Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

Don't know how I'd never stumbled across this Shades of Grey review before.

Its depiction of Anastasia Steele shares so many parallels with the types of female characters I rail against in my request threads. And commonly encounter.

The author and I also have sarcasm in common :)

Original article found here:

Fifty Shades of Grey is a fantasy of female laziness
By Amanda Taubamanda@vox.com Feb 17, 2015, 11:20am EST

There may never have been a movie as remarkably at variance with its own breathless marketing campaign as Fifty Shades of Grey. The movie's trailer, posters, ads, and numerous product tie-ins all suggest that it's a film about a young woman's sexual awakening via an at-first-reluctant-but-then-enthusiastic embrace of a submissive sexual role.

But that's not at all what it delivers. The movie's primary fantasy isn't male control, it's female laziness. It's not a window into a world filled with kinky sex, of which there is shockingly little in the film. Rather, it's an imagined universe in which women are free to resist all pressure to self-improve, need never worry that their professional mistakes might have negative consequences for their careers, and can reject every piece of sex and relationship advice a women's magazine ever gave them, and have it work out great for them.

Anastasia "Ana" Steele, the film's pulpily-named heroine, is a world-class expert at Not Doing Anything Ever. Her main proclivity, in sex and in life, is not submission but indolence. In the real world, that might have negative consequences for her professional and romantic future. But in this movie, it brings expensive gifts, exciting adventures, and the adoration of hunky billionaire Christian Grey.

This is even more true of the film's heavily promoted, but ultimately fairly scarce, portrayals of sex, during which Anastasia lounges around, content in her lack of effort, and Christian does all the work. This is the opposite of Cosmopolitan's ever-more-complex suggestions of how to blow your man's mind in bed, with their implicit warning that the gentleman in question will lose interest if you don't manage to master this one clever technique using some smooth stones and an iced donut. Rather, the film offers the comforting fantasy that if you have a true connection with your partner, all you need to do to drive him wild and keep him coming back is to lie there, existing.

When the film begins, Anastasia is driving from Portland to Seattle to interview mysterious 27-year-old billionaire Christian Grey. This is a coy piece of misdirection, suggesting as it does that this character might, at some later point in the movie, take a second action of some kind. I am here to tell you that she does not.

Within moments, Anastasia is back to not doing things, as God and E.L. James intended. She gets off to a cracking start by not correcting the receptionist at Grey Enterprises who mistakes her for her roommate Kate, then stumbles into Grey's office where she sits passively in a chair, all helpless guile, until he comes and sits close enough to her to be captured by her voice recorder. Oh, and hands her a pencil, because she didn't bring one. Ana explains that she is there in the place of her flu-stricken roommate, who was too ill to make the drive — and then proceeds to not actually conduct the interview.

In any other movie, that scene would be a meet-cute that ends in disaster, only to be patched up later once Anastasia received a confidence-boosting makeover and some elocution lessons. But in Fifty Shades of Grey, no makeover is necessary. Stammering unprofessionalism is as sexy to Christian Grey as the dance of the seven veils. He is so immediately and inexplicably charmed that he cancels his next meeting so that he can spend more time with Anastasia.

She keeps up her alluring failure to do anything for the duration of their conversation. She refuses to admit to any professional ambition, and then rejects Grey's offer of an internship. By the end of their chat, he's done for: he has seen how special this idle little creature truly is, and is hopelessly, irrevocably smitten.

That's not a sexual fantasy so much as a balm for the anxieties and pressures of modern life. In reality, a failed interview like that would be a source of anxiety and professional regret. The fantasy of the movie is that it needn't be: Anastasia's sheer inherent amazingness is incredible enough to wipe out any negative consequences of her actions — or rather, her utter lack thereof. Even the interview that she didn't conduct turns out to be a ringing success: Christian swipes her list of questions as she leaves, and then emails a perfect set of answers.

Anastasia applies a similar "don't do anything ever" approach to her relationship with Christian. She doesn't follow up on the interview, so he comes to visit her at the hardware store where she works, and then sends her an expensive set of first-edition Henry James novels. She drunk-dials him — veering perilously close to overt action, presumably only as a result of her intoxication — but then reverts to form, refusing to tell him what bar she's in after he picks up. And yet he somehow finds her anyway and swoops in at the key moment to save her from a friend's unwanted advances. No Cosmo girl ever had it so good.

Anastasia's sole contribution to her dates with Christian is to step into whatever conveyance he sends for her, be it helicopter, limo, or glider, and then to allow him to shower her with expensive gifts. She snoozes, he buys her stylish new clothes. She fails to respond to his emails, he sends her a new computer. She yawns, he presents her with a car.

This is not mere passivity, it is laziness raised to an art form. Anastasia needs no more than a plaintive sigh to seize the productive resources of Grey Enterprises in their entirety, and a single excited gasp to direct them to her benefit. Christian Grey's behavior, if exhibited by a real live human man, would be horrifyingly controlling and probably criminal. But in the movie he's basically Prince Charming with a Maserati, turning up at all hours to fulfill her materialist desires without her having to exert herself in the slightest.

And speaking of desires....

This is not a movie about a woman's introduction to the submissive lifestyle, it is a movie about how a little light bondage provides an excellent excuse to make your partner do all the work in bed. If lying back and thinking of England were an Olympic event, Anastasia Steele would take the gold.

Early in the film, Anastasia idly nibbles a pencil with Christian Grey's name on it. That is the closest she comes to performing a sex act for the duration of the movie.

In the film's first sex scene, during which Anastasia loses her virginity to Christian, her actions are limited to the occasional squirm and soft gasp. Ditto the second one, in which her participation consists only of allowing Christian to pick her up and carry her out of the frame. In the third, he binds her wrists with a tie and then tells her to hold still — an obviously redundant command, but we'll allow it because it seemed to make him happy. God knows the man needed to make his own fun with this lady as his partner.

And that brings us to Christian's "red room" where the fantasy of laziness truly reaches its peak. What better excuse, after all, to be a totally passive sex partner than to be literally tied down? He braids her hair for her, tells her how beautiful she is, and then attaches her to various equipment before pleasuring her. Her contributions are limited to sighing, lip-biting, and occasionally allowing her head to loll to the side in ecstasy.

But, crucially, that all leaves Christian thrilled and desperate for more. He is captivated by Anastasia's me-first-you-never approach to sex, vanilla or otherwise.

It's true that there is some conflict in the relationship because Christian wants a kinky dom-sub dynamic and Anastasia wants vanilla sex and regular dinner dates. But while that would be a difficult challenge for a real-life couple to overcome, or even a reason to break up, it seems pretty clear that all Anastasia's going to have to do is wait out the two sequels. In the world of Fifty Shades, BDSM sex is the result of Christian Grey's tortured past — a sign of unhealed trauma. It doesn't take a genius to guess that he'll be cured of his desire to inflict pain on others when Anastasia's love heals the pain inside his heart.

And presumably she'll do it without lifting a finger.

Last edited:
It's so beautiful. I think the only thing I can add is that Ana is also an abusive bitch that regularly disreguards Grey's consent, gas lights the man constantly, and uses emotional manipulation to make sure he is always the bad guy and she is always blameless for everything.

I have never hated a heroine more. Nor have I ever not finished a book series before. I even finished Twilight, and that shit damn near killed me. >.<"

Does anyone else die a little inside when a friend talks you into reading a book that is so placid it kills a part of your soul? But, you have to read it, because you started already and now you just have to ride the lightening and embrace the suck.

I hate when that happens.

Last edited:
It's awesome isn't it? A pity Anastasia Steele isn't a lone-wolf when it comes to those types of characters. Then there are women like Valentina Rossi, xD

I haven't actually read the novels, and only seen a few minutes of one of the movies. That was by accident when I pressed the wrong button on the remote and I got transfixed by the awfulness of it; kind of like watching a car crash. But I have read enough reviews and articles about them to know I don't want to.

I'm like you, it's rare that I never finished a novel I've started. Only twice from memory; the first book I can't even remember the title of. The second, ironically, was called 'Something Happened' by Joseph Heller.

Ironic because the reason I gave up was that over two-thirds the way in I was still waiting for something to fucking happen!

---------------------

Finally got around to posting the opener for my new story with the awesomely fun AzureRain on E, after completing our first. This time, portraying a movie producer, it again promises to be a blast. A shout-out to Xana for help with the title.

2tTgLbE.jpg
I've just the actress for the role." Callum Rogers interjected when James Inglis finally ran out of breath. The man couldn’t contain his excitement when Rogers had confirmed he'd secured funding for their film. One that'd be directed by Ingles and mark the debut of Callum's independent production company, Zapari Studios.

A year ago, Rogers had been one amongst the crowd working for Paramount. Until the low-budget teen horror flick he'd produced turned out a surprise summer blockbuster. It was still going gangbusters on Blu-Ray and streaming services. So far, the $20m dollar film had earned $180m and garnered Callum a seven-figure bonus.

On receiving that lump sum payment, he'd wiggled out of his contract and started his own company. While he'd enjoyed his decade with one of the big players, Callum had tired of the requirement to churn out movies that stuck to the same populist formula. Superheroes and adolescent angst, directed at pimple-faced teenagers.

His departure brought a threat to sue for the return of his bonus which hadn't materialised, It also generated buzz about what he'd choose for his first film. He hadn't revealed was that he'd been in negotiations for the past year to acquire the film rights to a New York Times bestselling novel. An erotic suspense novel notorious for the provocative nature of its twenty-three-year-old female protagonist and graphic sex.

What got Callum's less-money offer across the line was his commitment to the author to not shy away from controversy on celluloid. They shared a desire to push the limits of an R rating as far as they could and she'd have a veto over the final script. An uncut NC-17 version was planned for release further down the track.

"Who's that?" The humour in Jame's tone said he knew the answer.

"Eliza."

"If you want to succeed, Rogers, think with your brain, not your cock."

"Come on buddy, she has the perfect look and the camera adores her."

"You're not wrong about the last," Ingles laughed, "These days the paparazzi snaps a picture of the happy couple and it's you they crop out before publishing. Entertainment Tonight should refer to Callum Rogers as Eliza's date rather than the other way around. Are you guys serious?"

"Serious enough, but not like I'm planning to pop the question."

"You sure; three months is your record, isn't it?"

"True," Callum chuckled, "Anyway, audition her and she might surprise you with her talent."

"Doubt it, and it's not all about talent. She hasn't got the acting credits in the bank, nor the name, but I'll give her a shot for the experience and she could end up with a minor part." James had the final call on casting. "For now, make sure the damn thing doesn't fall over before we get the script completed. I'll catch up with you later this week."

After Ingles hung up Callum smiled, reclined in his chair and messaged Eliza.

Hey babe, I'm free in an hour. How about I take you out for dinner, then a bottle of Dom Perignon and dessert in the hot-tub? I've some exciting news.

A guaranteed audition was all he'd wanted from James. It meant he didn't have to lie.

Callum had been there before with up-and-coming starlets. It didn‘t matter how enamoured he was with them, as he was with Eliza, once the initial lust and excitement faded, he found it impossible to remain monogamous. Fame and money provided too many temptations, the lies started and the relationships imploded. So this time, he'd change tack and bring Eliza along for the ride; the potential of a lead role in a major film a lure to keep her on the hook until she'd become accustomed to the liberated Hollywood lifestyle.

Let me know where and when, and I'll send Alec to pick you up.

One more BMR story in the works, and with the return from long-term hiatus of my collaborations with Xana and Aurelia, I need to stop there. Might have to delete my damn requests threads to stop me from bumping.

Then again, once I'm all caught up!

Last edited:
For the first time in, I don't know, possibly a year, I'm totally up to date with responses.

While I have free brain space, time for some musings.

With my love of sad and melancholy songs, not sure how it took me so long to discover Sufjan Stevens.

This one has been called the 'saddest song of all time'

Not sure about that, but it is up there!

----------------------

And found this image, which perfectly reflects my thoughts/attitude when I sign on to see a not uncommon passive-aggressive profile post or read yet again someone whining about being ghosted.

whnzwg8.jpg

Maybe BMR should implement a 'one self-pitying profile post per person per day' rule!

Last edited:
Bumps thread requesting non-submissive females.

Receives numerous approaches:

Them:

"I realise you asked for non-submissive female characters, but you don't really mean that. You mean everyone else's except mine, because mine's a special submissive snowflake unlike all the other self-proclaimed special submissive snowflakes.

And after all; it's what I am in real-life, and I couldn't possibly be expected to portray anything that strays one inch outside of my self-insert reality box. It's unfair of you to ask!

Now that's cleared up, how about a Dominant Male Vampire/Submissive Female Were Creature pairing set in a mythical, magical, non-existent Fantasy world?"

Me:

9tYx0VQ.gif

Am I the only one who sees the contradiction there?

Last edited:
Just you wait. Tenley is going to end up being uber submissive sex fairy who needs constant BDSM dick to survive.

Just you wait. Tenley is going to end up being uber submissive sex fairy who needs constant BDSM dick to survive.

Oh cool, that's awesome. Tenley just jumped straight to the front of the 'interesting female characters with a difference I've been asked to write opposite of' queue!

Maybe that big role of hers can be as the new Anastasia 'do-nothing' Steele in a Fifty Shades of Gray remake, and she's just method-acting with my character?

Oh cool, that's awesome. Tenley just jumped straight to the front of the 'interesting female characters with a difference I've been asked to write opposite of' queue!

Maybe that big role of hers can be as the new Anastasia 'do-nothing' Steele in a Fifty Shades of Gray remake, and she's just method-acting with my character?

I was going to keep it as an ace up my sleeve but I knew you'd appreciate the surprise plot twist I didn't discuss with you first!

I was going to keep it as an ace up my sleeve but I knew you'd appreciate the surprise plot twist I didn't discuss with you first!

As long as Tenley doesn't start showing that sort of initiative in the story itself; you're forgiven.

------------------

A little Australian comedy; though I'm not sure others will get the humorous truth bell it rings. Or what the international equivalents of a bogan-owned Staffy are!

-------------------------------------------------------------

And a photo of Mandy.

Or is it Millie?

Three month's old, and I can still can't tell the bloody kittens apart.

All I know is that both are damn cute and think they run the place, not me!

Bs4SHqF.jpg

Last edited:
In honour of the Fourth of July over in the US; a salute from the land of the convicts to the land of the free:

All Jim Jefferies sarcastic humour aside, Happy Independence Day to my BMR American friendsl

Last edited:
In honour of the upcoming 50th anniversary of the faked moon landing:

Honestly, I have no idea how they thought they could get away with fooling us all!

Nor why they have british accents since all the faked footage was supplied by Australia!

----------------------------------

Saturday also marks the 120th anniversary of Robert Green Ingersoll's death. Not that I really need an excuse to post any of the great man's work or thoughts!

I usually find try to find images, but since some of these are rather long, just his words will need to suffice this time!

"I regard the rights of men and women equal. In Love's fair realm, husband and wife are king and queen, sceptered and crowned alike, and seated on the self-same throne. "

"I would rather live and love where death is king than have eternal life where love is not."

"You need not go back four thousand years for heroines. The world is filled with them today. They do not belong to any nation, nor to any religion, nor exclusively to any race. Wherever woman is found, they are found."

"The history of intellectual progress is written in the lives of infidels."

"The God of hell should be held in loathing, contempt and scorn. A god who threatens eternal pain should be hated, not loved; cursed, not worshipped. A heaven presided over by such a god must be below the meanest hell."

"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith! Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge!"

"The intelligent and good man holds in his affections the good and true of every land -- the boundaries of countries are not the limitations of his sympathies. Caring nothing for race, or color, he loves those who speak other languages and worship other gods. Between him and those who suffer, there is no impassable gulf. He salutes the world, and extends the hand of friendship to the human race. He does not bow before a provincial and patriotic god -- one who protects his tribe or nation, and abhors the rest of mankind."

"I would not for my life destroy one star of human hope, but I want it so that when a poor woman rocks the cradle and sings a lullaby to the dimpled darling, she will not be compelled to believe that ninety-nine chances in a hundred she is raising kindling wood for hell."

"Love is the only bow of life's dark cloud. It is the Morning and Evening Star. It shines upon the cradle of the babe, and sheds its radiance upon the quiet tomb. It is the Mother of Art, inspirer of poet, patriot, and philosopher. It is the air and light of every heart, builder of every home, kinder of every fire on every hearth, it was the first dream of immortality. It fills the world with melody. Love is the magician, the enchanter, that changes worthless things to joy, and makes right royal kings of common clay."

"I want no heaven for which I must give my reason; no happiness in exchange for my liberty, and no immortality that demands the surrender of my individuality. Better rot in the windowless tomb, to which there is no door but the red mouth of the pallid worm, than to wear the jeweled collar of a god."

"The man who does not do his own thinking is a slave, and is a traitor to himself and to his fellow-men."

"If cathedrals had been universities. If dungeons of the Inquisition had been laboratories. If Christians had believed in character instead of creed. If they had taken from the bible only that which is GOOD and thrown away the wicked and absurd. If temple domes had been observatories. If priests had been philosophers. If missionaries had taught useful arts instead of bible lore. If astrology had been astronomy. If the black arts had been chemistry. If superstition had been science. If religion had been humanity. The world then would be a heaven filled with love, and liberty and joy."

"It is hard to conceive of the utter demoralization, of the political blindness and immorality, of the patriotic dishonesty, of the cruelty and degradation of a people who supplemented the incomparable Declaration of Independence with the Fugitive Slave Law."

"In nature, there are neither rewards or punishments; there are consequences."

"There has never been upon the earth a generation of free men and women. It is not yet time to write a creed. Wait until the chains are broken — until dungeons are not regarded as temples. Wait until solemnity is not mistaken for wisdom — until mental cowardice ceases to be known as reverence. Wait until the living are considered the equals of the dead — until the cradle takes precedence of the coffin. Wait until what we know can be spoken without regard to what others may believe. Wait until teachers take the place of preachers — until followers become investigators. Wait until the world is free before you write a creed.

In this creed there will be but one word — Liberty."

And, finally, I've posted this before I think. Whenever I feeling a little down or in need of inspiration, I listen to it. Such an enlightened man and one of uncompromising moral integrity; sadly lost to the annals of history because of his outspokenness against religion and support for woman's rights, equality and intellectual freedom. If only I could go back in time and attend one of his (in)famous oratory performances in person.

Last edited:
It's always nice when you find an article online that lets you know you're not alone in this world!

Original Article found here:

‘Why would you want to ghettoise someone’s culture?’ This was the charge levied at me when I told friends that I was writing an article on why I don’t think, as a rule of thumb, fantasy novels are worthwhile. The idea came from a discussion I had with esteemed writer of The Acquirers Stephen Flockton; the topic was ‘Why won’t you read and latterly watch Game of Thrones?’ with my answer being ‘Not only do I not give a fuck about any of that fantasy nonsense, I’m not sure anyone should’. Now this statement takes a lot of qualifying and I’m going to try and get my caveats and definitions out in one paragraph.

Firstly, I’m really not trying to ghettoise anyone’s culture, sure you can all read what you want; free of judgement about your personal character. Secondly, you are free to purchase and consume whatever you like; you are adults for god sake, look at you paying your taxes and presumably your broadband bill. Thirdly, I’ve had this discussion (and in most cases heated argument) with many a fantasy fan and we all come up across the same problem; how to define a fantasy novel? And I grant you it is a hell of a task, it is the genre that has launched a thousand ships; is it ‘heroic fantasy’, ‘epic fantasy’, ‘high fantasy’, ‘dark fantasy’, ‘gluten-free fantasy’? I’ve only got the space of this article, so let me be insufficiently blunt in coining the overall classification: ‘Elfy-wizardy shit’.

I don’t mean anything that involves a magical or supernatural element I mean the entire fucking wall of your local Waterstones that is devoted to sword-wielding, bronzeage-darkage-medieval mythic quests, battles on the side of good against an a-moral, decidedly evil foe (the ratios always being 2 Goliaths for every 1 David). ‘Well what is so wrong with wizardy-elfy shit or whatever you’ve reduced it to?’ I hear you ask. Well, nothing, if we had infinity to read all the books; but alas I believe we must all choose a little more wisely.

The amount of time we have between now and death is finite and ever receding (shhh physicists, not now) and we must choose wisely how we spend it and to do so we all make value judgements. For my money, with the little time left, I’ve decided not to bother with fantasy novels and here is why:

1. The motherfuckers are too long. The fantastic Megan Leigh wrote a wonderful piece about fantasy and sci-fi worlds where she mentions a fantasy novel The Way of Kings which weighs in at a mammoth 1105 pages. Something I’ve noticed about the pedlars of elfy-wizardy shit is they seem to adopt the attitude of ‘why use one word when several pages of bulky exposition will do’?

Why let your reader be part of the world building experiencing, take every slither of subtext away from them, choke them with a thick fog of detail; lest they deviate from your version of what your ‘world’ should look like. I’m sure there is a whole canon of writers that contributed to this; but I’m going to put the blame squarely at Tolkien. If Fantasy is the genre that launched a thousand ships, then Tolkien is our Helen of Troy; the fucker. This brings me to my second point.

2. They are, from what I can see, stylistically similar/identical. The proportions are fantastically huge and the stakes are never short of an ever-extending Reich of darkness and evil; if not that then utter annihilation of the world/reality/universe (delete as appropriate). There is a hero(s), which unless you’re not familiar with the world of favourable protagonists, is you. You are the protagonist, you heroic son of a bitch you.

Your role as a commander of the light is to rage against the dichotomous darkness. Led by some dude (almost always a dude) who is hell bent on ruling all of ‘insert world here’ because…well because…he is evil, of course. Say nothing of his comprehensive universal healthcare plan and introducing a set of legislative measures to ensure the rights of the common man with hope of putting an end to abject serfdom. He’s evil because the writer says so, and you’re good because you want to be and the odds are against you. But don’t worry; you’ve still got 800 pages to turn around your perilous circumstance and save the day, apparently.

Now don’t get me wrong, history is littered with despotic malevolent rulers and we all wish we could depose them in a fiery blaze of epic glory; but how many times do you want to re-read that fantasy in cosmetically different combinations? Twice, tops. But I get it, you’ve got slightly less than £10 burning a hole in your pocket and you want to see things in your mind’s eye that will take you to a place not of the world that we currently inhabit? Well, take the four or five steps to your left/right to the long-suffering sibling of the fantasy novel, the science fiction section. Where writers consistently find ingenious ways of imagining the future that have fed discussions, influenced our lives and plague our thoughts. Some of the finest examples:

• 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
  • Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
  • Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke
  • War of the Worlds by H.G Wells
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood

3. They don’t really say anything. If I can be at most optimistic and ignore the morass of Tolkien-like greyness, the accompanying films/comics/toys/t-shirts; and take these novels as an expression of art, a soul (one of our brothers and sisters) has sat earnestly at a typewriter, macbook, or stone tablet and tried to create something beautiful (?), numinous (?), transcendental (?), explorative (?), expository (?).

Or are they simply self-serving fantasies designed to pull you slavishly from one page to the next never really having to contemplate or answer any hard questions, never unseating you wholly from the nook you’ve carved out for yourself, never really displeasing you beyond the same feeling you might get when McDonald’s has run out of Big Macs because let’s face it you can just squeeze two normal cheeseburgers together and squint.

Now the thing about the points made above is that they are pretty much true for a lot of genres in as much as large scale publishing houses create lists based on an almost algorithmic pattern; based on consumption habits and selling patterns. Nobody seems to want to break the mould for the most part, neither publisher nor bookseller nor reader alike.

So if I can’t convince you not to read these things (and I’m not even sure I’m trying to do that), I’d like those elfy-wizardy purveyors among you to chuck in a curve ball every once in a while. Read something in a section you usually avoid, like the translated fiction table or even the poetry corner? How about the army of self-published authors that would not be picked up so easily by publisher or lit agent. There are a great many people doing a great many things and none of us should get stymied in 1105 pages of poorly written tomes that turn out to be good yarns (Sorry Ms Megan Leigh).

So, that descended into a didactic rant a little more quickly than I might have hoped; my stupid veil is always slipping. But in conclusion, life is far, far too short for fantasy novels.

Let's be clear before everyone comes after me with their wizardy-elfy swords; I don't have anything against it. Except for the fact that some people (particularly prevalent in story approaches here) seem to think everyone 'should' be into it and/or that fantasy and its cousin, the supernatural, are by default somehow 'more interesting/and or creative' than contemporary reality.

Personally, for example, I find the concept of writing or reading about the psychology of a deluded mind in a real-word setting who 'believes' - insert your choice of alternate universes, vampires lycans, demons, elves and Orcs, God, magic, Batman, Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader et al here - exist infinitely more fascinating and interesting than a story set in a make-believe place where they do.

Last edited:
1) Detail everything you really don't want, character archetypes that nauseate rather than excite you and kinks/dynamics you'd like no part of, as if you do. And what you do want, as if you don't. Including, if you only write on threads, clearly expressing - inclusive of rainbow colours, large text, underlining and bolding so it can't be missed - that you only write in PM.

2) Wait for the deluge of messages from people who first acknowledge what you've said you've said you are looking for, then proceed to dismiss your preferences as irrelevant and hit you up with what you've explicitly stated you're not.

3) Voila; within five minutes you have an inbox full of approaches suiting what you are after to be written on your preferred medium.

Wx48kzw.jpg

Last edited:
I finally relented and, because my cable provider was offering a special deal and I could stream it straight to my tv, got Netflix.

I haven't watched much yet - as football season still has a month to run! - but managed to binge one three-hour series over the weekend.

Though the promo's looked great, little did I expect a teen-centric dramedy to become one of my favourite ever tv shows!

Surprisingly deep characterisation with an emotional message, replete with plenty of laughs and an awesome soundtrack, if anyone else is a fan of pitch-black British humour, I'd definitely recommend it:

It's now got me craving to write another character-driver fucked-up, dark-romance serial-killer road-trip story!

Last edited:
Have taken on two more new stories - one on BMR and one on E -, but being the glutton for punishment I am, have decided to keep looking for just that 'one more.'

To make things easier on myself, I plan to be even fussier than normal and only contemplate requests from those who don't outright refuse to play an older woman and whose 'switch' characters, actually, you know, switch!

At the same time, I'm starting my real-life quest for the Holy Grail and incontrovertible evidence of the existence of God.

I'm about 50/50 on which of the above I'll find first, and 100 percent on neither!

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Come on, Quix, you already have incontrovertible evidence of the existence of God.

*Waves arms frantically*

I'm right here!

I hate to let you down, Lea, but you're a Goddess

while from what I've read (and we all know the bible would never get crucial facts wrong!) and imagery I've seen, God is a privileged white misogynist male!

Last edited:
I'm not surprised it's your favourite. It must be an amazing feeling to have a song written about and dedicated to you!

For most people anyway;

I hate to let you down, Lea, but you're a Goddess

while from what I've read (and we all know the bible would never get crucial facts wrong!) and imagery I've seen, God is a privileged white misogynist male!

Wait... I thought he was a Jew?

ps: great, now that song's gonna be stuck in my head. xD

I'm not sure if there's any phrase that makes me want to stick my finger down my throat and throw up when I read it, or it's alluded to in a RT than;

'traditional gender roles.'

At least if we're going to stick to 'traditional gender roles' let's not be hypocritical and pick and choose only certain contexts to apply it to, but go the whole hog and do it properly!

Qy27JMO.jpg

CtfyTwY.jpg

HM0cX8N.jpg

KReLkaB.jpg

umNc5M5.jpg

Doesn't a return to the mid Twentieth Century look like fun!

Last edited:
To be honest, I'd give up my career in a heartbeat to sit at home all day doing whatever the hell I want to do with myself that day, swiffering the floors, dusting things, eating bon-bons and cooking. xD

So would I, Lea, so would I!

I mean I seem to spend half my life now vacuuming kitty litter off the carpet and cleaning up cat-poop anyway, so how much more work could it be? xD

In truth, I bet you'd get so bored after a month that you'd start looking for a challenge and something to keep your intellect occupied. Which means you'd likely turn out more of a trouble-maker than you already are, xd :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom