Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Chronicles: Zetrin

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The man has my condolences." Zetrin says, feeling a little guilty now as his hunch had been wrong, or at least appeared that way at the moment. "I'm guessing he had nothing useful to add though. Gods knows I wasn't productive." Zetrin complains slightly, he would have something by now usually.

"Condolences?" Charlotte asked, raising an eyebrow. "No, it's not that..He was not hurt, no sign of distress. In fact, he seemed relieved. Happy. I..I think he left the mother In the woods"

"That's a little strange." Says Zetrin, looking puzzled. "Any way, I'm guessing he didn't have anything to help us in the investigation."

"If you say so." The blonde huntress shrugged. "What's your next move then? The northern forest is still unexplored, and there is the foreign woman who might know something"

"The foreigner apparently hasn't left her room since arriving." He also shrugs, then continues. I think the north would be our next best place to investigate." Zetrin says, turning his head towards the north. "I'm ready now unless you have anything to do here in the village.

"Well, I already went scouting today" Charlotte grinned "You handle the north, I'm going to take a nice, long bath. You know, In case you're succesful in luring me to your bed tonight"

"And try I will," Zetrin grins back before taking her hand and kissing it softly. "If I find anything worthwhile and not going to move on me, I'll come let you know. Hate for me to have all the fun." He winks, business Zetrin returning.

The forest was so dense in the north that light can barely come through. Sometimes, there are no paths, forcing Zetrin to go through difficult terrains which,combined with the winding paths, made exploration difficult.

(Survival check please)

(check, d20+6=23)

Zetrin makes his way through the forest best he can. It wasn't the easiest work he had done, but hopefully the exploration would prove to be worth the effort.

The forest did little to slow him down, and before long, he reaches a clearing. In the center of it, a dark being crouches. It had the silhouette of a human, but covered in dark cloth which makes it impossible to determine what it actually is. Long bony arms emerged from under the cloth, lightly touching the soil. The creature did not move at all.

Upon seeing the creature, Zetrin drops into the a stealthy position. He hadn't seen one of these before and wanted to observe the creature. Get a feel for what it was capable of before just trying to attack it outright. He gets as close as he is comfortable to get to the clearing, trying to hide behind large trees rather then bushes or other foliage.

(Studying creature and stealthing- d20+6=17)

It has very little flesh on it, but Zetrin can see the tendons across the bony limbs, it seems slashing weapons woud work well. The creature turned his head slightly. It seems to sense that there is someone near, but his body gesture shows that it doesn't know where exactly

(You gain a surprise round)

Seeing his chance, Zetrin charges the creature, staying as quiet as possible to further throw it off. He needed a body to study or else he would go get Charlotte. He strikes for the tendons, hoping to make the creature unable to retaliate

(Init:d20+5=19,
hammer attack= d20+6=16
longsword attack= d20+6=18
hammer damage=10
sword damage=9
some damn lucky roles)

The creature staggered, then stood up, hissing loudly, clawing and biting at the hunter.

(24, 16, 21 attack. If they hit, they deal 7-8-8 damage)

(i didn't get my surprise round unless the creature beat me in Init)

Taking a bite on the shoulder and a scratch to the other arm, Zetrin is only able to block one attack. He shakes off the attack and strikes again himself.

(hammer attack d20+6+2=28
Sword d20+6+2=10
Hammer damage=7)

(oops, sorry. Roll inits and if it's higher that 8, do another round of attack.)

(Seeing the 19 i rolled early, I'm ganna go with that.
Hammer attack: d20+6+2=16
Sword attack: d20+6+2=28
Hammer damage: d8+2=10
sword damage: d8+2=5)

The eyes of the creature turned wide, showing something undeads should not be capable of feeling. Fear. It raised its arms, covering its head and tried to bolt away from the hunter

(You may perform an Attack of Opportunity if you want, if not, roll sense motive/perception)

Seeing the creature turn tail and run out of some sense of fear, Zetrin stops what he believes to be a killing blow. He chases after the monster as it runs and studies it farther, trying to get an idea of what the creature is thinking.

(Sense Motive d20+7+2=18)

The creature seemed confused, unsure of why its there, eventually it reaches a dead end and crouched, covering its head with its mangled, broken arms. It was then that Zetrin would sense another pressence nearby, something supernatural. It came from behind the trees, crawling closer until he can finally see a blue haired woman present, a figure known to many hunters as the Azure witch, easily recognized by her unique coloured hair, but instead of a hideous hag, what appeared before him was a woman in the peak of her sexuality.

"Greetings, hunter" she said with voice soft as silk. "Perhaps I could..Persuade you to let the creature go?"

(I'm going to do a little modding of Azure here, though i can always have what is said here just be really bad rumors or i can go back and change it as you see fit.)

Instead of striking at the....undead?....Zetrin just keeps his hammer pointed at the creature. He then looks over at the woman and smiles a little at his luck or miss fortune. He quickly looks over the woman studying her current form, though he doubted that he could deduce anything real about her if the rumors were true. "Aaahhh, The Azure Witch I presume? We finally meet, though I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing yet." He thinks back to the rumors again and remembers a clear detail he had heard multiple times. "Hhhmmmmm, odd, she doesn't look like a hag." He whispers to himself.

He then returns to the question at hand. "Yea, I can let him go if you can answer a few questions for me." He had a feeling what she meant given her current form, but he was still in business mode.

(Skill check, Investigator to start "interrogation": d20+10=30.......Yea i nat 20'ed"

"My my, you drive a hard bargain" the witch said in a sultry tone. "I love hard men"

Her eyes turned to the creature fondly, eyeing it in an almost motherly manner. "You see, these beings are not the criminals..They are the victim. There is a common..Ritual in the nearby village, something they do when their parents are too old to work and are nothing but a burden to them..Do you know what this ritual is, hunter? Can you guess? I do so love smart men".

Thinking back to all of his other investigations and, the way the town's men had reacted around him, it struck him. That was the town secret they wouldn't share. This ritual they wouldn't talk about. He looks back for more clues, the man leaving with his elderly mother that Charlotte had talked about, and the lack of elders in the village. He couldn't, however, name a ritual that could cause this. "This.....is my first encounter with this ritual. I'm sorry i can not name it." Also seeing that she was going to help him, he sheaths and clips his weapons away, and looks at the creature. "If you can understand me, your free to go."

The creature scampered away into the foliage.

"I shall make it clear to you then, hunter" the witch chuckled, her heavy breast heaving up and down. "The villagers have a tradition, it's not even a magic ritual per-se..When a villager is too old and is nothing but a burden, they carry them to the forest and leave them there to die. These creatures are the angry spirits of the elders, though they too once did the same to their elders..So tell me..What will you do now?"

Zetrin's face starts with a contemplative smirk and slowly morphed into a covered rage. "What I'm going to do next is head back and bust some skuls open. How can they do this to their own families." He walks in the direction of the village but punched stops and punched a tree , trying to relieve some of the anger he was feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom