Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Chronicles: Xavier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xavier shrugs. "I'm fine with going on. The sooner this Sorceress is stopped, the less people will be hurt. Besides, there's still daylight, so we should be fine. Do you know where the next town in-between here and the sorceress is? And anything about the elves that stands out?"

Xavier wasn't tired. It hasn't been much of a fight, and only a single scratch to show for the enemie's efforts. Plus, he was used to camping if need be. Xavier didn't know how used to roughing it Rosalyn was, but if she had issues, she could complain.

Xavier cracked his neck, taking in all the scents around him, and trying to see if there was anything unnatural about. It didn't always work, but sometimes it warned him ahead of time.

(Certainly not this time. Rolled a 2 on the Survival check for scenting anything unnatural.)

"The elves are warriors, led by a lady chieftain" Rosalyn told him. "They live in that forest, and the next town is also a day's journey the same direction"

"Then let's journey forth." Xavier said, heading in the direction she said the next town was in. While he didn't want to make light of Rosalyn's sorrow, if any, Xavier was feeling good. He was on another quest, a beautiful woman was journeying beside him, and the view was good.

Xavier preferred walking, though he could ride if he had to. But the feel of dirt beneath his boots, and the ability to react at a moment's notice, was much better to him than the extra distance that could be covered.

As they traveled, Xavier went through various motions with his arms, idly practicing sword swings. He also kept a watchful eye and keen (for a human) nose on his surroundings. You never knew when an ambush could happen. He was also curious if he could smell the coward, in case he'd decided to hang about and spy.

(Spot 10, Survival 14, Listen 10)

The forest had a single road cutting through it, easy to navigate. The pair made their way forward until they met a fork on the road with an abundance of footprints, it seems this area is well traversed. Here, a woman was waiting for her, a tanned elf lady standing next to the man who fled.

"That's the man, chieftain!" the Siren's man yelled. "Set your warriors on him!"

The elven woman made no move, eyeing the stranger.

"This man claims that I should kill you so that his master will leave my tribe alone" she said in a sultry voice. "Tell me why I shouldn't"

"Well, there's the fact that he's a coward, I killed his 'companions' with contemptuous ease," Xavier begins to list off the reasons with nonchalance, "he's had less than a day to run from me, so either he's lying to get you to kill me, or thinks I'm good enough to kill you, so either way his mistress wins if we fight. There's also the fact he attempted to rape Rosalyn here with magic from his mistress, so he's already of doubtful character. And finally, anyone who's weapon of choice is a dagger is a sneak in one way or another." Xavier grins a very predatory grin at the man. "Any enemy of mine is going to die knowing I'm coming for them, not get stabbed in the back unsuspectingly. And if I slice someone, they'll have to actually worry about it, unlike his small blade. I haven't bothered to heal the one cut the three of them managed to get, because it isn't worth the time."

Diplomacy 27 on the woman, Intimidate 23 on the man, Martial Lore 19 to guess her skill level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom