Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The city of everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gnalus opened his eyes to find the black haired woman looking down framed by the sky, he sat up and stretched his back, groaning and stifling a yawn "sounds good, lets get to it" he stated plainly, standing and once more donning his armor.

Once he was ready he quickly pulled some trail rations from his pack, eating them hungrily and letting Lulu prepare whatever she had too before they left to deal with this golem.

The scout team informed them that the fresh ruin was located south of the camp. The two had traverse some rough terrains to get there. "I'm not sure that your full-plate armor is ideal for expeditions" Lulu said, looking over her shoulders as they stand in front of a steep incline made of jutting rocks. "For that matter..Neither is this skirt" she said, undoing the buckles that made up her gown. Underneath it, she was wearing a sensual lace underwear, a thigh high and nothing else. "Come then, start climbing" she said, scaling the wall.

(Climb check)

He was a bit distracted by her sudden stripping, he tried not to look at her too much, but he soon followed her example, removing some of his bulkier bits of armor "It is not quite full plate fortunately, I think I'll manage." he let her get some feet ahead of him before beginning his ascent, trying not to get too distracted by her ass or her long legs.

He gripped at the stone and the bits of ivy that grew on it, thankfully plant life wasn't extinct here, only animals and whatever peoples may have called it home.

(3+17-5= 15 climb check)

The vines were strong enough, but rubbery. It held his weight well, and once he got close to the top, Lulu reached out to help him. "Enjoyed the view, did you Gnalus?" she asked with a chuckle. Up ahead, beyond a narrow bridge, they can see the ruins. Right in front of the entrance, blocking their way was a stone statue with a humanoid outline but no discerning features. No face, no mouth, it was almost like a manequin except it had four arms.

"The Golem" Lulu said, crossing her arms."We met some of them before, they'll come to life once you get within 30 feet of them, or if they are under attack. Now..How would you like us to do this?" Lulu asked.

He glanced at her and went a bit red "hard to look anywhere else frankly" he smirked and with her assistance he was up on the top of the rough climb, looking at the creature that stood in there way. "30 feet" he stated simple, his eyes gave off a soft blue glow as he looked at the creature, a sight gifted to those of his order to see evil, many of his abilities were more effective against creatures that were as such, so he liked to know going into a fight if he had those extra abilities available, he assumed that a creature without a true mind wouldn't be considered evil, but he thought it wort a shot anyway.

"I don't know what you are capable of, so I suppose something simple is in order, I'll draw its attention and get up close to it, you hit it with whatever you have"

(using detect evil on it, as well as a knowledge Arcana roll to see if I can learn more about it, but it's only a 6 so I doubt it XD)

"I can use my spells, but If I do, it will come after me and ignore you" Lulu said, standing behind the Paladin. "So I need you to attack it first and distract it, then I can rain down spells on it"

The Golem itself possessed no evil pressence, and while Gnalus recognized that there were arcane runes around it's fists and body, he was not able to read them. Most likely, this is because they are written in a language he does not recognize.

"sounds like a plan" he stated simply, drawing his sword and turning to face the metallic creature, he affixed his shield as well and stood ready, testing the limits of its range, ready to get in and attack it when the creature reacted to him, he'd have to keep it from her, she wouldn't be able to last long if the thing got too close.

Gnalus stepped within what he thought to be thirty feet an awaited the creatures movement, not wanting to charge right in just yet, he was confident they could handle it, but he found himself wondering if they should have brought some of the others as well.

As if on cue, the runes on the golem flared up brightly for a second. It sensed his pressence even without eyes or ears and without delay, it charged towards him. "Look out!" Lulu yelled

(Initiative roll, his is 7. If you go first, make your move immediately)

(17 on initiative)

Gnalus, anticipating the golem suddenly coming to life, charged forward and raised his sword to attack the creature, bringing it down against its strange, multi-armed form.

(11+8=19 to hit, 7 damage if it does)

Metal clashed against stone, chipping it lightly. It had no tendons to cut, making a sword less effective. The Golem made no sound, no reaction, the only sound around them were it's heavy footsteps and the woosh of air as it swung it's big granite arms.

(attack rolls are 14 and 24, 8 damage if the second one connects. I'm sure the first one misses)

Then, out of nowhere, balls of fire emerged, causing an explosion that sent searing heat all around the Golem. Gnalus can feel it on his face, and the Golem reeled momentarily.

"You need to bludgeon it with something!" Lulu yelled

"Do you see a hammer hanging from my waist?" he called to her, he didn't exactly anticipate showing up here, let alone having to fight a golem, so he was limited in his options, he managed to avoid one swing, taking the other on his shield, sending pain up his arm, he grit his teeth and brought his shield up, bringing the edge of it smashing into the chest of the golem.

(19+7=26 to hit, for 2+3=5 damage)

The shield made a bigger dent than the blade did, and the Golem staggered back. If it felt pain, it showed no sign, but it retaliated with fury (he rolled a crit but a 1 on the confirm, the other one is 12. The nat 20 auto-hits for 7 damage)

Another blast of fire caught the golem, this time causing it to crumble slightly. Just a little bit more and it would be destroyed.

The golem was thankfully not as sturdy as he might have anticipated, but it still hit hard and he did not have his shield up to block this one, he felt his ribs crack and he groaned, but he stood firm and once again raised his shield, swinging into the rock creatures side as hard as he could muster.

(10+7=17 to hit, for 3+3=6 damage)

The golem flailed about, but his attacks went wide, and with one last blast of fire, Lulu took it down, the magic binding the ancient construct together seemingly fading away as it broke into pieces.

(300 xp obtained)

Walking towards the rubble, Lulu gave a slight smile towards the Paladin. "Quite skilled you are" she said. "Ready to explore the ruins?"

He watched the thing fall, waiting for it to crumble before he lowered his guard.

He looked up to the ruins before him, touching his chest and healing some of his wounds, turning to look at Lulu "I'm impressed with you as well, let's get to it" he smiled at her.

Behind the golem, was a tunnel built into the very cliffs itself. Lulu walked on ahead, placing her hand against the runic carvings on the walls. "It makes you wonder, doesn't it?" she asked Gnalus. "The people of this world are so advanced in terms of magic, yet something or someone wiped them out, leaving only ruins..What could have done such a thing?"

the two came to an intersection, to their left was a staircase and to their right a large room. "Or maybe they left this world of their own volition..Either way, where would you like to go? Left, or right?"

He nodded "strange indeed, I wonder if the plants have always been here or have they grown over?" he questioned, he assumed whatever had made the people disappear must have been something that didn't really affect the land, suggesting an invasion or some plague or disease, though this was merely a guess.

He looked at one, then the other "I like to make sure the same floor is empty before I go up, don't want something nasty taking us from behind" he chuckled and turned to the right, walking g to the door and peering in.

(17 perception)

The next room had holes on the wall, looking out to the other side of the cliffs where a sea of trees can be seen below. Gnalus also found a small container filled with triangular metalic objects with runes written on it.

"Quite the find" Lulu said,scanning the room. "That forest down there is new, we thought the entire world was nothing but shattered cliffs, we should go there for our next expedition" she nodded. "Those runic plates can be sold in Everywhere for cash though..Are you ready to go up?"

(Runic Plates x 5 obtained)

He looked out and watched the forest for a few moments, it was quite a sight and he agreed that they should see that next time, before examining the runic plates, they looked quite interesting but he supposed they were mostly decoration of they had no value to the expidition besides monetary.

"yes let's go on" he agreed and headed out of the room to go up the stairs.

The stairs led to a room with stone table or altar of sorts. Pillars of light came through holes on the ceiling, it was a dead end. Lulu, however, seemed pleased. "Ah..A flat surface" she said happily, walking over towards it, sitting on the altar and crossing her legs. "Now..Since we're alone and far from everyone else in camp..Perhaps you'd like to try and put my husband's sexual prowess to shame..That is, if you're man enough to make me scream your name"

He looked around, and sighed a bit "well...a dead end, lovely" it seemed there wasn't as much to this place as they anticipated, or it had been somehow blocked off or perhaps it was a secret entrance.

His heart skipped a beat as she moved to the altar and spoke "I'm sorry?" he blinked, she wanted to...in here? he sighed and rubbed his head, moving to her "are you sure that's such a good idea? their could be a nasty monster waiting in some secret wall over there" he pointed off in an unimportant direction, but still he stood near her, as if debating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom