Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Niche in Time

Recently I've been ill. Covid. I took a vacation in July for 8 days. On the night of my second day back, I started feeling sick. I was sure it was just a cold. The doctor told me it was bronchitis and a sinus infection. So yeah, I was sick. He gave me meds for it. I started taking them. At first, I thought they were helping, but then I was sure they were not. I coughed and coughed. I would go through a bottle of cough syrup in three days. I kept it on me when I went to work. Yes, I kept going to work. Why wouldn't I?? It's just bronchitis and a sinus infection. When I would cough, it became a chore to catch my breath. I would cough out, and I struggled to just breathe back in. I was afraid if I breathed in too fast that it would make me cough more and people would notice. Silly right?? I didn't lose my sense of taste or smell. I did go through a, "it's not what I wanted," phase. I'd take a few bites, and it just wasn't what I wanted. I'd eat it, but eh. It wasn't what I wanted. Sadly I've passed this on to my dad. He's been vaccinated. So I'm hoping it won't be too bad for him, but he is coughing. I've had Covid three times in the past two years. Starting to think I'm a magnet for it. lol.

Aside from that, not much has changed. I no longer go to Nerd-vana. So my days off are now spent with my family. Now I know what you might be thinking. That's great. You get to spend time with your family. Let me just say this and leave it alone. My family doesn't let me rest. I don't feel like I get a day off.

Soooooo, aside from all that, I'm gonna give this writing thing a go. I'm gonna look at old rps and maybe even troll the boards and send a few....wait for it....cold calls. I know. It's been a while. Hope I can still do it right. They say it's like riding a bike though. So we'll see. I hope everyone else is holding up alright. Take care of yourselves. Have a good night BMR.

This feels so strange to be caught up on rps. lol. Have a good day BMR.

Wait! I could write a post for one of them. Well, that was short lived. lol.

I hope everyone had a happy holiday. Before the holidays I had some projects that I was trying to get off the ground. Though I haven't returned to any discussions about them, I haven't forgotten them either. I am working when I can, or the muse hits me, to get in my replies when possible. Sadly I have come down with something. I do not know if it's allergies or something else. Either way, I'm still working. Can't afford to sit at home until I get well now can I??

Here's to all of you. Hope you have a Happy New Year. Have a good night BMR.

I hope everyone had a happy holiday. Before the holidays I had some projects that I was trying to get off the ground. Though I haven't returned to any discussions about them, I haven't forgotten them either. I am working when I can, or the muse hits me, to get in my replies when possible. Sadly I have come down with something. I do not know if it's allergies or something else. Either way, I'm still working. Can't afford to sit at home until I get well now can I??

Here's to all of you. Hope you have a Happy New Year. Have a good night BMR.
Hope yours was good too. Hope you feel better also and its not anythimg too serious.

A man died tonight. He came into the store, ended up in the men's bathroom at the back of the store, and he overdosed. Nobody deserves to die like that. For all I know he was alone and on the bathroom floor. I don't care what kind of person he was. In the end, he very well could have been alone. The store made no announcement. There was no evacuation. They simply blocked off the bathroom, kept people standing out to make sure no one entered it anyway, and called who they needed to. I never saw them take him out. For all I know they could have taken him out one of the exits in the back of the store. I'm pretty sure that's what they did. Still, it all seems so wrong. It feels wrong.

A person I know from this very site lost someone very dear this year. So I say to all of you out there in BMR land, let those you love know that you do. You never know when it may be your last time to see them. have a good night BMR.

A man died tonight. He came into the store, ended up in the men's bathroom at the back of the store, and he overdosed. Nobody deserves to die like that. For all I know he was alone and on the bathroom floor. I don't care what kind of person he was. In the end, he very well could have been alone. The store made no announcement. There was no evacuation. They simply blocked off the bathroom, kept people standing out to make sure no one entered it anyway, and called who they needed to. I never saw them take him out. For all I know they could have taken him out one of the exits in the back of the store. I'm pretty sure that's what they did. Still, it all seems so wrong. It feels wrong.

A person I know from this very site lost someone very dear this year. So I say to all of you out there in BMR land, let those you love know that you do. You never know when it may be your last time to see them. have a good night BMR.

I'd guess that the store has taken the actions it did to try to minimise possible trauma to staff and customers. Seeing a dead body - no matter who the person was - is never fun, especially if you weren't expecting it. It may feel wrong with regards the person who died, but my bet is on the store management considering the greater welfare of everyone else in the vicinity.

Still, I'm really very sorry you went through that. Take care of yourself, and my Inbox is always open for you.

My dad has been in the hospital these past few days. He came home today. Well, yesterday now, as it's early morning Friday here. My mom wanted something for dinner tonight. She had a gift card for this place in town. So I go to get it for her and my dad. When I brought the food back, I placed the gift card on the table. She asked was there anything left on it. I said yeah. lol. Then she asked how much. I asked her how much was on the card. She said 25. I then said 25. lol. I just went ahead and got the food for them. I was going to keep the card and use it for later, but nah. I just decided to get it for them.

My Moon-iversery is coming up this month. January 22. I think I've been here ten years then. Yeah. I joined in 2014. Wow. Ten years. It's been a wild ride. Met some incredible people here. Thanks guys for making the ride unforgettable.

There is something I said on New Year's Eve, and I'll say it again here. To all the survivors of 2023 and the kick-ass warriors of 2024. It was a toast of sorts, but the sentiment still stands. Have a good day BMR.

I started to feel ill on Decemeber 26. It was a sore throat that led into a head cold that led into a cough. The cough has stayed with me. It just won't seem to go away. Last night my nose became stuffy. *sighs* I can not seem to get well and stay well. I do so love the cold weather, but I seem to stay sick when it's cold. I've been told by someone in my family I don't stop. I'm never home. This is true. I am never home. I'm a go go go go person. All the time, go here, do this, go there, go here, go there, go home, and sleep. There is this group that my brother likes. he like country music. *makes a face* Yuck. lol. The song pretty much says it all though.

I'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh, I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why
Can't be late, I leave in plenty of time
Shakin' hands with the clock
I can't stop
I'm on a roll, and I'm ready to rock
Oh, I'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh, I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die (all I got)
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why
Oh, I hear a voice
That says I'm running behind
I better pick up my pace
It's a race and there ain't
No room for someone in second place

Ok, so I'm not leaving in plenty of time. lol. I'm usually down to the wire if not late, but you get the idea. Well, it's time for me to run again. Lunch is over, and it's time to get back to work. Have a good night BMR.

Well, it's official. I talked to a doc, and I'm taking an antibiotic. Break is over. Time to go back to work. Lol. Have a good day BMR.

I'm trying to. lol. I took a mental health day today and just stayed at home. I figured it up last night. With helping my family and my job, I have only had two days to myself in the past 43 days. So yeah. I thought it was overdue.

Haven't been around much. Haven't really been around much at all. It's funny that not much has changed around here. Same topics. Same threads. This place use to be such an important part of my life. I hated to leave my house because I would have rather been home rping. On my days off, I could rp all day. lol. My mom hated my rping. She wanted me to stop. Wait. I think she wanted me to want to stop. I don't know what happened really. I want to be here. I want to write. Even when I was a kid in school I wanted to write. Writing was just easy. It was fun. I came naturally.

Recently I finally made the choice to seek out the help of a dermatologist. For a few years now I've had these patches of darker skin. I thought it was a heat rash. I kept going. It seemed like the heat rash was getting worse. Spread to my back last year. So this year I finally got some help. Turns out it wasn't a heat rash. It's a skin infection. Tinea Versicolor. It's nothing serious. Easily something that I've been treating. It's about 98% gone in fact. Now it's either allergies or another cold I've picked up that kicking my behind. I get sick so easy and so often. My body is just run down. Exhausted. It wouldn't do me any good to talk to my family about it. They don't care. For other reasons though, I'm thinking about telling them that at least one of my days off is going to be for me. No more coming around. Nothing. I'll be at home, relaxing. I've got my reasons. My heath would be a bonus reason.

Personal relationships are hard. They suck. Maybe that's why I'm so bad at them. I suck. When things are too serious, I mess them up. I joke around that I'm cursed. Maybe that's not such a joke. Currently I've got a side project going on here. I just wanted to stick my head in, say hi, and wish you all the very best. Have a good night BMR.

Back
Top Bottom