wilderness filled with monsters, ancient ruins that have somehow escaped being looted, and unspeakable horrors to test your mettle! Come on down to the pub, and seek glory.

Character Generation; Ability scores are generated by rolling 3d6, and you start at level 1. HP is rolled, but you may reroll any 1's, and the first 2. I'll PM you your starting gear... which will not count towards your EXP!

RE: Summer RPG (GM LF Group)

Going to keep the requirements as they are, and yes, the clothing options are there to buy/suggest for the starting package. On a bonus note though, I'm willing to give Appearance (Above Average) as a bonus feat for everyone, if everyone wants it.

And yes, so far a pair of temptresses and a barbarian. There was a potential Savant, but she dropped out :( On that note, Savant replaces Scholar, and tell me if your going to take the sorcery secret for the Temptress, as there are going to be some tweaks.

Grimsage Matt said:
Going to keep the requirements as they are, and yes, the clothing options are there to buy/suggest for the starting package. On a bonus note though, I'm willing to give Appearance (Above Average) as a bonus feat for everyone, if everyone wants it.

And yes, so far a pair of temptresses and a barbarian. There was a potential Savant, but she dropped out :( On that note, Savant replaces Scholar, and tell me if your going to take the sorcery secret for the Temptress, as there are going to be some tweaks.

I was, being Stygian and all.

The bonus feat sounds good and I was also going to take the sorcery talent.

It's a simple enough tweak. When you gain the Improved Secret Art, you may research new spells as a Savant, and gain a new Sorcery Style OR a free advanced spell from your Sorcery style. The same applies for Advanced and Perfected Secret Art. However, you are limited to knowing a number of Advanced spells equal to your Int+Cha modifier.

And, while the Savant had a few fixes, some additional sorcery styles to drool over/plan to acquire.

And, Zorrita. As a Stygian, I would advise looking at Stygia; Serpent of the South, for some additional info. But, depending on how you want to start, there may be some Stygian Feats that could help, depending on your backstory.

Grimsage Matt said:

I have not checked what exactly the feat does, but the three(?) of us beeing all hot looking for free sounds good to me. :)

You will still need a Charisma of 13+ to get it as a bonus feat though. Also, as far as chainmail bikini's go? Going to provide 2 DR, weigh 10 pounds, have an unlimited max dex, and gives the full benefit of Charismatic Defense, but does have a 10% Sorcery failure chance, and counts as light armor.

Question for you Grimsage Matt. When are we possibly going to start? I have my sheet done more or less, and most of my background is finished.

Also, found an online-edible PDF sheet for Conan, might prove useful.

Looking over stuff more, I'll think I'll make my character a savant instead as I see her as a priestess of Derketo.

Sounds good. And just need to ask, you going to take ranks in Knowledge (Mystery of Derketo)? If so, and you start with 3+ ranks, you'll need to make a corruption save right off the bat.

Do we need to clarify each players kinks in advance, so elements of the No list can be avoided by the GM?

Would be appreciated, though going to say that there will be no scat, watersports, or M/M on my part. Personally, not something I like. As for blood and mutilation, well, it's not going to come up sexually, but it could happen inside combat, so there is a chance it could happen there.

So, feel free to post them in advance, helps me plan. Also, it should be noted that the three ideas are just that. Ideas/plot hooks. Going to be sandboxish, so might not even join up with the other players if you don't want to. Easier in some cases though.

Probably, as you might not want to start together, so no sense just placing you in the same spot. You will be able to join up together though, so no worries there.

Grimsage Matt said:
Sounds good. And just need to ask, you going to take ranks in Knowledge (Mystery of Derketo)? If so, and you start with 3+ ranks, you'll need to make a corruption save right off the bat.

Yup, will do.

Seems like some of us are on a similar page. My temptress is written as a sacred prostitute of Derketo from Koth; essentially, the young woman makes enemies of a more powerful sacred prostitute or priestess of the faith (aka, snow white and the evil queen like) and to get rid of her, is sold into slavery. She wakes up as the personal pleasure slave of some powerful warrior and goes with him on his travels until he looses her in a game of chance to even worse folk. She escapes and (at least I thought) makes it to where the other characters are (wherever that may be) looking for a protector and then others to help her with personal goals.

I'm more of a fan of starting with a group, though I've long played Pathfinder and D&D for that. We can start individually of course, but my character's story may mesh with Zorrita in some way. Not sure how you'd like to handle that.

Also, can a temptress start with that knowledge (Mystery of Derketo) or is that just for a savant?

Lastly, can we possibly start this Wednesday?

Not really sure if I want to be part of a group if there's another character that similar to mine. It's one of the reasons I decided to change classes.

I have no problems if you want to start together, so long as you can make it work. And as far as the mysteries go, I have no problem with it, as long as the benefit itself is not restricted to sorcerers/sorceresses/ordained priests/priestesses.

No problem Zorrita, I'll see if I can tweak mine so its not similar, or at least start in different places.

I have no problem tweaking my backstory enough so that I could start together with one or both of the temptresses.

And where should we post our character sheets (once done)?

Have the first draft of a sheet, which is awesome. That said, some things missing, so if you have any questions...

Also, will admit that my template was because I did not have the PDF before. If you can, fill out a copy and send it to damnedmatt999#gmail.com so I can look it over.

Somehow the sheet won't allow me to save it once I modify it.

Also, where can I find that feat Appearance (Above Average)? It is not in the core book.

In related news, I have a backstory for our lovely Ceana now. So Matt can already start planning.

Born into the tribe of the marten, a very minor Cimmerian tribe, Ceana displayed extraordinary strength even for one of her kind from an early age. As such, and inspired by the tales of the bards, the wish to become a warrior was soon hers. However, gender barriers do exist among the Cimmerian tribes, and while the more tolerant of her clan mates did teach her the basics of combat, warfare, and the use clan's signature weapon, the greatsword, others were more narrow in their view.

When Ceana was 16 years old, one of them, Ungrood the second son of the chieftain decided to end this charade once and for all by putting the girl in her place. To do so he dragged her from her dwelling at night with the intent to rape and abuse her until she was broken. Right as he was pumping away into her and quite distracted by that act, though, Ceana, managed to reach for his dagger and stab him repeatedly. That in turn incapacitated Ungrood enough so she could slip from his grip, grab his sword and behead him.

Now although she strongly felt she had not committed any crime she did not want to chance it. Ungrood was the son of the chieftain, after all, and it was not the first time he had attempted to rape a woman of the clan. Previously that had gone unpunished. So that very night she grabbed her meager belongings and began her venture south in search for fame and riches her homeland would not give her.

Her encounter with Ungrood also had severely affected her attitude towards men. She no longer would even consider lying with a man who was as physically powerful as herself. [kink section to be added later].

The feat is in one of the links on page one, the one that says you may find these feats useful.

That said, Rape is against the Cimmerian code of honor, and to rape one of the same clan? Yeah, his father would have butchered him. That, and your flight is odd for a Cimmerian. Overall, might be able to spin it, if the clan of the marten is one most other clans look at in disgust. It should also be noted that while they expect women to be hearth-makers and mothers, they do not ban women from 'male' roles, as they are... quite practical that way. Granted, will, allow your clan to be seen as honorless and foolish, if you wish it.

Zorrita, I'll change my character's religion to that of Ishtar if that works better for you. Might give your savant the opportunity to convert my PC to Derketo. What are your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom