Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Who Runs the World? An MnM game

Cora von Fotze

Super-Earth

Rules thread
Sheet thread

In talking with a dear friend I got the idea for a Superhero campaign in the Marvel universe and I wanted to open up the setting to other people interested in joining us. You can play either a Marvel Cannon Character (I'm reserving Sue Richards/Invisible Woman and Ororo, Queen of Wakanda (Storm of the X-Men)) or an Original Character that fits the setting and characters can be either Heroes or Villains, I'm fine with both as PCs as they'll be build according to the same rules.

As for a story, I'm thinking that in response to the Avengers Initiaitive and the Iron Man Pax nations around the world are recruiting to fill the ranks of their own officiall sanctioned team of Supers to represent their interests and reasert their importance to world. These nations are offering all sorts of perks, great wealth, diplomatic immunity, access to hyper tech, etc. Of course, for the less savory types, organized crime syndicates are always looking for people with low morals and unique skills and the only limits to the rewards afforded are the expertise and ambition of the individual. For B list Supers there's always becoming a municipal defender, reality TV star, or the old school day job/nighttime vigilantee option open. So play can any form from slice of life, true crime, city level threa events to global/cosmic level threats... And... Ofcourse, there's something going on in the shadows, behind the headlines, in the quiet corner of places of power that might touch the lives of your character... Or not... That remains to be seen. Also, seeing as we're here... Naughty, smutty, sexy, slutty play is allowed/encouraged (to be negotiated by players in a scene before it launches).

We'll be using the M&M rules to make characters, I've found this SRD for MnM 3e. It covers the basics and is missing some powers, but it's a good start. I know the rulebook is available as a PDF locatable with a search for "Mutants and Masterminds 3" I'll expand on this in a Rules post but the basics of the campaign are:

1. Characters start at Power Level 10 with 150 Power Points
  2. Trade Offs: I'd really like to keep the 'swing' between stat pairs to stay within +2 of each other

I'm more then happy to help with character creation, point allocation and plot development. I have ideas for story arcs but want to have the partnership of all players in bringing this to life.

Hope folks are interested in this,

Xoxo
Cora

So Hana's done, and it was an education into how to use that excel sheet. It's pretty cool the way it has you build powers in it. That took me a bit to figure out, but was worth it. I gave her a basic Damage attack to represent her Sword fighting style's damage. Then I based some Alternate effects based off it and didn't make them Dynamic since they're all 'attacks', a BLinding attack with Dazzle and a nasty attack vs. A single target. I also made sure to give her a skill spread that suppots the idea of her as a contrator for bad people and took the Connected Advantage to represent the people she has a working relationship with. I'll work up the other 2 later, but a bunch of you are making OCs so I thought I'd bang one out first.

Nope, I want people to play what they would like to play regardless of experience with the system and what others are playing. The best stories come when folks are dieing to see what is going to happen next to characters they care oodles about.

Side note... the equipment I listed... was taken directly off the equipment list on the site. However, I plan to make changes. Also, I am having troubles locating the male kit.

It's in the rules thread... Wanted to make sure folks peeked at it.

Pack 1 - Male
  • Add 2 to your Intellect - So Intellect 3 becomes 5
  • Add 1 Rank of Equipment - boys do love their toys, no?

Pack 2 - Female
  • Add 2 to your Presence - So Presence 3 becomes 5
  • Add 1 Rank of Attractive - does this really need explaining?

And ... I offically hate adaptive nanotech armor and any other effect that make you immune to all major saves... But evil GM girl me says, "oooo... Take it... I can already see what fun foes will have with it... Muwhahaha!"

Hehehehehe

Oops, I accidentally posted my character already. Do you want me to delete it?

I like the template you made, makes it easier to calculate everything

So long as everyone is cool with the sheets, for now, being working drafts then sure, post your sheet. I just ask younleave the red "work in progress" note until I give you the green light on your character build.

Thanks for saying so n-chan, I tried to make it as much of a chargen crib sheet as i could without having it become a real bear.

Sorry for being quiet; been a busy day for me. I'll work on the sheet once I have some continuous free time.

HIhi my lovelies. I'll be off and on today, so don't hesistate from sending questions/ideas my way.

As of right now as PCs we have

Lyku's Benjamin Crane, SHIELD Agent, going it alone as he tries to do good in a topseeturvy world
Nanachan's Ares, a God who brings new meaning to "Deadbeat Dad"
BadAnime's Lady Loki, an Asgardian abroad
And in the wings, Silverknight's Amon Seiryuu, Swordsman/Ronin looking to help those who need him

As NPCs
Hana, Death's beautiful dancer, sword for hire hedonist

I'm fine with each character having their own story going but am also open to any team ups/cross purposes stories happening as well. Say Ares going to Benjamin to help find his son, Loki meeting Amon and deciding she could do worse for company and a defender, or all characters draw to a Big Threat (tm) to resolve it for their own reasons.

Think about it and tell me what you want :)

When are you planning on starting the game? I'm having trouble building a PL10 Loki that would does him justice; if you plan on starting soonish, would you mind terribly if I bringing another character or an OC?

You can bring in any character you'd like... I want to start at PL 10 so everyone's balanced... Just make it someone fun

If you're staying with Loki you could say that in this reincarnation (s)he's lost access to some powers... His/her motivation could be Power: to reclaim all the power I've lost and get payback on whoever/whatever did this to me.

And don't forget a lot of what Loki can do would be Alternate powers of the Magic Power you buy... Spells and tricks she still remembers from before.

As for when I see starting... Soon... I'd love to get going next week... Or sooner if folks are done with their characters. I need to work up the other 2 I'm playing and help Silverknight with his.

I'm ready to start with the characters I've approved. If anyone needs help with their characters, please speak up. I don't want this game to die on the vine :)

I edited the stats (didn't take into account +2 int)

anything else you want me to change?

nanachan said:
I edited the stats (didn't take into account +2 int)

anything else you want me to change?

Is cool. Also, Lyku mentioned to me that you could look at how you did your equipment and that if you bought it as Equipment, you'd get a few points back.

Back
Top Bottom