Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The city of everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanachan

Supernova
The city of everywhere. Many different culture has many different names for it. Some believes it is an afterlife where ghosts converge. Other believes it is the world of gods and others think it's merely a myth. Those who found the city however, knows the truth. It is a world between many other worlds, one that can take you anywhere you want if you know the proper exits. Planar travellers visit the place constantly, some by accident and some on purpose, but all those who found it would soon view the universe differently, for the truth is that no world is unique, which can make your head spin if you try to grasp the vastness of it.

Today, a portal opened once more, leading a new planeswalker to his adventures. White embers of pure astral energy spun in the air like fireflies, making it impossible to see anything except a shapely silhouette of a decidedly feminine figure.

"Welcome to everywhere" the silhouette said in a friendly tone. "This is your first time here, isn't it? I will be your guide. My name is Eve and I represent the lord of everywhere, can you tell me where you are from, sir?" she asked again.

The white light finally died out, letting the new planeswalker see his surrounding..as well as his guide

He blinked as light flooded his vision, what was going on? he had walked out into the light from a bar and the light had simply gotten brighter. Wherever he was now it wasn't the small town he had been staying in. He blinked several times more and listened to this woman speaking to him "every...where?" he asked. She was dressed strangely, the city around him was just as strange, yet she seemed perfectly at home like she had done this a thousand times.

The man that stood before her was tall and gruff He looked more human then elf, having only the slightest points to his ears, he gazed at the woman still, occasionally glancing around as well.

"I am Gnalus and how exactly did I come to be here?" he asked her, sounding a bit defensive, randomly teleporting out of nowhere did not spell good luck for him.

"Yes, Everywhere, the city that exist between many worlds. Some people do end up here by accident..Either a wild portal opened up, or they found a planar artifact" Eve explained, folding her arms which accidentally pushed up her very impressive breasts. "It would seem your case is the former..We could help you go back immediately, but wouldn't you rather explore this city first?..I guarantee you, there's much to be discovered. From the expedition to the frontiers, to the League, to the..Butterfly Palace, all of them would be unforgettable" she said with a smile.

"So, Is there anything you want to know about this place?"

He looked at her for a few moments, exploration huh? that was always his main prerogative, ancient ruins, caverns older then civilizations, forgotten cities, these were all things he wanted too and had seen. So the offer of an unlimited number of worlds to explore was indeed very very intriguing. He watched her, unable to keep his eyes from occasionally darting down to her chest "So how do I visit these other places? the city seems fairly normal enough, even if it is filled with the most unusual of people and buildings" he meant that the city, despite its odd architecture and peoples, had no visible portals, no means of teleportation that he could currently see.

Gnalus brought his gaze back to the woman, clearly their was some trick to it, maybe an item, he could only hope this wouldn't cost him, but everything seemed to have a cost in the world.

"You'll need to join an expedition team if you want to go to the frontiers" Eve said, perfectly comfortable with being ogled, in fact, a smile crept onto the corner of her lips. "Go to the gate to just down this road, you'll find the explorer's guild..Find Quistis, she'll set you up with one of the expedition teams"

Even motioned towards the direction he needs to take. "Oh..Also, planeswalker..If you find a Planar Rose in your expedition? Bring them to me and i'll be sure to...Reward you well" she smiled, licking her lips sultrily.

He blinked, nodding "alright, thank you" he smiled in a friendly way, trying not to show that he noticed the obvious gaze she had given him, what was a planar rose? He wondered casually.

"I'll head over there right now, thanks a lot for your assistance Eve"

The handsome young paladin walked past her, off towards the building she had pointed out to him, wondering who this Quistis person would be.

The building was easily found, it had a logo in front and the inside is filled by many people in adventuring gears, talking to one another about their last expedition. As everyone else in the city, they all wore varying types of clothes. Behind a counter in the back of the room, is a stunning woman with silky blonde hair, the name tag on her table read 'Guild Leader Quistis'.

"Greetings" she said with a smile as Gnalus came up to her. "You're looking for an expedition?" she asked. "You look new here, have you ever joined an expedition before in your homeworld?"

He walked up and offered the woman a smile, despite the world changing around him people seem mostly the same, even if they wore odd clothing.

"I haven't, though I understand the general concept, it's a search for something, ancient ruins and such right? Seems like something an adventurer would take too easily enough" Gnalus looked to her nameplate, an odd name, but the woman was attractive.

"That is correct, and the city of everywhere connects to all realities, worlds both living and ruined..The adventurer's guild is tasked in exploring uncivilized worlds as well as ruined worlds to collect resources and knowledge. The reason we only pick these worlds is purely ethical, we do not feel right stealing from worlds that are still colonized by sentient beings"

The blonde woman pushed up her glasses and pulled out a stack of documents. "Right now we have three expeditions, Lulu's trip to the Ruined world of Alera prime, Miss Fortune's expedition to the coral world of Neyru and Xiang Hua and Kilik's excavation in the abandoned shrine world of K'xel..does any of these interest you?"

"I suppose that makes sense, if you took from populated worlds I guess that'd be no better then being a bandit huh" it was a larger scale but really the only difference between an adventurer and a thief was adventurers waited until the owners were dead before taking the treasure. Usually anyways...

For what felt like the eighth time that day he just blankly looked at someone for several seconds, a bunch of names and places he didn't recognize, even there style of wording was unfamiliar.

"Um...Alera Prime? that sounds interesting I suppose, sign me up for that one" at the end of the day he could swing a sword and fight, that would make him useful even if he didn't have the slightest clue where he was right? so what if he was lost on an alien world....he tried to avoid thinking about that part too much, he'd find his way back home eventually.

The woman named Lulu was exotic, even more than the others Gnalus has met during his brief stay in Everywhere. Her pale skin was a contrast to the jet black ensemble of her outfit, which was made from leather. Her gown was made from interlocking belt buckles, which showed off the slightest view of her thighs. Her shoulders were bare and Gnalus can see her cleavage nicely.

"This man is new to Everywhere" Quistis said as introduction. "Greetings" the other woman said in an icy yet sensual tone. "The world of Alera Prime is filled with magic and sometimes we come into contact with wild elementals or even constructs, but it is a world that offers much in terms of magical artifacts. If you are interested in joining the expedition, we will leave today"

He looked at this new woman Lulu, smirking a bit too himself "that sounds like a fun time" he said jokingly, the whole thing was a bit confusing, but magical artifacts might lead to a way home, or something more, either way he figured it was his best shot at making his way in this new place. "I'm coming" he said simply with a nod, he was curious how they would get there, some sort of ritual? a spell? he also wondered just how large this expedition would be.

He adjusted his armor, glad he was wearing it and most of his equipment when he walked through that door, else he'd be left with little to defend himself with. He checked himself over, then glanced to the group again "so where are we heading?" he asked, of course he knew where, this Alera Prime, but he was wondering where they would have to go to get there.

Gnalus watched Lulu, was this entire place filled with attractive women? they only seemed to grow more attractive, admittedly he had decided to go on this expedition mostly because of her...

(roll a spot check, 12 or higher means he can see a wedding band on her fingers)

"We'll use the guild's portal" Lulu said. She was joined by a few other men and women, making a total of 10 explorers. "The guild-mage has tuned it to Alera Prime and all we need to do is step through it. Once there, we will establish a base and scout the area". A short walk later and the group reached the portal, which glowed with the same kind of light that Gnalus was exposed to on the way into Everywhere. The raven haired bombshell was the first to jump in, followed by a few more. "Quite an ass on that one" a man said when only he and Gnalus was left behind, then he too jumped inside.

(roll fortitude check btw)

Gnalus only smirked, he wasn't one for talking about a woman behind her back, however appealing that backside was, stepping forward he entered the portal along with this small group of explorers.

He also noticed she had a ring, who was the lucky man who had her to come home too he wondered casually.

(18 on perception, 23 fortitude)

This time, the lights did not nauseate him as much as it did the first time. When he emerged from it, he can see that they are standing on a stone platform, but around them there are sheer cliffs, as if the world itself was torn apart. "Welcome to Alera Prime" Lulu said, turning to face Gnalus and the others, many of which still seem dizzy from their portal-jump. Her eyes turned to Gnalus, somewhat impressed.

"You're adjusting well to the portal despite being new to Planeswalking..Your endurance is quite impressive. I wonder if it translates well into other activities". Turning back to the ruins, Lulu surveyed the area. It was eerily silent, not a sound of bird or whatever animals might live in this world. Only the wind, blowing through the chasms. "We don't know what happened to Alera prime, but there are no signs of living beings..I need volunteers, for scouting and for setting up the camp, which team do you want to be in, Newcomer?" she asked

He offered her a small smirk as she complimented him, he wasn't so sure about going after a married woman, but if she offered... He gazed around, the world felt empty, beyond just the fact that there was nothing living in sight, it was something in the air and the sounds, it was very very wrong. He had dealt with similar situations before, undead had a similar way of creating dread, but it felt as if the whole world was like this.

"Scouting or setting up camp?" he debated, he wanted to see what was out here, but frankly his armor did not agree with him running all over the place for hours "I think I'll stay back for the time being, I am able to heal wounds so it may be best if I keep my abilities for when we truly need them." He reasoned, he only afterwards realized she'd likely be staying back too, he wondered if she took that as a sign he was staying because of her. Gnalus went to the edge of the platform the group stood on and gazed around them, taking in the strange sights of this new world.

half of the men left the camp, while the rest stayed to set up tents. While there are ruins and buildings that they can stay in, Lulu insisted that the structures in Alera Prime are not known for their sturdyness, and that it is safer to stay out in the open. "Gnalus" the expedition leader called out at the Paladin, breaking the silence. "Would you come here? We need your help setting up tents". Already, there were a few small tents being set up on the open ground, Lulu was standing in front of a semi-erect one. "Do you have your own tent?" she asked.

(roll a dexterity check or survival to set up the tent)

"I'm afraid I didn't have my mule and cart when I wound up here" he said with a shrug, this was an exaggeration of course, he had always been one to sleep out under the stars anyways.

He went over to assist Lulu with her tent, something he was not confident in doing, but how hard could it be? sticks and cloth right?

(that would be a natural 1 XD)

Whatever Gnalus was doing, it was not working. The tent limply laid on the ground as the ropes and frame of the tent seemed to not work the way it was meant to. "Hmm.." Lulu mused, watching the futile attempt. "I hope the tent is the only thing you cannot erect..You'll have to stay in another tent" she said bluntly. "Edward's can fit two...so can mine" she told him in a deadpan tone. If she was flirting with him, it was hard to tell.

He sighed in a mixture of frustration and embarrassment, how hard can a tent be? the poles just seemed to be the wrong sizes. Gnalus glanced at Lulu and chuckled "I wouldn't want to intrude on a married woman" he shot back at her. He stood up and sighed as he gazed at the pile of sticks and cloth that had bested him. He didn't know why but he doubted he'd sleep well if he decided to sleep outside the tents, sleeping in pairs seemed the best idea anyways in his mind.

"I must get out of my armor for the time being" he said and sat on a nearby rock, beginning to remove the pieces of his armor that he wore over top his regular clothing.

She made no response to his soft refusal, but kept an eye on him as he stripped. In front of Gnalus, the chasm seemed to go on forever, vanishing into the darkness where even the light of the sun cannot reach. Vegetation, it seems, is the only remaining vestiges of life in this world, though the sculptures set into the stone walls clearly showed that a civilization once thrived here.

"Perhaps you misunderstood" Lulu said. "I was not offering myself to you"

They were farther away from the rest of the crew so that their conversation would not be heard. "This is simply how expeditions go, the culture of Everywhere is perhaps different from your world..And If I was going to fuck a man behind my husband's back..Well, that man must first prove his worth"

He sighed as he removed his armour "I did not intend it that way, my apologies Lady Lulu" he said with a shrug, as he removed his armor she would see he was very muscular, not bulky but very well maintained, thin corded muscles on his arms, powerful legs and fairly broad shoulders, Once he had removed his armor and was finally free of the heat it contained, he sighed and stretched his back, several thin scars traced over his otherwise quite flawless skin, it was said paladins bodies were maintained by the gods and Gnalus could have been an example of that.

He now wore a pair of loose fitting dark grey pants and darker brown boots, he dug around in his pack for a shirt to wear, the one he had under his armor was soaked in sweat after all.

Eventually, the scouting party returned. "We found a virgin ruin, but a golem is standing in front of it, so we didn't go in" one of them told Lulu. "A golem..Very well, I will deal with it in the morning, Gnalus will come with me. For tonight, everyone should get some rest" she said, glancing at Gnalus before retiring to her tent.

lus looked off towards where the group had come from, a golem? They could be tough to deal with, Lulu seemed confident, he hadn't seen her fight at all of course so he could hardly tell if that was warranted, but she must be strong if she was leading the expidition.

He decided to just sleep under the stars as he often did, despite feeling like it may not be the best of ideas. He retrieved his bedroom from his bag and laid it out.

Morning came quietly, as silent as the night. Rays of light fell through the canopies and over the camp. Those who kept watch during the night retired, and those who rested took their place. Lulu emerged from her camp and walked over towards Gnalus. "Wake up, Gnalus. It's time to test your blade"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom