Reach out to the Abyss (Mysterica & Malfrost)

Tear slept soundlessly through the night, completely curled around one of Yosuke's arms to the point that it would take some time for Yosuke to actually extract himself from her grip. By the time he finally did, something might make itself apparent. There was a scent that shouldn't have been there, the smell of something... something that was burning.

Yosuke's life was about to get a good deal more interesting.

Milla Maxwell stood at the stove, contemplating a burnt and lumpy stack of "I Can't Believe They're Suppose to be Pancakes". "I followed all the instructions. Is... this not low heat?" she asked. The fire was raging beneath the pan and there were whole eggshells visible in the pancakes.

She prodded the pancake in the pan with the spatula, flipping it over and tearing it in half as she went.

"... I'm certain it will be fine," she said.

Yosuke couldn't help but wonder where that burning smell was coming from, when he walked into the kitchen, he was in for a shock. Standing in his kitchen, with something that was suppose to resemble or be pancakes. He stood there, looking stupid as he yawned and rubbed his eyes, believing it to be nothing more then a dream or him just being tired.

When he realized the blonde hadn't vanished, he had a small mental freakout that he managed to contain to himself. He drew in a deep breath....maybe this is what Igor was talking about. Maybe this girl knew Tear. First though, he had to learn more about her. He stepped towards her and gave her a small wave. "Hello...do you mind if I ask who you are and what you are doing in my kitchen?" He asked her politely and with a smile, hoping he could reason with her.

Milla turned on her heel as a young man approached her from behind. She glanced from him to the "pancakes" and picked up the plate, offering them to him. "Good morning. You must be the one with the spiritual signature I felt. My name is Milla Maxwell -- I made breakfast to make up for my intrusion." She scowled faintly. "Ordinarily the Four would be here to help me. This... is really my first attempt at cooking. I hope you will like it," she said as she moved to set it down on the table for him before she turned to regard him.

She was a bit taller than him, and certainly more developed-looking than Tear, marking her as a proper adult rather than someone in their later teens.

"Spiritual signature....the Four?" Yousuke questioned the strange terms she used. Tear hadn't mentioned anything like that....maybe she just forgot? Or maybe they were from different worlds....this was all getting a bit weird, but he decided to just roll along with it.

He sat down and looked at the "pancakes" He frowned to himself, making sure Milla didn't notice. She was a beautiful woman and he didn't want to upset her after all. He took a fork full of the food into his mouth and somehow managed to chew and swallow the concoction without gagging. He gave her a smile and a thumbs up before setting his fork down. "So then, Milla....what brings you here, exactly?" He questioned her, hoping she could enlighten him to his situation slightly.

Milla watched with a truly earnest expression upon her face. She had tried her hardest and was eager to see someone enjoy what she had made. She watched him choke down the concoction that had eggshells, way too much cinnamon for this recipe, and nuts. Whole nuts. She had neglected to remove the shells even, though it was by some small mercy that he didn't get any in the bite he took.

"Allow me to more properly introduce myself. I am Maxwell, the Great Spirit and creator of Rieze Maxia. Which... I suspect I am no longer in. The spirits here are all weak. All of them except for the ones around this house. They were especially strong over there, so I freed them," she said, pointing to the Hanamura's television.

It had a ladle through its screen.

"I wish to find a way home. And only with the power here do I think I can do that," Milla said.

"I see...so you are from a different world. You said you are a Great Spirit? That sounds really powerful...should I be in awe of you?" Yosuke asked earnestly, honestly not sure of just how powerful the girl in front of him was. He turned to look at the TV and visibly cringed and sighed. "That one was expensive...how am I going to explain that to mom and dad....I guess I can just buy a new one with money I've been saving up..." Yosuke muttered to himself as he looked at Milla. He couldn't possibly blame her, she didn't have any idea after all.

"So you want to get home. Well, I will certainly do my best to help you and keep you safe as well! " Yosuke gave her his trademarked grin and a wink as he held his hand out towards her for a handshake.

Back
Top Bottom