Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Who Runs the World? An MnM game

Cora von Fotze

Super-Earth

Rules thread
Sheet thread

In talking with a dear friend I got the idea for a Superhero campaign in the Marvel universe and I wanted to open up the setting to other people interested in joining us. You can play either a Marvel Cannon Character (I'm reserving Sue Richards/Invisible Woman and Ororo, Queen of Wakanda (Storm of the X-Men)) or an Original Character that fits the setting and characters can be either Heroes or Villains, I'm fine with both as PCs as they'll be build according to the same rules.

As for a story, I'm thinking that in response to the Avengers Initiaitive and the Iron Man Pax nations around the world are recruiting to fill the ranks of their own officiall sanctioned team of Supers to represent their interests and reasert their importance to world. These nations are offering all sorts of perks, great wealth, diplomatic immunity, access to hyper tech, etc. Of course, for the less savory types, organized crime syndicates are always looking for people with low morals and unique skills and the only limits to the rewards afforded are the expertise and ambition of the individual. For B list Supers there's always becoming a municipal defender, reality TV star, or the old school day job/nighttime vigilantee option open. So play can any form from slice of life, true crime, city level threa events to global/cosmic level threats... And... Ofcourse, there's something going on in the shadows, behind the headlines, in the quiet corner of places of power that might touch the lives of your character... Or not... That remains to be seen. Also, seeing as we're here... Naughty, smutty, sexy, slutty play is allowed/encouraged (to be negotiated by players in a scene before it launches).

We'll be using the M&M rules to make characters, I've found this SRD for MnM 3e. It covers the basics and is missing some powers, but it's a good start. I know the rulebook is available as a PDF locatable with a search for "Mutants and Masterminds 3" I'll expand on this in a Rules post but the basics of the campaign are:

1. Characters start at Power Level 10 with 150 Power Points
  2. Trade Offs: I'd really like to keep the 'swing' between stat pairs to stay within +2 of each other

I'm more then happy to help with character creation, point allocation and plot development. I have ideas for story arcs but want to have the partnership of all players in bringing this to life.

Hope folks are interested in this,

Xoxo
Cora

I've been getting PMs from people interested in the game, Yay!

Don't be shy, feel free to post here... I don't bite... Well... I do...when I'm being naughty...

Anywhoo a few quick things that have come up in the PMs:

1. No prior MnM knowledge required to join, just a willingness to play someone Super and use the rules to facilitate fun stories

2. The MnM rules will help everyone define their character and will be our "go to" for managing intercharacter conflict and such.

3. I will be GMing the game but my style is loose and collaborative meaning I don't want to force people through storylines, I'd much rather work with everyone to anchor plots in their characters, their hopes, dreams, ambitions, kinks etc.

4. Once a few folks pop in here and post, I'll start up a rules thread, sheet thread, ooc and IC thread.

5. Feel free to reach out to me at anytime

I believe I'm one of the people who PMed you, and the volunteering rules lawyer...I mean adviser. :p

*huggles my 'mean advisor'*

Thanks so much BadAnime, for your interest in the game and your offer to help me with it. I do see this as a bit of a 'rules light' game, meaning, I want to see more roleplaying then Roll-playing. The rules are there to foreward the stories we'll tell together and give us a common structure to things not to be something tedious and boring.

Oh! Any thoughts on the character(s) you want to bring in. I'm thinking, at first, to say 2 charries per person Max, as we launch this.

Oh, are we going for a teamup? Well, this IS the marvel Universe, I think any teamup is doable with the right plot (I mean Cable and Deadpool were a team for a long time)

Cora von Fotze said:

I'm not mean at all. Honest!

Cora von Fotze said:
Oh! Any thoughts on the character(s) you want to bring in. I'm thinking, at first, to say 2 charries per person Max, as we launch this.

That would depend on the type of permissible characters. I know you said OC or canon characters, but what about alternate version of canon characters?

Either way, my top runners are Lady Loki, Black Widow and Emma Frost, or any OCs I might cook up. Gonna be tough choose just two, though. :p

BadAnime said:
Cora von Fotze said:

I'm not mean at all. Honest!

Protest too much... Much??? *giggles*

BadAnime said:
Cora von Fotze said:

That would depend on the type of permissible characters. I know you said OC or canon characters, but what about alternate version of canon characters?

Either way, my top runners are Lady Loki, Black Widow and Emma Frost, or any OCs I might cook up. Gonna be tough choose just two, though. :p

I'm open to all sorts of things, so long as the character is made within the rules and we work out plot hooks for them.

Oooo Lady Loki... Always had a weakness for her...
lady_loki_by_sunsetagain-d6tyzct.jpg
LadyLokifull903681.jpg

tumblr_lx9e8uMObv1qguw40o1_1280.jpg
And going that route could put you deeper into the meta-plot that's going on... No pressure though... I want you to play who you want to play. OCs are happily accepted.

EXACTLY, BadAnime

Awesome, Lyku... Feel free, here or in PM to discuss character concepts. Sharing that info publically will help me/all of us get a sense of the scope of the world..

Heheheh Hey BadAnime... Want Lady Loki to be head of the Superteam Denmark???

Of a key player in a Villian cabal... Or were you thinking of keeping her more a free agent?

Well, all of those options sounds good to me. I do like the idea of her being the head of a team, or a free agent that just sometimes hangs out with another team. Or maybe both - keep people guessing!

BTW, how do we hadlle PL and such? Lady Loki would be quite powerful in M&M...or any other system, for that matter.

Oh, everyone's PL 10... Regardless of character backstory... Unless someone wants to be a lower PL, I'd be fine with that :)

LL will have Magic, the most versatile of all Powers... But like everything, it's in how you spend your points.

I've got to handle a few things, but I think there's sufficient interest in thread for me to do a rules thread and a character sheet thread later today. :)

Randome sexy Loki pics!
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2365981
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2365979
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1549294

nanachan said:
Oh, are we going for a teamup? Well, this IS the marvel Universe, I think any teamup is doable with the right plot (I mean Cable and Deadpool were a team for a long time)

Team ups or if someone wants to bring in the Streaker (A speedster whose friction defense only woks on them, not their cloths) and also play Magneto they could :) *hugs*

BTW Ares + Lady Loki = godly hotness... Just saying ;)

Cora von Fotze said:
BTW Ares + Lady Loki = godly hotness... Just saying ;)

What about Thor + Lady Loki for the incest fun? :p

(I know they're not related by blood, but the bromance is strong in this one)

nanachan said:
oh we can do a god-squad kind of deal!

If we all play gods/cosmic heroes, we can get a higher PL! XD

*spanks BadAnime for being... Bad...* hehehe no, I'd make you all PL 1 Gods... And you'd have to figure out, who got m'powah!!!! :p

Oooo now there's a thought...

*evil GM look in m'eyes*

If we get a Thor, cool... Mmmm... What if it was a lady Thor???

lady_thor_and_lady_loki_by_fish_ghost-d4zfoaz.jpg

So, can you take a quick look at my sheet again? I think that's actually 150 unless I misunderstand something (Of course the stats are not within 2 of each other since I thought Ares is a caveman, which means inteligence and maybe pressence should be low, but I can change that if you want me to)

Okay, here's a random amusing idea: since Loki's scheme removed him from the Book of Hel, he is truly immortal, and at one point in the manga he reincarnated into a young boy in France. Well, what if he incarnated into a young woman instead?

Character Idea:

Note: If something on my sheet is wrong, please tell me. I am figuring out this system.

Name: Benjamin Crane
Character Model: [Google: Rude Advent Children]

Strength - 7
Stamina - 7
Agility - 7
Dexterity - 7
Fighting - 7
Awareness - 7
Intelligence - 7
Presence - 7
== 112 Total ==

Advantages
Jack of All Trades - 1
Ultimate Skill: Investigation - 1
Seize Initiative - 1
Fearless - 1
Luck 5 - 5
Improved Initiative 5 - 5
Equipment 14 - 14

Skills
Investigation 10 - 10

----
Stats - 112
Skills - 10
Advantages - 28
Points - 150

---

Equipment 14 - > 70 Equipment Points -> Adaptive Nanoarmor

This is a GM call, but what counts as Equipment and what counts as Device is heavily dependent upon the setting. In a Golden Age sci-fi setting where everyone has their own personal spaceship and sexbot, an Adaptive Nanoarmor is likely to be just an Equipment; Marvel, as one of the mainstream superheroes setting, work on the assumption that everyday people live much like they do in real world, with highly advanced piece of tech like Stark's power armor or Doc Ock's tentacles being accessible to the selective few in the form of Devices. In short, I think given Marvel's default tech level, an Adaptive Nanoarmor should have been a Device instead of equipment; after all, even SHIELD or Hydra would barely have any.

Ok, let me say, I feel like crap atm so if what comes next sounds bitchee i apologize in advance.

I'm not going to consider any character submitted that
  • isn't on the character sheet in the Sheet thread
  • Lacks Motivation and 2 Other Complications
  • Doesn't note the Male and female package, which ever is appropriate to the character
  • Feels way to min-max-ee (Weighted heavily Toward one thing and lack 'support'. I.e. a Doctor with lots of Treattment but no Expertise Science)

Also, simple rule re: Equiptment vs. Power ...

If it sounds like a Power, it's a Power

iPod - Equiptment (can be bought 'off the shelf')
Crystaline, Audio-Vibratory Recorder - Power

Ultimately, in the MnM setting, everything is an effect with modifiers. A Car is a Movement Effect with Flaws like Activation, Check Required, Noticable, etc. Am i going to say every human with a car has a power, no, it's. Equiptment... But anyone with a flying car should stat it up like a power. Why? That way we all know what it can do.

I have started to put up 3 characters I will be playing. I replied to the first post and edited it in the response. I will be finishing them up in the upcoming days. Feel free to look them over as examples of what things can look like where the level of detail is concerned.

Also, Hana was created as a Rival to PC. I am happy to see people chose Rival, Enemy, Relationships etc but it could be fun for folks to float those to the group if they want a lot of RP with the character. Rivals, as they are of equal power as the PC will probably be the only ones who need a sheet.

They all look very cool! Will have to ponder about Rivals and such.

BTW, what do you think about the idea of a reincarnated Loki?

Sounds cool as a take on Loki, the key will be the Motivation and Complications...

Also, I have been playing with an excel Character Sheet that does the numbers crunching for you. It can be found here and it seems to be working well.

Back
Top Bottom