Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Chronicles: Zetrin

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanachan

Supernova
Forgotten Voices

Whereas most men hunt the living, some men hunts the dead. They do it not to make a living, but to protect the world from horrors from beyond the graves. Some do it because of ancient grudges, others for vengeance or even the thrill of being able to feel the thrill of murder without the guilt that normally comes with the act.

Whatever his reason is, the hunter named Zetrin found his way to a quaint village out in the backwater region of Alondar. The arboreal region is home to a group of people who has lived in these lands for centuries. It is an isolated province, far from any major trade routes or roads. In short, it is not a place many people visit.

"This is the region" his guide told him, brushing a stray golden lock from her face. The girl was a fellow hunter, Charlotte. "A hunter said that there are dark creatures spotted in the forest." she added, gazing out across the region. "There's a village there too. Do you want to stay there for the night? Or are you going to go to work immediately?" she asked

"It's been a long trip, I believe we should rest. I'll be ready to work by morning, and you to do as you wish. I'll pay your inn fee in addition to the what i already owe you for guiding me." Zetrin tells his most recent traveling companion. He would normally want to get straight to work, but the traveling could really wear a person out. The dead would be there the next day, and he wasn't going to make a real dent in their numbers in one day anyway, so the smart decision would be to get ready for the future encounters. "What do you say?"

(diplomacy 1d20+8=11)

Charlotte eyed the hunter from head to toe. "Well, that's a sensible choice" she agreed, walking past him with a grin. "I'm not sharing your bed though, you'll have to try much harder than that"

The village up ahead was very quiet.In total, there were less than twenty buildings, but it was surrounded by a field of wheat which would provide them with more than enough food. The plank by the entrance read 'Longvale', written in deep blue letters. Most of the building had a dim light coming from inside, but the Inn was noticably brighter. It stood much taller than the other buildings, there would be at least 4 levels inside.

"Welcome" The innkeeper, a surly middle aged man greeted the pair as they entered. "The rooms are 5 gold coins each, but the Suite is taken by the Foreigner lady, If you don't mind room with single beds, we have a few left"

Charlotte raised an eyebrow. "A foreigner? In these parts?" she asked curiously. The Innkeeper shrugged, he clearly didn't care who stays in his inn as long as they pay. "How can I help you both tonight?"

"Well a man can try" Zetrin chuckles as they walk down the road towards town. He takes in the sights of the forests, not seeing much in the woods and nothing in the fields around the town. He only saw 2, may be 3 people in town, leaving Zetrin to hope the rest of town was just shy and not in a worse state. The inn was refreshing to say the least, the inside in a much nicer state then outside and the man greeting them was trying to rob them with a high room price.

The mention of a Foreigner how ever, was greatly surprising for the region, not to mention the town. He would have to gather more information on her later, as a new addition like that could be a potential lead. "Two singles if you have them." Zet says as he pulls out the 10 gold for the rooms and sets them one by one quickly on the table before him, allowing for counting easily and for the gold to clink and confirm they were real.

The room that was given to both of them were small, but clean and warm, a nice relief from the cold outdoors. The only problem that night was the couple staying in the suite above Zetrin's room. They would simply not stop fucking, the female howling in bliss over and over, only stopping a few hours after midnight. When morning came, Zetrin would encounter Charlotte as he exited his room.

"Good morning" She yawned. "Did the couple keep you up too?" she asked

(Sense motive dc 17, if you are succesful, you know that Charlotte is slightly jealous of the girl having so much fun)

(Sense motive d20+6=22)

More then a little surprised that Charlotte was just outside his room, Zetrin quickly analyzes the woman and realizes he hears a slight jealous touch to her voice. "Aaahhh, yea. They were really going at it. I'm sure they kept the whole inn up." Zetrin leans back against the wall next to his door, assuming she was going to want to talk for a little.

"Guy must have been a stud" Charlotte smirked playfully, crossing his arm. "Seeing as could not sleep, I took a walk in the dead of the morning and I saw a man going into the forest with an older woman. Perhaps his mother. It was towards the west, whereas the sighting of the dark ones were at the north..I just thought you might want to know" she told him.

"Hhhmmmm, Yea that helps a little. Parents teach their children most of the time, as you well know, I will watch the west while I'm here, it might spread that way." Zetrin takes a few moments to think about his current job and what he will have to do while here, his usual pattern might not work here as the town seemed to quiet yesterday. "Well, how much do i owe you again for guiding me here?"

"No, Zetrin, you don't understand..The son was an adult, the mother was an old woman who can't even walk" Charlotte added with a grim tone. "As for me..I think I'm going to follow the pair. You can either follow me, go north, or, if you're one of those patient types, you can gather information here in this village. Maybe the foreigner is involved. You can pay me when we're done with the hunt"

"Aaahhh, well that changes things a little." Zetrin thinks again for a moment, then continues. "Fair enough, payment after. As for now, I'll go ahead and gather what i can from the village, then head west. Unless i find anything that needs immediate attention, I'll be back here no later then an hour after dark. You know what to do if I'm not back." Zet says, his tone serious as he implies the hunter code of find the body or at least a personal affect and return it to their family. "Anything to add before we split up?"

"Well" Charlotte grinned, leaning closer to whisper in his ears "If you survive until tonight, I might let you try and get me in your bed once more" she said before walking away, her hips swaying in a more inviting way than usual. Listening to the foreigner getting fucked hard seemed to have gotten her in the mood.

There are people in the wheatfield now, but also in the bar and blacksmith

Zetrin watches the woman walk away, more then a little excited to get to try again to sleep with this beautiful woman. As she disappears around the corner Zetrin's mind clears a little and he starts to focus on his real task. He checks his gear before head out of the inn, and going straight towards the bar wanting to hit those patrons before the ale clogged their minds to much.

There were few people in the bar, most of the villagers were working. The only people there was the innkeeper who also runs the bar, and a tall burly traveller. "She was insatiable that woman" the large man chuckled as the bartender handed him over a bottle of wine. "I wonder if all woman from the far east are as hungry as her..Or as tight, I tell you, her cunt was a work of art, I never had a woman wrap around my cock like this one" he boasted, the bartender not impressed though slightly envious.

"Aaahhh, so you were the man keeping everyone up last night. Good work with that woman, sounds like you really gave her a work through." Zetrin says, walking to stand by the man and starting the conversation about something the man cared about. An easy way to get people to talk with strangers.

"I did" he chuckled "Apparently, the men from the far east are rather unimpressive between the legs, she told me her husband's cock was only half as big as mine, easy work..But she's tireless, even now she still wants more" the man said, half bragging, half complaining.

"Hm, well then. I wonder where her energy comes from?" Zetrin thinks alot, turning away from the man so he knows that he doesn't need to answer. "Not any kind of magic I've heard of." Again, thinking out loud. "You wouldn't happen to know where she is would you? I just have a few questions for her?"

(Diplomacy d20+9=15)

"She's just a nymph, friend" the man chuckled "Though she does work some magic with her tongue and last night, she used this little ritual from her homeland. I tell you, it got my cock hard as a rock. She's upstairs in our room, but you stay away from her you hear? She's mine" the man scowled possesively

"And yours she is, I have my eye on another. Anyways, I should be moving on, the dark ones around here won't kill themselves, nor reveal their master." Zetrin moves towards the door. If no one approaches him, he heads straight for blacksmith. He needed to check with the man or woman if they had made any weird symbols recently.

The blacksmith is a tall lanky man with dirty blonde hair. "No, nothing like that" he said, hitting a piece of metal with his hammer. "This is a peaceful village, we only make farming tools"

(sense motive)

He was not showing it, but he was nervous. He didn't want him to know something, something that is a secret of the village. Whatever this secret is, it would be something embarassing or despicable.

Getting a feeling of the man before him being nervous, he leans in and talks in a low voice. "Look, I'm here to help the town. If you know anything that can help me, I need to know. I promise on my name that I will not tell anyone anything you tell me."

(Diplomacy d20+9=15)

"Look..Stranger" The blacksmith said in a cold tone. "You're not from here..We like our way of lives here and we don't need any outsiders to come in here and tell us what to do" he was slightly more hostile sounding by now. "Just enjoy your stay, and once you're done, you continue your trip to wherever it is you're headed"

Two more villagers came over and sat nearby to watch the conversation. Unarmed, but large and burly. Farmers most likely

"Fair enough, but here is my destination, and work isn't much fun." Zetrin tells the smith as he backs away. "You have a good day sir. Gentlemen" he tips his head to the two men as he walks past them, the heat from the forge starting to get to him slightly.

He bumped into a fammiliar figure as he went away from the smithy.

"There you are" Charlotte said. "I followed the path, and I met the man returning home..The mother, however, was not on the carriage during his trip back"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom